Ghoolie

Deshone Kizer

1 hour ago, PoeticG said:

Well, Njoku and DeValve like Hogan more than Kizer. I believe that the guys in the locker room also prefer Hogan over Kizer. But that's okay- you can continue to live in your fantasy land humping the guy that should be the backup Quarterback.

Those two should be more worried about their own play as opposed to who's playing QB.   There's only one person humping a mediocre QB here...and that's the guy you see when you look in the mirror.   Kizer played his best game of the season which was better than his previous best game of the season the week before against Minnesota.   Kizer is the only QB with the upside to be a starter in this league.  He's the guy the rest of the way unless he's injured and since we are likely to be drafting #1 overall next year, we will almost for sure take a QB and if we take a QB #1 overall..he's the guy week 1 next year and we might not have any of the 3 headed suck monsters at QB this year on the roster next year. 

6 hours ago, nickers said:

No he's NOT!.. Gordon is our best receiver , ding dong... Get the glass dikk out of your mouth!

Hahahaha. Well Coleman played this year... Gordon hasn't played in 2. I'm a big Gordon supporter but please stop making yourself look stupid. You like contradicting yourself? Gordon has been sooo available... 

24 minutes ago, Alkid3 said:

Hahahaha. Well Coleman played this year... Gordon hasn't played in 2. I'm a big Gordon supporter but please stop making yourself look stupid. You like contradicting yourself? Gordon has been sooo available... 

The difference is Gordon has honest to god talent.. Coleman is a wannabe who has hands of stone and porcelain for legs.. what part of that can't your pea sized brain understand?

2 minutes ago, nickers said:

The difference is Gordon has honest to god talent.. Coleman is a wannabe who has hands of stone and porcelain for legs.. what part of that can't your pea sized brain understand?

You need to get off Gordon's sack. He's played zero games. Coleman played 1 and played good. Don't be a fool.

2 minutes ago, Alkid3 said:

You need to get off Gordon's sack. He's played zero games. Coleman played 1 and played good. Don't be a fool.

You should get off Coleman's schwanse...... But you must like the taste...

9 hours ago, nickers said:

You should get off Coleman's schwanse...... But you must like the taste...

No. Coleman sucks too. Just like the rest of our practice squad stars. Our wr Corp is trash. 

I'm not ready to say Coleman sucks.  I think he's a guy who has suffered some really bad luck, and he's a guy who also made some poor decisions (being around that felony assault at the apartment complex, missing curfew, etc).  On the other hand, I'm not ready to paint him as a good receiver either.  I've always said that I don't see Coleman as a true "#1 WR", but I DO believe he's capable of being an extremely productive #2 IF....if...he has a legit #1 playing along side of him.  As it stands right now, we're going to see if I'm right because Josh Gordon IS a true #1 WR, and I don't give a crap HOW LONG he's been out.  Will he be rusty?  Of course.  Will it take him some time to get used to playing again?  I'm sure.  But keep this in mind:  Josh was high, drunk, or BOTH when he played for us basically every game of his career (according to him).  If he's truly sober now, that HAS to increase his ability level to SOME degree.  It will help his memory with the offense, his ability to recover health wise, and his overall stamina.  

I've heard some fans ask who would play slot WR for us when we get Josh and Corey back on the field, and the answer is going to shock you.  It's not going to be Corey, it's not going to be Higgins, or even Duke or Dreggs.  Don't be surprised if Josh Gordon plays a large percentage of snaps as our slot receiver when we go with 3 WR formations.  Sound crazy?  Yeah, crazy like a fox.  If you go back and look at when Norv Turner was our OC, Norv LOVED to use Josh Gordon as the slot WR and he did this because he could somewhat control the matchups.  He could get a safety or sometimes a linebacker on Josh, and that's obviously a mismatch 100 times out of 100.  Obviously Josh won't play the slot EVERY DOWN, but you will probably see it more than you might think.  

Regardless of how long Josh has been out, and that's well documented, he's STILL going to command the opposition's #1 CB, and that means Corey won't face as much pressure.  Corey is nowhere near as big as Josh, and if I had to guess, Corey doesn't do too well against larger, physical corners (I could be wrong, haven't see any numbers.  Just a guess).  Well, Corey won't be facing the big corners when Josh is in the lineup, and I'm excited to see what HE can do when Josh comes back.  Hue Jackson said Corey is "100% ready to go", and that's a good sign.  I'm somewhat concerned about soft-tissue injuries with him, as that's always been a problem, and he's coming back from a lengthy stint on the IR.  But if he CAN stay healthy, I really do believe we'll see some good results.  What we really need to figure out is how to get Corey the ball in open spaces.  We failed at this last year, and we really didn't do it in the first two games this season either.  I can't think of ANY YAC for Corey, and that's just not ok.  He excelled at YAC in college, and we have to devise ways to get him in space so he can use his speed and agility.  Again, if/when Josh is in the game, I think that might be easier to accomplish.  

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Mark O said:

Usually?    Indy? Cincy? Houston?   How did the defense keep the opposing offense down?   Yesterday they didn't either.  Thats 4 games out of 9.  Hardly usually but hey..dont let the actual score get in the way of your argument.

You've said repeatedly that it doesn't matter how good the defense is if we're not winning. That was your argument. Period. Whether you think the defense is actually good or not is immaterial to what your point was. So, likewise, it doesn't matter how well Kizer's playing if we're losing. #StartHogan

46 minutes ago, wargograw said:

You've said repeatedly that it doesn't matter how good the defense is if we're not winning. That was your argument. Period. Whether you think the defense is actually good or not is immaterial to what your point was. So, likewise, it doesn't matter how well Kizer's playing if we're losing. #StartHogan

Hogan is going to be inactive again this week.  So you start hogan clowns should want the coach fired who keeps the best QB not only on the bench but not even active.

I'm not the one saying start Hogan lol. You are, by the same logic you apply to the team as a whole. Kizer's winless, so by default the next guy should get a try.

8 minutes ago, wargograw said:

I'm not the one saying start Hogan lol. You are, by the same logic you apply to the team as a whole. Kizer's winless, so by default the next guy should get a try.

He had a try...he completed more passes it seemed to the other team and guys on the sidelines than he did to his own receivers.  No need to see that shit show again.

1 minute ago, Mark O said:

He had a try...he completed more passes it seemed to the other team and guys on the sidelines than he did to his own receivers.  No need to see that Sheet show again.

It seems that you see what you want to see. 

We've seen the Kizer Sheet show 8 times this year and you're begging for reruns? I can only imagine the grip you'd have on Kizer's nuts if he ever actually won a game!

Jesus, what the hell has happened to this board? You guys are using flame throwers and it is me being the voice of reason?

How about we put this in proper perspective? Corey Coleman has a place on this team. He isn't Julio Jones and he isn't Antonio Brown. However, he is a decent, #2 or #3, nifty type WR who, with a big star on the WR corp can do a lot of damage to opposing defenses. His repeated injuries are a concern, and hopefully it is behind him now.He isn't a trouble maker, he can make some plays and he seems to be a team player.

You can't compare him to Gordon. Not in games played, not in talent. They are simply two different talents. Which is better a Crescent wrench or a Socket wrench? Doesn't matter. Please, stop with this bullschidt of who is better because it is childish. The Browns need to build a better toolbox at WR. Coleman is never gong to be in the HOF, and he is never going to be the stud type player Gordon has shown he can be.

I am interested in the kid getting healthy, and in the Browns getting a Gordon/Jones/Green guy to set the tone and draw the double coverages.

Save me the manure about Coleman being crap.If the guy played for one of the better teams and was healthy, he would contribute nicely, I have no doubt.

The Browns have holes, missing pieces if you will. I am not interested in seeing the team create more holes by abandoning talent simply because that individual is not the consummate answer. Coleman can play, the focus needs to be on adding the missing pieces of the team.

A stud WR

A smash mouth TE

A more aggressive offense (play action deep on 2nd and 1, for instance)

Another guy like Collins

This team does some stuff really well. I am not of the mind to schidtcan all of it.

• Like 1

Just now, PoeticG said:

It seems that you see what you want to see. 

We've seen the Kizer Sheet show 8 times this year and you're begging for reruns? I can only imagine the grip you'd have on Kizer's nuts if he ever actually won a game!

Try to follow along...I've said this several times but I know you youngsters have trouble paying attention these days.    1. Hogan sucks and is once again the 3rd string inactive QB this week.  2. Kizer is the only QB on the roster with the POTENTIAL to be an NFL QB.  3.  Show me one time where I've said Kizer is any good?   Please...go ahead and search every post I've made.  I've been very clear that I think every QB on the roster sucks and we will be drafting one very very early next season.  

I'd love to see Kizer continue to improve and be the QB of the future, I'm not convinced he has it in him but I hope he does.  Just like I hoped that Hogan wouldn't shit himself when he got the chance to start.  You are still the only one here with a hard on for one of the QB's on this time with your constant whining about how great a QB Carl Hogan is.   Most everyone here is either totally out on Kizer or at least saying he's the only one who has a chance to be an NFL starting QB.   

The Kizer that played on Sunday is a QB that Ben Hogan can only dream of being...he doesn't have any where near that amount of talent in him and that still wasn't good enough to win, although putting up 24 points should be good enough to win a game, he got no help from our defense this week.   I hope, because I'm a Browns fan as opposed to someone with a homo crush on a 3rd string QB, that Kizer can keep improving so we don't have to draft another fucking QB in the early rounds this year. 

On 11/13/2017 at 5:08 PM, BaconHound said:

He better not be a kid, kids don't do well against men in sports.  Men who own there mistakes have character, men who don't are called kids.

He's a kid. Kid's don't do well in sports? LOL. So why draft youth? Look man,  Deshone Kizer didn't have pubic hair when Barack Obama was elected. He's a kid. It is mistakes that help a kid become a man. If the Browns abandon this kid, they will absolutely live to regret it.

1 minute ago, Ghoolie said:

A more aggressive offense (play action deep on 2nd and 1, for instance)

One decision that I did like that Hue made this past Sunday.  It was 3rd and 1 at around our own 40ish and I want to say 1st quarter even based on the direction we were going on the field but I could be wrong.   Anyways... 3rd and short...Hue called play action...Kizer held it as long as he could and tried a short pass to the FB (one that even had some touch) and it was incomplete.  We went on 4th and Duke made it on the play that Detroit challenged the spot even though the spot was actually shitty in Detroits favor.    It was one of the few times  that it seemed that Hue was actually thinking ahead and decided we are going for it on 4th and 1 so lets take a shot here and then we can run it and get the 1st down.  

I'd like to see him do this more often to your point...but that was at least one example where I think he was being aggressive.

2 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

He's a kid. Kid's don't do well in sports? LOL. So why draft youth? Look man,  Deshone Kizer didn't have pubic hair when Barack Obama was elected. He's a kid. It is mistakes that help a kid become a man. If the Browns abandon this kid, they will absolutely live to regret it.

Never said that they should abandon him.  Don't get this "love it or leave it mentality".  He made a terrible call and needed to face the music but instead he let Hue take the heat,

6 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Try to follow along...I've said this several times but I know you youngsters have trouble paying attention these days.    1. Hogan sucks and is once again the 3rd string inactive QB this week.  Hogan doesn't suck and you don't know if he's going to be the #2 or not this Sunday. Nobody does. The "unofficial" depth chart online is just that... unofficial. 2. Kizer is the only QB on the roster with the POTENTIAL to be an NFL QB. That isn't true either. You or I or anybody on here knows how high Hogan's ceiling is. I'd bet 100 dollars that there's been more than 3 other QBs that had a bad game their first start and wound up or will end up in the Hall of Fame. 3.  Show me one time where I've said Kizer is any good? Putting Kizer over Hogan- when Hogan has CLEARLY outplayed Kizer makes Hogan our best QB... Please...go ahead and search every post I've made.  I've been very clear that I think every QB on the roster sucks and we will be drafting one very very early next season.  

Hogan hasn't "clearly" outplayed anyone.   He's had some nice moments in relief but the list of QB's who look good in relief and then shit themselves when a starter is a very long one.   He threw some atrociously bad interceptions against Houston and that horrendous one against Baltimore that changed the momentum before halftime, ...anyone watching that Houston game (but you because you were too busy jerking off that your boyfriend was finally starting a game) saw that he doesn't have the arm strength to make the throws.  He's Colt McCoy..nice long career as a backup/3rd string guy.  Great work if you can get it.  Good for him.   The fact that he's got one fan who thinks he's the greatest QB since Brady should make him happy. 

16 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Hogan hasn't "clearly" outplayed anyone.   He's had some nice moments in relief but the list of QB's who look good in relief and then Sheet themselves when a starter is a very long one.   He threw some atrociously bad interceptions against Houston and that horrendous one against Baltimore that changed the momentum before halftime, ...anyone watching that Houston game (but you because you were too busy jerking off that your boyfriend was finally starting a game) saw that he doesn't have the arm strength to make the throws.  He's Colt McCoy..nice long career as a backup/3rd string guy.  Great work if you can get it.  Good for him.   The fact that he's got one fan who thinks he's the greatest QB since Brady should make him happy. 

The Browns haven't  had a young QB look like he belonged on an NFL roster since Derek Anderson in 2007.

Just now, BaconHound said:

The Browns have had a young QB look like he belonged on an NFL roster since Derek Anderson in 2007.

I've guessing you're saying haven't had....Shockingly of all the QB's on that "jersey", I think McCoy and Anderson are the only two who lasted for very long in the NFL after starting in Cleveland.  

Kizer might be that guy...he's got a lot of growing to do but he has the tools.   Ok game against Minnesota (and a good defense too) and better game on the road against Detroit.  This week will be a real test for him.

2 minutes ago, Mark O said:

I've guessing you're saying haven't had....Shockingly of all the QB's on that "jersey", I think McCoy and Anderson are the only two who lasted for very long in the NFL after starting in Cleveland.  

Kizer might be that guy...he's got a lot of growing to do but he has the tools.   Ok game against Minnesota (and a good defense too) and better game on the road against Detroit.  This week will be a real test for him.

Yep sorry.  The jury is still out on Kizer for me.  I haven't see a full half yet where I was blown away.  There were games where Anderson stood in the pocket like an NFL QB and picked teams apart.

Just now, BaconHound said:

Yep sorry.  The jury is still out on Kizer for me.  I haven't see a full half yet where I was blown away.  There were games where Anderson stood in the pocket like an NFL QB and picked teams apart.

No question the jury is still out.   I think thats the case for everyone here...I'd think everyone here (except for one) is hoping that Kizer can be that guy.  But there's no question the jury is still out.   He's got 7 more tryouts as far as I'm concerned as long as he can stay healthy.  There's at least been some progression the last couple weeks.   And one thing Kizer doesn't have that Anderson had is some good receivers.   Coleman back this week should help at least until he gets hurt again sometime in the 3rd quarter most likely.

2 hours ago, BaconHound said:

Never said that they should abandon him.  Don't get this "love it or leave it mentality".  He made a terrible call and needed to face the music but instead he let Hue take the heat,

Fair enough. I am with you, I guess just more forgiving given the 1/2 baked support he has received so far.

2 hours ago, Mark O said:

One decision that I did like that Hue made this past Sunday.  It was 3rd and 1 at around our own 40ish and I want to say 1st quarter even based on the direction we were going on the field but I could be wrong.   Anyways... 3rd and short...Hue called play action...Kizer held it as long as he could and tried a short pass to the FB (one that even had some touch) and it was incomplete.  We went on 4th and Duke made it on the play that Detroit challenged the spot even though the spot was actually shitty in Detroits favor.    It was one of the few times  that it seemed that Hue was actually thinking ahead and decided we are going for it on 4th and 1 so lets take a shot here and then we can run it and get the 1st down.  

I'd like to see him do this more often to your point...but that was at least one example where I think he was being aggressive.

I agree and saw, and applauded the same thing. My pet peeve is the 2nd,  3d and short plays. The opposing D is forced to bite on the run, and not just Hue, but most coaches don't try to capitalize and it seems most of the time play the run to get the 1st down. in the same manner, a lot of guys here make a good case for choosing plays different from what we actually do. When reading these things what strikes me most is that so often a lot of these posts are not just good ideas but it seems like the coaches have to be morons to not call the moves we are clamoring for.

Unfortunately, none of us will ever coach and NFL team, and none of us are privy to what must be an overwhelmingly voluminous book of statistics, tendencies and expected outcomes. 

I think that many coaches are afraid to be individuals, and to be creative for fear of their choice not working, leaving the owner and FO to come back after the fact and blast the HC for not playing the odds. Belichik, I think has more leeway and support to try non-traditional schemes than a lot of other coaches. I wish you and I could see what the HCs look at on game day.

There is something going on there because it seems that no matter how logical the suggestion we see made on this board, the FO and HC almost never seem to follow what we think makes great sense. Why do these guys always do stuff that makes no sense? It is like they are George Costanza being contrary George, or whatever he called himself when he was choosing to do the exact opposite of what logic seemed to dictate.