THE BROWNS BOARD

Too Early For Christmas Wishes?

Ghoolie

As frustrating as things have been for us, if you are anything like me, is really irritating, upsetting, whatever the adjective you use, I hate not having Browns football on Sunday. On my trip to put my Mom away I went to my old neighborhood, Broadview, only to find my childhood house was leveled. As I drove around now dilapidated Youngstown and thought back to the good old days, a lot of what I recalled involved friends-family-Browns, and Ghoulardi, too.

As I read posts here, if we are being honest, whether we believe the rebuild is working, or we believe this is another total schidt regime, we can provide enough evidence to justify our side of the debate. It is beyond reasonable thought to explain how this franchise got to the point it is now. If you are old enough to remember Sipe and Bernie football, then you remember holidays dripping with SB hopes and everyone glued to the TV. Suffice to say, everyone wishes for that again. I am sick of the NFL, sick of the Steelers and Ravens, and sick of Browns jokes, even when it is us making them.

As I prepare for my first Christmas without my Mom, I am going to ask for my own present list.

I want Hue to just let Kizer play. Correct the kid after the game but send the signal to EVERYONE, he is the man. Yeah, maybe it's too late, but whatever this kid can be, we sure as hell deserve to find out now, rather than after he is cut, traded and finds success elsewhere. The only other thing I want is for these pooper players to love the Browns as much as we do. That's all it will take. 0 - 8, not just because we don't have talent, some of it, maybe 3 games, maybe 4, had more to do with just plain heartless, passionless playing.

Someone besides us needs to give a schidt. Before rebuilding, before wins, before anything, people in this organization need to start giving a Sheet and being embarassed by their performance. The God damned team is 1 - 23 under this regime, and here we are, playing Rock em Sock em robots with each other. If everything I ever predicted about these jackoffs turned out to be wrong in exchange for them all giving a schidt, I am okay with it.

A fall Sunday without the Browns sucks finger.

3 minutes ago, Tacosman said:

Id like to see us get rid of our current kicker. 

The kicker.  Yeah, that's it.  That's our big problem.  We've won 1 game in 2 years.  The kicker is the least of our problems.   (sorry to sound like such an a$$ about it Taco)

I would like to see our FO learn how to be a proper FO.  Friggin' Wentz should be our QB and we should be building around him.  Instead we're a total friggin' joke.  As much as I'm no fan of Game-Day Hue, our FO has not been working as hard as he has.  They've made as many bad decisions as Hue has on game days.

New owners, new front office, new head coach ( one that comes with an OC ) , new QB, new RB, some receivers and a new corner....apart from that nothing

People really need to start learning/understanding what they're actually looking at on sundays. Wentz would not be doing in clev what he's doing in philly. We dont gave a viable team to surround him with. Honestly he'd likely not make these Retarded throws that our guys make, but would it translate into an actual win? I mean our wr's are sht and at least last year, wentz would have been staring at  at the cleveland sky most of the time in home games. O line is playing a bit better this year but how quickly you all forget things. All of u wentz sprung buddies would have been calling for his replacement roughly 5 games in last year

Watching our future QB Cousins rally late against Pete Carroll's thugazz team has me excited to open our new Christmas present early. 

Clev, with all due respect I have a couple problems with your tack. I recognize that you are very astute with the technical details of football and I read your posts with great interest and an open mind. Hoewever, the first problem that I have with your perspective of "a lot is going on, there is a lot of progress, but you just don't appreciate it" stance, is that I cannot find many experts who agree with you. Now, I myself have scoffed at the experts, but for the most part, there is not a majority clamor agreeing with you saying that " The Browns are on the right track". Quite the opposite, more and more criticism is coming from the experts and the general mood across the entire NFL culture is that the Browns are a mess. There simply are not very many, if any pundits standing in your boat. I think your boat has sunk, honestly, I do.

Secondly, you have hope and faith of what I call the "almost perspective". You look at a close game, and your point to just a few minor things that could have turned a L into a W, and you make a case that as we improve, as we add players, as we get on the same page, those almost W will eek over the top and start becoming wins.

But life doesn't work that way Clev. I promise you there is a Tennessee fan, who maybe posts as TitsFan4Life who is pointing to the same few minor details that if tightened up could have put a big margin between his team and ours. Almost does not equate to -a win if we just get a little better next time-. your logic assumes that the Browns have the market cornered on drafting new talent, polishing their game,improving the level of their play.

Your belief that the Browns secretly are a much better team than the record shows, just doesn't hold water. It just doesn't. Every NFL team hires experts, and every NFL team can make the case that the team is a lot better than it appears, but the problem is people don't really see what is going on. I admire your views, but I think you live in a pretend world on this one. I am not slamming you for it, we all like to play armchair football exec. This is why Madden NFL, fantasy football etc are so popular, 

I will tell you this. In my 62 years I have learned that football is a really, really, EXTREMELY simple game. It has to be, bro, it is played by simpletons. Seriously, these guys are all a bunch of dub schidts. It is why a smart guy, like Bill B keeps winning. It is easy for him to best the gaggle of goobers that is the NFL. Football is about tackling, passing, catching, running and playing aggressive. That's all it is. That is what separates a champion from a loser.

The Browns are not capable of executing the simple fundamentals that kids master in peepee football. There is no magic point in time where all of a sudden these guys will start catching passes, making tackles, kicks and blocks. There is no magic number of games when all of a suddent Hue becomes a great clock and game manager. There is no fairy dust that is going to make the FO begin taking winners instead of Black Gomer Pyle and Sissy Coleman.

I love the Browns, and I respect your knowledge, but this franchise is not improving, and the record is only a part of the proof,

Archived