The Gipper

Rumors. Harbaugh, others to Browns??

6 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

Easy there boo. Lets not get too far ahead of ourselves. Yes, at some positions the browns have some nice players. I wouldnt use the term "loaded" tho

We will never know who can play in this league without a HC that can scheme and adapt to the players on the roster.

You dont need a pro bowler at every position to win. You need a smart HC.

1 hour ago, Orion said:

31.  And if ya can't get one of those then ya wait 'til next year....rather than go to football's Siberia.  

Egggggsactly.

4 minutes ago, wargograw said:

Egggggsactly.

Why is that?  You think that because it's the Browns that they could never get the highly sought after candidate? 

48 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

Still doesnt change the fact that the city is a football town.

If Belichick looked at the cast of misfits who coached the Patriots before him, he would have turned around at the state line and gone home. The Browns are due for something good.

You mean Pete Carroll and Bill Parcells?

You might want to delete this nonsense

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mark O said:

Why is that?  You think that because it's the Browns that they could never get the highly sought after candidate? 

umm...in a word...YES

Have you not seen what's been going on around here since Jimmuh took over?  The man fired the coach and FO when he got here.  Then he fired the new coach & FO the very next year.  Two more years and fired another coach & GM.  And now he's got the Harvard Think Tank making all of the decisions...and they've made the team incapable of winning a single game while supplying OTHER teams with their franchise QB's.  And we JUST recently had the coach's daughter and the owner's wife blasting the FO.  -  WTF - Who in their right mind would wanna come here?

How 'bout this?  If a coach came out and said, "I want to coach the Cleveland Browns"....I wouldn't hire him, because he'd have to be phucked in the head!

• Upvote 1

On 11/13/2017 at 3:55 PM, The Gipper said:

Or Gruden?   You never know:

https://247sports.com/college/tennessee/Article/ESPN-analyst-Jon-Gruden-on-returning-to-coaching-You-never-know-110265673

This says he may be a candidate for the newly opened Univ. of Tennessee job.

But he is a Sandusky native?   Come home?

Fauhk Gruden. He is more boring than a toilet brush.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Orion said:

umm...in a word...YES

Have you not seen what's been going on around here since Jimmuh took over?  The man fired the coach and FO when he got here.  Then he fired the new coach & FO the very next year.  Two more years and fired another coach & GM.  And now he's got the Harvard Think Tank making all of the decisions...and they've made the team incapable of winning a single game while supplying OTHER teams with their franchise QB's.  And we JUST recently had the coach's daughter and the owner's wife blasting the FO.  -  WTF - Who in their right mind would wanna come here?

How 'bout this?  If a coach came out and said, "I want to coach the Cleveland Browns"....I wouldn't hire him, because he'd have to be phucked in the head!

You do realize however that the guy coaching the Browns was considered the hot and highly sought after candidate right?    He was the guy that was interviewing in other places and he choose the Browns.   The same Browns were recognized as getting the best of the new coaching hires (i've already posted the links in another thread so i'm not looking it up again), he was the guy...the man...the guy that was being talked about all throughout the end of the 2015 season as the guy that would be a HC the next season and he came here.   So.....I guess the point would be that the Browns have already gotten that guy once, I don't think it has turned out well and he should be replaced, so there's no reason to think they can't get the next great NFL head coach to come to Cleveland.  We don't know who that guy is...and we won't know till whoever it is comes here and starts winning games. 

4 minutes ago, Mark O said:

You do realize however

Yes, I do.  And he can't do squat with what the Harvard Think Tank lets him have.  And when / if his butt gets shown the door at season's end HIS name will be mud just like everyone else that coached under Haslam.

2 minutes ago, Orion said:

Yes, I do.  And he can't do squat with what the Harvard Think Tank lets him have.  And when / if his butt gets shown the door at season's end HIS name will be mud just like everyone else that coached under Haslam.

You're contradicting yourself...you said the Browns can't get the highly sought after candidate and then agree with me when I tell you we already got that guy once.  So which is it?  Can the Browns get the highly sought after candidate or not?   I'd say they certainly can....money plus the fact that it's 1 of 32 of these jobs in the world will make a young hot coordinator ready to take that next step to be a head coach.  If they don't want the challenge or whatever of working in Cleveland..then fuck em...they aren't the guy for the challenge anyways.

Not tired enough of drafting missagain players that never pan out? Now it's their coaches too? 

(only half kidding) 

On 11/14/2017 at 1:00 AM, hoorta said:

They'll have to pay him Belichick money Gip. College coaches get paid way better than NFL coaches. No one knows what Bill actually makes, but Sean Payton was getting $8 million. Nick Saban makes $11.5 at Alabama. Plus top college guys have damn near lifetime job security. 

Gruden isn't coming. Tressel isn't coming. I doubt Harbaugh is. 

Harbaugh (about $9M) makes more than BB now and it's not always about money (in their neighborhood), more ego, control etc. Plus Gruden probably no, Tressel no.

I think these numbers are pretty current:

Pete Carroll Seattle Seahawks $8,000,000
Sean Payton New Orleans Saints $8,000,000
Bill Belichick New England Patriots $7,500,000
Andy Reid Kansas City Chiefs $7,500,000
John Harbaugh Baltimore Ravens $7,000,000
Mike Tomlin Pittsburgh Steelers $7,000,000
Mike McCarthy Green Bay Packers $6,000,000
Jason Garrett Dallas Cowboys $6,000,000
Bruce Arians Arizona Cardinals $6,000,000
Jay Gruden Washington Redskins $5,000,000
Bill O’Brien Houston Texans $5,000,000
Chuck Pagano Indianapolis Colts $4,500,000
Dan Quinn Atlanta Falcons $4,500,000
Marvin Lewis Cincinnati Bengals $4,500,000
John Fox Chicago Bears $4,250,000
Mike Zimmer Minnesota Vikings $4,000,000
Ron Rivera Carolina Panthers $4,000,000
Todd Bowles New York Jets $4,000,000
Jim Caldwell Detroit Lions $4,000,000
Jack Del Rio Oakland Raiders $3,500,000

9 hours ago, BaconHound said:

You mean Pete Carroll and Bill Parcells?

You might want to delete this nonsense

Carroll was a clown who took a super bowl roster and drove it into the ground.

Why do you think that he was fired in year 3?

Of course Parcells was good. Just like Marty was good. I was referring to all the other Rummys throughout franchise history. No HC worth his whistle is going to turn down the Browns job because of Butch Davis 15 years ago.

16 hours ago, Orion said:

31.  And if ya can't get one of those then ya wait 'til next year....rather than go to football's Siberia.  

No way.  You have no clue if there will be any opportunity "next year".

15 hours ago, BaconHound said:

Once again the team stinks and everyone is convinced it's not that the talent is missing it's the coaches fault.

It is some of both.

15 hours ago, boo fagley said:

Still doesnt change the fact that the city is a football town.

If Belichick looked at the cast of misfits who coached the Patriots before him, he would have turned around at the state line and gone home. The Browns are due for something good.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, boo fagley said:

The Browns are due for something good.

You mean like a spiced honey mead wine?

Pit of Misery! Dilly Dilly!

4 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Dilly-Dilly!

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Its probably better than Ghoolies Zaya rum.

13 hours ago, boo fagley said:

Carroll was a clown who took a super bowl roster and drove it into the ground.

Why do you think that he was fired in year 3?

Of course Parcells was good. Just like Marty was good. I was referring to all the other Rummys throughout franchise history. No HC worth his whistle is going to turn down the Browns job because of Butch Davis 15 years ago.

Super Bowl Champ and played in another.  Part of the regime that built the Legion of Boom and brought in Russell Wilson, ain't no clown.

18 hours ago, BaconHound said:

Super Bowl Champ and played in another.  Part of the regime that built the Legion of Boom and brought in Russell Wilson, ain't no clown.

Not in NE. Never won a playoff game.

Why would I care about Carrol after he was fired. Do you care about Crennel and Mangini?

44 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

Why would I care about Carrol after he was fired. Do you care about Crennel and Mangini?

Did they win/appear in Super Bowls as HCs after they left here?

4 hours ago, boo fagley said:

Beep Beep Beep, back peddle?

You called Belichick's predecessors clowns.  Don't back up, just admit you misspoke.  It happens man, I do it once a weekend.  It's ok

A coach at a top college would be crazy to take a NFL job.

The settings are usually very nice.  The perks are great....Spurrier got a Augusta membership to coach at South Carolina.  They control( to a degree) who they can bring in, and can control those guys because if their wish is to play in the NFL, they have to listen to the coach.

Plus, they make more than the help.  It's never good when the boss is making less than his crew.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Did they win/appear in Super Bowls as HCs after they left here?

If they did what difference would it make in Cleveland?