THE BROWNS BOARD

Hue on the end of the first half: "It's on me"

tinythinker

Hue on the end of the first half: "It's on me"  

30 members have voted

1. 1. How do you interpret that answer?

• Hue is avoiding explaining a bad call he made
    • Hue is trying to protect Kizer after a bad choice at audible

I can't defend Hue after that play. I felt like we purposely blew that play to show the world that we take this losing Sheet serious. And all I did was laugh because it's beyond getting mad. Even when we play good we QB sneak with no timeouts. 

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

I thought it was a terrible call. I also thought there was no sense of urgency among many of the Browns after the play. 

Because Lions player was laying on top of them. It was a bad call but the refs helped screw that situation up. When was the last time play got stopped with 15 seconds left because refs didn't know what phucking down it was?? 

I didn't like the call for sure but there was plenty of time to spike the ball. Duke Johnson knew that the defense was delaying game 

6 minutes ago, cdl15 said:

Because Lions player was laying on top of them. It was a bad call but the refs helped screw that situation up. When was the last time play got stopped with 15 seconds left because refs didn't know what phucking down it was?? 

I didn't like the call for sure but there was plenty of time to spike the ball. Duke Johnson knew that the defense was delaying game 

I would have liked to have seen some of the Browns players pulling up the Lions players who were deliberately flopping on the ground. I also think the refs should have called a penalty on Detroit for what they did.  The Browns could have gotten at least a couple of passes in the end zone though and with no time outs the QB sneak was too risky. It wasn't like we were inches from the goal but a couple of yards out. We ended up with no points and at the minimum should have gotten a field goal.

8 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

I would have liked to have seen some of the Browns players pulling up the Lions players who were deliberately flopping on the ground. I also think the refs should have called a penalty on Detroit for what they did.  The Browns could have gotten at least a couple of passes in the end zone though and with no time outs the QB sneak was too risky. It wasn't like we were inches from the goal but a couple of yards out. We ended up with no points and at the minimum should have gotten a field goal.

I haven't seen that penalty called in any game to the defense, and almost every team does sit on offensive players when they're in hurry up.

10 minutes ago, Nero said:

I haven't seen that penalty called in any game to the defense, and almost every team does sit on offensive players when they're in hurry up.

Pretty obvious delay of game by the Lions should have been called but again I didn't see the sense of urgency by many of the the Browns like they should have had after the play. When they saw a team mate being held down why weren't they yanking the Lions player off him? Even if they get a penalty for fighting wouldn't it have stopped the clock? 

Just now, OldBrownsFan said:

Pretty obvious delay of game by the Lions should have been called but again I didn't see the sense of urgency by many of the the Browns like they should have had after the play. When they saw a team mate being held down why weren't they yanking the Lions player off him? Even if they get a penalty for fighting wouldn't it have stopped the clock? 

If they did that and got a penalty, that penalty would mean a 10 second runoff, and end of the first half. But I agree they should have tried...

11 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

If you want to blame Hue for a decision, just pick a clear decision he made....

... like leaving Kessler in to throw the deep ball "to" Treggs when Kizer was cleared, warmed up and ready to go.

How about calling our last time out with a minute or more left for no reason?   He still doesn't understand basic clock management.

2 minutes ago, Mark O said:

How about calling our last time out with a minute or more left for no reason?   He still doesn't understand basic clock management.

That one had me scratching my head as well.

1 hour ago, Mark O said:

& how about letting it run down to 2:00 to get the free time out, instead of hurrying up to run a play?

We all have questions about the game, As for me I would like to know how we were playing decent to have a 10 point lead then give up 17 straight, claw back and get a 7 point lead again and then lost it LOST IT BAD. I hate to blame refs but lets face it hey did not help matters. but our game play in general, it looked as if our players looked lost at times or confused..........We WERE playing decent and then POOF we lost the magic pixie dust. BTW The Refs sure the hell made sure Pisspuke won yesterday.

2 hours ago, Mark O said:

I to was screaming at the TV like what the ----. I thought I was the only 1 who noticed that. I wa at Sisky Fringo's house watching with him and his family (All Browns fans) and they didn't say to much, or they were in shock of me blowing up at the TV

Archived