THE BROWNS BOARD

Deshone Kizer

Ghoolie

Big, big mistake to dis this kid, bigger to let him go. Zomblow called him a gamer, and he is a gamer. He played a very intelligent game today, and did a hell of a lot of polished veteran-style things. I like this kid. No need to draft a QB next year. If this kid had the tools on the field and on the sidelines that Goff, Wentz, et al had, he would be a world beater.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

Big, big mistake to dis this kid, bigger to let him go. Zomblow called him a gamer, and he is a gamer. He played a very intelligent game today, and did a hell of a lot of polished veteran-style things. I like this kid. No need to draft a QB next year. If this kid had the tools on the field and on the sidelines that Goff, Wentz, et al had, he would be a world beater.

Today he played his best game. I have some hope for him, but I wouldn't bet to a single card. I would draft a guy and if he doesn't keep developing, I would even get a veteran in FA.

If it's so difficult to find a franchise quaterback, or even a decent QB, and you keep doing one bet per year, if that bet goes wrong (and sadly it has gone many times), you're automatically wasting a year.

I haven’t said much about Kizer this year, mostly because the kid is playing the most difficult position on the team.

However, I do think he played his best game of the season today, and gives me encouragement for the rest of the year.

2 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Ya know Tom, I've been the Numero Uno Kizer sucks guy. He sort of shocked me today. For once, can't pin this loss on Deshone. Devalve gets stripped for an easy TD, and Hueless the Clueless leaves at least three points off the board... 

2 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

He played a good game, Ghoolie

10 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Ya know Tom, I've been the Numero Uno Kizer sucks guy. He sort of shocked me today. For once, can't pin this loss on Deshone. Devalve gets stripped for an easy TD, and Hueless the Clueless leaves at least three points off the board... 

Devalve admitted that Kizer came up with the sneak, not Hue.

3 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Devalve admitted that Kizer came up with the sneak, not Hue.

This is why Hue will keep his job for a long time.

He's the fall guy. Sashi and company take no heat. Kizer and Jimmy take no heat, and it falls all on Hue. Which is why he said, "Everything is on Me, it's all my fault" today. Because it guarentee's his job, and he must be a yes man in order to keep it.

After reading various sources I have to give Hue a break on this one. And the game actually was going better than expected when Kizer got hurt. Also hard to play without Collins in the game. Overall we did play better than prior weeks. And Kizer had his best game up until the injury.

18 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/browns/2017/11/12/who-responsible-browns-bizarre-quarterback-sneak/856915001/

What's worse is Hue feels he has to fall on the grenade because Kizer can't own his mistakes or the media might hurt his confidence, smh.  Participation Trophy Mentality

Exactly. It's a crock of shjt to take responsibility for something that isn't your fault. Like apologizing for something you aren't sorry for. If the kids screwed up he screwed up and he has an opportunity to learn from that. I don't know who called that running play on the goal line but it was a pretty bad idea.

WSS

The more I look at it the more I'm realizing it was Kizer. At first I thought it was Hue, I was still salty about his 4th and 1 gamble on OUR SIDE OF THE FUKKING FIELD that if not for Duke's glorious keeping the knee off the turf skills would have resulted in the Lions having the ball on our 45. But yeah, looking at the replay you could see Hue's face..."wtf did you just do young man?"

3 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

u do realize that a "any" new coach is not coming here unless they're guaranteed a QB with that first pick. No coach is coming to Cleveland and agreeing to being saddled with a previous regimes project. Ain't happenin and you know it.

7 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

u do realize that a "any" new coach is not coming here unless they're guaranteed a QB with that first pick. No coach is coming to Cleveland and agreeing to being saddled with a previous regimes project. Ain't happenin and you know it.

You don't know that.  Somehow the Rams managed to hire a whole new staff and "saddled" them with the previous regimes pick. 

I gotta be honest in saying I wasn't totally disappointed, like usual, today. Finally a game where they were 'full strength' for the most part. Kizer has me believing he might be Jared Goff 2.0. YOUNG TEAM. 

I dunno- with the remaining (pretty weak) schedule I'm honestly thinking they can get an couple wins and maybe start to turn this thing around....just in time for the season to end of course. 

Then it prob gets blown up again and we start over lol. Damnit, I was feeling positive there for a minute and totally Browns'd myself 😞

3 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

I saw progress and god knows I want this kid to be the GOAT. I can't let you use the word intelligent for his play today after the dumbest audible of all time though. I do think if you give him Coleman and Gordon we start dominating games. 

1 hour ago, BaconHound said:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/browns/2017/11/12/who-responsible-browns-bizarre-quarterback-sneak/856915001/

What's worse is Hue feels he has to fall on the grenade because Kizer can't own his mistakes or the media might hurt his confidence, smh.  Participation Trophy Mentality

“These types of posts will hurt his feelings and keep him from being great.”- Sunshine Pumper #1

3 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

That was a #1 pick, u understand that right? That's a lot different than a 2nd round project who's college coach threw him under the bus.

And that's fine...we are going to have the #1 pick so the new coach can pick his shiny new Qb.   But it doesn't matter.  Goff played like an undrafted free agent QB when he played last year.  He looked as bad as Kizer has looked this year but somehow with a new coach hes in the running for NFL MVP.

1 hour ago, jcam222 said:

I do think if you give him Coleman and Gordon we start dominating games. 

sets up nicely for "we just can't have nice things"..Ribs + week 11 + week 14 =honestly I don't see it all happening..It's called Browning..own one & shoot it..Edit--As the hometown UT Rocket grad of the board, I was glad to see Kizer making some good choices with some really nicely thrown balls mixed in #toledotuff (after about 10 days of trade deadline hell, that had to feel pretty good) 

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Even a blind skunk gets to rape a fart on occasion...

Kizer did okay today... but Hogan>Kizer - and it isn't close.

I'm being completely honest. 

Kessler should have never jumped Hogan for 2nd string. Hogan earned that, and we saw what happened with Kessler in there today. Exactly what I said, Kessler goes down like a paper doll in a paper shredder at the first signs of pressure. 

Why has Hogan been demoted all the way to not even dressing for the game. He played lights out during Preseason, lights out when he had to come in when Kizer had a headache, when Kizer was struggling, Hogan played great. He even got the nod to start his first ever game in a game that we had no chance in hell of winning. He had a few passes that got away from him that lucked right into the defenses hands and turned out badly. 

But, how do you bench a guy for 4 weeks for 1 bad quarter of play when the other two guys have had equally bad outings. 

If Hogan isn't the #1 or at least the #2 QB next week, I'm going to be highly disappointed. 

1 hour ago, SD_Tom said:

Nobody cares about Hogan or Kessler. They wanna see if Kizer shows improvement and if he can be a viable QB of the future. 

You didn't get Po's memo. We have the next Joe Montana on our roster, but Hue doesn't realize it yet. :D

One thing that I liked the most about Kizer this game was his guts when running. Head first but not taking major risks, fighting for every inch... Brave but not brainless. 

It doesn't attract me that when he speaks to the media, generally he is so calm, low voice... I love it when players pump up their team mates, start shouting, cheering each other. Anyway, seeing your QB being the first one stepping up and not sliding in every run so the team can get the yardage needed, well... I like that kind of stuff.

EDIT: And stepping up after the McCarron's failed trade is huge, I hope he gets a boost of confidence.

Archived