Adoug319

Camp Mayfield

18 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Again....you are the one bringing politics into it.   If you don't want politics in it....then why are you not just shutting the fakakta up?

How is judge of character not important in the selection of a QB?

I was fine talking about just Mayfield's gameplay, but i'm stuck defending him since everyone says, "he's manziel, he's kim jung un, he's stupid, he's a bust" with nothing about Mayfield's gameplay. Him and Rosen are both top tier QB's heading into the draft. Maybe if some actual criticism of Mayfield's gameplay was brought into the thread, then we could talk about that. But if the majority of people want to keep bringing up character, i'll bring up my concerns of Rosen's character too.

My take is : They're both great QB's, but I'd lean towards Mayfield at this point because I believe he seems to have a less likely chance of busting as much as Rosen does. He has more of an "it factor", makes the players around him better, and finds ways to win. That's something the Browns desperately need to do in these close situations. Maybe it can be "learned", or maybe some people perform better under pressure. Mayfield is certainly one of those players.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

I was fine talking about just Mayfield's gameplay, but i'm stuck defending him since everyone says, "he's manziel, he's kim jung un, he's stupid, he's a bust" with nothing about Mayfield's gameplay. Him and Rosen are both top tier QB's heading into the draft. Maybe if some actual criticism of Mayfield's gameplay was brought into the thread, then we could talk about that. But if the majority of people want to keep bringing up character, i'll bring up my concerns of Rosen's character too.

My take is : They're both great QB's, but I'd lean towards Mayfield at this point because I believe he seems to have a less likely chance of busting as much as Rosen does. He has more of an "it factor", makes the players around him better, and finds ways to win. That's something the Browns desperately need to do in these close situations. Maybe it can be "learned", or maybe some people perform better under pressure. Mayfield is certainly one of those players.

It really sounds more to me that you are simply favoring Mayfield....and that the only way you can argue that Rosen is not better is to claim the "character" flaws on the part of Rosen are worse than the "character" flaws on the part of Mayfield. 

(fyi....I have not been the one saying anything about Mayfield's character).

Of course, also, you say that Mayfield's It factor is better than Rosen.    Perhaps the factor that is "it" that contributes to his "it" factor is the other players on that team....and the HC.   UCLA HC was fired. 

So...maybe you should "factor" thos matters into things. 

21 hours ago, Nero said:

Yet some people around this Board prefer to throw sh!t to each other defending their favorite prospects. It amazes me the amount of assumptions that there are made about this and that QB. I LOVE the fact that with the amount of stats, tape qnd information that the NCAA provides to the NFL GMs to make their mind up for the Draft, these players show many times that they are human and you cannot completely guess what's going to be their career like: if they'll succed or fail miserably.

It is going to be a long journey until April, I'll back up and enjoy the fireworks and artillery thunders, lol.

Baker Mayfield really had to have an "incident free" season to climb all the way up the ladder in my mind, but we'll see. To me, he has the kind of emotional firepower that needs to be channeled correctly, but could actually be a benefit to him and his team. We've all heard the rumors about some teammates not liking Josh Rosen, but something tells me that Mayfield has the love and support of HIS teammates (just a guess, obviously I have no inside info). Mayfield seems like the guy you love in your team but hate to play against if that makes sense. 

I haven't really "broken down film" on Mayfield, but casually observing tells me that he's accurate and doesn't always lock in on one target. He'll scan the field when able and he's pretty accurate. To me, that's pretty high up on the NFL importance list. Now, Mayfield will get torn apart at the combine because of having small hands, a so-so 40 time, his previous arrest and antics, and also because he's probably right at 6 ft. He'll be the most polarizing prospect I'm guessing, but SOMEONE is going to love him enough to take him early. 

The one guy I don't understand so many people adoring is Darnold. Obviously he's got the arm, the physical traits, and can make difficult throws...but he turns it over SO MUCH in the college game that I'd be terrified to draft him. Deshone Kizer only had 9 picks in college (I think), and just look at the accuracy problems HE'S having in the pros. Turnovers kill you in the NFL, and many of Darnold's picks stem from terrible decisions. Perhaps this can be something he learns to avoid, but I wouldn't want to risk MY job with him. 

• Upvote 1

I will watch Mayfield in the bowl since I have not given him much thought in the weaker Big 12. As for Darnold I think he needs another season to develop. He has shown himself too quick to "rabbit" on a play, unlike Rosen who stands in and climbs the pocket while going through progressions. Rosen appears superior at this point. Darnold is built more rugged but he has a way to go to become an NFL starter.

• Upvote 1

Rosen is more a finished product, but his personality is a major question, which relates to his leadership/intangibles on the field.

The bigger problem is that he has a girlfriend from another state. That is jackwagon territory. We'd do better with a real qb who has

a girlfriend from the same freaking state....or married, like Tour's Benkert, and my darkhorse, Nick Stevens. At least Mayfield

grew qb wise and has a girlfriend from the same university....

2 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

Rosen is more a finished product, but his personality is a major question, which relates to his leadership/intangibles on the field.

The bigger problem is that he has a girlfriend from another state. That is jackwagon territory. We'd do better with a real qb who has

a girlfriend from the same freaking state....or married, like Tour's Benkert, and my darkhorse, Nick Stevens. At least Mayfield

The more I hear stupid shite like this....the more I think that I want this guy.   Not because of his QBing....but just so that all you all that make such stupid comments will be pissed off.

Of course, then my thoughts go to the fact that you likely forgot to use the PINK font on your post.

That would be way too much pink. The folks who know the draft know I'm having fun with it.

Have you laughed this past year, Gipper? ;)

3 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

That would be way too much pink. The folks who know the draft know I'm having fun with it.

Have you laughed this past year, Gipper? ;)

I am laughing right now.....either at you or with you.

Well, I laugh at my own stuff, because laughing with myself is impossible....

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Well, I laugh at my own stuff, because laughing with myself is impossible....

Or, because you are just silly?

5 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

She's ALSO from Oklahoma? ....... Where's the person from who has to read & write for the two of 'em????????   :rolleyes:

Mike

On 12/12/2017 at 2:33 PM, stillmotion said:

Rosen and Darnold both clearly have more arm talent than Mayfield.  They are a different class of qb.

Im confident Dorsey will pick Rosen or Darnold #1 and we go from there forward.

was it just me or did it look like he was standing on the tips of his toe's to throw the ball ?

6 minutes ago, syd said:

was it just me or did it look like he was standing on the tips of his toe's to throw the ball ?

He might be 6'1", so it's probably true that is what you saw.

But to be fair, I've seen Brees do this too.

If it doesn't get batted down at the line of scrimmage , who the Shmuck cares?

10 minutes ago, BrownsFan4Evr said:

Darnold sucked the other night, and so far Mayfield looks great.

Just remember the name Rodney Anderson next year. Major factor in what makes OU's offense cook. Best back in Texas in about 10 years. F'n traitor originally committed to A&M before OU "somehow" convin$ed him to go there in$tead.

This game is a fucking track meet.    Mayfield looks good so far.

Everything I have read says Mayfield is another Manziel.

1 minute ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Everything I have read says Mayfield is another Manziel.

Quit reading you coloring books

• Like 1

Not coloring books.  Real people making opinions.  Unlike your d i c k  sucking of Mayfield.

10 minutes ago, TopDawg31 said:

If it doesn't get batted down at the line of scrimmage , who the Shmuck cares?

dude is accurate 

12 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Just remember the name Rodney Anderson next year. Major factor in what makes OU's offense cook. Best back in Texas in about 10 years. F'n traitor originally committed to A&M before OU "somehow" convin$ed him to go there in$tead.

Probably the most impressive player on the field to me at the moment when it comes to translatable NFL talent.

OU's offense is still OU's offense.    Passes are either quick hitters and high percentage throws, or their based on the misdirection and PAP with pulls and even a couple double pulls there.  It sets up Mayfield quite nicely.  

1 minute ago, syd said:

dude is accurate 

I'm not sure we are allowed to have a QB that's accurate.   I think it was part of the expansion agreement.