Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Ghoolie said:

They are also bringing in JD Powers and Associates

 

 

And the JD Stamps Quartet!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Apparently a loaded 4-12.   Casey Kasem started a lot of games for them and when Goff started at the end of the season he looked as lost as any rookie QB ever has.   The turn around has nothing to do with a whole new coaching staff allegedly.

Definitely not. And the Browns couldn't possibly find a better coach than Hue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mark O said:

Apparently a loaded 4-12.   Casey Kasem started a lot of games for them and when Goff started at the end of the season he looked as lost as any rookie QB ever has.   The turn around has nothing to do with a whole new coaching staff allegedly.

Yes, they were a loaded 4-12. You probably attribute the Cowboys turnaround from 2015 to 16 to the fact that they hired a new ball boy or something too. 

8 hours ago, stillmotion said:

The Rams were 4-12 last year

Yeah, they had bad coaches. That was clearly evident because their team showed its talent despite the record. My point is and has been that you have no idea how good or bad our coaches are because we don't yet have experienced talent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, wargograw said:

My point is and has been that you have no idea how good or bad our coaches are because we don't yet have experienced talent. 

weak argument. we've lost 4 games by the number 12 combined. Herm Edwards said that, you know, one of the guys you said doesn't do "research" on the Browns or understand Sashi's brilliant equation of a process. I guess Sashi is too smart and more of a football guy than Herm is. If Hue was a better coach, we would've won at least one of those four games.

Only a weak coach would lose ALL of them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, wargograw said:

I hear ya, there’s just no comparison between the two situations. The Rams have been and are loaded. 

Why is that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 11:06 AM, The Gipper said:

 

So...perhaps think of it this way:   The Haslam's are like the Rooney family.   The older generation didn't do so well with that team......for 40 years they sucked under Art Rooney....but then the younger generation...Dan Rooney...took over...and they became a dynasty. 

 

Not exactly. Art Rooney turned the reins over to Dan after the Steelers had won their first Super Bowl.

The seeds of the dynasty were already planted before Dan took over...the familiar names...Bradshaw, Greene, Lambert, Ham, Franco, Greenwood, Blount, Webster, Swann were on the roster.

Mike Webster was a rookie back up, and Lynn Swann was relegated to special teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, StinkHole said:

Not exactly. Art Rooney turned the reins over to Dan after the Steelers had won their first Super Bowl.

The seeds of the dynasty were already planted before Dan took over...the familiar names...Bradshaw, Greene, Lambert, Ham, Franco, Greenwood, Blount, Webster, Swann were on the roster.

Mike Webster was a rookie back up, and Lynn Swann was relegated to special teams.

I suspect Dan was heavily involved in bringing in those names....even if he hadn't "taken over" yet. .  I assume he was groomed to take over and had a long affiliation with the team before doing so.  I mean, Dan wasn't the prodigal son who had been lost in the wilderness for years, and all of a sudden comes back to town and says "Hi Dad....give me control of your team". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I suspect Dan was heavily involved in bringing in those names....even if he hadn't "taken over" yet. .  I assume he was groomed to take over and had a long affiliation with the team before doing so.  I mean, Dan wasn't the prodigal son who had been lost in the wilderness for years, and all of a sudden comes back to town and says "Hi Dad....give me control of your team". 

No argument with any of that, its just that  your statement can be easily be interpreted as Dan creating a dynasty AFTER he took over.

for 40 years they sucked under Art Rooney....but then the younger generation...Dan Rooney...took over...and they became a dynasty. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, StinkHole said:

No argument with any of that, its just that  your statement can be easily be interpreted as Dan creating a dynasty AFTER he took over.

for 40 years they sucked under Art Rooney....but then the younger generation...Dan Rooney...took over...and they became a dynasty. 

 

Well...it may still be accurate in a couple of senses.....I mean...what constituted "taking over"?  Dan may have de facto "taken over" a few years before it was official.

And, even by your own recollection of things.....Art was only in charge for one of those titles.   One  or two titles does not a dynasty make.  If Dan was in charger for the next 3, then, semantically....the Steelers did not become a dynasty  until after he took over. Fair to say?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, stillmotion said:

weak argument. we've lost 4 games by the number 12 combined. Herm Edwards said that, you know, one of the guys you said doesn't do "research" on the Browns or understand Sashi's brilliant equation of a process. I guess Sashi is too smart and more of a football guy than Herm is. If Hue was a better coach, we would've won at least one of those four games.

Only a weak coach would lose ALL of them

Hue Jackson is in way, way, over his head. Nice guy, but really he is a Division 1 AA caliber talent. The sooner Haslam pulls the lever of the Sloan Valve, the better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/9/2017 at 3:12 AM, stillmotion said:

weak argument. we've lost 4 games by the number 12 combined. Herm Edwards said that, you know, one of the guys you said doesn't do "research" on the Browns or understand Sashi's brilliant equation of a process. I guess Sashi is too smart and more of a football guy than Herm is. If Hue was a better coach, we would've won at least one of those four games.

Only a weak coach would lose ALL of them

So we're really close to breaking through? Yet you want to demote Sashi right? Please explain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, wargograw said:

So we're really close to breaking through? Yet you want to demote Sashi right? Please explain.

Breaking through? No we're close to being borderline as good as any of these other "football guys" teams have been. You know, 5-11, or 4-12. We're 0-8 though, which is much worse. I don't get how you guys have it in your head that it's a fact we'll be an amazing team and winning like crazy in a few years from now with our current F.O. making the draft picks and a 1-23 coach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We don't. Now, I don't get how you guys have it in your head that it's a fact we'll be an amazing team and winning like crazy next year with "a football guy" making the draft picks and some bum coach off the street.

Works both ways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, wargograw said:

We don't. Now, I don't get how you guys have it in your head that it's a fact we'll be an amazing team and winning like crazy next year with "a football guy" making the draft picks and some bum coach off the street.

Works both ways.

Would you hire a lawyer and a pitcher to take your wisdom teeth out, or would you pay a dentist?

I think the dentist would do better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, stillmotion said:

Would you hire a lawyer and a pitcher to take your wisdom teeth out, or would you pay a dentist?

I think the dentist would do better. 

For wisdom teeth? Haslam would hire a dumb waiter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, stillmotion said:

Would you hire a lawyer and a pitcher to take your wisdom teeth out, or would you pay a dentist?

I think the dentist would do better. 

I was actually thinking the same thing last night...

Cancer still kills people by the thousands upon thousands every year, despite scientists and doctors working to cure cancer for generations.

By wargo's logic, he'd replace the scientists and doctors with plumbers. IT DIDN'T WORK BEFORE WITH SCIENTISTS AND DOCTORS!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

I was actually thinking the same thing last night...

Cancer still kills people by the thousands upon thousands every year, despite scientists and doctors working to cure cancer for generations.

By wargo's logic, he'd replace the scientists and doctors with plumbers. IT DIDN'T WORK BEFORE WITH SCIENTISTS AND DOCTORS!

Well if you hire plumbers there is less trouble flushing the whole thing down the toilet if the current W/L ratio continues next year.;)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Well if you hire plumbers there is less trouble flushing the whole thing down the toilet if the current W/L ratio continues next year.;)

I did not sleep in a holiday inn express last night but I do remember the TV guru's saying that Darnold comes from a blue collar Plummer Family..Well it's either Tool Time or Darnold puts a plunger in it for a year..Enjoy your Trip..      

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  1. Sweet Jesus people... it's a friggin' LaCancera article...
  2. Everyone goes on and on about the import of the QB position. The Rams are proof of the position's import and  how bad QB play (2016) can hold back an otherwise very, very good team... one that was and is better than we currently are. When we solve QB, so will we turn... just not as dramatically.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, stillmotion said:

Would you hire a lawyer and a pitcher to take your wisdom teeth out, or would you pay a dentist?

I think the dentist would do better. 

I might hire two managers to MANAGE my massive team of dentists and help determine the best route, yes. 

 

Did that go the way you thought it would?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wargograw said:

I might hire two managers to MANAGE my massive team of dentists and help determine the best route, yes. 

 

Did that go the way you thought it would?

And if after two years of those "managers" hiring some dentists that performed some of the worst dental procedures in history, you would keep them, believing in the future they might hire better dentists?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And that would be where the analogy breaks off from reality. Right back to the record with no look at the progress. Should have known this wouldn’t be a serious discussion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, wargograw said:

And that would be where the analogy breaks off from reality. Right back to the record with no look at the progress. Should have known this wouldn’t be a serious discussion. 

we've made a little progress, but still not hardly enough in the right direction. Hue is in over his head and we need an OC. Sashi needs a football guy to be in charge of him and Depo, you know, LIKE HE HAD IN JACKSONVILLE. Then we can start talking about progress and we might not lose more than any team has in history in a three year span.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess we could always trade Jimmah's son-in-law for Jared Kushner... :o

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×