Sign in to follow this  
Adoug319

Camp Mayfield

Ah, the life of a browns fan. Halfway through the season and we’re talking about the draft. We need a QB, and I think Baker Mayfield is the guy, and be a great NFL Qb because he has the following:

Incredible Leadership

Pocket Presence

Accuracy/Arm Strength

Don’t have time right now to delve into those, but I will later. 

He’s a winner, and his teammates have said on numerous occasions that he is the best leader they’ve ever seen and would go to battle with him anytime/anywhere. He’s a wizard in the pocket, mobile but not a scrambler. His accuracy numbers are insane, and contrary to popular belief he indeed has a strong arm.

He is NOT the next Johnny Manziel. He made one mistake, learned from it, and hasn’t had any other problems.

I’m all in on Baker Mayfield, hope we take him. Any other of you guys that are with, feel free to join

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Two great reads if you’re a football fan

Here’s a letter Mayfield recently wrote ahead of the final few games and possible the playoffs. Great read, whether you like the kid or not. Opens up about a lot

http://soonersports.com/fls/31000/microsites/SignatureSeries/mayfield_my_fuel.html

Here’s a guy who debunks a lot of myths about Baker

https://www.ndtscouting.com/crabbs-debunking-many-myths-mayfield/

You don't need to convince me, I've been on the wagon for him since last week. I'm not totally sure about your statement of "he's not Manziel and it's one incident." I said something similar and multiple people said he has a history of acting like a knucklehead. But you never know when a guy matures, and I love the way he plays the game. 

18 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

You don't need to convince me, I've been on the wagon for him since last week. I'm not totally sure about your statement of "he's not Manziel and it's one incident." I said something similar and multiple people said he has a history of acting like a knucklehead. But you never know when a guy matures, and I love the way he plays the game. 

I haven’t heard of anything more than the one incident. I could be wrong. What’s important is that he’s not a party animal/drug addict. I’m not concerned if he drinks occasionally, everyone does

I totally agree. I honestly don't know for sure what issues he may or may not have, but I know some have intimated that he's got a little bit of stuff going on. 

Anyway, I DO KNOW that the guy can play ball. I love his fire and his moxie. He's exactly what I want for my qb. He's a guy who appears to see the field, and that's what's really killing Kizer. Yeah his accuracy is woefully bad, but if Kizer would've just seen HALF of the open TDs, we wouldn't be feeling as awful about him. If he had like 7 td passes and 10 picks, it could be chalked up to rookie mistakes. But THREE td passes? Against ELEVEN picks? Screw that. 

I think he will still be there in the 2nd round if we don't take him too early.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Adoug319 said:

Ah, the life of a browns fan. Halfway through the season and we’re talking about the draft. We need a QB, and I think Baker Mayfield is the guy, and be a great NFL Qb because he has the following:

Incredible Leadership

Pocket Presence

Accuracy/Arm Strength

Don’t have time right now to delve into those, but I will later.

He’s a winner, and his teammates have said on numerous occasions that he is the best leader they’ve ever seen and would go to battle with him anytime/anywhere. He’s a wizard in the pocket, mobile but not a scrambler. His accuracy numbers are insane, and contrary to popular belief he indeed has a strong arm.

He is NOT the next Johnny Manziel. He made one mistake, learned from it, and hasn’t had any other problems.

I’m all in on Baker Mayfield, hope we take him. Any other of you guys that are with, feel free to join

We can't take a qb because whoever it is, no matter how great, would suck here because the supporting cast isn't there yet.  At least thats what I've been told.  Aaron rodgers would get 'run out of town'.  So cant take a qb.

But man things are going great...we are really building something.  It's part of the 20 year plan.

I might give him a little more than Manziel, but he's right there with Colt McCoy.  He will never be a quality QB in the NFL.  For one, he's way to small (6-1).  We need a QB at least 6-3 that has ability.  Perhaps Darnold.  

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, dawg2fan said:

I might give him a little more than Manziel, but he's right there with Colt McCoy.  He will never be a quality QB in the NFL.  For one, he's way to small (6-1).  We need a QB at least 6-3 that has ability.  Perhaps Darnold.  

Or....maybe the other QB in the state of Oklahoma.  Some think he is the best of the bunch.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Lolololol I have to bookmark this thread.  It'll be a great read in the next year or so.  

As you were. 

Yup

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Or....maybe the other QB in the state of Oklahoma.  Some think he is the best of the bunch.

Worried about him being another Branden Weeden.  All those Big 12 schools, you have to worry a little. 

3 hours ago, dawg2fan said:

What makes you think he’s Colt McCoy?

Also, He’s 6’1, that’s 2 inches taller than Wilson and Brees. Thick frame just like both of them

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Lolololol I have to bookmark this thread.  It'll be a great read in the next year or so.  

As you were. 

Go ahead. I never claimed to be a prophet, I said “I think”.

ill be sure to screen shot your post too

Been an OU fan since 1985 and Baker Mayfield would be a horrible pick.  As others have said he's undersized, he makes terrible decisions and he looks appealing on paper.  Incredible college QB but that means very little these days in the NFL.  Hope he wins the Heisman though.

PS He's much better than Colt Mccoy

20 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

And all camp so and so threads ought to be deleted

Why? I like it. Keeps the idiots confined to one place.

12 hours ago, BaconHound said:

Been an OU fan since 1985 and Baker Mayfield would be a horrible pick.  As others have said he's undersized, he makes terrible decisions and he looks appealing on paper.  Incredible college QB but that means very little these days in the NFL.  Hope he wins the Heisman though.

PS He's much better than Colt Mccoy

No he's not. Maybe a little better.

Baker is a complete tool. He's from Austin. I've heard the stories. You don't want him. Let's get a real QB.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Adoug319 said:

What makes you think he’s Colt McCoy?

Also, He’s 6’1, that’s 2 inches taller than Wilson and Brees. Thick frame just like both of them

None of us know for a fact who he'll be.  But you came up with 2 QBs.   However, they're few a far between in the NFL.  Its a fact that taller QBs are more prevalent in the league, i'm not making this up.  

48 minutes ago, wargograw said:

Baker is a complete tool. He's from Austin. I've heard the stories. You don't want him. Let's get a real QB.

You are wrong because I completely agree :)

Lincoln Riley is a fantastic OC, the OLine is dominant and OU's "speed talent" is very good.  Baker is playing a video game and at times his ego screws that up.

On 11/9/2017 at 9:30 AM, TexasAg1969 said:

I think he will still be there in the 2nd round if we don't take him too early.

I tend to agree there, as far as comparisons with Brees and Wilson both of those are proven freaks of nature for NFL QBs I'm not sure if Mayfield is guaranteed anything there yet....still might be a lower round bargain pick.

4 hours ago, wargograw said:

Because stories from random people at a bar or a friend circle equate to completely judging someones character on.

Tiger Woods cheated on his wife, Michael Vick led a dog ring, Ray Rice beat up his wife in an elevator, Ray Lewis killed a man, Alex Rodriguez, Barry Bonds, Mark Mcgwire, Sammy Sosa, and Roger Clemens took steroids, Pete Rose gambled, OJ Simpson killed a man, yet they all balled the f#$% out at some point. We shouldn't completely write off Baker Mayfield because some homo at a bar told you a "story" about him.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

Because stories from random people at a bar or a friend circle equate to completely judging someones character on.

Tiger Woods cheated on his wife, Michael Vick led a dog ring, Ray Rice beat up his wife in an elevator, Ray Lewis killed a man, Alex Rodriguez, Barry Bonds, Mark Mcgwire, Sammy Sosa, and Roger Clemens took steroids, Pete Rose gambled, OJ Simpson killed a man, yet they all balled the f#$% out at some point. We shouldn't completely write off Baker Mayfield because some homo at a bar told you a "story" about him.

I can't speak for War but his on field antics get him into trouble.  He has gotten at least 3 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalties in the 3 years at OU.  He constantly forces the ball downfield and doesn't take the sure completion and he takes a lot of bad sacks to try and extend plays.

He's not all bad.  Strong arm, pretty accurate and is a tough son-of-a-bitch.