THE BROWNS BOARD

Do we get more sunshine pumping this week....

Tacosman

Yeah...our defense is ranked higher than the Rams....so the Browns defense is better than the Rams defense.   Only in the bizarro world of the sunshine and rainbows of 0-9, 1-24, and a HC who is 2-30 in his last 32 games.   These guys are fucking awesome.

Never thought the I would look back fondly on the 5-11 Browns teams who would week in and week out find a way to lose.

Pettine was 10-22 with the Manziel Circus forced upon him and people couldn't wait to burn him.  We are on the cusp of 1-31 and everyone wants to "let things play out".  Funny how the franchise ebs and flows.

Just now, Mark O said:

Yeah...our defense is ranked higher than the Rams....so the Browns defense is better than the Rams defense.   Only in the bizarro world of the sunshine and rainbows of 0-9, 1-24, and a HC who is 2-30 in his last 32 games.   These guys are Shmucking awesome.

the thing is these tools think they are using 'stats' but they dont even know what stats to use....if this were baseball they would be the group crowing about RBIs and such.

A deeper look at the statistics accounting for game situations and such show that the browns are pretty bad.  Not the worst in the league, but a pretty darn bad defense.  Which matches up with what my eyes tell me....

1 minute ago, BaconHound said:

Never thought the I would look back fondly on the 5-11 Browns teams who would week in and week out find a way to lose.

You mean, “the good ole’ days”?

Yeah...I get nostalgic too.

Just now, Tacosman said:

the thing is these tools think they are using 'stats' but they dont even know what stats to use....if this were baseball they would be the group crowing about RBIs and such.

A deeper look at the statistics accounting for game situations and such show that the browns are pretty bad.  Not the worst in the league, but a pretty darn bad defense.  Which matches up with what my eyes tell me....

Using analytics is one thing. Everybody uses stats as part of the judging process. Problem is that we are using analytics to the point that it becomes numerology. And That only gives you losing lottery numbers and tomorrow's horoscope. 

1 hour ago, D Bone said:

This my friends was what a REAL Process looked like:

Real Process.PNG

Why do you people always want to ignore what preceded the bottom with which you choose to start? In this case 5 consecutive playoff teams... including 2 SB contenders.

Look there and tell me if you see anything similar to that which the current regime started?

7 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Why do you people always want to ignore what preceded the bottom with which you choose to start? In this case 5 consecutive playoff teams... including 2 SB contenders.

Look there and tell me if you see anything similar to that which the current regime started?

Well, I guess us people (me) see the 3-13 season that preceded that reboot *rebuild? (don't know what's politically correct 'round here these days) and can recall just how bad that roster was before the next FO and Coach took over...... Hell, how long do we need to go back and look at the records prior to a reboot for it to count? 1 year? (apparently not) 2, 3, 5, 10, 17< see what I did there? 

To me and my average brain, any laymen should be able to see signs of progress within any sucessful rebuild of any kind...... Hell, if I was your personal trainer hired by you to get you into shape and your goal was to lose 30lbs of fat and gain 5lbs of muscle, I would assume that you would expect to see results 4 months into my Process... No? 

Would you still be happy stepping on the scale and seeing it say that you GAINED 3lbs, while bench pressing less than you could before you even met me, but yet I continued to tell you how much healthier you are on the inside and you'll have a big breakthrough in the next month or two if you just stay the course?

Speaking for only myself, I see that the Browns have gained weight, and an awful lot of it, since The Process began. 

46 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

I have a feeling there were next to no players from the '85-89 run on that 1994 team Tour.

The 1989 team was on fumes, they kind of backed into the playoffs after a good start to the season. Belichick pretty much rebuilt the Browns, that was part of the reason he was so disliked, he held no loyalty to players from the late 80s teams.

27 minutes ago, D Bone said:

Well, I guess us people (me) see the 3-13 season that preceded that reboot *rebuild? (don't know what's politically correct 'round here these days) and can recall just how bad that roster was before the next FO and Coach took over...... Hell, how long do we need to go back and look at the records prior to a reboot for it to count? 1 year? (apparently not) 2, 3, 5, 10, 17< see what I did there? 

To me and my average brain, any laymen should be able to see signs of progress within any sucessful rebuild of any kind...... Hell, if I was your personal trainer hired by you to get you into shape and your goal was to lose 30lbs of fat and gain 5lbs of muscle, I would assume that you would expect to see results 4 months into my Process... No? 

Would you still be happy stepping on the scale and seeing it say that you GAINED 3lbs, while bench pressing less than you could before you even met me, but yet I continued to tell you how much healthier you are on the inside and you'll have a big breakthrough in the next month or two if you just stay the course?

Speaking for only myself, I see that the Browns have gained weight, and an awful lot of it, since The Process began.

Getting a lil personal talking about my weight... aren't you? Putting the "personal" in PT? ;)

Specific point is there was a core in those late 80's teams upon which to build... a franchise QB for starters. Bud Carson was simply not the HC to build it. And, in the end, neither was Arcosi the GM to do so. And remember.... Bernie "Diminished Skills" Kosar was the keystone in the tear down's third year.

General point was my continuing battle against this "quick turn" myth that will not die.

As for the Process... it really began this past off-season. We are nowhere near your 4-month, PT parallel... more like Week 2... we're stiff and sore and irritable as hell and wondering WTF we are paying someone to do this to us.

BTW I lost 5 pounds trooping around London and France for two weeks... but my weight redistribution was much more impressive. Guess that's what averaging over 7 miles a day while eating french cooking (and baking) will do to even an old fart like me.

10 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Getting a lil personal talking about my weight... aren't you? Putting the "personal" in PT? ;)

Specific point is there was a core in those late 80's teams upon which to build... a franchise QB for starters. Bud Carson was simply not the HC to build it. And, in the end, neither was Arcosi the GM to do so. And remember.... Bernie "Diminished Skills" Kosar was the keystone in the tear down's third year.

General point was my continuing battle against this "quick turn" myth that will not die.

As for the Process... it really began this past off-season. We are nowhere near your 4-month, PT parallel... more like Week 2... we're stiff and sore and irritable as hell and wondering WTF we are paying someone to do this to us.

BTW I lost 5 pounds trooping around London and France for two weeks... but my weight redistribution was much more impressive. Guess that's what averaging over 7 miles a day while eating french cooking (and baking) will do to even an old fart like me.

Fair enough with your opinion of where we are in The Process....... (even if it's wrong) :lol:

Awesome news regarding your weight as that is not easy to do when on vacation - very impressive! Now, can you sustain that, as that's what The Process is all about right, sustainability? 

........... and on a super positive note, Brittany Force won the NHRA Top Fuel title today! 

40 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I have a feeling there were next to no players from the '85-89 run on that 1994 team Tour.

The 1989 team was on fumes, they kind of backed into the playoffs after a good start to the season. Belichick pretty much rebuilt the Browns, that was part of the reason he was so disliked, he held no loyalty to players from the late 80s teams.

Likely and agree...

'89 was the year we realized Marty's playoff issues might not have been so bad after all (and '90 confirmed it), but '94 is not the fair comparison as it was near the end of Bill's process. Let's look at his beginning.

Offensive Starters          
QB Bernie Kosar 27 5 13 230 for 423, 2,562 yards, 10 td, 15 int, & 10 rushes for 13 yards and 0 td Cleveland Browns / 1st / 1st pick / 1985 Supp
RB Eric Metcalf 22 1 10 80 rushes for 248 yards, 1 td, & 57 catches for 452 yards and 1 td Cleveland Browns / 1st / 13th pick / 1989
FB Kevin Mack 28 5 14 158 rushes for 702 yards, 5 td, & 42 catches for 360 yards and 2 td Cleveland Browns / 1st / 11th pick / 1984 Supp
WR Reggie Langhorne 27 5 11 45 catches for 585 yards, 2 td Cleveland Browns / 7th / 175th pick / 1985
WR Webster Slaughter 26 4 16 59 catches for 847 yards, 4 td, & 5 rushes for 29 yards and 0 td Cleveland Browns / 2nd / 43rd pick / 1986
TE Ozzie Newsome 34 12 15 23 catches for 240 yards, 2 td Cleveland Browns / 1st / 23rd pick / 1978
LT Paul Farren 30 7 16 1 fumble recovered Cleveland Browns / 12th / 316th pick / 1983
LG Ralph Tamm 24 Rook 12   New York Jets / 9th / 230th pick / 1988
C Mike Baab 31 8 16   Cleveland Browns / 5th / 115th pick / 1982
RG Gregg Rakoczy 25 3 12   Cleveland Browns / 2nd / 32nd pick / 1987
RT Tony Jones 24 2 16    
  Defensive Starters          
LDE Al Baker 34 12 9 3.0 sacks, 0 interceptions, 0 fumbles recovered Detroit Lions / 2nd / 40th pick / 1978
LDT Chris Pike 26 1 11 0.0 sacks, 0 interceptions, 1 fumble recovered Philadelphia Eagles / 6th / 158th pick / 1987
RDT Michael Dean Perry*+ 25 2 16 11.5 sacks, 0 interceptions, 1 fumble recovered Cleveland Browns / 2nd / 50th pick / 1988
RDE Robert Banks 27 2 9   Houston Oilers / 7th / 176th pick / 1987
LLB Clay Matthews 34 12 16 3.5 sacks, 0 interceptions, 0 fumbles recovered Cleveland Browns / 1st / 12th pick / 1978
MLB Mike Johnson* 28 4 15 2.0 sacks, 1 interception, 0 fumbles recovered Cleveland Browns / 1st / 18th pick / 1984 Supp
RLB David Grayson 26 3 8 1.0 sacks, 1 interception, 1 fumble recovered San Francisco 49ers / 8th / 217th pick / 1987
LCB Frank Minnifield 30 6 8 0.0 sacks, 2 interceptions, 0 fumbles recovered  
RCB Raymond Clayborn 35 13 16   New England Patriots / 1st / 16th pick / 1977
SS Felix Wright 31 5 16 0.0 sacks, 3 interceptions, 1 fumble recovered  
FS Thane Gash 25 2 16 0.0 sacks, 1 interception, 2 fumbles recovered Cleveland Browns / 7th / 188th pick / 1988

Offensive Starters          
QB Bernie Kosar 28 6 16 307 for 494, 3,487 yards, 18 td, 9 int, & 26 rushes for 74 yards and 0 td Cleveland Browns / 1st / 1st pick / 1985 Supp
RB Leroy Hoard 23 1 9 37 rushes for 154 yards, 2 td, & 48 catches for 567 yards and 9 td Cleveland Browns / 2nd / 45th pick / 1990
FB Kevin Mack 29 6 11 197 rushes for 726 yards, 8 td, & 40 catches for 255 yards and 2 td Cleveland Browns / 1st / 11th pick / 1984 Supp
WR Reggie Langhorne 28 6 9 39 catches for 505 yards, 2 td Cleveland Browns / 7th / 175th pick / 1985
WR Webster Slaughter 27 5 16 64 catches for 906 yards, 3 td Cleveland Browns / 2nd / 43rd pick / 1986
TE Scott Galbraith 24 1 13 27 catches for 328 yards, 0 td Cleveland Browns / 7th / 178th pick / 1990
LT Tony Jones 25 3 16 1 fumble recovered  
LG John Rienstra 28 5 16 1 fumble recovered Pittsburgh Steelers / 1st / 9th pick / 1986
C Mike Baab 32 9 16 1 fumble recovered Cleveland Browns / 5th / 115th pick / 1982
RG Ed King 22 Rook 15 1 fumble recovered Cleveland Browns / 2nd / 29th pick / 1991
RT Dan Fike 30 6 16   New York Jets / 10th / 274th pick / 1983
  Defensive Starters          
LDE Rob Burnett 24 1 8 3.0 sacks, 0 interceptions, 1 fumble recovered Cleveland Browns / 5th / 129th pick / 1990
LDT James Jones 22 Rook 16 1.0 sacks, 1 interception, 3 fumbles recovered Cleveland Browns / 3rd / 57th pick / 1991
RDT Michael Dean Perry* 26 3 15 8.5 sacks, 0 interceptions, 0 fumbles recovered Cleveland Browns / 2nd / 50th pick / 1988
RDE Anthony Pleasant 23 1 7 2.5 sacks, 0 interceptions, 1 fumble recovered Cleveland Browns / 3rd / 73rd pick / 1990
LLB Van Waiters 26 3 9 1.5 sacks, 0 interceptions, 0 fumbles recovered Cleveland Browns / 3rd / 77th pick / 1988
MLB Richard Brown 26 4 12 0.5 sacks, 1 interception, 1 fumble recovered  
RLB Clay Matthews 35 13 15 6.5 sacks, 1 interception, 0 fumbles recovered Cleveland Browns / 1st / 12th pick / 1978
LCB Frank Minnifield 31 7 11    
RCB Randy Hilliard 24 1 10 2.0 sacks, 1 interception, 1 fumble recovered Cleveland Browns / 6th / 157th pick / 1990
SS Harlon Barnett 24 1 10 1.0 sacks, 0 interceptions, 0 fumbles recovered Cleveland Browns / 4th / 101st pick / 1990
FS Vince Newsome 30 8 15 0.0 sacks, 1 interception, 4 fumbles recovered Los Angeles Rams / 4th / 97th pick / 1983

11 minutes ago, D Bone said:

Fair enough with your opinion of where we are in The Process....... (even if it's wrong) :lol:

Awesome news regarding your weight as that is not easy to do when on vacation - very impressive! Now, can you sustain that, as that's what The Process is all about right, sustainability?

And wrong it nay yet turn out to be... but it needs a real chance.

As for the weight... issue will be there I had a reason to walk... it's part of the general life style and moreso when you visit to see stuff. Here? If I walk, more than the weekly shopping trip, then it's to walk... a/k/a boring as hell.

1 minute ago, Tour2ma said:

As for the weight... issue will be there I had a reason to walk... it's part of the general life style and moreso when you visit to see stuff. Here? If I walk, more than the weekly shopping trip, then it's to walk... a/k/a boring as hell.

^ and that sir is the secret that most people can't find...... If you can find something that you love and is truly fun to do, then it's never exercise - much like that phrase that I unfortunately never found: "If you do something you love, you'll never work a day in your life"..... That's way easier said than done I know. 

For me, I'm lucky enough to absolutely love Mountain Biking and it just so happens to be probably one of the most demanding forms of exercise that I have ever done in my life. Hopefully I'll be able to do it well past my 50th on Saturday...... < Still can't believe I just typed that, as I'm still 25 in my mind.  

Just now, LogicIsForSquares said:

That is why prison rape has been changed to the slang term “the process”. 

“I just Browns’d up and went to the showers when Jerome was in there. Nearly got out through ‘The Process’ “.

Holy Hell dude!! I literally snorted on that one. 

3 hours ago, Mark O said:

Yeah...our defense is ranked higher than the Rams....so the Browns defense is better than the Rams defense.  

in some categories yes our defense is better than the rams. They also benefit from an offense that can control the ball etc, etc. There's many variables. I'm very sure they have positions where they're more talented and we have positions where we're more talented. I'm not going to outright say we have a better defense than theirs because I haven't watched them play. But I do know they have one of the best offense's in football. #3 overall. 5th in rushing and 6th in passing I believe. In any case, top 3 offense. That's why they're 7-2. And good for them. Come playoff time, that defense will have to likely step it up and if they do that could be an NFC championship team. Nobody's beating the Patriots tho so it doesn't matter. But please, could you please look sht up before you type stuff out? Would it have killed you to say "you know maybe I should look where the Rams offense is before I make baseless random statements."

3 minutes ago, D Bone said:

^ and that sir is the secret that most people can't find...... If you can find something that you love and is truly fun to do, then it's never exercise - much like that phrase that I unfortunately never found: "If you do something you love, you'll never work a day in your life"..... That's way easier said than done I know. 

For me, I'm lucky enough to absolutely love Mountain Biking and it just so happens to be probably one of the most demanding forms of exercise that I have ever done in my life. Hopefully I'll be able to do it well past my 50th on Saturday...... < Still can't believe I just typed that, as I'm still 25 in my mind.  

I started Brazilian jiu jitsu when I was too young to appreciate it. I started back up in my 30s and have stuck with it. You are correct. Finding that physical activity that you actually enjoy is super important. I don’t mind lifting weights but I wouldn’t call it fun. And running has never given me a ‘high’. 

5 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

I started Brazilian jiu jitsu when I was too young to appreciate it. I started back up in my 30s and have stuck with it. You are correct. Finding that physical activity that you actually enjoy is super important. I don’t mind lifting weights but I wouldn’t call it fun. And running has never given me a ‘high’. 

Nice! I also lift (Bro) a couple times a week, and have most of my life, but just like you I don't think it's fun.... it's freakin' exercise. As for running? Only if I had the ball, was chasing someone with the ball, running from a predator or was on fire and panicking. 

3 hours ago, D Bone said:

This my friends was what a REAL Process looked like:

Real Process.PNG

Interesting that you brought this period of time up.

How many QBs were drafted with first round pick and started the first game during that rebuild process?

How many head coaches were fired within two years or less of hiring?  Defensive Coords?  Offensive Coords?

How many GMs and every other FO person were flushed?

Was it a rebuild through draft only?

Did they go from 3-13 to 16-0 and win a championship in a single season?

Why wasn't the team sold, everyone fired during or after the 1992 season, all the players traded, a QB drafted and started in the first game for 1993, then?

6 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

And wrong it nay yet turn out to be... but it needs a real chance.

I've told my wife every time we get back from Europe 5-10 lbs lighter that my new weight loss program is just to move there because you walk constantly and there are very few fast food joints just sitting on the corner.

Archived