Sign in to follow this  
Adoug319

Camp Mayfield

7 hours ago, stillmotion said:

Old katy perry, hell yes! new katy perry is into social justice feminism and has a dude haircut. just no!

as long as those tits are popping out, I don't care if she's bald or has an afro. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Adoug319 said:

Anyone who compares Baker to Manziel is intellectually lazy

Did you see Baker’s press conference? Literally in tears for letting his team down, letting the fans down. This game means so much to him. Manziel didn’t give a Shmuck about football

Wrong. There are some glaring similarities, and some significant differences. Here is the problem:

repetitive bad behavior that the player regrets/apologizes for. like planting their flag...crotch grabbing....DUI/FELONY leaving the scene, etc.

Some will see that as being emotionally unstable. I call it self-defeating behavior. Regardless of what it's actually called,it's a red flag of possible alcoholism, emotional problems...

and the NFL is noticing:

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/11/baker-mayfield-johnny-manziel-nfl-gm-general-manager-draft-stock-mock-antics-sooners

https://cfbcomparisons.com/johnny-manziel-vs-baker-mayfield-college-comparison/

Completion Percentage (Cmp%)

Johnny Manziel 68.9

Baker Mayfield  68.5

Touchdown Percentage (TD%)

Johnny Manziel 7.3%

Baker Mayfield  8.5%

Interception Percentage (INT%)

Johnny Manziel 2.5

Baker Mayfield   2.1

Yards per Pass Attempt (Y/A)

Johnny Manziel  9.1

Baker Mayfield    9.7

Adjusted Yards per Pass Attempt (AY/A)

Johnny Manziel  9.4

Baker Mayfield   10.5

Yards Gained per Pass Completion (Y/C)

Johnny Manziel  13.1

Baker Mayfield    14.2

Yards Gained per Games Played (Y/G)

Johnny Manziel   300.8

Baker Mayfield     307.7

QB Rating (Rate)

Johnny Manziel 164.1

Baker Mayfield   174.3

1 hour ago, Adoug319 said:

Anyone who compares Baker to Manziel is intellectually lazy

Did you see Baker’s press conference? Literally in tears for letting his team down, letting the fans down. This game means so much to him. Manziel didn’t give a Shmuck about football

Oh and uhh...   F uck you.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Hey... Oklahoma has a big game this Saturday vs. WVU Saturday.

Guess who will be watching... at least the start.

I guess the coach was not amused.

don't worry You'll get a chance to see him in the FBS playoff... 

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

well, just saw that Mayfield has been stripped of his captionship of the team, and won't start

the next game.  Who knows, maybe he gets into the pros and does great, and grows up into

a classy qb in the NFL.

or not. The Browns already have another egg on their face with the JM experiment...after the character risk

Gordon pick.... what happens when he gets millions ?  I believe in second chances, and Mayfield has used up

one already, and that's after the DUI/Felony leaving the scene, etc.

Cal, just keep up the Mayfield bashing. Here's what you should do- start rooting for the Texans- they won't draft anyone with a criminal record...  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Adoug319 said:

Aw... whose the lil snowflake? Whose the lil snowflake...

... or football.

10 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Wrong. There are some glaring similarities, and some significant differences. Here is the problem:

repetitive bad behavior that the player regrets/apologizes for. like planting their flag...crotch grabbing....DUI/FELONY leaving the scene, etc.

Some will see that as being emotionally unstable. I call it self-defeating behavior. Regardless of what it's actually called,it's a red flag of possible alcoholism, emotional problems...

and the NFL is noticing:

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/11/baker-mayfield-johnny-manziel-nfl-gm-general-manager-draft-stock-mock-antics-sooners

https://cfbcomparisons.com/johnny-manziel-vs-baker-mayfield-college-comparison/

Johnny Manziel 68.9

Baker Mayfield  68.5

Johnny Manziel 7.3%

Baker Mayfield  8.5%

Johnny Manziel 2.5

Baker Mayfield   2.1

Johnny Manziel  9.1

Baker Mayfield    9.7

Johnny Manziel  9.4

Baker Mayfield   10.5

Johnny Manziel  13.1

Baker Mayfield    14.2

Johnny Manziel   300.8

Baker Mayfield     307.7

QB Rating (Rate)

Johnny Manziel 164.1

Baker Mayfield   174.3

Looks like Baker is better than Johnny Manziel every category except one.

As for the off the field stuff, look.. if it happens again I’ll be concerned. 80% of kids age 18-25 have a bad drunken run in with the law. It was bad, but one time. There’s been no repeated incedents off the field. Johnny was constantly video taped And photographed drinking, doing drugs, partying in college. Where are those pictures of Baker partying?

I love the antics Baker does on the field, just like I️ loved when Johnny did it. Personally, I️ think it shows competiveness and a drive to win. Off the field, that’s concerning.

Baker seems clean off the field, Johnny wasn’t. 

9 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Manziel was a great competitor on the field, but a complete idiot off the field. You need both parts to be a complete player. Leadership isn’t just in between the lines.

That’s why many of Johnny’s teammates didn’t like him or see him as a leader.

Meanwhile, Mayfield’s teammates have been quoted all year saying he’s their leader, they’ll go to war with him any day.

Name one off the field incident with Mayfield besides the one in Arkansas. I’ll wait. Dude learned his lesson. Johnny never did

8 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Aw... whose the lil snowflake? Whose the lil snowflake...

... or football.

Yeah I’m sure this guy is a snowflake too

10 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

reallllly not sure what you're going for here, yet again. I get that it's easy  (and lazy) to compare the dude, but I'm honestly asking what you're suggesting we compare this to with Mayfield. One instance of him showing minor poise on the field doesn't compare to Mayfield. As noted, Manziel was never noted as a leader, and Mayfield is. Manziel had well known problems with authority, Mayfield doesn't.

PFF has him graded the highest QB in two years: https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-2018-nfl-draft-qb-rankings-after-week-11 after this past week. If you don't like his game for the the NFL fine. But with the RPO becoming common place in many elite offenses, tell me Mayfield isn't taylor made to play that style. But stop with the Manziel comparison nonsense, it's just boring at this point.

48 minutes ago, Adoug319 said:

Manziel was a great competitor on the field, but a complete idiot off the field. You need both parts to be a complete player. Leadership isn’t just in between the lines.

That’s why many of Johnny’s teammates didn’t like him or see him as a leader.

Meanwhile, Mayfield’s teammates have been quoted all year saying he’s their leader, they’ll go to war with him any day.

Name one off the field incident with Mayfield besides the one in Arkansas. I’ll wait. Dude learned his lesson. Johnny never did

Clearly given his actions on the sideline this past week, he hasn't.  But you keep on keeping on.    

Btw for the Mayfield fans, I posted a full 1st half breakdown on the Bedlam game in my 'who have you watched lately' thread.    Would LOVE some football rebuttals that don't include "leader, winner' HEISMAN, playmaker".   Been waiting almost 2 weeks for someone.... anyone to do that.     Your move.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, SD_Tom said:

as long as those tits are popping out, I don't care if she's bald or has an afro. 

Problem is that now that she has cut her hair, she has also covered herself up.

But lets put it this way.....there will not be a shortage of nice boobs put on display just because she has decided to go Amish, or Muslim or whatever it is that she has decided to do.

http://www.trendingtoplists.com/top-40-women-with-the-best-boobs-in-hollywood

24 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

reallllly not sure what you're going for here, yet again. I get that it's easy  (and lazy) to compare the dude, but I'm honestly asking what you're suggesting we compare this to with Mayfield. One instance of him showing minor poise on the field doesn't compare to Mayfield. As noted, Manziel was never noted as a leader, and Mayfield is. Manziel had well known problems with authority, Mayfield doesn't.

PFF has him graded the highest QB in two years: https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-2018-nfl-draft-qb-rankings-after-week-11 after this past week. If you don't like his game for the the NFL fine. But with the RPO becoming common place in many elite offenses, tell me Mayfield isn't taylor made to play that style. But stop with the Manziel comparison nonsense, it's just boring at this point.

What I just showed contradicts your post.  His team saw him as a leader at that level and it's clear he had the fiery emotion to go with one .

But here's another clip.   

As for using PFF to backup your assessment,  that's completely fine but PFF scores from the collegiate level simply do not have a scale for translation to the NFL.  I'm sure Tebow would have graded very well on their system.  Unfortunately football can only be quantified by numbers so much before actual evaluation beyond that takes precedent.  

Also I'd love to see these elite offenses you speak of that utilize the RPO as the staple of their offensive foundation.   Notice the bold there.   There's nothing nonsense about what I saw, B12 QB's in similar offensive systems with similar builds, strengths & weaknesses.     

The draft and the process including all the games played before that are a resume' you build to showcase what you may be able to do in the NFL.  It helps performing or at least attempting and showing flashes of executing high level concepts at the collegiate level.  Or simply put, I'm not going to hire you over some other guy that has shown an ability and has some history and experience doing the things we require.      Mayfield has had almost no exposure to those concepts and requirements.   None.      Scouting for QB's has become increasingly difficult so I understand it's hard to see through bullsh*t at times.   

Also with your calling the comparison to Johnny lazy, you've offered nothing in the way that refutes my points.   You just say "lazy" and move on.   

46 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Clearly given his actions on the sideline this past week, he hasn't.  But you keep on keeping on.    

Btw for the Mayfield fans, I posted a full 1st half breakdown on the Bedlam game in my 'who have you watched lately' thread.    Would LOVE some football rebuttals that don't include "leader, winner' HEISMAN, playmaker".   Been waiting almost 2 weeks for someone.... anyone to do that.     Your move.

Again, as I️ said, GMs don’t care about him grabbing his nuts, they like what it shows. 

How many off the field incidents has Baker had besides one? I’ll wait

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

What I just showed contradicts your post.  His team saw him as a leader at that level and it's clear he had the fiery emotion to go with one .

But here's another clip.   

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/broncos-chris-harris-says-carson-wentz-runs-college-offense-after-eagles-drop-51/

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2017/8/25/16201116/most-important-play-2017-run-pass-option-rpo-aaron-rodgers-ben-roethlisberger (with watson)

and I can gladly keep going.

Further, one other random dude saying he's a leader doesn't mean Sheet. A knock of Manziel's draft day profile is that he was questioned as a leader and someone people will follow. That will not be a knock on Baker Mayfield. All I do is keep offering points, and you just keep trying your hardest to put your fingers in your ears and ignore them. You do good work on this board, but you're settling with Mayfield.

1 hour ago, jrb12711 said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/broncos-chris-harris-says-carson-wentz-runs-college-offense-after-eagles-drop-51/

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2017/8/25/16201116/most-important-play-2017-run-pass-option-rpo-aaron-rodgers-ben-roethlisberger (with watson)

and I can gladly keep going.

Further, one other random dude saying he's a leader doesn't mean Sheet. A knock of Manziel's draft day profile is that he was questioned as a leader and someone people will follow. That will not be a knock on Baker Mayfield. All I do is keep offering points, and you just keep trying your hardest to put your fingers in your ears and ignore them. You do good work on this board, but you're settling with Mayfield.

Did you ignore the bold I posted?   I'm well aware the Eagles, Chiefs and a couple other teams sprinkle in the option.   Hell, I would too.    But it is absolutely not the foundation, the very bread and butter of their offense.    Even a good portion of those 'option' looks the Seahawks give aren't true reads.   They simply unblock an end or in some cases a tackle, Wilson freezes them with his eyes and it's a straight give the whole way because a bulk of the time the defender is either flat footed or playing the QB.     That is the only way to protect your QB in this league because running the option too much will get you cases like Mariota, Watson (though not in game) Kaep when he was banged up during the 2013 season, RGKnee,  Newton and even Wilson himself.  Though the latter is mainly from his trash butt Oline in pass pro.  But the designed runs that are randomly added in certainly don't help.       

In the article you link it says the Eagles even use 'borrowed concepts' for some 'clever playcalling'.   Not  RPO's on every damn down.  This ain't WVU and Wentz isn't Pat White.   Wentz is a legitimate pocket passer and was at the collegiate level.   What Philly uses is something to take advantage of his athletic ability to further stress a defense.  Something to enhance their playbook and throw yet another wrinkle at you.    That is completely antithetical to what Baker is.   He is not a pocket passer so you would be once again structuring an offense based around something that quite simply hasn't worked with ANY type of longevity in the NFL, while praying Mayfield discovers his ability to be consistently accurate (not gonna happen), process reads and make smart decisions from said pocket at the NFL level.     

Sounds oddly familiar, doesn't it?  Stop when you've heard this before.     

You're also going to find out the kid isn't athletic enough to consistently escape DE's and linebackers.  Sorry, but I remember the very first true read we ran with John boy pre-season against the Lions and he was completely snuffed out.     I'm willing to bet you time on this board that Mayfield's 10/20 splits and 40 yard dash are similar to Manziels.  

In conclusion, I'm aware Baker is a leader for his team. I'm not arguing against that yet somehow you think I am?   You said Johnny wasn't a leader with A&M?  There are multiple instances showing the complete opposite, that is what I'm arguing.  I'm also saying that the 'leader' part is damn near irrelevant.   It has become a watered down and over-used cliche' to justify liking a player with a spotty skill set.   

1. All GMs are not alike... some will love his "moxie" and others will downgrade him to varying degrees, up to and including removal from their board, for the same actions.
  2. Both Mayfield and Manziel share the same on-field "enthusiasm"/"heart-on-their-sleeve emotion" that inspire teammates.... especially at the college level. No denying that... but without a game that translates to the NFL, it just isn't enough.

There is a reason that Mayfield is graded by DraftScout to b.e a 2nd round prospect and that in my first First-Pick foray he lasted until Round 3.

If we're going to compare Mayfield to Manziel every thread, lets be fair with Rosen to Manziel too....

On Rosen

- Scouts, coaches and teammates have also told me of his personality, which can come across as “uncoachable, smarter than all of us and a prick.”

https://nflmocks.com/2017/08/17/josh-rosen-viewed-uncoachable-many-around-ucla/

4 hours ago, Adoug319 said:

Looks like Baker is better than Johnny Manziel every category except one.

In actuality Manziel's stats across the board were much better than Mayfield's.  First off they are comparing Mayfield's 4 years vs Manziel's 2. Second, one was playing in the Big 12 the other in the SEC.

Here is Mayfield's first 2 years vs Manziel's first 2. 

Games (G)

Johnny Manziel 26

Baker Mayfield 21

Games Started (GS)

Johnny Manziel 26

Baker Mayfield 20

Wins as Starter

Johnny Manziel 20

Baker Mayfield 16

Losses as Starter

Johnny Manziel 6

Baker Mayfield 4

Pass Completions (Cmp)

Johnny Manziel 595

Baker Mayfield 487

Passing Attempts (Att)

Johnny Manziel 863

Baker Mayfield 735

Johnny Manziel 68.9

Baker Mayfield 66.3

Passing Yards (Yds)

Johnny Manziel 7,820

Baker Mayfield 6,015

Touchdown Passes (TD)

Johnny Manziel 63

Baker Mayfield 48

Johnny Manziel 7.3%

Baker Mayfield 6.5%

Interceptions Thrown (Int)

Johnny Manziel 22

Baker Mayfield 16

Johnny Manziel 2.5

Baker Mayfield 2.2

Johnny Manziel 9.1

Baker Mayfield 8.2

Johnny Manziel 9.4

Baker Mayfield 8.5

Johnny Manziel 13.1

Baker Mayfield 12.4

Johnny Manziel 300.8

Baker Mayfield 286.4

QB Rating (Rate)

Johnny Manziel 164.1

Baker Mayfield 152.2

Rushing Attempts (Att)

Johnny Manziel 345

Baker Mayfield 229

Rushing Yards (Yds)

Johnny Manziel 2,169

Baker Mayfield 595

Rushing Touchdowns (TD)

Johnny Manziel 30

Baker Mayfield 10

Rushing Yards per Game (Y/G)

Johnny Manziel 83.4

Baker Mayfield 28.3

Rushing Attempts per Game (A/G)

Johnny Manziel 13.3

Baker Mayfield 10.9

Rushing Yards per Attempt (Y/A)

Johnny Manziel 6.3

Baker Mayfield 2.6

29 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

If we're going to compare Mayfield to Manziel every thread, lets be fair with Rosen to Manziel too....

On Rosen

- Scouts, coaches and teammates have also told me of his personality, which can come across as “uncoachable, smarter than all of us and a prick.”

In Hue's case this would be an asset. Bet he won't waste TOs or screw up the redzone calls. :rolleyes:

35 minutes ago, Richiswhere said:

In actuality Manziel's stats across the board were much better than Mayfield's.

That is one big-a$$ board you posted there...

1 hour ago, stillmotion said:

WTF said anything about "fair"...

But just to be clear... you prefer immature brat to arrogant prick?

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:
  1. All GMs are not alike... some will love his "moxie" and others will downgrade him to varying degrees, up to and including removal from their board, for the same actions.
  2. Both Mayfield and Manziel share the same on-field "enthusiasm"/"heart-on-their-sleeve emotion" that inspire teammates.... especially at the college level. No denying that... but without a game that translates to the NFL, it just isn't enough.

There is a reason that Mayfield is graded by DraftScout to b.e a 2nd round prospect and that in my first First-Pick foray he lasted until Round 3.

Yeah, right now Baker is listed as anywhere 1st (Daniel Jeremiah)    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000875152/article/scouting-baker-mayfield-vs-tcu-qb-worthy-of-firstround-pick    to 3rd round.....   

1 hour ago, stillmotion said:

On Rosen

I've heard that- it's going to depend (assuming he declares) on interviews and workouts....   

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

WTF said anything about "fair"...

But just to be clear... you prefer immature brat to arrogant prick?

Rosen and Mayfield both have personality issues apparently. Rosens have been well documented as well. Yes he may have a stronger arm and be bigger then Mayfield, but so far, Mayfield is the better QB. We'll see how the translates to the pros, but right now I don't like his attitude if what's said is true.