THE BROWNS BOARD

Do we get more sunshine pumping this week....

Tacosman

10 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

in some categories yes our defense is better than the rams. They also benefit from an offense that can control the ball etc, etc. There's many variables. I'm very sure they have positions where they're more talented and we have positions where we're more talented. I'm not going to outright say we have a better defense than theirs because I haven't watched them play. But I do know they have one of the best offense's in football. #3 overall. 5th in rushing and 6th in passing I believe. In any case, top 3 offense. That's why they're 7-2. And good for them. Come playoff time, that defense will have to likely step it up and if they do that could be an NFC championship team. Nobody's beating the Patriots tho so it doesn't matter. But please, could you please look sht up before you type stuff out? Would it have killed you to say "you know maybe I should look where the Rams offense is before I make baseless random statements."

Why look shit up...i can look at the standings and they are a better team.  The offense is better, the defense is better, special teams are better and the coaching staff is better.   They are 7-2 and we are 0-9.  Who's better?   

As its already been pointed out to you....they are near the top in POINTS ALLOWED, and I think that's a bit better than whatever stats you were using to say the Browns defense was 6th and 9th or whatever the hell stats you had.  

You can look at whatever lame ass stats you want to convince yourself that the Browns are better than they really are....but they're 0-9 and the HC needs to go.  If that means we lose the rest of these 0-9 coaches...so be it.

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I've told my wife every time we get back from Europe 5-10 lbs lighter that my new weight loss program is just to move there because you walk constantly and there are very few fast food joints just sitting on the corner.

Well, I guess it depends where you're going on a travel. I mean, in Basque Country and Navarre (Spain), you go to a restaurant and eat A LOT. About walking, I guess in USA it's not that normal, but it has to do with urban design. Cities there are completely designed following a big grid plan with huge distances that make it more necessary to get the car to go anywhere. Here cities have many historic layers (roman, gothic medieval, baroque, XIX-XX century grid-like expansion districts...) and are built in more defensive positions, so the terrain is not flat almost anywhere.

1 hour ago, Nero said:

Well, I guess it depends where you're going on a travel. I mean, in Basque Country and Navarre (Spain), you go to a restaurant and eat A LOT. About walking, I guess in USA it's not that normal, but it has to do with urban design. Cities there are completely designed following a big grid plan with huge distances that make it more necessary to get the car to go anywhere. Here cities have many historic layers (roman, gothic medieval, baroque, XIX-XX century grid-like expansion districts...) and are built in more defensive positions, so the terrain is not flat almost anywhere.

Yes, I like the little "city states" we found in both Spain and Italy with the walls still around the inner city in many of them. A lot of history to walk through. The city wall around Ciudad Rodrigo is intact and can be walked around on the top with great views even down to an old Roman built bridge across the river below.

Image result for ciudad rodrigo roman bridge

14 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Yes, I like the little "city states" we found in both Spain and Italy with the walls still around the inner city in many of them. A lot of history to walk through. The city wall around Ciudad Rodrigo is intact and can be walked around on the top with great views even down to an old Roman built bridge across the river below.

The more accurate concept is 'fortified cities', I would say.

If you like that, then you can have a look at my city. We got one of the best conserved citadels in Europe and still mantain the northern wall that protected the old city. If I had a better internet where I am at the moment I would post pics, heh.

On 11/13/2017 at 6:01 AM, TexasAg1969 said:

I've told my wife every time we get back from Europe 5-10 lbs lighter that my new weight loss program is just to move there because you walk constantly and there are very few fast food joints just sitting on the corner.

It's slow food and no better for you than McD's... but you walk to the restaurant.

On 11/13/2017 at 9:42 AM, Nero said:

About walking, I guess in USA it's not that normal, but it has to do with urban design.

Including some streets so narrow cars cannot do down them... ;)

Archived