THE BROWNS BOARD

Can we just do this?

Westside Steve

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Jared Goff isn't anything special. Carson Wentz turned out to be pretty good but seriously who here had doubts about him? Problem with DeShone Kizer is that nobody thought he was the first or second even the third best quarterback in the draft.

If the team wakes up and we win 3 or 4 games the question will be mood this year anyway.

WSS

He appears to be a pretty damn good young QB.    So... he's got that going for him. 

5 hours ago, miktoxic said:

and if anyone mentions anything out of the big 12 i'll drive 3 days, wait for you to walk out your door and kick you in the nuts.

Just wanted to read this again....

lmao!

20 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Comparing somebody to our quarterbacks isn't setting a very high bar.

WSS

No its not.   I think Goff is better than you're giving him credit for.  At least this year.  Dude looked like shit last year but is playing really well this year.

13 minutes ago, Mark O said:

No its not.   I think Goff is better than you're giving him credit for.  At least this year.  Dude looked like Sheet last year but is playing really well this year.

I'll admit, he's making me feel better about liking him coming out now. :lol:

I'll also admit I wasn't a big Wentz fan based solely on his level of competition, limited experience and pass attempts at the college level. He just didn't compute as a #2 overall pick for me... oops!

26 minutes ago, Mark O said:

No its not.   I think Goff is better than you're giving him credit for.  At least this year.  Dude looked like Sheet last year but is playing really well this year.

I didn't call him a POS I just said it wasn't something special; would you rather have him or Carson Wentz if you could select one of the other for free?

WSS

10 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Jared Goff isn't anything special. Carson Wentz turned out to be pretty good but seriously who here had doubts about him? Problem with DeShone Kizer is that nobody thought he was the first or second even the third best quarterback in the draft.

If the team wakes up and we win 3 or 4 games the question will be mood this year anyway.

WSS

goff and wentz will be pro-bowlers while kizer is baggin groceries. just say what we all know that our FO is terrible at evaluating talent and making critical decade defining decisions.

who'd u rather have on the bench goff, wentz or kizer?

thank u very much sir.

flying J? how about i give a flying F.U.C.K. their brand is so great they're a monopoly in the NY metro/tri-state area..............not.

what a ruse.

44 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

I didn't call him a POS I just said it wasn't something special; would you rather have him or Carson Wentz if you could select one of the other for free?

WSS

I'd have to agree and take Wentz...but I wouldn't kick Goff out of bed for eating chips at this point. 

18 minutes ago, Mark O said:

I'd have to agree and take Wentz...but I wouldn't kick Goff out of bed for eating chips at this point. 

No, a Qb who has 8.32 yds/att, 60% completion, 13 TD/4 INT and a QB rating of 97 can eat Cheetos naked while sitting in my living room on a bean bag if he wore the orange and brown.

13 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I don't want Barkley with the #1 or 2 overall pick, but to say he's horrible is hilarious. He's very talented as a runner, receiver and returner, and teams are selling out completely to stop him, just daring McSorley to beat them.

I agree about Barkley. We're about for sure drafting top 5, and that's too high to take a running back- though I do think he's shown more in college than our mega-bust Trent Richardson. If he's still there with the pick we have from the Texans, I say go for it. Franchise QB is job #1 in 2018, the aborted trade attempt for McCarron tells me all I need to know about Hue and the FO's opinion of Kizer. 

If Gordon can stay sober, and Coleman can stay healthy we can shop for a #3 WR with one of our three second round picks. Send Britt packing. 

we're still putting faith in gordon?

ugh. why this franchise sucks azz.

sorry josh. sorry sashi. sorry podie. biz is biz and ur flippin fired. your record sucks.

how many times u gonna let the dude in ur mcdonald's franchise splash hot french fry oil on customers because of incompetance?

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

No, a Qb who has 8.32 yds/att, 60% completion, 13 TD/4 INT and a QB rating of 97 can eat Cheetos naked while sitting in my living room on a bean bag if he wore the orange and brown.

That's just plain disturbing on so many levels.

4 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

WSS

Wentz however to say I would take Wentz first does not make Goff something that couldn't be considered 'special'.   The Rams would be a mess offensively if not for him.  

4 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Wentz however to say I would take Wentz first does not make Goff something that couldn't be considered 'special'.   The Rams would be a mess offensively if not for him.  

I think the least responsible for the turnaround in Ram's offense is Goff. I would say McVay is a huge part on the change. 

Jeff Fisher won't be seen as a HC anymore, and that offense looked ugly even with Keenum, who's doing reasonably well in Minnesota despite not having a great running game. 

They're using way better Todd Gurley and their line has improved, along with the receivers. I wonder why they don't miss Kenny Britt...

4 minutes ago, Nero said:

I think the least responsible for the turnaround in Ram's offense is Goff. I would say McVay is a huge part on the change. 

Jeff Fisher won't be seen as a HC anymore, and that offense looked ugly even with Keenum, who's doing reasonably well in Minnesota despite not having a great running game. 

They're using way better Todd Gurley and their line has improved, along with the receivers. I wonder why they don't miss Kenny Britt...

The 'least' responsible is the QB whose game and command of the playbook is so night and day better.....             

Riiiiiiiiiight.  

edit:   The Vikings moved to address their Oline especially the interior, they're committed to running the ball better and before Cook's injury, were rather effective in doing so.         Also subtracting Britt and adding something like Watkins does not a good argument make.    Every QB needs someone to throw to.  

3 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

The 'least' responsible is the QB whose game and command of the playbook is so night and day better.....             

Riiiiiiiiiight.  

edit:   The Vikings moved to address their Oline especially the interior, they're committed to running the ball better and before Cook's injury, were rather effective in doing so.         Also subtracting Britt and adding something like Watkins does not a good argument make.    Every QB needs someone to throw to.  

I'm not saying that he has nothing to do with how the offense performs, of course he has! He is the QB, I expect him to!

What I'm saying is that, that offense has improved around him, principally by the coaching, and it has improved so much I cannot consider Goff a 'game/team changer'. Not yet. 

Meanwhile, the cast around Wentz has improved too, but he is able to pull out plays that just a few QBs in the entire league can. I don't see those plays in Goff. 

And I repeat: not yet. 

On 11/9/2017 at 12:34 AM, Clevfan4life said:

Barkley isnt terrible. Teams stack the box on him. He's a better pure runner than even zeke was and we see what zeke has done. That being said we cant pass on a qb this year.

Ah boo hoo. He must be the first college QB to have the box stacked on him. Poor kid. 

Throw up more than 2.5 yards/carry against good teams.

Archived