THE BROWNS BOARD

Tashaun Gipson Hopes to "Hang 40" on Browns

hx214

There are players who don't care, who only play the game for $$$$$$$$, especially when theydon't see any chance ot making bigger money on the playoffs or superbowl. So, they just don't careabout winning a game, playing all out. They don't love the game. No work ethic about playing their best,giving everything on the field to make the team successful - it's all about them, and they got their monies,,.

it just doesn't matter to them. Some players who really care about being the best - and winning - and the game...won't go to a team that is mired in not being a good team. These guys bail on teams at the first chance of bigger money,and more chance of going to the playoffs/superbowl. So, they leave, even if they take less money to make the move.This won't change until the Browns get all cylinders running and start winning.

You add some pass defense, a star wr, and a franchise qb (yes, jury is still out on Kizer so far...but I don't know...)...and the Browns are going to be headed to the playoffs, and looking at being superbowl contenders.

That's a lot closer than they used to be, with serious lack of talent on the offensive line, defensive line, lbs...just can't fix everything with two drafts. Especially with drafting players with no heart for the game like Gordon... and players who can't stay healthy, like Coleman, when Michael Thomas was on the board.... a car with no steering wheel and no tires just wrecks, or doesn't go anywhere.

And I still wish we had had a chance to see Joe Haden at FS. and it seems that Hue doesn't demand self-discipline from his players - and some players seem to falter because of that. I don't know. But this fo needs a long sitdown with Kosar, Rutigliano, Bob Golic, etc etc etc...and learn how to find players who love the game.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Nero said:

hope this changes and the FO becomes more aggresive as the defining years for the process come (year 3 and 4), aiming higher both in draft and FA, but for me what they have done, after studying it, makes some sense.

I’m not sure this HC & FO will see a year 3 or 4 if this team goes 0-16.

There will definitely be some changes coming.

18 hours ago, stillmotion said:

I'm not saying this FO hasn't done good things, they have. I was referring to Jimmy even being below the Cap back in the farmer days. The stats I pulled out were from back before the beginning of the season. I liked the Collins move and beefing up to O-Line. I guess my point is I'd like to see us in the next 3 years be one of the teams that spends the most Cap room. I don't want to continue to draft 14 rookies every year for 5 more years because we just don't have enough space for them. I thought the Joe Thomas resigning was just a PR move to keep him from retiring.

Incentive... not PR.

Might be 4 years, but we will be rising in our spend. Again... big FA acquisitions are the final stage of building. When know the pieces we need to add to put us over the top for a deep playoff run and we're close enough to that promised land to attract ring-hungry studs.

11 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

well, I will be going to the Browns game vs the Jags, so I guarantee

a Browns win !

and that's a fact, Jag !

The Great Calfoxy Guarantee?

8 hours ago, stillmotion said:

After moneyball starts

2016 - Browns rank 1st in cap space available - $46,108,169

2017 - Browns rank 1st in cap space available - $62,310,269

Were also #1 in Deadmoney those two years.... and not by a little. I'm sure you can spin that as a negative, but to my mind it's not. This FO... this owner... has been willing to pay players who don't belong to leave. They've owned up to mistakes, albeit mostly not of this regime's doing, to take the pain now, when they can afford to, in order to look at more players as they build (pour?) the foundation for a sustainable franchise.

The earlier years you noted when we were around the $20mm mark were a warning. A not very good team without a franchise QB could barely afford to keep one one with that small of a cushion.

This FO is playing chess. They are pre-managing the cap. When the team is ready, so too will be the payroll.

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Were also #1 in Deadmoney those two years.... and not by a little. I'm sure you can spin that as a negative, but to my mind it's not. This FO... this owner... has been willing to pay players who don't belong to leave. They've owned up to mistakes, albeit mostly not of this regime's doing, to take the pain now, when they can afford to, in order to look at more players as they build (pour?) the foundation for a sustainable franchise.

The earlier years you noted when we were around the $20mm mark were a warning. A not very good team without a franchise QB could barely afford to keep one one with that small of a cushion.

This FO is playing chess. They are pre-managing the cap. When the team is ready, so too will be the payroll.

I just want to see them be aggressive this offseason. I think i'll die in my twenties from a stroke if the Browns lose 10 or more games in 2018 and then again in 2019.

2 hours ago, stillmotion said:

I just want to see them be aggressive this offseason. I think i'll die in my twenties from a stroke if the Browns lose 10 or more games in 2018 and then again in 2019.

Well he was a fine young man. He always thought he'd go by a stroke, but he died of a broken heart after going 4-60 from 2016 thru 2019. We hardly knew him. If he'd lasted another 20 years maybe he could have been saved from such a fate.:D

Archived