Sign in to follow this  
Orion

Houston - our 2nd first round pick

1 hour ago, Nero said:

Well, we can agree that he looked great on the field. But also, no one can guarantee that a player who has already had ankle problems will not have more in the future. Judging if we did well or not drafting him by only 4 games it's quite hasty. If he gets injured every season I guess we won't miss him that much.

Careful there Nero. You're now flirting with Garrett territory on the ankles thing.

Just now, TexasAg1969 said:

Careful there Nero. You're now flirting with Garrett territory on the ankles thing.

Of course. Garrett showed some promise but if he keeps having ankle problems, he won't be a good draft choice. BUT, everyone would have chosen him, and you cannot guess that kind of things. Drafts can be evaluated after some years have passed, but I understand that meanwhile opinions can be throught out there too. 

Houston is going to get a freaking win this weekend and it's so annoying.  They're playing the Cardinals who obviously don't have Carson Palmer, and NOW it appears they won't have their backup either (Stanton).  I literally have no clue who will be playing QB for them, but suffice to say that they probably won't be winning a game in Houston this weekend.  I could be mistaken, but I doubt it.  Houston defense will show up and I'd be completely surprised if the Texans don't win like 16-3 in a total snooze-fest.  

14 minutes ago, Nero said:

Of course. Garrett showed some promise but if he keeps having ankle problems, he won't be a good draft choice. BUT, everyone would have chosen him, and you cannot guess that kind of thing. Drafts can be evaluated after some years have passed, but I understand that meanwhile opinions can be thrown out there too. 

As the people of Spain were nice enough to correct my flaws in Spanish, I now return the favor. FIFY:D

21 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

As the people of Spain were nice enough to correct my flaws in Spanish, I now return the favor. FIFY:D

things and thrown were the corrections? if you don't mark them it is difficult for me to see them! Thanks, lol. 

47 minutes ago, Nero said:

things and thrown were the corrections? if you don't mark them it is difficult for me to see them! Thanks, lol. 

Forgive him, Nero... Ag's married to a grammer Nazi...

26 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

I'm a Spanish grammar nazi myself, so I accept corrections gratefuly!

4 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

Houston is going to get a freaking win this weekend and it's so annoying.  They're playing the Cardinals who obviously don't have Carson Palmer, and NOW it appears they won't have their backup either (Stanton).  I literally have no clue who will be playing QB for them, but suffice to say that they probably won't be winning a game in Houston this weekend.  I could be mistaken, but I doubt it.  Houston defense will show up and I'd be completely surprised if the Texans don't win like 16-3 in a total snooze-fest.  

Going into the season, I was hoping that the Texans wouldn't qualify for the playoffs and their pick would be in the #15-20 range.

They aren't going to lose out the rest of the season, but I can't see them being any better than 6-10 tops. I'll take it gladly.

37 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Going into the season, I was hoping that the Texans wouldn't qualify for the playoffs and their pick would be in the #15-20 range.

They aren't going to lose out the rest of the season, but I can't see them being any better than 6-10 tops. I'll take it gladly.

What a Shmucking noob.

42 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

What a Shmucking noob.

Morons Are Getting Angry, huh?

5 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

You may end up being correct, but look at the standings. The Texans have given up a ton of points.

If anything the assets are in place to be aggressive this year rather than trade back. And that’s what will happen in places  

Picks are great but you have to put them all somewhere....but the FO know this I don’t need to tell them, just you lot. 

5 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

And a victim who does not know how to make that kind of correction with his admittedly poor computer *choke*cough* skills.:P

14 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Yeah, you're right.  I guess it's just annoying that WE couldn't play the Cardinals with their 3rd string QB, LOL.  Not only that, but God forbid we get to play the Texans with Tom Savage at the helm either.  I believe we'd win BOTH of those games.  GRRRRRRRR.

• Haha 1

Well, thanks to the Cardinals, Houston has dropped to the #11 pick in round 1. :(

6 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Man I want two top ten picks

Give it time, the Texans pick most likely will be soon again.

Texans' upcoming schelude:

at Ravens

at Titans

vs 49ers

at Jaguars

vs Steelers

at Colts

Let's say they win vs 49ers and against the Colts. It would put them 6-10. 

With the same record, last year Carolina picked at #8, 2 years ago Chicago at #11, 3 years ago Atlanta in #8...

So it will be a close call. 

1 hour ago, Nero said:

at Ravens

at Titans

vs 49ers

at Jaguars

vs Steelers

at Colts

With the same record, last year Carolina picked at #8, 2 years ago Chicago at #11, 3 years ago Atlanta in #8...

I can see them beating at least 3 and maybe 4 of those teams.

4 hours ago, Nero said:

at Ravens

at Titans

vs 49ers

at Jaguars

vs Steelers

at Colts

And so what if that pick is #11  vs.  #10....or #8...is that going to make our FO any more competent at choosing that player?

4 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I can see them beating at least 3 and maybe 4 of those teams.

2... maybe 3, here...

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

And so what if that pick is #11  vs.  #10....or #8...is that going to make our FO any more competent at choosing that player?

Bingo

Wherever we get Houston's pick we will be trading out of it......it's Sashi FFS

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Obviously not since the two things are completely unrelated.

1 hour ago, darren15 said:

Wherever we get Houston's pick we will be trading out of it......it's Sashi FFS

Quite possible... We'll have our QB... someone else will be squirming about getting theirs.

Sounds like a great set up to me... even did it in my first FP-Mock when I traded down farther than I thought I would for less than I thought it'd take.

It really depends upon how highly you value who is still on your board doesn't it? But I was really close to taking a legacy kid, Orlando Brown.

Orlando Brown Jr. - Wikipedia

Orlando Brown Jr. is a College American football Offensive linemen for the Oklahoma Sooners. Brown is the son of former NFL Offensive tackle Orlando Brown.

• Upvote 1

Houston loses......up to pick #7.   Yeayyyyyy.....