Jump to content
The Gipper

Rumors. Harbaugh, others to Browns??

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

He had a good offense built in short order but the defense was pure shiite. Given more time tho yes, i agree mangini would have built a more complete team. There should have been a million man protest outside berea over that firing. In ine year we went from having one of the most feared ground game in football and being mentioned as potential up and coming teams to........well........whatever the shurm era was

Holmgren liked his guy, shurmur, who i didn't like. Mangini had more heart than all of those other coaches combined. I'll never forget when he beat the Patriots how fired up our guys were.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, stillmotion said:

Holmgren liked his guy, shurmur, who i didn't like. Mangini had more heart than all of those other coaches combined. I'll never forget when he beat the Patriots how fired up our guys were.

Yup. Always thoughtbholmgren must have had a back deal with the rooneys to shtcan the browns

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Peyton Manning - VP and GM

Josh McDaniels - HC

Eric Mangini - DC

Art Briles - OC

 

Would be happy with this .....not gonna happen any of them tho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BaconHound said:

Why would any coach worth a damn want to be with the Browns, seriously.  Stop

Competitive guys with huge egos want to show they are IT. Imagine if you are THE coach who turns it around for the Browns. You are a legend who can write your own ticket. Add in a text n of young talent and draft picks, why wouldn't you is a better question. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

Competitive guys with huge egos want to show they are IT. Imagine if you are THE coach who turns it around for the Browns. You are a legend who can write your own ticket. Add in a text n of young talent and draft picks, why wouldn't you is a better question. 

Exactly.   We had these same discussions 2 years ago and all the naysayers were saying the same thing, why would anyone come here?  We are going to get some no name...etc etc.   Then they went out and picked up the coach that was the hot candidate that offseason and experts were all saying that he was the guy who would turn it around in Cleveland.  Turns out that looks like a mistake.  Doesn't mean you have to live with it forever or even another 23 games of it.   Make the move in the offseason and get a HC who will buy into the process.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Alkid3 said:

Harbaugh > Hue not even close 

He'll switch us to a 3-4 tho so thats out. The only reason our 4-3 is decent is because we drafted 2-3 years now 4-3 talent that until this year we used in a 3-4. None of our edges are 3-4 guys. Its a complete decensive over haul say hello to 31st in the league in all categories. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mark O said:

Exactly.   We had these same discussions 2 years ago and all the naysayers were saying the same thing, why would anyone come here?  We are going to get some no name...etc etc.   Then they went out and picked up the coach that was the hot candidate that offseason and experts were all saying that he was the guy who would turn it around in Cleveland.  Turns out that looks like a mistake.  Doesn't mean you have to live with it forever or even another 23 games of it.   Make the move in the offseason and get a HC who will buy into the process.

So chud, sherm, pettine.....all household names right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

So chud, sherm, pettine.....all household names right?

Hue Jackson....top hot coordinator in 2016 right??   

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stillmotion said:

Mangini was the best coach the Browns have had since 99

I liked Butch Davis, until he fell in love with Kelly Holcomb. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't care who we hire so long as the dude is not some kind of bozo like Hue or Chip Kelly...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PoeticG said:

Gruden, Harbaugh or Tressel would all be welcomed over Hue. 

I'm so over Hue Jackson and the way he coaches. Mangini was 10x better than Jackson.

 

Hell I would put Hue below Chris Palmer who won more with no talent at all 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Richiswhere said:

Hell I would put Hue below Chris Palmer who won more with no talent at all 

Exactly.  the 1999 Browns won 2 games.  This team and regime might not win 2 games in 2 seasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Exactly.  the 1999 Browns won 2 games.  This team and regime might not win 2 games in 2 seasons.

yeah but we didn't have Sashi back then. We didn't have a better GM to come up with a genius plan to make our team the best the NFL's ever seen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mark O said:

Hue Jackson....top hot coordinator in 2016 right??   

 

If we'd have stuck with Chud / Turner I think we'd have won a playoff game already. I don't think you will see the major coaching changes most think there will be. You will see significant change in the FO and the addition of an assistant HC. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Richiswhere said:

Hell I would put Hue below Chris Palmer who won more with no talent at all 

Isn't it amazing that an expansion team of draft picks and plan B special teamers was better than what the Harvard Think Tank could produce?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Born in Toledo I believe. 

But, I also understand that if he in fact makes himself available, the Colts may be hot after him as well.  (he played for them)

Us Toledo peeps aren't hard to find..Jim(Dec.) & Gumby(Apr.). Were both born at Mercy/St Lukes Hospital in Toledo ,Oh. in 1963.. My father coached with Jim & John's father Jack at Perrysburg HS..Watch John Fox at Bears where Jim also played..The DC with Bears is John Fangio..That was Jim's DC when he was at 49'ers.. it could get interesting..but Jim :wub: Michigan..But, If ya make it rain?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

If we'd have stuck with Chud / Turner I think we'd have won a playoff game already. I don't think you will see the major coaching changes most think there will be. You will see significant change in the FO and the addition of an assistant HC. 

Well...I think that something needs to change, either in the front office or on the sidelines.  I'm in favor of replacing the HC myself.  But either way...1-24 requires change somewhere.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Us Toledo peeps aren't hard to find..Jim(Dec.) & Gumby(Apr.). Were both born at Mercy/St Lukes Hospital in Toledo ,Oh. in 1963.. My father coached with Jim & John's father Jack at Perrysburg HS..Watch John Fox at Bears where Jim also played..The DC with Bears is John Fangio..That was Jim's DC when he was at 49'ers.. it could get interesting..but Jim :wub: Michigan..But, If ya make it rain?

I went to college at Toledo

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mark O said:

Hue Jackson....top hot coordinator in 2016 right??   

 

One guy. Who also was not at the top of our list of people they thought would come here. He was the 2nd to last hire. "No one" thought we'd get hue, certainly no one on this board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Clevfan4life said:

One guy. Who also was not at the top of our list of people they thought would come here. He was the 2nd to last hire. "No one" thought we'd get hue, certainly no one on this board.

Wait 2nd to last?  you said earlier he was the last hire?   Nice how you conveniently forgot that bit of "knowledge" you just pulled out of your ass without doing any research.  Kinda funny how you keep telling all of us to do some research before we post but you've been full of shit all day today. 

How do you know he wasn't at the top of our list?  Were you in the room?  Are you Sushi?   He was at or near the top of everyone's list that offseason.   And yes...no one thought we would because we seemed to fire Pettine and the rest of the coaches too soon without giving them a chance and the "experts" seemed to think that would scare off the hot candidates.  But it turned out that it didn't scare off the hot candidate in 2016 did it?  Hue was one of the top candidates for a HC job that off season and was ranked by more than one "expert" as the best hire of the offseason.   So you can't say that "no one" will want this job if we fire an incompetent HC who has won 1 game out of 25.  You don't know that since you can't predict the future.  You don't know what will happen with the other coaches and just because the other coaches might leave as well, it doesn't mean that we are completely changing all the schemes as well.  The defense that is near the bottom in points allowed could probably use a scheme adjustment or two I'd say.   The fact is the HC is not good at his job and hasn't been good at his job for quite some time and that shouldn't be rewarded with getting to keep that job for another season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jcam222 said:

Competitive guys with huge egos want to show they are IT. Imagine if you are THE coach who turns it around for the Browns. You are a legend who can write your own ticket. Add in a text n of young talent and draft picks, why wouldn't you is a better question. 

In golly Gee he will then have the opportunity to coach peppers once againIn golly Gee he will then have the opportunity to coach peppers once again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, The Gipper said:

It is not beyond the realm of possibility that Jim Harbaugh could be the next HC of the Cleveland Browns:

http://www.diehardsport.com/college-football/jim-harbaugh-nfl-rumors-swirling/

They'll have to pay him Belichick money Gip. College coaches get paid way better than NFL coaches. No one knows what Bill actually makes, but Sean Payton was getting $8 million. Nick Saban makes $11.5 at Alabama. Plus top college guys have damn near lifetime job security. 

6 hours ago, PoeticG said:

Gruden, Harbaugh or Tressel would all be welcomed over Hue. 

I'm so over Hue Jackson and the way he coaches. Mangini was 10x better than Jackson.

 

Gruden isn't coming. Tressel isn't coming. I doubt Harbaugh is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hoorta said:

Gruden isn't coming. Tressel isn't coming. I doubt Harbaugh is. 

We need some real pro help here. Who you gonna call?:P

Ghostbusters Score.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mark O said:

Exactly.  the 1999 Browns won 2 games.  This team and regime might not win 2 games in 2 seasons.

And that is just so freaking sad that words just won't do!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×