THE BROWNS BOARD

Deshone Kizer

Ghoolie

43 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'm sure there is someone out there that was able to go from poor to good regarding accuracy, but I'll be damned if I can think of him.

Accuracy seems like something that should be able to be fixed for QBs though. Hell, Sandy Koufax couldn't hit the broad side of the barn as a youngster, eventually turned into one of the best pitchers ever. Why can't a QBs footwork and delivery be fixed too? (But I ask this realizing it doesn't seem to happen much, that I or you can think of)

It seems that a baseball pitcher can focus entirely on the target...strike zone. A football QB needs to do the same while trying to ignore the 300 lb wild men trying to kill him. I don't know if any amount of practice can cure that. Unless you use old marine corps tactics of throwing M-80s at recruits and firing live ammo over their heads. And that would not cut it at all in the age of PC.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, hoorta said:

If Hue needs to see more of Kizer "to know what he's got" then why try to get McCarron? Crickets chirping.

I don't think he does.   But he's still the best of the worst of the 3 options we have at this point.   The only hope for Kizer (and I don't think it will happen because he's basically the same guy he was in college) is to look at a guy like Goff who was a total joke last year for the Rams and is now suddenly looking like a really good QB.  What changed?  Just better coaching and a 2nd year in the league.   I don't think it will happen for Kizer, but it's the only hope I have if he's still around next season.

1 hour ago, Nero said:

I'm going to get kicked for mentioning soccer, but I'll take the risk.

In soccer, it is commonly accepted that accuracy, even when some people have more 'touch' or 'feel' like nickers said, it is an aspect everyone can get better at, but mainly in FREE KICKS. Being accurate shooting at the same time you're running is a completely different asset. I don't know if this would be applyable to quaterbacks: most of the times they make their passes from a vertical stance, so it could be applyable, but even when passing from the pocket there are multiple little movements and things going around.

Everyone has its limits, though, and someone who is ''naturally accurate'' will have the bar higher than others who are not.

And the difference between college and NFL, as most analysts say, is that the windows to make the passes are more narrow in the pros, so you must be even more accurate in the college.

EDIT: I have to correct one hundred times my posts, lol.

I'm no expert on Soccer,, But to me.. Soccer relies on accurate passing between player to player,, Coordination is a little looser per se between them.. But I think you get the main gist of what I'm saying...

1 minute ago, nickers said:

I'm no expert on Soccer,, But to me.. Soccer relies on accurate passing between player to player,, Coordination is a little looser per se between them.. But I think you get the main gist of what I'm saying...

Well, the coordination between the passer and the receiver doesn't need to be as accurate as the one in NFL, indeed. But I was refering to the main deal in soccer, kicking the ball into the goal, scoring.

3 hours ago, Mark O said:

Only the most negative of people around here would've focused on Kizers stats as opposed to the game winning TD drive that he could've led.   I was curious to see what Hue would've done on 4th and whatever if he hadn't fumbled since we didn't waste our timeouts in the 2nd half, I would've probably punted it and tried to pin them deep and hope Bortles will Bortles the Jags.  

But we have to wait for next week to see if Kizer can play a complete game.

I wanted it so badly. Wanted to see the crowd erupt, to see the players celebrating, to watch us make that ONE play that results in a late lead, and then watch Garrett swallow up Bortles as he attempts a feeble comeback. I visualized Kizer throwing it up to Coleman and him coming down with the ball in a tearful moment of injured redemption. I saw it all in my mind's eye....right before the other shoe fell. 

2 hours ago, Nero said:

I'm going to get kicked for mentioning soccer, but I'll take the risk.

In soccer, it is commonly accepted that accuracy, even when some people have more 'touch' or 'feel' like nickers said, it is an aspect everyone can get better at, but mainly in FREE KICKS. Being accurate shooting at the same time you're running is a completely different asset. I don't know if this would be applyable to quaterbacks: most of the times they make their passes from a vertical stance, so it could be applyable, but even when passing from the pocket there are multiple little movements and things going around.

Everyone has its limits, though, and someone who is ''naturally accurate'' will have the bar higher than others who are not.

And the difference between college and NFL, as most analysts say, is that the windows to make the passes are more narrow in the pros, so you must be even more accurate in the college.

EDIT: I have to correct one hundred times my posts, lol.

fb75997bd18456cc1a80b97e9a7e88d9c734522e

Archived