THE BROWNS BOARD

Jamie Collins

darren15

Does this require surgery or no?

Edit:  I just saw a report that stated the injury does NOT require surgery, which is obviously a big plus.  MCL's are still painful and a pain to rehab, but it's not going to be nearly the albatross of an ACL reconstruction.  He'll be 100% with no surgery in about 4-5 months I'd guess.  That means he'll be ready for just about everything next year, and that's at least SOME good news.  

via rotoworld

- Browns OLB Jamie Collins is out for the season with a torn MCL.

Collins tore the knee ligament on an interception return in Week 10. Mostly a disappointment in the first two months of the season, Collins was having his best game of the year in Sunday's loss to Detroit. 28-year-old Collins is under contract with Cleveland through 2020.

On the play he made the interception too.... 

6 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Who steps up?  Burgess?  Orchard.   Or would they add someone to the active roster?

Or does this just give the Browns a chance to activate Corey Coleman without having to dump another WR? 

Not good news here Gip..Collins is a 6-7 tackling machine. It will again be Burgess. We lost Collins(concussion) half way thru week 2(Ravens) till Collins return in week 6 (Texans). Burgess was not bad, just no leader at LOS like Collins..Week 2 Collins had 7 Tackles b4 concussed. Burgess also had 2T with 1 sack to finish Ravens game giving up 24 points.Next up was Colts & Bengals. giving up 31 both games, with Burgess combining for 4T & 4 assist 1 Forced Fumble.Jets=5T-1A-1 Sack..Texans, we're kinda lucky with Collins coming back, cuz Burgess went down with a knee(no ya can't make it up)..1 of Deon King or Josh Keyes both LB'ers maybe brought up from PS? BJ Bello's is no help..last resort, is Dom. Alexander ready to come off IR? We need 1 LB behind Burgess imo..

9 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

Does this require surgery or no?

Edit:  I just saw a report that stated the injury does NOT require surgery, which is obviously a big plus.  MCL's are still painful and a pain to rehab, but it's not going to be nearly the albatross of an ACL reconstruction.  He'll be 100% with no surgery in about 4-5 months I'd guess.  That means he'll be ready for just about everything next year, and that's at least SOME good news.  

Depends if it was a partial (read sprain) or complete tear. Out for season means surgical repair.  

7 hours ago, hoorta said:

Depends if it was a partial (read sprain) or complete tear. Out for season means surgical repair.  

Yeah, that's kind of what I was thinking, but I also know that a significant sprain or even a partial tear wouldn't require surgery, but would still take 2-4 months of recovery time (from my what my doctor friend said).  He basically said it all depends on how big the tear is, where the tear is, and if the knee has some other complicating factors.  I guess the sprains are rated in "degrees" or something?  I dunno, but even if it takes 2 months to heal and rehab, that's still the end of the year.  Heck, even if it takes 4-6 weeks, you probably wouldn't risk bringing him back anyways.  

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

So...any move made yet to replace him on the roster?

As I said, I think they may put him on IR and then activate Corey Coleman.....but then what does that do to our LB corps? 

Yup, Coleman. Someone else goes when Gordon gets activated in a few weeks. LOL, one of our not stellar wrs?

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Yup, Coleman. Someone else goes when Gordon gets activated in a few weeks. LOL, one of our not stellar wrs?

Well....as far as I am concerned one of them got lucky.....as two of them may have been gonzo.  So now it will only be one.

Question:  WTF ever happened to like Kasen Williams?  Totally unused.  He would be the likely candidate for release.

Wondering if we will finally see Peppers in a hybrid role. Not as if we'd be giving up much size vs. our rostered alternatives.

50 Bello, B.J. LB 6-2 229 23 R Illinois State
52 Burgess Jr., James LB 6-0 230 23 1 Louisville
49 Keyes, Josh LB 6-2 227 24 2 Boston College
58 Kirksey, Christian LB 6-2 235 25 4 Iowa
53 Schobert, Joe LB 6-1 245 24 2 Wisconsin

PS boys are:

# Name Pos. Ht. Wt. Age Exp. College
57 Calitro, Austin LB 6-0 240 23 R Villanova
56 King, Deon      LB     6-2 220 24    2       Norfolk State

Only LB names I see that we've released and not already brought back are: Ladell Fleming, Ken Olugbode (who flashed some in preseason) and Garett Sickels, who was recently on our PS for a couple weeks.

FA pickens seem kinda slim...

Archived