darren15

OC help

If Hue stays and is informed he has to get a coordinator who would you like...the guy in Minnesota is doing good things :)

I don't want Hue to stay and get help but I'd like some young OC from a good team to be our next head coach.   I don't know who that is...but I'm sure theres one somewhere in the NFL.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Mark O said:

I don't want Hue to stay and get help but I'd like some young OC from a good team to be our next head coach.   I don't know who that is...but I'm sure theres one somewhere in the NFL.

This FO would hire a great ping pong player in the hopes that his play style can be adapted to football.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Mark O said:

They were flocking hard to the browns last time we did this werent they? I mean they sat in on their obligatory interviews and then uber'd out hard for hopkins didnt they? Boy i just bet these young up and coming oc's cant wait to land in cleveland. 

Ffs even shanahan just won his first game with SF and he basically sht all over clev in his post interviews. It isnt happening. Clev will get d3 weightlifting coaches, and like it

Just now, Clevfan4life said:

They were flocking hard to the browns last time we did this werent they? I mean they sat in on their obligatory interviews and then uber'd out hard for hopkins didnt they? Boy i just bet these young up and coming oc's cant wait to land in cleveland. 

Ffs even shanahan just won his first game with SF and he basically sht all over clev in his post interviews. It isnt happening. Clev will get d3 weightlifting coaches, and like it

since you're so good at telling us all the future and you KNOW what is going to happen.....how about sharing the lotto numbers?

And last time...the FO locked in on Hue and hired him.   Seemed like a good idea at the time.    25 games later...not so much.   But lets stick with him.   He'll get better.  I mean he's won 2 out of his last 30 as a head coach...no reason to think that isn't a trend.

1 hour ago, darren15 said:

If Hue stays and is informed he has to get a coordinator who would you like...the guy in Minnesota is doing good things :)

Isn't that Pat Shurmur.  Smart A$$

24 minutes ago, Mark O said:

And last time...the FO locked in on Hue and hired him.  

Do u even rem how many coaches the browns were linked to before hue agreed like a week befire tc was supposed to begin?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Bolt/Cleveland-Browns-Head-Coach-Hot-Board-42708341/Amp

38 minutes ago, Mark O said:

since you're so good at telling us all the future and you KNOW what is going to happen.....how about sharing the lotto numbers?

And last time...the FO locked in on Hue and hired him.   Seemed like a good idea at the time.    25 games later...not so much.   But lets stick with him.   He'll get better.  I mean he's won 2 out of his last 30 as a head coach...no reason to think that isn't a trend.

If he goes 1-95, THEN we'll evaluate, but let Hue grow with the team.

20 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

That's childish, you're just waiting immediate results which haven't led us anywhere in past years... 1-120 is the way to go. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

Do u even rem how many coaches the browns were linked to before hue agreed like a week befire tc was supposed to begin?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Bolt/Cleveland-Browns-Head-Coach-Hot-Board-42708341/Amp

Hue agreed a week before training camp?  Maybe learn some football history before talking out of your ass.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2016/01/13/hue-jackson-cleveland-browns-head-coach-nfl-rumors

Check the date.  January 13, 2016.   I don't think training camp opens in January when the playoffs are still going on.  But maybe I'm wrong about when training camp is....you know so much more about football than the rest of us. 

Just now, Clevfan4life said:

yeah I was being completely serious that a team hired it's coach in june.

don't hurt yourself backpeddling. 

5 hours ago, stillmotion said:

The only thing hue could grow is a Chia pet on his head...

chiatweety.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Kubiac OC - just go get him and the game day nightmare stops without blowing up the whole organization.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Kubiac OC - just go get him and the game day nightmare stops without blowing up the whole organization.

I would like to see Kubiak here but I doubt he would come as long as Corky and the window lickers are in charge of stocking the offense. They appear to have no idea how to identify even an average WR.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

Well that would be an upgrade over the D3 waterboy we have right now

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

This FO would hire a great ping pong player in the hopes that his play style can be adapted to football.

Nah, scout the rugby ranks, it's sorta like football.... If that fails, lacrosse- Jim Brown was great at in his day- he'll know talent when he sees it.  :lol:

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Sure, why not?

• Haha 1

On 11/13/2017 at 3:27 PM, Mark O said:

What about the Colts OC, Rob Chudzinski? He looks like a real up-and-comer.

• Haha 1

It all depends on the reasons. Hue Jackson is an accomplished offense of coordinator who just might be overburdened with responsibilities serving a dual role including head coach. If he gets an OC who agrees with him philosophically and just takes some of the pressure off so he can concentrate on other things, why not?

WSS

• Upvote 2

I think that Hue would do fine if he stayed as head coach and got an OC. I've said it in another thread, but a head coach's principal job is to keep the locker room together and the players like him. So I don't think I can say he has completely failed as head coach. I'd rather say that he has failed as OC. 

So if he gets an OC which delivers him of some of his duties, and changes the playcalling and improves the gameplan, well, I think that would be a huge step. 

• Upvote 1

I don't know who can be a candidate, but I did some research in Hue Jackson's coaching tree, maybe there's an answer.

He has had 5 offensive coordinators while he was an assistant coach or head coach during his career: 

- Jimmy Raye II: he's last job in the NFL was as offensive senior assistant in 2013, so I don't think he's an option. Also, he only worked 1 year with Hue in the 2001 Redskins.

- Bob Bratkowksi: He worked in the Bengals and even won a division title in 2005. He's unemployed and his last job was last year as Titans' wide receiver coach. He's 61. 

- Al Saunders: He was his OC when Hue was HC in Oakland, so he might be an option. He's currently senior offensive asistant in the Browns.  He's 70. 

- Jay Gruden: Well, I don't think we can get the current Redskins HC as OC for the Browns, lol. 

- Cam Cameron: He is, for me, the most attractive option. He worked as Baltimore Ravens OC from 2008 to 2012, but ended up being dismissed before the 2012 playoffs (that year the Ravens won the Superbowl). That team was defense heavy, and the offense was ranked 19th, but he's been in the division and has helped in a good team. Prior to 2012, in 2010 and 2011 the Ravens went 12-4. His quaterback was Flacco, who also has a strong arm as Kizer but is not a top tier QB. He's not working as a coach currently and his last job was as LSU's OC/QB coach from 2013 to 2016. He's 56. 

I'm not saying here that I like these choices, or that they're my favorite ones, but they might be suitable if they've already worked with Hue, who possibly would be willing (if he is, which I don't think so) to give OC responsabilities to someone he has already worked with. 

I'm all in for Al Saunders.  He's already with the team, he knows the type of offense Hue wants to run, and he's obviously experienced with things like the clock.  Don't let his age fool you.  That guy runs the field more than the players, and basically every player that's been asked about him says he's not human.  He's our guy.

18 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

I'm all in for Al Saunders.  He's already with the team, he knows the type of offense Hue wants to run, and he's obviously experienced with things like the clock.  Don't let his age fool you.  That guy runs the field more than the players, and basically every player that's been asked about him says he's not human.  He's our guy.

I didn't know about him since I'm not completely familiar with the entire staff. I added ages because at certain point in life you don't always want to be in the spotlight taking major responsabilities and prefer minor roles.

18 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

Since he has been with the team, exactly how has he affected positively Huey Lewis & The Gameday Experience? Not one iota. 

Pass.

• Like 1