THE BROWNS BOARD

Deshone Kizer

Ghoolie

12 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Guy has one mediocre game and your all sucking his finger.  I still think he sucks.

Kid played good and he's growing, what more could you ask for (if we're not going to win)

This has me worried if it's true though.

If Kizer already hates the way he's been treated and the organization, then damn bro....

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/75tynd/deshone_kizer_just_liked_a_tweet_saying_the/

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4 hours ago, Mark O said:

Only you would come in here today humping our 3rd string QB after Kizer had his best game of the season.   Since your boyfriend is inactive each week...maybe you can go to the game and sit on his lap and cuddle with him all game long.  He's not doing anything else.   You going to be ok after the season when he's released? 

Kizer still lost. So by your own logic him having his best game of the season means nothing. Time to go Hogan, clearly.

3 hours ago, Mark O said:

Yes they will....if you're a top assistant coach in the league, you're going to jump at the chance to be a Head Coach in the NFL.  There are only 32 of these jobs available.

And there will be probably be 4 this year and another 4-5 next year. Any coach worth his salt could just wait another year and get a much better job than this one. This "there are only 32 jobs like this" canard is just that.

4 minutes ago, wargograw said:

Kizer still lost. So by your own logic him having his best game of the season means nothing. Time to go Hogan, clearly.

Kizer led the offense to 24 points.   That should be good enough to win if the defense had shown up it would've been a win.   But sure..lets play Hogan so we can be down 30 at the half again...that worked out well. 

Just now, wargograw said:

And the D usually keeps the opposing offense down while the O blows the game, but you give them no credit for that and still want to scrap everyone. Be consistent. Hogan should start.

Usually?    Indy? Cincy? Houston?   How did the defense keep the opposing offense down?   Yesterday they didn't either.  Thats 4 games out of 9.  Hardly usually but hey..dont let the actual score get in the way of your argument.

3 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Kizer led the offense to 24 points.   That should be good enough to win if the defense had shown up it would've been a win.   But sure..lets play Hogan so we can be down 30 at the half again...that worked out well. 

In the games he got in, Hogan did an awesome job in his relief time.

He had one bad quarter, some of it his fault but some was on the WRs.

Kizer has started in one, two, three, four, five, six, seven and now eight games without a single win. 

Hogan is a better QB than Kizer. It's looking like Hogan was making babying Kizer look silly as he pushed him for the starting job, and as soon as Hogan is hurt or has a bad game they can put him out of sight and out of mind like he never challenged for the start at all.

... but I remember. Do you 'member? 

34 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

Lots of Qb's look great in relief time and then shit the bed when put in as a starter.  Hogan being just the latest in a long list of examples.   But that's ok...you continue to live in fantasy land humping our 3rd string QB.

Well, Njoku and DeValve like Hogan more than Kizer. I believe that the guys in the locker room also prefer Hogan over Kizer. But that's okay- you can continue to live in your fantasy land humping the guy that should be the backup Quarterback.

4 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Lighten up. Kizer is a kid. I give Hue props for standing up and taking heat. God knows he is already under enough pressure. So, the kid made a bone headed audible. It had no impact on the outcome of the game.

He better not be a kid, kids don't do well against men in sports.  Men who own there mistakes have character, men who don't are called kids.

Hogan will and should rightfully be the backup QB going into this next game. And if Kizer's ribs are bad you can expect him to play like Sheet. So, Hogan may not be the starter but it will be Hogan that will win us our first game next week! 

1 hour ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Guy has one mediocre game and your all sucking his finger.  I still think he sucks.

& that fine. All I said was he looked improved, a 70 something QBR isn't exactly the second coming of Tom Brady. 

1 hour ago, wargograw said:

And the D usually keeps the opposing offense down while the O blows the game, but you give them no credit for that and still want to scrap everyone. Be consistent. Hogan should start.

Well,  the defense started playing poorly when Collins went out- and just saw he's out for the year. MCL tear.  :(  

1 hour ago, PoeticG said:

He had one bad quarter, some of it his fault but some was on the WRs.

Kizer has started in one, two, three, four, five, six, seven and now eight games without a single win. 

Hogan is a better QB than Kizer. It's looking like Hogan was making babying Kizer look silly as he pushed him for the starting job, and as soon as Hogan is hurt or has a bad game they can put him out of sight and out of mind like he never challenged for the start at all.

... but I remember. Do you 'member? 

Hogan will not be with the team next year and likely not Kessler either.

38 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Hogan will not be with the team next year and likely not Kessler either.

And why wouldn't he be? He's not going to cost a lot, he's the best QB on this team and the FO and their stats think so as well. If Anything Hogan starts, Kizer is backup and the new draftee is going to sit and learn proper like. 

Hogan will and should rightfully be the backup QB going into this next game. And if Kizer's ribs are bad you can expect him to play like Sheet. So, Hogan may not be the starter but it will be Hogan that will win us our first game next week! 

Well, I would say that after last two great appearances by Kessler, Hogan may be in the bench. And if Kizer gets hurt will play. But please, if you exist, don't let that happen, Batman!

Well, Njoku and DeValve like Hogan more than Kizer. I believe that the guys in the locker room also prefer Hogan over Kizer. But that's okay- you can continue to live in your fantasy land humping the guy that should be the backup Quarterback.

It is pretty funny that is you talking about living in fantasyland now that is hilariousIt is pretty funny that is you talking about living in fantasyland now that is hilarious

Those two should be more worried about their own play as opposed to who's playing QB.   There's only one person humping a mediocre QB here...and that's the guy you see when you look in the mirror.   Kizer played his best game of the season which was better than his previous best game of the season the week before against Minnesota.   Kizer is the only QB with the upside to be a starter in this league.  He's the guy the rest of the way unless he's injured and since we are likely to be drafting #1 overall next year, we will almost for sure take a QB and if we take a QB #1 overall..he's the guy week 1 next year and we might not have any of the 3 headed suck monsters at QB this year on the roster next year. 

6 hours ago, nickers said:

No he's NOT!.. Gordon is our best receiver , ding dong... Get the glass dikk out of your mouth!

Hahahaha. Well Coleman played this year... Gordon hasn't played in 2. I'm a big Gordon supporter but please stop making yourself look stupid. You like contradicting yourself? Gordon has been sooo available... 

24 minutes ago, Alkid3 said:

Hahahaha. Well Coleman played this year... Gordon hasn't played in 2. I'm a big Gordon supporter but please stop making yourself look stupid. You like contradicting yourself? Gordon has been sooo available... 

The difference is Gordon has honest to god talent.. Coleman is a wannabe who has hands of stone and porcelain for legs.. what part of that can't your pea sized brain understand?

2 minutes ago, nickers said:

The difference is Gordon has honest to god talent.. Coleman is a wannabe who has hands of stone and porcelain for legs.. what part of that can't your pea sized brain understand?

You need to get off Gordon's sack. He's played zero games. Coleman played 1 and played good. Don't be a fool.

2 minutes ago, Alkid3 said:

You need to get off Gordon's sack. He's played zero games. Coleman played 1 and played good. Don't be a fool.

You should get off Coleman's schwanse...... But you must like the taste...

I'm not ready to say Coleman sucks.  I think he's a guy who has suffered some really bad luck, and he's a guy who also made some poor decisions (being around that felony assault at the apartment complex, missing curfew, etc).  On the other hand, I'm not ready to paint him as a good receiver either.  I've always said that I don't see Coleman as a true "#1 WR", but I DO believe he's capable of being an extremely productive #2 IF....if...he has a legit #1 playing along side of him.  As it stands right now, we're going to see if I'm right because Josh Gordon IS a true #1 WR, and I don't give a crap HOW LONG he's been out.  Will he be rusty?  Of course.  Will it take him some time to get used to playing again?  I'm sure.  But keep this in mind:  Josh was high, drunk, or BOTH when he played for us basically every game of his career (according to him).  If he's truly sober now, that HAS to increase his ability level to SOME degree.  It will help his memory with the offense, his ability to recover health wise, and his overall stamina.  

I've heard some fans ask who would play slot WR for us when we get Josh and Corey back on the field, and the answer is going to shock you.  It's not going to be Corey, it's not going to be Higgins, or even Duke or Dreggs.  Don't be surprised if Josh Gordon plays a large percentage of snaps as our slot receiver when we go with 3 WR formations.  Sound crazy?  Yeah, crazy like a fox.  If you go back and look at when Norv Turner was our OC, Norv LOVED to use Josh Gordon as the slot WR and he did this because he could somewhat control the matchups.  He could get a safety or sometimes a linebacker on Josh, and that's obviously a mismatch 100 times out of 100.  Obviously Josh won't play the slot EVERY DOWN, but you will probably see it more than you might think.  

Regardless of how long Josh has been out, and that's well documented, he's STILL going to command the opposition's #1 CB, and that means Corey won't face as much pressure.  Corey is nowhere near as big as Josh, and if I had to guess, Corey doesn't do too well against larger, physical corners (I could be wrong, haven't see any numbers.  Just a guess).  Well, Corey won't be facing the big corners when Josh is in the lineup, and I'm excited to see what HE can do when Josh comes back.  Hue Jackson said Corey is "100% ready to go", and that's a good sign.  I'm somewhat concerned about soft-tissue injuries with him, as that's always been a problem, and he's coming back from a lengthy stint on the IR.  But if he CAN stay healthy, I really do believe we'll see some good results.  What we really need to figure out is how to get Corey the ball in open spaces.  We failed at this last year, and we really didn't do it in the first two games this season either.  I can't think of ANY YAC for Corey, and that's just not ok.  He excelled at YAC in college, and we have to devise ways to get him in space so he can use his speed and agility.  Again, if/when Josh is in the game, I think that might be easier to accomplish.  

23 hours ago, Mark O said:

Usually?    Indy? Cincy? Houston?   How did the defense keep the opposing offense down?   Yesterday they didn't either.  Thats 4 games out of 9.  Hardly usually but hey..dont let the actual score get in the way of your argument.

You've said repeatedly that it doesn't matter how good the defense is if we're not winning. That was your argument. Period. Whether you think the defense is actually good or not is immaterial to what your point was. So, likewise, it doesn't matter how well Kizer's playing if we're losing. #StartHogan

46 minutes ago, wargograw said:

You've said repeatedly that it doesn't matter how good the defense is if we're not winning. That was your argument. Period. Whether you think the defense is actually good or not is immaterial to what your point was. So, likewise, it doesn't matter how well Kizer's playing if we're losing. #StartHogan

Hogan is going to be inactive again this week.  So you start hogan clowns should want the coach fired who keeps the best QB not only on the bench but not even active.

8 minutes ago, wargograw said:

I'm not the one saying start Hogan lol. You are, by the same logic you apply to the team as a whole. Kizer's winless, so by default the next guy should get a try.

He had a try...he completed more passes it seemed to the other team and guys on the sidelines than he did to his own receivers.  No need to see that shit show again.

1 minute ago, Mark O said:

He had a try...he completed more passes it seemed to the other team and guys on the sidelines than he did to his own receivers.  No need to see that Sheet show again.

It seems that you see what you want to see. 

We've seen the Kizer Sheet show 8 times this year and you're begging for reruns? I can only imagine the grip you'd have on Kizer's nuts if he ever actually won a game!

Jesus, what the hell has happened to this board? You guys are using flame throwers and it is me being the voice of reason?

How about we put this in proper perspective? Corey Coleman has a place on this team. He isn't Julio Jones and he isn't Antonio Brown. However, he is a decent, #2 or #3, nifty type WR who, with a big star on the WR corp can do a lot of damage to opposing defenses. His repeated injuries are a concern, and hopefully it is behind him now.He isn't a trouble maker, he can make some plays and he seems to be a team player.

You can't compare him to Gordon. Not in games played, not in talent. They are simply two different talents. Which is better a Crescent wrench or a Socket wrench? Doesn't matter. Please, stop with this bullschidt of who is better because it is childish. The Browns need to build a better toolbox at WR. Coleman is never gong to be in the HOF, and he is never going to be the stud type player Gordon has shown he can be.

I am interested in the kid getting healthy, and in the Browns getting a Gordon/Jones/Green guy to set the tone and draw the double coverages.

Save me the manure about Coleman being crap.If the guy played for one of the better teams and was healthy, he would contribute nicely, I have no doubt.

The Browns have holes, missing pieces if you will. I am not interested in seeing the team create more holes by abandoning talent simply because that individual is not the consummate answer. Coleman can play, the focus needs to be on adding the missing pieces of the team.

A stud WR

A smash mouth TE

A more aggressive offense (play action deep on 2nd and 1, for instance)

Another guy like Collins

This team does some stuff really well. I am not of the mind to schidtcan all of it.

Just now, PoeticG said:

It seems that you see what you want to see. 

We've seen the Kizer Sheet show 8 times this year and you're begging for reruns? I can only imagine the grip you'd have on Kizer's nuts if he ever actually won a game!

Try to follow along...I've said this several times but I know you youngsters have trouble paying attention these days.    1. Hogan sucks and is once again the 3rd string inactive QB this week.  2. Kizer is the only QB on the roster with the POTENTIAL to be an NFL QB.  3.  Show me one time where I've said Kizer is any good?   Please...go ahead and search every post I've made.  I've been very clear that I think every QB on the roster sucks and we will be drafting one very very early next season.  

I'd love to see Kizer continue to improve and be the QB of the future, I'm not convinced he has it in him but I hope he does.  Just like I hoped that Hogan wouldn't shit himself when he got the chance to start.  You are still the only one here with a hard on for one of the QB's on this time with your constant whining about how great a QB Carl Hogan is.   Most everyone here is either totally out on Kizer or at least saying he's the only one who has a chance to be an NFL starting QB.   

The Kizer that played on Sunday is a QB that Ben Hogan can only dream of being...he doesn't have any where near that amount of talent in him and that still wasn't good enough to win, although putting up 24 points should be good enough to win a game, he got no help from our defense this week.   I hope, because I'm a Browns fan as opposed to someone with a homo crush on a 3rd string QB, that Kizer can keep improving so we don't have to draft another fucking QB in the early rounds this year. 

On 11/13/2017 at 5:08 PM, BaconHound said:

He better not be a kid, kids don't do well against men in sports.  Men who own there mistakes have character, men who don't are called kids.

He's a kid. Kid's don't do well in sports? LOL. So why draft youth? Look man,  Deshone Kizer didn't have pubic hair when Barack Obama was elected. He's a kid. It is mistakes that help a kid become a man. If the Browns abandon this kid, they will absolutely live to regret it.

Archived