Ghoolie

Deshone Kizer

12 hours ago, PoeticG said:

If Hogan isn't the #1 or at least the #2 QB next week, I'm going to be highly disappointed. 

Kizer looked good yesterday.He's finally stepping up in the pocket, and getting rid of the ball. We all remember that he held it far too long, and also made some stupid red zone mistakes.

I was in Houston for that game, Hogan looked awful, and I admit I was rooting for him. 

Kizer deserves the rest of the season, and let's hope he continues the improvement. No need for Hogan to see the field unless there's an injury.

23 minutes ago, Osiris said:

No coach (or GM, or other FO people) who has any other choice is going to come to Cleveland because Cleveland has a reputation of flushing the whole program down the toilet before it's had time to be seen through. So you can either allow the current administration to make their mistakes and get better, or you can fire them all, bring in a new green administration, and have to let them make all the same mistakes over again. 

Yes they will....if you're a top assistant coach in the league, you're going to jump at the chance to be a Head Coach in the NFL.  There are only 32 of these jobs available.    And again...firing the coach doesn't mean flushing the entire thing down the toilet.  You can't have a coach who goes 1-31 over 2 years or 2-30 over two seasons as an NFL coach.  It's unprecendented levels of suckage from Hue.   The FO can stay and find another coach.  Go find some young hungry dude who wants a chance to prove he's the next young NFL genius.   The young Cowher...the young Gruden, the young Belichick.  The next Sean Payton...that's the guy the team needs to go find.   Williams can stay or go....I don't care either way.  I'd prefer to keep him so that our new young offensive minded coach can focus on coaching the offense.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Yes they will....if you're a top assistant coach in the league, you're going to jump at the chance to be a Head Coach in the NFL.  There are only 32 of these jobs available.    And again...firing the coach doesn't mean flushing the entire thing down the toilet.  You can't have a coach who goes 1-31 over 2 years or 2-30 over two seasons as an NFL coach.  It's unprecendented levels of suckage from Hue.   The FO can stay and find another coach.  Go find some young hungry dude who wants a chance to prove he's the next young NFL genius.   The young Cowher...the young Gruden, the young Belichick.  The next Sean Payton...that's the guy the team needs to go find.   Williams can stay or go....I don't care either way.  I'd prefer to keep him so that our new young offensive minded coach can focus on coaching the offense.

Look at the guy with the Rams right now.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Alkid3 said:

Who's they? And he's still our best receiver. You're proving my point on how trash our receivers are. 

No he's NOT!.. Gordon is our best receiver , ding dong... Get the glass dikk out of your mouth!

1 hour ago, Bob806 said:

Kizer looked good yesterday.He's finally stepping up in the pocket, and getting rid of the ball. We all remember that he held it far too long, and also made some stupid red zone mistakes.

I was in Houston for that game, Hogan looked awful, and I admit I was rooting for him. 

Kizer deserves the rest of the season, and let's hope he continues the improvement. No need for Hogan to see the field unless there's an injury.

It wouldn't hurt to move Hogan up to the backup slot after the pathetic showing Kesser put in Sunday subbing for Kizer. 

Regarding Deshone, I've been one of his biggest critics, but I have to admit, he looked decent against the Lions. The defensive strip for a TD wasn't his fault. 

• Upvote 1

I'm happy for Deshone, I really am.  He played better today and he also got robbed by the refs which cost him a beautiful drive that could've ended up with another TD.  Two things though:  Kizer is still an absolute nightmare in the red zone, and he still panics.  The audible to a QB sneak from the 2 yard line with no timeouts is absolutely unacceptable.  I don't care if Hue said that it was on him...IT WASN'T.  Kizer is to blame for that idiotic stupidity, and I have to say that I've NEVER seen that before...ever.  Do you guys know WHY he audibled to that play?  It's because it's the only play he knows how to score with!  Fellas, the 1 yard QB sneak is the ONLY thing in Kizer's playbook.  Hey, I have an idea.  Let's try the fade pass ONE MORE TIME, huh Kizer?  I'm sure you'll get it next time, right?  Maybe I should be happy that he FINALLY threw a TD pass, but you know what?  I'm not.  He threw a 5 yard pass to Britt and the defender whiffed on a tackle.  That's the only reason we have a TD pass.  We didn't throw the ball into the end zone.  We didn't complete a nice pass into tight coverage, we didn't scheme somebody open....no, no, no.  We scored because the opposition screwed up.  It's about the only chance we have to score through the air.  

And while Kizer did a better job of running the ball, he might have the absolute worst vision I've ever seen.  When he had that nice run down to the 2 yard line, he ran RIGHT at the defender and fell down.  If you look to the right, you'll notice a ton of open space.  If he fakes left and turn right...he might go all of the way.  On his best run of the year, he inexplicably slid on his bottom 5 yards in front of a stationary safety.  THE GUY WASN'T MOVING!  You're 234 pounds and you're running full speed at a guy who is probably 195 pounds and completely still.  Do you go left?  Right?  Try a fake and go around?  Run over his punk butt?  No, he slides on his butt cheeks.  I'm glad that he's getting down, but it just seems like he leaves so many yards on the table.  

I'm glad he played better, but his red zone baffoonery is still terrible, and he's a guy who panics.  We can't win with a panicky QB.  Maybe he's just young and needs more time, but he doesn't do it for me.  I want to be SO WRONG.  I WANT Kizer to be the man...but I don't see it, man.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mark O said:

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Look at the guy with the Rams right now.

Yeah and who was the hot assistant coach the year the Browns hired Hue Jackson? It was Hue Jackson. The Rams have not been as historically bad as the Browns. The new Rams coach has more to work with than Hue. You all keep comparing the Browns with other teams and their new coaches but that's comparing apples with a rotten orange. No other team has seventeen years of ineptitude to crawl out of. No other team tore the house down to the studs, and nobody is going to ride in on a white horse to turn around this team in one year. Only way this franchise gets turned around is by sticking with it for the long haul, not by repeating the insanity of the past seventeen years.

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

It wouldn't hurt to move Hogan up to the backup slot after the pathetic showing Kesser put in Sunday subbing for Kizer. 

Bring in Kaepernick....and I am literally 90% serious.

Regarding Deshone, I've been one of his biggest critics, but I have to admit, he looked decent against the Lions. The defensive strip for a TD wasn't his fault. 

It was the fault of our Ivy League braintrust:   Sashi, Berry....DeValve.   Harvard and Princeton. 

Guy has one mediocre game and your all sucking his finger.  I still think he sucks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Osiris said:

Yeah and who was the hot assistant coach the year the Browns hired Hue Jackson? It was Hue Jackson. The Rams have not been as historically bad as the Browns.

Historically?  Depends on how far back you go.  They have not been as historically bad as the Browns....but neither have they been historically as good as the Browns. (no team ever has, in fact)

The new Rams coach has more to work with than Hue. You all keep comparing the Browns with other teams and their new coaches but that's comparing apples with a rotten orange. No other team has seventeen years of ineptitude to crawl out of. No other team tore the house down to the studs, and nobody is going to ride in on a white horse to turn around this team in one year. Only way this franchise gets turned around is by sticking with it for the long haul, not by repeating the insanity of the past seventeen years.

It may not take one year....but it could take two.   As I have said, the base talent on this team is not that bad.  They just need to play better...and to get a few more quality parts.

12 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Guy has one mediocre game and your all sucking his finger.  I still think he sucks.

Kid played good and he's growing, what more could you ask for (if we're not going to win)

This has me worried if it's true though.

If Kizer already hates the way he's been treated and the organization, then damn bro....

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/75tynd/deshone_kizer_just_liked_a_tweet_saying_the/

4 hours ago, Mark O said:

Only you would come in here today humping our 3rd string QB after Kizer had his best game of the season.   Since your boyfriend is inactive each week...maybe you can go to the game and sit on his lap and cuddle with him all game long.  He's not doing anything else.   You going to be ok after the season when he's released? 

Kizer still lost. So by your own logic him having his best game of the season means nothing. Time to go Hogan, clearly.

3 hours ago, Mark O said:

Yes they will....if you're a top assistant coach in the league, you're going to jump at the chance to be a Head Coach in the NFL.  There are only 32 of these jobs available.

And there will be probably be 4 this year and another 4-5 next year. Any coach worth his salt could just wait another year and get a much better job than this one. This "there are only 32 jobs like this" canard is just that.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, wargograw said:

Kizer still lost. So by your own logic him having his best game of the season means nothing. Time to go Hogan, clearly.

Kizer led the offense to 24 points.   That should be good enough to win if the defense had shown up it would've been a win.   But sure..lets play Hogan so we can be down 30 at the half again...that worked out well. 

And the D usually keeps the opposing offense down while the O blows the game, but you give them no credit for that and still want to scrap everyone. Be consistent. Hogan should start.

Just now, wargograw said:

And the D usually keeps the opposing offense down while the O blows the game, but you give them no credit for that and still want to scrap everyone. Be consistent. Hogan should start.

Usually?    Indy? Cincy? Houston?   How did the defense keep the opposing offense down?   Yesterday they didn't either.  Thats 4 games out of 9.  Hardly usually but hey..dont let the actual score get in the way of your argument.

3 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Kizer led the offense to 24 points.   That should be good enough to win if the defense had shown up it would've been a win.   But sure..lets play Hogan so we can be down 30 at the half again...that worked out well. 

In the games he got in, Hogan did an awesome job in his relief time.

He had one bad quarter, some of it his fault but some was on the WRs.

Kizer has started in one, two, three, four, five, six, seven and now eight games without a single win. 

Hogan is a better QB than Kizer. It's looking like Hogan was making babying Kizer look silly as he pushed him for the starting job, and as soon as Hogan is hurt or has a bad game they can put him out of sight and out of mind like he never challenged for the start at all.

... but I remember. Do you 'member? 

34 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

Lots of Qb's look great in relief time and then shit the bed when put in as a starter.  Hogan being just the latest in a long list of examples.   But that's ok...you continue to live in fantasy land humping our 3rd string QB.

Well, Njoku and DeValve like Hogan more than Kizer. I believe that the guys in the locker room also prefer Hogan over Kizer. But that's okay- you can continue to live in your fantasy land humping the guy that should be the backup Quarterback.

4 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Lighten up. Kizer is a kid. I give Hue props for standing up and taking heat. God knows he is already under enough pressure. So, the kid made a bone headed audible. It had no impact on the outcome of the game.

He better not be a kid, kids don't do well against men in sports.  Men who own there mistakes have character, men who don't are called kids.

Hogan will and should rightfully be the backup QB going into this next game. And if Kizer's ribs are bad you can expect him to play like Sheet. So, Hogan may not be the starter but it will be Hogan that will win us our first game next week! 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

& that fine. All I said was he looked improved, a 70 something QBR isn't exactly the second coming of Tom Brady. 

1 hour ago, wargograw said:

Well,  the defense started playing poorly when Collins went out- and just saw he's out for the year. MCL tear.  :(  

1 hour ago, PoeticG said:

He had one bad quarter, some of it his fault but some was on the WRs.

Kizer has started in one, two, three, four, five, six, seven and now eight games without a single win. 

Hogan is a better QB than Kizer. It's looking like Hogan was making babying Kizer look silly as he pushed him for the starting job, and as soon as Hogan is hurt or has a bad game they can put him out of sight and out of mind like he never challenged for the start at all.

... but I remember. Do you 'member? 

Hogan will not be with the team next year and likely not Kessler either.

38 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Hogan will not be with the team next year and likely not Kessler either.

And why wouldn't he be? He's not going to cost a lot, he's the best QB on this team and the FO and their stats think so as well. If Anything Hogan starts, Kizer is backup and the new draftee is going to sit and learn proper like. 

Hogan will and should rightfully be the backup QB going into this next game. And if Kizer's ribs are bad you can expect him to play like Sheet. So, Hogan may not be the starter but it will be Hogan that will win us our first game next week! 

Well, I would say that after last two great appearances by Kessler, Hogan may be in the bench. And if Kizer gets hurt will play. But please, if you exist, don't let that happen, Batman!

Well, Njoku and DeValve like Hogan more than Kizer. I believe that the guys in the locker room also prefer Hogan over Kizer. But that's okay- you can continue to live in your fantasy land humping the guy that should be the backup Quarterback.

It is pretty funny that is you talking about living in fantasyland now that is hilariousIt is pretty funny that is you talking about living in fantasyland now that is hilarious