THE BROWNS BOARD

Houston - our 2nd first round pick

Orion

47 minutes ago, Nero said:

things and thrown were the corrections? if you don't mark them it is difficult for me to see them! Thanks, lol. 

Forgive him, Nero... Ag's married to a grammer Nazi...

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Forgive him, Nero... Ag's married to a grammer Nazi...

I'm a Spanish grammar nazi myself, so I accept corrections gratefuly!

4 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

Houston is going to get a freaking win this weekend and it's so annoying.  They're playing the Cardinals who obviously don't have Carson Palmer, and NOW it appears they won't have their backup either (Stanton).  I literally have no clue who will be playing QB for them, but suffice to say that they probably won't be winning a game in Houston this weekend.  I could be mistaken, but I doubt it.  Houston defense will show up and I'd be completely surprised if the Texans don't win like 16-3 in a total snooze-fest.  

Going into the season, I was hoping that the Texans wouldn't qualify for the playoffs and their pick would be in the #15-20 range.

They aren't going to lose out the rest of the season, but I can't see them being any better than 6-10 tops. I'll take it gladly.

37 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Going into the season, I was hoping that the Texans wouldn't qualify for the playoffs and their pick would be in the #15-20 range.

They aren't going to lose out the rest of the season, but I can't see them being any better than 6-10 tops. I'll take it gladly.

What a Shmucking noob.

5 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

Houston is going to get a freaking win this weekend and it's so annoying.  They're playing the Cardinals who obviously don't have Carson Palmer, and NOW it appears they won't have their backup either (Stanton).  I literally have no clue who will be playing QB for them, but suffice to say that they probably won't be winning a game in Houston this weekend.  I could be mistaken, but I doubt it.  Houston defense will show up and I'd be completely surprised if the Texans don't win like 16-3 in a total snooze-fest.  

You may end up being correct, but look at the standings. The Texans have given up a ton of points.

If anything the assets are in place to be aggressive this year rather than trade back. And that’s what will happen in places  

Picks are great but you have to put them all somewhere....but the FO know this I don’t need to tell them, just you lot. 

14 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Yeah, you're right.  I guess it's just annoying that WE couldn't play the Cardinals with their 3rd string QB, LOL.  Not only that, but God forbid we get to play the Texans with Tom Savage at the helm either.  I believe we'd win BOTH of those games.  GRRRRRRRR.

Texans' upcoming schelude:

at Ravens

at Titans

vs 49ers

at Jaguars

vs Steelers

at Colts

Let's say they win vs 49ers and against the Colts. It would put them 6-10. 

With the same record, last year Carolina picked at #8, 2 years ago Chicago at #11, 3 years ago Atlanta in #8...

So it will be a close call. 

1 hour ago, Nero said:

at Ravens

at Titans

vs 49ers

at Jaguars

vs Steelers

at Colts

With the same record, last year Carolina picked at #8, 2 years ago Chicago at #11, 3 years ago Atlanta in #8...

I can see them beating at least 3 and maybe 4 of those teams.

4 hours ago, Nero said:

at Ravens

at Titans

vs 49ers

at Jaguars

vs Steelers

at Colts

And so what if that pick is #11  vs.  #10....or #8...is that going to make our FO any more competent at choosing that player?

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

And so what if that pick is #11  vs.  #10....or #8...is that going to make our FO any more competent at choosing that player?

Obviously not since the two things are completely unrelated.

1 hour ago, darren15 said:

Wherever we get Houston's pick we will be trading out of it......it's Sashi FFS

Quite possible... We'll have our QB... someone else will be squirming about getting theirs.

Sounds like a great set up to me... even did it in my first FP-Mock when I traded down farther than I thought I would for less than I thought it'd take.

It really depends upon how highly you value who is still on your board doesn't it? But I was really close to taking a legacy kid, Orlando Brown.

Orlando Brown Jr. - Wikipedia

Orlando Brown Jr. is a College American football Offensive linemen for the Oklahoma Sooners. Brown is the son of former NFL Offensive tackle Orlando Brown.

On 11/16/2017 at 12:59 PM, Tour2ma said:

Great... another order of hindsight in a soft taco...

i swear to the gods of several religions that I'm tired of defending the notion on this forum that actual rebuilds take time even if every move is perfect..  the goal is to build an annual repeat contender, not a one-trick one-season lucky pony.

Even Seattle hasn't won since they bet the farm on a one year gamble -- a particular interception wouldn't have occurred if Seattle continued to have the league's most expensive OL, like they did the one year they won the trophy.  And they've made the playoffs thanks to defense. Offense decent, defense great, and this year's D injuries are the end. 

Cleveland is aiming higher than that, and that's a good thing.. it doesn't hurt that Seattle's second-round QB is franchise-worthy.

Rosen at the 1, CB1 or WR1 with the Houston pick and/or the trade-down pick later in the first.

23 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

Cleveland is aiming higher than that, and that's a good thing..

It's only a good thing if they have good aim...and aim at the right target(s).  We've seen that this Harvard Think Tank has not done a good job of evaluating collegiate QB talent.  They've given the Eagles and Texans THEIR franchise QB's while drafting Kessler in round 3 (where many figured him for the 5th round) and Kizer in round 2.  Now school is still out on Kizer.  He's got 5 more games to show if he's improving...and with Coleman back (TD dropper) and maybe Josh Gordon (he's been on the street for a loong time) Kizer may have a fighting chance through the air.  

This FO really could use Kizer to wind up being good.....because they, the FO, don't look so good sitting with 1 win in 2 seasons.

I dont hate kizer, but i dont think he's gonna cut it. He's a multi year project. He maybe needed 2 more years at ND THEN conevout and sit on the bench for a year. We cant wait for that. If we had a solid, dependable qb on staff right now that kizer could sit behind for a couple years....ok maybe. We dont. We need to bring in a vet for 1 year contract while rosen or one of the others sits behind him.

On 11/21/2017 at 2:53 PM, Tour2ma said:

Obviously not since the two things are completely unrelated.

Quite possible... We'll have our QB... someone else will be squirming about getting theirs.

Sounds like a great set up to me... even did it in my first FP-Mock when I traded down farther than I thought I would for less than I thought it'd take.

It really depends upon how highly you value who is still on your board doesn't it? But I was really close to taking a legacy kid, Orlando Brown.

Orlando Brown Jr. - Wikipedia

Orlando Brown Jr. is a College American football Offensive linemen for the Oklahoma Sooners. Brown is the son of former NFL Offensive tackle Orlando Brown.

Well, I had to take a look back at the other kiddo we missed on- Clay Matthews. Actually we did ok in the first round, trading with the Jets so they could take Sanchez. Then we eventually took Alex Mack. Where we really screwed up was in the second round (three strikes and you're out) taking Brian Slobiski, Mohammed Massivedrop, and David Racoon (Veikune). 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/texans-offseason-trades-currently-mean-giving-away-two-top-40-picks-in-2018-nfl-draft/      Send Deshawn Watson a Xmas Card yet S. Brown? we May have caught a lucky break here.      

25 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/texans-offseason-trades-currently-mean-giving-away-two-top-40-picks-in-2018-nfl-draft/      Send Deshawn Watson a Xmas Card yet S. Brown? we May have caught a lucky break here.      

The same people that cry about passing on Watson are the ones that complain about Coleman suffering two long injuries in his first two years. 

You never know how well you draft has been until you've seen your draftees some years. If Watson keeps having injuries I guess nobody will complain we passed on him. 

Wentz is another story, because we at least have seen him through 2 seasons and he has shown he's a hell of a player. 

Is there a stat out there showing how draft picks are rated at the time of the draft verses a rating after playing in the nfl?  I am sure it Will show later draft picks being more valuable in the nfl.

Archived