THE BROWNS BOARD

Kubiak

Alkid3

16 minutes ago, Alkid3 said:

He wants to the NFL as an OC.... should Browns consider?

Absolutely if he's willing to come here. Hue needs help on game planning and game day decisions. Kubiac is also excellent working with QBs in his offense. Many people do not understand his role as a player/unpaid QB coach on the sidelines with Elway to the Superbowls. Elway got it.

6 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

If it saves his job his tune would change quickly.

True that AG, he's trying anything possible to save his butt now. Sad thing is everything is not his fault. With more talent and an offensive coordinator we'd be much better. Or maybe Hue should of just been OC all along and we needed a guy like Kubiak to coach us.....

Gary's offenses have always been good, so hell yea..... He could be hired today, show up to the building on Saturday to install his offense, and we would score more points on Sunday than Hue ever could. 

Sign him now, please. Anyway, he retired due to health issues, how does going to the Browns help anyone's health?

17 minutes ago, Nero said:

Sign him now, please. Anyway, he retired due to health issues, how does going to the Browns help anyone's health?

It doesn't but I guess the thought would be that being an OC or just an offense consultant as opposed to head coach would be easier on his health.   Its something similiar that I read about McVey in LA.   He focuses solely on the offense and the playcalling.  He has Wade Phillips working on the defense, hes got John Fassell coaching special teams and in charge of timeouts and clock management.  This is what Hue needs.    Someone like Kubiak could help with the game plan during the week and then just sit in the booth and handle clock management and timeouts and challenges and Hue just focuses on the play calling and working with Kizer when the defense is on the field.  Leave Williams alone to run the defense.

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

As OC...or as HC?

Only question about him is his health.  Didn't he have some heart issues?  He may not want the stress that comes with an HC job.

Our guess is as OC.

EDIT: Here's the source https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/former-broncos-head-coach-gary-kubiak-open-to-a-return-as-an-offensive-coordinator/

1 hour ago, stillmotion said:

True that AG, he's trying anything possible to save his butt now. Sad thing is everything is not his fault. With more talent and an offensive coordinator we'd be much better. Or maybe Hue should of just been OC all along and we needed a guy like Kubiak to coach us.....

"Everything is not his fault".  True statement.  But a high enough percentage of "things" IS his fault.....and that is why we question him.  On his poor play calling, poor clock/game management;  failure to field a disciplined team;  failure to focus properly...he is often distracted it seems.

It is why, as far as I am concerned, he is on tenuous ground.

I am also of the opinion that his poor coaching decisions/maneuvers have likely cost the Browns 3 wins this year.

'The rigors of head coaching and the stress and strain from being the daily face of the franchise are not appealing to him at this point, but the opportunity to work with the right quarterback and help an offense for a contending team would have allure, the sources maintain.'

Well, there go all our hopes...

2 hours ago, Nero said:

'The rigors of head coaching and the stress and strain from being the daily face of the franchise are not appealing to him at this point, but the opportunity to work with the right quarterback and help an offense for a contending team would have allure, the sources maintain.'

Ah, but he is an Aggie and so is Garrett. And he worked with the other great Aggie defender Von Miller in Denver as his HC. Never underestimate those factors as a part of his decision if asked to come to Cleveland.

10 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Ah, but he is an Aggie and so is Garrett. And he worked with the other great Aggie defender Von Miller in Denver as his HC. Never underestimate those factors as a part of his decision if asked to come to Cleveland.

So?  I went to Cleveland State.  So did Manute Bol.  That doesn't make me a skinny 7'5"  African.

6 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

So?  I went to Cleveland State.  So did Manute Bol.  That doesn't make me a skinny 7'5"  African.

If Von asked Kubiac to go to Cleveland to help out his good buddy Myles Garrett, he just might do it after sitting down and seeing what the chances were with a young team that lacks an effective QB and OC. Especially with JG and Coleman coming back with all those high draft choices coming up. That might also tempt a really good QB to come out early.

42 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

If Von asked Kubiac to go to Cleveland to help out his good buddy Myles Garrett, he just might do it after sitting down and seeing what the chances were with a young team that lacks an effective QB and OC. Especially with JG and Coleman coming back with all those high draft choices coming up. That might also tempt a really good QB to come out early.

A.  Why would Von ask someone to go help out another team in the AFC?   B. What makes you think Garrett and Miller are "good buddies"...just because they attended the same college?  C. What makes you think that Hue Jackson wants any part of having an OC.  I mean, I think he needs it...but he thinks that only he can run the offense that he has designed (though it seems like a troglodyte could probably do it just as badly)

This sort of thing.....refusing to hire on an OC etc.  at the GM or owners demands...has gotten more than a few  HC's fired....including a few Brown's HCs. And Hue just may be too arrogant and proud to admit that he needs help.

Fair to say?

Did Sashi hire Hue, or did Haslam do it? Because if Haslam did, I don't know how blind you can be to not let anyone join your staff if your offense is not working, independently to the talent it has. If Sashi did, he should put someone there for Hue's own good.

If Hue loses this job he would better forget getting another shot as HC in the NFL. 

He wasn't given a good team, OK, offense is the worst and he precisely is running it, OK. But you have to work with the tools you've been given. If your wide receivers suck, adapt the system so the tight ends and backs get more involved. Head coaches complain to the FO when they don't get what they don't want, but coordinators have to make it work at any cost. That's why an OC-HQ combination doesn't work that often. The best coach of all time has always had both OC and DC.

Hiring an OC was not in the Process, but any process which is not flexible is sentenced to death.

And for Kubiak, the only attractive thing that I would use to bring him to the Browns would be that no matter how the story ends, he has more to win. It won't affect him if he fails as OC, because well, the team already sucked. And if for some reason everything works out, he can be considered a genius. I would use that and money, lol. 

5 hours ago, Nero said:

Unless Kubiak banged Elways wife or daughters;) Why not back to Denver? Vance Joseph is HueJax's offensive twin..contending teams that need a over the hump buster on offense imo--Atlanta.Carolina.Seattle..   

Gip-Actually Von had taken a shine to Myles starting as a freshman and stayed up with him throughout his 3 years @ A&M. You can find them doing a "home week" together on you.tube and the friendship is pretty obvious. He also has said he thinks Myles will be the next great defensive NFL star so the support is also obvious. Kubiac had a lot to do with Von getting past his early drug problem with the Broncos so that connection too is very strong. Like I said never underestimate an Aggie to Aggie connection. Most people who never attended there don't quite get it.

As to Hue's problem I say tough shite. Either come down off the high horse and take some help or don't let the door hit you in the butt. Even Stevie Wonder can see he's under water right now and will drown without help.

why did kubiak get out of coaching?

like his head wouldn't explode in the first week in cleveland?

at least pettine had a sweet dome and would kick anyone who dared kneel with his curb stompin boots.

has everyone gone soft in this country? i used to think the west was the place to go because of the liberals on both coasts, but i'd rather move to russia than put up with lil stinky **C.U.N.T.S**.

chaz for prez in '20!!!

7 hours ago, miktoxic said:

why did kubiak get out of coaching?

like his head wouldn't explode in the first week in cleveland?

at least pettine had a sweet dome and would kick anyone who dared kneel with his curb stompin boots.

has everyone gone soft in this country? i used to think the west was the place to go because of the liberals on both coasts, but i'd rather move to russia than put up with lil stinky **C.U.N.T.S**.

chaz for prez in '20!!!

Didn't you quit this board because of the kneeling? Something about your principles or ideals? I guess your principles and ideals went soft too...

15 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Gip-Actually Von had taken a shine to Myles starting as a freshman and stayed up with him throughout his 3 years @ A&M. You can find them doing a "home week" together on you.tube and the friendship is pretty obvious. He also has said he thinks Myles will be the next great defensive NFL star so the support is also obvious. Kubiac had a lot to do with Von getting past his early drug problem with the Broncos so that connection too is very strong. Like I said never underestimate an Aggie to Aggie connection. Most people who never attended there don't quite get it.

Oh...I doubt it is any different than the connection between alumni of any other school.  It is only because it it your school that you think it is special. 

As to Hue's problem I say tough shite. Either come down off the high horse and take some help or don't let the door hit you in the butt. Even Stevie Wonder can see he's under water right now and will drown without help.

Sure...I mean, who else was it that the Browns fired because he wouldn't hire an OC?  Was that Marty? (or was that because Modell insisted he fire his brother Kurt?)

Archived