Adoug319

Camp Mayfield

Just now, Mark O said:

I'm not sure we are allowed to have a QB that's accurate.   I think it was part of the expansion agreement.

but but he is kinda short :)

On 12/13/2017 at 8:33 AM, jiggins7919 said:

Baker Mayfield really had to have an "incident free" season to climb all the way up the ladder in my mind, but we'll see. To me, he has the kind of emotional firepower that needs to be channeled correctly, but could actually be a benefit to him and his team. We've all heard the rumors about some teammates not liking Josh Rosen, but something tells me that Mayfield has the love and support of HIS teammates (just a guess, obviously I have no inside info). Mayfield seems like the guy you love in your team but hate to play against if that makes sense. 

I haven't really "broken down film" on Mayfield, but casually observing tells me that he's accurate and doesn't always lock in on one target. He'll scan the field when able and he's pretty accurate. To me, that's pretty high up on the NFL importance list. Now, Mayfield will get torn apart at the combine because of having small hands, a so-so 40 time, his previous arrest and antics, and also because he's probably right at 6 ft. He'll be the most polarizing prospect I'm guessing, but SOMEONE is going to love him enough to take him early. 

The one guy I don't understand so many people adoring is Darnold. Obviously he's got the arm, the physical traits, and can make difficult throws...but he turns it over SO MUCH in the college game that I'd be terrified to draft him. Deshone Kizer only had 9 picks in college (I think), and just look at the accuracy problems HE'S having in the pros. Turnovers kill you in the NFL, and many of Darnold's picks stem from terrible decisions. Perhaps this can be something he learns to avoid, but I wouldn't want to risk MY job with him. 

Kizer had 19 INT in two years, a 2.7% INT percentage. Darnold has 23 in two years, but a 2.6% percentage. 

Mayfield has 29 in four years, or a 1.9%. Rosen, 2.2%.

If someone finds a quality stream, PM me please. 

The few plays I have been able to watch properly, Mayfield has looked good. Looking forward to see more of him. 

Anybody that thinks this kid can't play, is smoking the Sheet that their weed is growing in.

1 minute ago, TopDawg31 said:

Anybody that thinks this kid can't play, is smoking the Sheet that their weed is growing in.

Oh he can play...   at the collegiate level.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Baker's issue will be under center..Brees makes 7 yard drops just to see windows..it's all a big steps to nfl..he'll get drilled on it pre-draft..a sure watch....be sure to bring Lincoln Riley with him Dorsey

5 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Oh he can play...   at the collegiate level.  

I mean the dude has ALL DAY TO THROW THE BALL.

He just had a play that the announcers praised his ability to look off the safety to get the TE open down the middle.

What the announcers didn't mention was that Mayfield had time to read a book, make a sandwich, peruse his facebook news feed, and take a nap before throwing the ball.

3 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I mean the dude has ALL DAY TO THROW THE BALL.

He just had a play that the announcers praised his ability to look off the safety to get the TE open down the middle.

What the announcers didn't mention was that Mayfield had time to read a book, make a sandwich, peruse his facebook news feed, and take a nap before throwing the ball.

It really is a perfect system for him, credit to the OU coaching staff.     You have arguably the best Oline in football and a future NFL RB/TE combo.    Their passing concepts are off...

- Misdirection with the back or a sweep 

- A vertical game that appears to exclusively be PAP that involves max protect and only 3 fast threats

- High percentage quick throws, slants, screens and outs. 

- Designed roll outs and half field reads     

Typical Big 12 ball for the most part.  

Mayfield never really has to challenge or move safeties and backers on his own.  The scheme, play designed and ball action does it for him.

Just now, tiamat63 said:

It really is a perfect system for him, credit to the OU coaching staff.     You have arguably the best Oline in football and a future NFL RB/TE combo.    Their passing concepts are off...

- Misdirection with the back or a sweep 

- A vertical game that appears to exclusively be PAP that involves max protect and only 3 fast threats

- High percentage quick throws, slants, screens and outs.       

Typical Big 12 ball for the most part.  

Baker Mayfield's arm vs home game in Cleveland November +... And go!

Just now, Dutch Oven said:

Baker Mayfield's arm vs home game in Cleveland November +... And go!

His arm isn't all that bad.  When he can step intro his throw, torque his hips and let it rip....  pretty good velocity.   But of the most important QB traits, arm strength ranks about 5th.

3 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

It really is a perfect system for him, credit to the OU coaching staff.     

tia, couple years ago i ran a krispy creme donuts route from wilson,nc to greenville,nc. shop to pick-up loads for delivery trucks..When Ruffin McNeil & Lincoln Riley were at ECU they would be at a table with a dozen glazed donuts setting up formations/routes..Lincoln Riley knows his game & donuts 

Perfect route running, though :P

4 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

tia, couple years ago i ran a krispy creme donuts route from wilson,nc to greenville,nc. shop to pick-up loads for delivery trucks..When Ruffin McNeil & Lincoln Riley were at ECU they would be at a table with a dozen glazed donuts setting up formations/routes..Lincoln Riley knows his game & donuts 

I did the same once but it was with chips and queso at a Mexican joint.  I was pretty hammered but you would be surprised what kind of epiphanies you have in those moments. 

Great call & execution Lincoln Riley..some pro team better look

Just now, gumby73 said:

Great call & execution Lincoln Riley..some pro team better look

Easy there, Chip Kelly. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

holly hell he run's for td's pass's for td's and now a catch,whoa we gotta get that guy

Just now, syd said:

holly hell he run's for td's pass's for td's and now a catch,whoa we gotta get that guy

Kizer would've dropped that pass.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TopDawg31 said:

Kizer would've dropped that pass.

or worse tipped it to a defender

• Like 1

Kirby Smart pressuring Mayfield and forcing him into obvious throws from the pocket.

Without surprise, Baker looks pretty frustrated.  

2 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Kirby Smart pressuring Mayfield and forcing him into obvious throws from the pocket.

Without surprise, Baker looks pretty frustrated.  

They're doing a great job of pressuring evenly so he can't escape for long runs. Georgia has some pretty good defenders (ask Auburn).

1 minute ago, TexasAg1969 said:

They're doing a great job of pressuring evenly so he can't escape for long runs. Georgia has some pretty good defenders (ask Auburn).

Yeah, they have taken a step up this second half. I can't tell how much of the blame can go to Mayfield for this second half, with such a defense in front... 

My 1st and last post in this thread (unless we draft Johnny v2.0)

^ Pretty much tells you what I think of my first real good look at the kid - They're the same player to me.

Carry on...... 

And just like that the kid gets the D fired up and bam 14 points later he's winning again