Sign in to follow this  
Orion

Browns vs Lions

Regarding play calling and the Red Zone...why do the Browns never ever use the TE? Play action, TE runs right under the goal posts, it's normally a TD. I don't think we've run that play since Ozzie retired. Put it in the dam playbook.

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Just struck me that there is another approach... the football equivalent of MLB's "Bench Coach". Kind of a chief strategist on the field to handle the time outs, challenges, etc. The active, yet 2ndary, HC bits that compete for time/attention with OC time.

There's a former coach for Boston College on the local sports radio that calls this the "dumba** coach" because he prevents the HC from looking like one.

28 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

Regarding play calling and the Red Zone...why do the Browns never ever use the TE? Play action, TE runs right under the goal posts, it's normally a TD. I don't think we've run that play since Ozzie retired. Put it in the dam playbook.

Because Hue is stupid.

Well, I watched a video that I liked about top 5 redzone plays used by almost every team in the NFL. It's in Spanish, but if you silence it, it is pretty explanatory. 

13 minutes ago, Nero said:

Well, I watched a video that I liked about top 5 redzone plays used by almost every team in the NFL. It's in Spanish, but if you silence it, it is pretty explanatory. 

I noticed that in not one play did they show the Browns being succesful....because Hue apparently has no clue how to run a successful red zone offense......BUT you certainly saw the Browns being the team being burned on several occasions.