THE BROWNS BOARD

Tom Brady Trade

The Gipper

Its True.    The San Francisco 49ers ask the Pats to trade them Tom Brady.   I don't know if it was tongue in cheek....or a negotiating maneuver, but when John Lynch...GM of the 49ers, went to talk to Belichick about a trade, the first thing he asked was if they would Trade Tom Brady to them.  When BB stopped laughing (I assume he began laughing...but you know BB...he may not have taken it as a joke)...they got on to the subject of Jimmy Garrapolo.

Of course, it could be a case of....just like trying to get a date with a supermodel....it don't hurt to ask.    And maybe Lynch put BB on the spot.  All along BB has said that Garrapolo would not be traded....(and don't recall him actually saying the same thing about Brady...not that he would have to explicitly say that).  So...maybe Lynch decided to put BB on the spot:    and say "trade us Brady"...and when BB says "no"...he then asks...'trade us Garrapolo".   

Maybe the foray into asking about trading Brady actually greased things up to the point that BB then had to admit that he had to keep one or the other....and that he finally had to decide what to do about JG:   A. trade him   B. franchise him  C. play him D. Lose him completely with no compensation in return.  So, he finally decided.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2742627-report-john-lynch-tried-to-trade-for-tom-brady-while-pursuing-jimmy-garoppolo

5 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Its True.    The San Francisco 49ers ask the Pats to trade them Tom Brady.   I don't know if it was tongue in cheek....or a negotiating maneuver, but when John Lynch...GM of the 49ers, went to talk to Belichick about a trade, the first thing he asked was if they would Trade Tom Brady to them.  When BB stopped laughing (I assume he began laughing...but you know BB...he may not have taken it as a joke)...they got on to the subject of Jimmy Garrapolo.

Of course, it could be a case of....just like trying to get a date with a supermodel....it don't hurt to ask.    And maybe Lynch put BB on the spot.  All along BB has said that Garrapolo would not be traded....(and don't recall him actually saying the same thing about Brady...not that he would have to explicitly say that).  So...maybe Lynch decided to put BB on the spot:    and say "trade us Brady"...and when BB says "no"...he then asks...'trade us Garrapolo".   

Maybe the foray into asking about trading Brady actually greased things up to the point that BB then had to admit that he had to keep one or the other....and that he finally had to decide what to do about JG:   A. trade him   B. franchise him  C. play him D. Lose him completely with no compensation in return.  So, he finally decided.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2742627-report-john-lynch-tried-to-trade-for-tom-brady-while-pursuing-jimmy-garoppolo

And with the ammunition we have... We couldn't pull off that trade...  Whether or not JG is the savior isnt the question.. But.. The Browns would've looked like they were trying...

2 minutes ago, nickers said:

And with the ammunition we have... We couldn't pull off that trade...  Whether or not JG is the savior isnt the question.. But.. The Browns would've looked like they were trying...

We don't have a QB to release that the Patriots would want.   Belichick wanted to have Hoyer back to be the back up to Brady.   He doesn't want any one of the 3 headed suck monsters  ( DeShody Koglizer) as his back up QB.

1 hour ago, Clevfan4life said:

"If" BB thought garappolo could take iverbthe team he would have traded brady in a second. Remember he chucked bledsoe when brady was ready

Tom Brady and Drew Bledsoe aren't on the same level.  It was a business decision.  They were not going to pay both next year and they feel comfortable with Brady next year.  Simple as that.

5 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

Tom Brady and Drew Bledsoe aren't on the same level.  It was a business decision.  They were not going to pay both next year and they feel comfortable with Brady next year.  Simple as that.

Yes, we know that now. At the time people were like wtf is belichick doing dumping one of the best qb's in the league for a 6th rounder?

Another good idea why football people are a necessity in your front office..John Lynch is no dummy..Kyle Shanahan may have been Lynch's future HC? but John Lynch also interviewed Josh McDaniels before hiring Shanny..Wouldn't you think some inside scouting was discussed on Jimmy G.? (Please..Payton Manning,,You & Brad Paisley on draft stage announcing your Browns QB Pick..Please)

13 hours ago, BaconHound said:

Do you mean;) Garropolo...not Bledsoe.....or are you in a time warp?

On November 6, 2017 at 8:47 PM, Clevfan4life said:

Yes, we know that now. At the time people were like wtf is belichick doing dumping one of the best qb's in the league for a 6th rounder?

Not sure where you're going.  You aren't "dropping" Tom Brady if you think Garoppolo could take the team next year just because you once cast aside a good but not great QB for a 6th round draft pick.  If Belichick thought Garoppolo was the going to be better than Brady next year and going into the future he would have traded him.  But to say that because Garoppolo was traded is not an indictment on Garoppolo's ability to be a successful NFL QB is misguided.

42 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

Not sure where you're going.  You aren't "dropping" Tom Brady if you think Garoppolo could take the team next year just because you once cast aside a good but not great QB for a 6th round draft.

Depends on what u were offered for brady. Nit sure if brady has a trade veto clause, he prob does.....but if some team came out of their pockets for brady, like if the browns gave their #1 next year, bye tom

20 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

Depends on what u were offered for brady. Nit sure if brady has a trade veto clause, he prob does.....but if some team came out of their pockets for brady, like if the browns gave their #1 next year, bye tom

I don't think there is a QB in this draft that the Patriots would value over Brady.

I wonder if Belichick is going to ride off into the sunset when Brady hangs them up, so he's not terribly concerned about the future of the Patriots QB position.

He's always struck me as someone who really wouldn't care about setting the Pats up beyond his run.

3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I wonder if Belichick is going to ride off into the sunset when Brady hangs them up, so he's not terribly concerned about the future of the Patriots QB position.

He's always struck me as someone who really wouldn't care about setting the Pats up beyond his run.

I think even though we will lose a great (for me the GOAT) QB, I'm intrigued to see a post-Brady era with Bellichick as coach in the Patriots. 

Even Matt Cassel looked great in 2008.

14 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Agree.  I think that is what will happen.  

As for setting the Pats up for the future....I do think that is why Josh McDaniels (who was born about a mile from where I sit)....is being groomed for that.  That is why I think he has not seriously considered any other HC jobs.   (and why....despite some speculation...I doubt that he will come here next year as HC)

18 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

There probably is a good possibility, Bill is 65.

On 11/6/2017 at 6:48 PM, nickers said:

But.. The Browns would've looked like they were trying...

I doubt there is a lower bar in existence than this one of yours.

4 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

I doubt there is a lower bar in existence than this one of yours.

Well maybe your satisfied with this Sheet show.. I'm not

4 hours ago, nickers said:

Well maybe your satisfied with this Sheet show.. I'm not

lol.... not exactly news there. What was news is that "trying", a/k/a a participation trophy, is now all you are looking for.

It's hard to look beyond the record, see the progress and the promise of more to come. Kinda like those images popular in the 90's where a 3D image is buried a layer deep in what on the surface appears to be a pattern of colors.

Be careful... he bites.

Stereogram_Tut_Random_Dot_Shark.png

10 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

lol.... not exactly news there. What was news is that "trying", a/k/a a participation trophy, is now all you are looking for.

It's hard to look beyond the record, see the progress and the promise of more to come. Kinda like those images popular in the 90's where a 3D image is buried a layer deep in what on the surface appears to be a pattern of colors.

Be careful... he bites.

I'm pretty sure those are tire treads which is what we look like after every run-over loss.:D

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I'm pretty sure those are tire treads which is what we look like after every run-over loss.:D

looks like the image of woodstock to me.. but then I'm legally blind in My left eye.. :P

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Be careful... he bites.

Hallucenogenic Toreador?

(one of my favorite paintings....use to be on display at the Dali Museum in Beachwood....but since long move to St. Peter Fla.

On 11/13/2017 at 9:40 AM, nickers said:

looks like the image of woodstock to me.. but then I'm legally blind in My left eye.. :P

Snoopy's bird?

Stereovision is kinda a prereq for this "art"...

Then it was a brilliant opening to a negotiation.

I can't help but wonder whether Hoyer's subsequent release wasn't part of the deal so NE did not end up with his SF contract. Pretty sure that would violate a league rule...

27 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Then it was a brilliant opening to a negotiation.

I can't help but wonder whether Hoyer's subsequent release wasn't part of the deal so NE did not end up with his SF contract. Pretty sure that would violate a league rule...

What!!  The Patriots being involved in violating league rules.    Why...How Dare you suggest that such a thing could ever happen.   Where on Earth do you acquire any suspicion that the Patriots may be involved in cheating?

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

What!!  The Patriots being involved in violating league rules.    Why...How Dare you suggest that such a thing could ever happen.   Where on Earth do you acquire any suspicion that the Patriots may be involved in cheating?

It isn't really cheating per se. It's just skirting.:wub:

A Brady note...

There was a tight shot of him in the huddle during the SNF game vs. Denver. His eyes were effin' ablaze... to level I've not seen in any QB in a long, long time.

The guy just may play forever.

Singletary had LB eyes and Brady definitely had killer QB eyes against Denver. Even uncorked on one of his receivers to get it right when they got back to the sidelines. He even showed it when the D made a great play. The guy is just supercompetitive on every level.

24 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

A Brady note...

There was a tight shot of him in the huddle during the SNF game vs. Denver. His eyes were effin' ablaze... to level I've not seen in any QB in a long, long time.

The guy just may play forever.

Well, if you are telling us that he went to the crossroads and made a deal to be possessed by a demon in return for his soul....I can believe that.  Wins 5 SBs,  has the hottest wife going.  Sure...its a possibility.

tumblr_mbtw9fgLOX1qb5zvm.png

Archived