THE BROWNS BOARD

Deshone Kizer

Ghoolie

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Alkid3 said:

He played well. We need to get Coleman back. And hopefully Collins is ok.

Yes because having a guy with hands of stone and legs made of glass is the answer...

Yesterday was the first time I've seen anything to make me think that Kizer can be a decent NFL qb. Except for the sneak at the end of the half, he made good decisions, and was accurate most of the time. I won't blame him too much for that int.....it was an act of desperation. He has heart and the skills to be a successful, long term answer for this team. Now we need a veteran back up. Too bad the morons let McCown go. He would have been perfect for this season. Kessler is a total waste, and should just be cut immediately. He doesn't belong on any NFL team. I kind of hope they keep Hue in place after the season, but I really want Sashi, and his posse fired. They set this team back 5 years with their stupidity.

I agree that Kizer played better than anyone we have seen all season, including his prior games. I do think losing Collins so early just killed us defensively. Browns finally get a really decent play out of a QB and two two things go bad, injury to a key run stopper and injury to the QB at the wrong point in the game. Whoever is f'n Thor's wife needs to stop because he keeps throwing lightning bolts in to screw this team.

5 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I agree that Kizer played better than anyone we have seen all season, including his prior games. I do think losing Collins so early just killed us defensively. Browns finally get a really decent play out of a QB and two two things go bad, injury to a key run stopper and injury to the QB at the wrong point in the game. Whoever is f'n Thor's wife needs to stop because he keeps throwing lightning bolts in to screw this team.

I agree with that.

Maybe I'm going to get shot by what I'll say next, but I think that Hue is right that with the current roster everything has to go perfectly to have a chance to win games. 

If we lose a field goal chance, have a turnover returned to TD and let our QB get a direct hit, like yesterday, we don't stand a chance*. Teams must be able to cope with that kind of details that happen in every game, I know, but ours currently cannot.

EDIT: *and don't have key player injuries.

3 hours ago, nickers said:

Yes because having a guy with hands of stone and legs made of glass is the answer...

Who else currently on our roster can catch better than Coleman? Don't worry I'll wait. He can probably catch better with a broken hand then any of those other practice squad stars. 

2 hours ago, Alkid3 said:

Who else currently on our roster can catch better than Coleman? Don't worry I'll wait. He can probably catch better with a broken hand then any of those other practice squad stars. 

And they say the best ability is availability.. this is year 2 and Mr Glass is hurt..

Passing: 21/37 passes 56.8 %comp, 232 yards, 6.3 yards per attempt 1 TD 1 INT (on last play, these are made by every QB) 1 sack 73.3 QB rating

Rushing: 7 attempts, 57 yards 8.1 yards per attempt 1 TD.

He rushed for more yards than Duke Johnson (54), who in my opinion had a good game.

I don't know how QB rating works, and I guess it doesn't count the rushing game, but for me a QB which gets 279 yards and scores a touchdown while only getting a sack (thanks to an unblocked rusher) and makes and INT when the team is losing by two scores, tells me more about him than 73.3QBr. I say that because we tend to look at statistics and if you only looked to the QB rating you wouldn't say he played such a good game.

11 hours ago, PoeticG said:

I'm being completely honest. 

OK....here comes something stupid....but yes...honest.  The problem is that you believe what you say.  

Kessler should have never jumped Hogan for 2nd string. Hogan earned that, and we saw what happened with Kessler in there today. Exactly what I said, Kessler goes down like a paper doll in a paper shredder at the first signs of pressure. 

I don't know if Hogan earned the 2d string slot....but he could likely have not done any worse.

Why has Hogan been demoted all the way to not even dressing for the game.

The fact that you have no insight into this explains why you have a muddled brain about it.

He played lights out during Preseason, lights out when he had to come in when Kizer had a headache, when Kizer was struggling, Hogan played great. He even got the nod to start his first ever game in a game that we had no chance in hell of winning.

We had no chance of winning to a great extent because of how poorly he played.

He had a few passes that got away from him that lucked right into the defenses hands and turned out badly. 

In other words, he sucked swamp water.  And the fact that you cannot tell that fact...again, simply demonstrates how delusional you are.

But, how do you bench a guy for 4 weeks for 1 bad quarter of play when the other two guys have had equally bad outings. 

If Hogan isn't the #1 or at least the #2 QB next week, I'm going to be highly disappointed. 

And if you pay to throw a pity party for yourself, I may even attend.  Be sure to provide your guests with prime rib and champagne.

12 hours ago, PoeticG said:

Kizer did okay today... but Hogan>Kizer - and it isn't close.

Only you would come in here today humping our 3rd string QB after Kizer had his best game of the season.   Since your boyfriend is inactive each week...maybe you can go to the game and sit on his lap and cuddle with him all game long.  He's not doing anything else.   You going to be ok after the season when he's released? 

10 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Only you would come in here today humping our 3rd string QB after Kizer had his best game of the season.   Since your boyfriend is inactive each week...maybe you can go to the game and sit on his lap and cuddle with him all game long.  He's not doing anything else.   You going to be ok after the season when he's released? 

It is an act or he is truly autistic.

16 hours ago, BaconHound said:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/browns/2017/11/12/who-responsible-browns-bizarre-quarterback-sneak/856915001/

What's worse is Hue feels he has to fall on the grenade because Kizer can't own his mistakes or the media might hurt his confidence, smh.  Participation Trophy Mentality

Lighten up. Kizer is a kid. I give Hue props for standing up and taking heat. God knows he is already under enough pressure. So, the kid made a bone headed audible. It had no impact on the outcome of the game.

2 hours ago, Nero said:

Passing: 21/37 passes 56.8 %comp, 232 yards, 6.3 yards per attempt 1 TD 1 INT (on last play, these are made by every QB) 1 sack 73.3 QB rating

Rushing: 7 attempts, 57 yards 8.1 yards per attempt 1 TD.

He rushed for more yards than Duke Johnson (54), who in my opinion had a good game.

I don't know how QB rating works, and I guess it doesn't count the rushing game, but for me a QB which gets 279 yards and scores a touchdown while only getting a sack (thanks to an unblocked rusher) and makes and INT when the team is losing by two scores, tells me more about him than 73.3QBr. I say that because we tend to look at statistics and if you only looked to the QB rating you wouldn't say he played such a good game.

Nobody had more dislike of Kizer than I. He played a nice game. He is a good kid and the players respond to him. Personally...I think he IS the guy.

5 hours ago, Alkid3 said:

Not worth arguing about. Nobody is going to argue that our receiving corps has both potential and issues. Coleman coming back sure as hell isn't going to hurt anything, so why attack him? I didn't think he was worth a #1 round pick, but that has passed now. With Gordon drawing the double teams, Coleman starts to have less encumbered fun. This team has a schidtload of problems, but also some talent that others on the field are taking notice of. Maybe the Steelers should bench Bent he Rapist because the Colts almost beat them?

Lookie here, naysayers..........the margins of loss for us have often been brought on by stupidity. For all our supposed lack of talent, we sure as hell are physically pounding some people. We need more talent, but I have more hope and optimism for this crap pile than I have since 1999.

Go Browns............................Did I mention.............FukC the Lions?

16 hours ago, Mark O said:

You don't know that.  Somehow the Rams managed to hire a whole new staff and "saddled" them with the previous regimes pick. 

No coach (or GM, or other FO people) who has any other choice is going to come to Cleveland because Cleveland has a reputation of flushing the whole program down the toilet before it's had time to be seen through. So you can either allow the current administration to make their mistakes and get better, or you can fire them all, bring in a new green administration, and have to let them make all the same mistakes over again. 

6 minutes ago, Osiris said:

No coach (or GM, or other FO people) who has any other choice is going to come to Cleveland because Cleveland has a reputation of flushing the whole program down the toilet before it's had time to be seen through. So you can either allow the current administration to make their mistakes and get better, or you can fire them all, bring in a new green administration, and have to let them make all the same mistakes over again. 

I would agree with you if Hue had had both 6 W seasons, because you could say 'what are they expecting? It's impossible to be a coach there!'. But after a 1-24, I do think that anyone wouldn't freak out because after 2 seasons it is enough time. Hue needs the 4 wins that 80% of this board doesn't wait to come by the season ending.

12 hours ago, PoeticG said:

If Hogan isn't the #1 or at least the #2 QB next week, I'm going to be highly disappointed. 

Kizer looked good yesterday.He's finally stepping up in the pocket, and getting rid of the ball. We all remember that he held it far too long, and also made some stupid red zone mistakes.

I was in Houston for that game, Hogan looked awful, and I admit I was rooting for him. 

Kizer deserves the rest of the season, and let's hope he continues the improvement. No need for Hogan to see the field unless there's an injury.

23 minutes ago, Osiris said:

Yes they will....if you're a top assistant coach in the league, you're going to jump at the chance to be a Head Coach in the NFL.  There are only 32 of these jobs available.    And again...firing the coach doesn't mean flushing the entire thing down the toilet.  You can't have a coach who goes 1-31 over 2 years or 2-30 over two seasons as an NFL coach.  It's unprecendented levels of suckage from Hue.   The FO can stay and find another coach.  Go find some young hungry dude who wants a chance to prove he's the next young NFL genius.   The young Cowher...the young Gruden, the young Belichick.  The next Sean Payton...that's the guy the team needs to go find.   Williams can stay or go....I don't care either way.  I'd prefer to keep him so that our new young offensive minded coach can focus on coaching the offense.

4 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Yes they will....if you're a top assistant coach in the league, you're going to jump at the chance to be a Head Coach in the NFL.  There are only 32 of these jobs available.    And again...firing the coach doesn't mean flushing the entire thing down the toilet.  You can't have a coach who goes 1-31 over 2 years or 2-30 over two seasons as an NFL coach.  It's unprecendented levels of suckage from Hue.   The FO can stay and find another coach.  Go find some young hungry dude who wants a chance to prove he's the next young NFL genius.   The young Cowher...the young Gruden, the young Belichick.  The next Sean Payton...that's the guy the team needs to go find.   Williams can stay or go....I don't care either way.  I'd prefer to keep him so that our new young offensive minded coach can focus on coaching the offense.

Look at the guy with the Rams right now.

1 hour ago, Alkid3 said:

Who's they? And he's still our best receiver. You're proving my point on how trash our receivers are. 

No he's NOT!.. Gordon is our best receiver , ding dong... Get the glass dikk out of your mouth!

1 hour ago, Bob806 said:

Kizer looked good yesterday.He's finally stepping up in the pocket, and getting rid of the ball. We all remember that he held it far too long, and also made some stupid red zone mistakes.

I was in Houston for that game, Hogan looked awful, and I admit I was rooting for him. 

Kizer deserves the rest of the season, and let's hope he continues the improvement. No need for Hogan to see the field unless there's an injury.

It wouldn't hurt to move Hogan up to the backup slot after the pathetic showing Kesser put in Sunday subbing for Kizer. 

Regarding Deshone, I've been one of his biggest critics, but I have to admit, he looked decent against the Lions. The defensive strip for a TD wasn't his fault. 

I'm happy for Deshone, I really am.  He played better today and he also got robbed by the refs which cost him a beautiful drive that could've ended up with another TD.  Two things though:  Kizer is still an absolute nightmare in the red zone, and he still panics.  The audible to a QB sneak from the 2 yard line with no timeouts is absolutely unacceptable.  I don't care if Hue said that it was on him...IT WASN'T.  Kizer is to blame for that idiotic stupidity, and I have to say that I've NEVER seen that before...ever.  Do you guys know WHY he audibled to that play?  It's because it's the only play he knows how to score with!  Fellas, the 1 yard QB sneak is the ONLY thing in Kizer's playbook.  Hey, I have an idea.  Let's try the fade pass ONE MORE TIME, huh Kizer?  I'm sure you'll get it next time, right?  Maybe I should be happy that he FINALLY threw a TD pass, but you know what?  I'm not.  He threw a 5 yard pass to Britt and the defender whiffed on a tackle.  That's the only reason we have a TD pass.  We didn't throw the ball into the end zone.  We didn't complete a nice pass into tight coverage, we didn't scheme somebody open....no, no, no.  We scored because the opposition screwed up.  It's about the only chance we have to score through the air.  

And while Kizer did a better job of running the ball, he might have the absolute worst vision I've ever seen.  When he had that nice run down to the 2 yard line, he ran RIGHT at the defender and fell down.  If you look to the right, you'll notice a ton of open space.  If he fakes left and turn right...he might go all of the way.  On his best run of the year, he inexplicably slid on his bottom 5 yards in front of a stationary safety.  THE GUY WASN'T MOVING!  You're 234 pounds and you're running full speed at a guy who is probably 195 pounds and completely still.  Do you go left?  Right?  Try a fake and go around?  Run over his punk butt?  No, he slides on his butt cheeks.  I'm glad that he's getting down, but it just seems like he leaves so many yards on the table.  

I'm glad he played better, but his red zone baffoonery is still terrible, and he's a guy who panics.  We can't win with a panicky QB.  Maybe he's just young and needs more time, but he doesn't do it for me.  I want to be SO WRONG.  I WANT Kizer to be the man...but I don't see it, man.

2 hours ago, Mark O said:

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Look at the guy with the Rams right now.

Yeah and who was the hot assistant coach the year the Browns hired Hue Jackson? It was Hue Jackson. The Rams have not been as historically bad as the Browns. The new Rams coach has more to work with than Hue. You all keep comparing the Browns with other teams and their new coaches but that's comparing apples with a rotten orange. No other team has seventeen years of ineptitude to crawl out of. No other team tore the house down to the studs, and nobody is going to ride in on a white horse to turn around this team in one year. Only way this franchise gets turned around is by sticking with it for the long haul, not by repeating the insanity of the past seventeen years.

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

It wouldn't hurt to move Hogan up to the backup slot after the pathetic showing Kesser put in Sunday subbing for Kizer. 

Bring in Kaepernick....and I am literally 90% serious.

Regarding Deshone, I've been one of his biggest critics, but I have to admit, he looked decent against the Lions. The defensive strip for a TD wasn't his fault. 

It was the fault of our Ivy League braintrust:   Sashi, Berry....DeValve.   Harvard and Princeton. 

1 minute ago, Osiris said:

Yeah and who was the hot assistant coach the year the Browns hired Hue Jackson? It was Hue Jackson. The Rams have not been as historically bad as the Browns.

Historically?  Depends on how far back you go.  They have not been as historically bad as the Browns....but neither have they been historically as good as the Browns. (no team ever has, in fact)

The new Rams coach has more to work with than Hue. You all keep comparing the Browns with other teams and their new coaches but that's comparing apples with a rotten orange. No other team has seventeen years of ineptitude to crawl out of. No other team tore the house down to the studs, and nobody is going to ride in on a white horse to turn around this team in one year. Only way this franchise gets turned around is by sticking with it for the long haul, not by repeating the insanity of the past seventeen years.

It may not take one year....but it could take two.   As I have said, the base talent on this team is not that bad.  They just need to play better...and to get a few more quality parts.

Archived