THE BROWNS BOARD

eagles just used their run game to sht all over the Broncos..

Clevfan4life

Wentz only had 200 yds. Obviously played well I think he threw like 4 TD's, but 51 pts wouldn't have happened without 200 yds on the ground from the Eagles. Sht all over the Broncos. Eagles a scary team. You can run for 200 yds on that defense AND have a QB that can throw over the top of you at anytime if you try to sneak up and cheat on the run? Eagles got to be SB fav's right now with a top 5 defense to go along with that balanced Shmucking offense.

Both Went's & Goff's teams put up 51.  But OUR guys said that those two QB's were not worth drafting towards the top of the draft.  Nope.  No need to have either of THOSE bums.

------

As I've said many times, I wanted Wentz.  (I was on a different board at the time)  And when they traded the #2 overall pick away to the Eagles and said that they didn't think that Wentz was going to be a top QB in the league I said, "OK, but you'd BETTER be right."  We needed a QB in the WORST way for more than a decade.  Well, apparently they were wrong and we're winless.  Sashi and his Harvard Think Tank need to be judged by the decisions that they made.  

I thought great defense wins championships. Seems that a good offense used a great defense for toilet paper......... as is always the case

36 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

I thought great defense wins championships. Seems that a good offense used a great defense for toilet paper......... as is always the case

The broncos won the SB with that defense in 2015. Remember that year manning couldnt throw the ball more than 10-15 yds? So the take home is that a great defense ""can" win u a championship if the offense does just enough to help. 

Also, i case u missed it....the eagles have the #2 rush defense in the nfl. Their passing defense is one of the worst. Mull that over a bit

4 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

The broncos won the SB with that defense in 2015. Remember that year manning couldnt throw the ball more than 10-15 yds? So the take home is that a great defense ""can" win u a championship if the offense does just enough to help. 

Also, i case u missed it....the eagles have the #2 rush defense in the nfl. Their passing defense is one of the worst. Mull that over a bit

lmao...they are top 10 in DVOA with respect to pass defense.  Are you using some not in game context stat like total pass yards allowed lmao?? 

5 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

There are two sides to that equation - in all sports - and I rarely see it represented on forums.

You win games by scoring points AND by keeping the other team from scoring points.

MUCH easier in NFL to build a defense to stop the other team from scoring points, especially when starting from scratch and building through draft, as Browns' owner insists.  Too much history shows building from defense up instead of QB down is the shorter path to be competitive.

On this team, Wentz would have been the second coming of Charlie Frye.  Of course, we would have drafted and started in first game, which is another huge mistake.  People would have been calling for his head by 2nd loss last season.  Interesting too,  that at least half of Philly's current offense was already there before Wentz was drafted, so Philly didn't seem to think building from QB down was right approach, as long as we're holding Philly up as 'THE model' to follow.

I would note that we also passed on Joey Bosa with that same pick.  How many people said he would never amount to anything in NFL?

Final thought, since we're focusing on a single game to demonstrate the validity of all our points... Denver gives up 24.8 points/game while scoring  18.8.  Philly gives up 19.9 while scoring 31.4.  Kinda looks like Philly's defense is doing just as much for this team's success as their offense, while the Denver D from 2 years ago is not there any longer.

13 hours ago, BrownPile said:

I would note that we also passed on Joey Bosa with that same pick.  How many people said he would never amount to anything in NFL?

But clevfan ur being an osu boner bosa will never work out in our 3-4 he might not even wirk out in the nfl "period" he's so fuking lazy blah blah blah

yeah ghoolie doesnt want people to rem how he trashed bosa's last year at osu. Wouldnt acknowledge the dude was reg double teamed and sonetimes triple teamed. Lemme check here bosa's numbers this year.....ahhh, he's 5th in sacks. Has .5 more sacks than von miller. God what a bum

Archived