THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns vs Lions

Orion

Tough matchup for the Browns.   The Lions have a strong passing attack with actual receivers...and they're strong against the run which will put us in passing situations...something we struggle with.

CLEVELAND BROWNS INJURIES
Player
Position
Injury
Practice Status
Game Status
Briean Boddy-Calhoun CB -- Full Participation in Practice --
Kenneth Britt WR -- Full Participation in Practice --
Trevon Coley DT -- Full Participation in Practice --
Jamie Collins LB -- Full Participation in Practice --
Jason McCourty CB -- Full Participation in Practice --
Jabrill Peppers S -- Full Participation in Practice --
Jamar Taylor CB -- Full Participation in Practice --
Ibraheim Campbell S -- Limited Participation in Practice --
Olumide Ogunjobi DT Groin Limited Participation in Practice Questionable

DETROIT LIONS INJURIES

..........Player..............Position...Injury...........Practice Status.............................Game Status

Gregory Robinson T -- Limited Participation in Practice --
Ezekiel Ansah DE Back Did Not Participate In Practice Doubtful
Thomas Lang G Concussion Did Not Participate In Practice Out
Jalen Reeves-Maybin LB Ankle Did Not Participate In Practice Out
Don Carey S Knee Limited Participation in Practice Questionable
Kenneth Golladay WR Hamstring Limited Participation in Practice Questionable

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FukC the Lions. I am going to watch the game with my Browns backers buddies. Did I mention Fukc the Lions? This is a lock for the Browns. 8 sacks tomorrow, 3 ints, a pick 6 and Kizer throws for 350 yards and 3 TDs.

Browns 104 - Lions - have to forfeit due to most of team being transported to the hospital.

Did I mention Fukc the Lions? Seriously, Fukc em.

The Lions have beaten us 18 times.  We've only won 5 games against them.  Pretty lopsided considering all of the years that we were good and they were bad.  They just kind of, have our number.

1 hour ago, Orion said:

..Player..............Position...Injury...........Practice Status.............................Game Status

Gregory Robinson T -- Limited Participation in Practice --
Ezekiel Ansah DE Back Did Not Participate In Practice Doubtful
Thomas Lang G Concussion Did Not Participate In Practice Out
Jalen Reeves-Maybin LB Ankle Did Not Participate In Practice Out
Don Carey S Knee Limited Participation in Practice Questionable
Kenneth Golladay WR Hamstring Limited Participation in Practice Questionable

Any given Sunday? Can we Cover a TE & or WR's on any given Sunday? Lions LT Taylor Decker just came off Pup this week to be welcomed back by Myles Garrett..RDE-Ziggy Ansah, Doubtful's at this time of the week rarely ever play.Ziggy leads Lions in sacks. TJ Lang is Out at starting RG with nothing on depth chart behind Lang..Lions played Pitts. & Vikings also. Lions were 2 of 12 on 3rd down loss to Steelqueens. 3 of 13 on 3rd down with 6 sacks at Minn.Stafford threw for 423yards/Pitt..only 209 yards/Minn..Stafford Threw for :) 0 Touchdowns in both games..Peppers Welcome Home..we need a big game from the local kid..Taylor,McCourtny & Calhoon 

9 hours ago, Orion said:

The Lions have beaten us 18 times.  We've only won 5 games against them.  Pretty lopsided considering all of the years that we were good and they were bad.  They just kind of, have our number.

Goes pretty much back to the Browns entering the NFL. Weird.

My official prediction is Lions win 27-13. The score is somewhat close until midway 3rd quarter when Browns' defense gets completely worn out and can't stop anything. The defense will be worn out because our putrid offense won't be able to sustain drives, much less score points. Kizer will again be atrocious, but I don't think Hue will pull him again. If Kizer doesn't get pulled, we won't score a touchdown until late 2nd half when we get a garbage time TD from somebody random...probably Duke. 

However, I can also see a scenario where Hue DOES pull Kizer in the 2nd half, and we trot out Cody Kessler. I think we'll get one FG in first half, possibly two, but we won't have more than 6 points. Kizer will look absolutely awful again, and this will cause significant tension on the offense. If Cody does come in, we MIGHT score a FEW MORE points, but nothing substantial. 

Our defense won't be able to stop the passing attack from the Lions, and we're going to see about 200 crossing routes that will eat us up. Oh, and don't forget about just how terrible Jabril Peppers will be too. He'll get absolutely torched today. 

Wish I had better news. 

First... isn't this the first time in a very long losing streak our outsider bot has not opened the weekly thread game? An omen?

Anyway the Inactives are out...  Do we have an open roster spot?

17 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Do we have an open roster spot? 

Na, bleacher is reporting WR Kasen Williams is Inactive  <_< Welcome Back to merica 

The Cleveland Browns are going for the NFL record books today.  They are tied with the 1976 and 1977 upstart Tampa Bay Buccaneers with 25 straight losses on Sunday's.

When informed of the possibility of setting a NFL record Browns staff had this to say.

"Getting in the NFL records is something Browns fans should be proud of."  Sashi Brown

"Hey man I wasn't here for all those losses."  Hue Jackson

When informed that Johnny Manziel was the last QB to lead the Browns to a win on Sunday Hue had this to say.

"I couldn't fix him" Hue Jackson

4 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

For sure. It's a winnable game. We just CAN'T MAKE MISTAKES. Penalties, Interceptions, ect.

Our DBs need to cover golden tate and marvin.

every game is technically a winnable game.   This wasnt one I would've counted on before the season but who knows.

2 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Clearly...we are the first team to start 0-8 in back to back seasons since the 93-94 Bengals.

Even if we go 1-46, like war and unsympathetic said, There will be NO analyzing, evaluating, or questioning anything King Sashi does till that point. Then we can start. Otherwise you will be flamed by them as "stupid", "clueless", "ignorant", and "whiny".

anyways, Lions are likely tired and on a short week. We can win this.

19 minutes ago, tinythinker said:

And the pick is turned into a TD for the Browns, who are up 10-0.

OMG! Even though it's 10-3 now.......who knows, momentum?  Damn flag on Cleveland 1st and forever. 

2 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

OMG! Even though it's 10-3 now.......who knows, momentum?  Damn flag on Cleveland 1st and forever. 

Yeah they catch and run to the 17 was great... until it came back.

The another holding call marches the Browns back across midfield.

And then an illegal formation call...

Ooof

Archived