Sign in to follow this  
Adoug319

Camp Mayfield

1 hour ago, stillmotion said:

Because stories from random people at a bar or a friend circle equate to completely judging someones character on.

Tiger Woods cheated on his wife, Michael Vick led a dog ring, Ray Rice beat up his wife in an elevator, Ray Lewis killed a man, Alex Rodriguez, Barry Bonds, Mark Mcgwire, Sammy Sosa, and Roger Clemens took steroids, Pete Rose gambled, OJ Simpson killed a man, yet they all balled the f#$% out at some point. We shouldn't completely write off Baker Mayfield because some homo at a bar told you a "story" about him.

That is not what I would be worried about.  I just don't if his game translates to the NFL.

On 11/10/2017 at 12:44 PM, stillmotion said:

Because stories from random people at a bar or a friend circle equate to completely judging someones character on.

Tiger Woods cheated on his wife, Michael Vick led a dog ring, Ray Rice beat up his wife in an elevator, Ray Lewis killed a man, Alex Rodriguez, Barry Bonds, Mark Mcgwire, Sammy Sosa, and Roger Clemens took steroids, Pete Rose gambled, OJ Simpson killed a man, yet they all balled the f#$% out at some point. We shouldn't completely write off Baker Mayfield because some homo at a bar told you a "story" about him.

They certainly don't hurt. 

No one defends the poor character of NFL players more than me. The difference between the guys you mention and Baker is that their flaws translated to success on the field. Baker's will only hurt him. 

He's got moxy you can't teach, that's for sure.

I think he's an intriguing guy that will be around early 3rd round, and if so why not? Assuming we take a top flight guy, why not do what the redskins did and double dip? Honestly, I'm starting to settle into the fact that the NFL game is changing. It's still pro-style, yada yada but objectively the two most "surprise" QB picks of the past two seasons have been Watson and Prescott. I think that dude could easily be Baker Mayfield this time next season. 

To me, he lines up as a similar prospect to Patrick Mahomes. Mahomes is slightly taller but I'd argue the play type is similar. 

5 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

He's got moxy you can't teach, that's for sure.

I think he's an intriguing guy that will be around early 3rd round, and if so why not? Assuming we take a top flight guy, why not do what the redskins did and double dip? Honestly, I'm starting to settle into the fact that the NFL game is changing. It's still pro-style, yada yada but objectively the two most "surprise" QB picks of the past two seasons have been Watson and Prescott. I think that dude could easily be Baker Mayfield this time next season. 

To me, he lines up as a similar prospect to Patrick Mahomes. Mahomes is slightly taller but I'd argue the play type is similar. 

I haven't watched all of the OU- TCU game yet- but one thing I did notice- Mayfield took Zero snaps from under center.... May be a concern. 

11 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I haven't watched all of the OU- TCU game yet- but one thing I did notice- Mayfield took Zero snaps from under center.... May be a concern. 

None of these guys in college ever do any more. Even on like a 1st and goal from the 1 foot line.  In the OK St./Iowa St. game, that is what OKSU had....and they did a WildDawg hike to a RB instead of having the QB get under center.

Edit...I see that they kept the WildDawg autocorrect in place.

3 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

None of these guys in college ever do any more. Even on like a 1st and goal from the 1 foot line.  In the OK St./Iowa St. game, that is what OKSU had....and they did a WildDawg hike to a RB instead of having the QB get under center.

Edit...I see that they kept the WildDawg autocorrect in place.

I know you guys hate Baker Mayfield, even if he does win the hesiman you wouldn't justify picking him in the seventh round.

If i had a chance to get him in the early second or late first, it's a no brainer. way more upside, and if we take two young quarters like the redskins did, i'd be happy.

8 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

I know you guys hate Baker Mayfield, even if he does win the hesiman you wouldn't justify picking him in the seventh round.

If i had a chance to get him in the early second or late first, it's a no brainer. way more upside, and if we take two young quarters like the redskins did, i'd be happy.

Sure, draft two QBs.   After all, I think we will have 2 openings.....as who thinks either Kessler or Hogan will be around next year?

Watching the game on Sunday Baker does remind me a bit of Stafford.  Close to the same size and similar tools in college.

1 hour ago, Adoug319 said:

I really hope this guy gets a chance to play against Alabama this year 

Hope he's ready for the Colt McCoy treatment.

42 minutes ago, wargograw said:

Hope he's ready for the Colt McCoy treatment.

Or the Trevor Knight treatment.  Don't be hatin' Baker for wanting to be a Sooner!

I don’t know if I like Baker or not but I think I really want a QB that everyone else hates.

I want a guy who throws a 50 yard TD bomb on a busted play then looks a defender right in the face and calls him a fukboy.

If we’re gonna suck, let’s at least be assholes about it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Adoug319 said:

18/27 333 yds 3 TDs vs. the 6th best defense in the nation last Saturday

Manziel looked like a world beater against Alabama. Even without substance abuse issues, Manziel was going to be a career backup at best.

48 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Manziel looked like a world beater against Alabama. Even without substance abuse issues, Manziel was going to be a career backup at best.

But still better than Kizer so far...

WSS

4 hours ago, BaconHound said:

Watching the game on Sunday Baker does remind me a bit of Stafford.  Close to the same size and similar tools in college.

Close to the same size as Stafford?

Uh..... sure.  

6 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Sure, draft two QBs.   After all, I think we will have 2 openings.....as who thinks either Kessler or Hogan will be around next year?

Well...someone thinks Hogan is as good as Matt Ryan.........:blink:

There is no way he's lasting to the second round.  He might be the first qb picked,  especially if he keeps putting up monster numbers in big games 

8 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

But still better than Kizer so far...

WSS

Having a bird instead of a hobo drop a turd on your hat is an improvement but not something you necessarily want haha.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

We will never know so there’s no point in arguing, but Manziel had major growth from year 1 to year 2. I think he would’ve been a Top 15 QB, but his drug addiction killed his career

17 minutes ago, Adoug319 said:

We will never know so there’s no point in arguing, but Manziel had major growth from year 1 to year 2. I think he would’ve been a Top 15 QB, but his drug addiction killed his career

I agree.

WSS

12 hours ago, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

I don’t know if I like Baker or not but I think I really want a QB that everyone else hates.

I want a guy who throws a 50 yard TD bomb on a busted play then looks a defender right in the face and calls him a fukboy.

If we’re gonna suck, let’s at least be assholes about it.

We should sign Jay Cutler then.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Close to the same size as Stafford?

Uh..... sure.  

6'1' v 6'3'. I'm not arguing the difference but don't act like Stafford is towering over the guy either.

2 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

6'1' v 6'3'. I'm not arguing the difference but don't act like Stafford is towering over the guy either.

For whatever reason, those 2 inches make a difference in the pros in how a QB is viewed.