Sign in to follow this  
Tacosman

Wentz Goff and Mariotta

5 minutes ago, Tacosman said:

the eagles sure did reach for wentz at 2....

There's a  difference..... our front office didn't think he was going to be good. They missed on a prospect. It happens and I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt at missing once. Trading down and not taking Watson or Hooker did make me mad.... (and please don't try to argue that they're injured now because they suck. they are good prospects). If we trade down next year, I can't justify what we're doing anymore. Honestly I'd be cool if we at least take a quarterback by our second pick in the first round. Barkley and Baker Mayfield is what I want now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

There's a  difference..... our front office didn't think he was going to be good. They missed on a prospect. It happens and I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt at missing once. Trading down and not taking Watson or Hooker did make me mad.... (and please don't try to argue that they're injured now because they suck. they are good prospects). If we trade down next year, I can't justify what we're doing anymore. Honestly I'd be cool if we at least take a quarterback by our second pick in the first round. Barkley and Baker Mayfield is what I want now.

Its a huge miss by the FO to not see the talent he had, but misses like that happen all the time.   I am with you.  Trading down at 12 when you need a QB and you have a really really good QB prospect sitting there, trading down is a bad move.

1 minute ago, stillmotion said:

There's a  difference..... our front office didn't think he was going to be good. They missed on a prospect. It happens and I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt at missing once. 

but that was a sentinel event miss.  Its really a bad call more than anything.  Because you can play the 'miss' game on any number of good players and any number of teams, but this was one of those rare cases where it was really an up or down on a specific player at a specific spot

4 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Its a huge miss by the FO to not see the talent he had, but misses like that happen all the time.   I am with you.  Trading down at 12 when you need a QB and you have a really really good QB prospect sitting there, trading down is a bad move.

And it makes us look Kinda stupid. I have no problem with the Kizer or Kessler picks, but what the heck with the reassurance about them? What is with all the reassurance. Makes us look SO STUPID, like fools for listening to them. Depo's "Wentz isn't a top 20 QB", Hue's "trust me with kessler, he will be great". Hue's "RG3 made the earth shake". All of the Kizer hype. Just calm the heck down, have a bridge quarterback like the Jets are doing with Mccown, and most teams do and let the rookie learn if he isn't ready yet (cough Kizer cough). If Kizer is really their plan but Hue is afraid he'll be fired so benches him at half time, then thats a TOXIC environment to play in. Play the rookie out and let him learn, or figure out something different.

it's official. the browns are one loss worse better than SB champs (of past) NY giants.

but our defense is setting stats!!

goff? scmoff!

39 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

Basically the Browns didn't want to invest in a quarterback that won't work. They didn't want to reach for someone. They'd rather build the team and THEN get a quarterback.

They're doing it different from the standard way, and it might really be effective, or it could fail too, we won't find out till the "plan" is finished.

Every front office fails, but if Sashi and Depo fail to draft or get any reasonable quarterback next year, I think it's fair to say Jimmy will go crazy.

Hopefully the “plan” is finished this off season. Trying to build a team and THEN get the Qb isn’t how it’s done. Teams get good WHEN they have a good Qb. Why does this team always think they can reinvent the wheel?

PLEASE HIRE SOMEONE THAT KNOWS HOW TO BUILD AN NFL TEAM!!!!

16 minutes ago, miktoxic said:

it's official. the browns are one loss worse better than SB champs (of past) NY giants.

but our defense is setting stats!!

goff? scmoff!

Remember, during The Process the organization doesn't care about wins, just gathering more and higher draft picks..... makes ya feel all warm and fuzzy, don't it?  

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, D Bone said:

Remember, the organization during The Process doesn't care about wins, just gathering more and higher draft picks..... makes ya feel all warm and fuzzy, don't it? 

If that’s the process, then they get an A+.

Too bad that process brings you the worst team in the league for 2 years and SHOULD get them all fired

I wonder how he'd perform on this team. Or how Kizer would perform there.

I'm all for building the team then getting the QB

12 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

I wonder how he'd perform on this team. Or how Kizer would perform there.

I'm all for building the team then getting the QB

they dont have a great team bunch of skill players, especially with ertz out as he was today...look at who he threw td passes today to for christ sakes.  

But in terms of how he would perform here, Id say he would perform a heck of a lot better than our crappy qbs now.

How would kizer perform there?  He wouldnt play there because he sucks too bad...

3 minutes ago, Tacosman said:

they dont have a great team bunch of skill players, especially with ertz out as he was today...look at who he threw td passes today to for christ sakes.  

But in terms of how he would perform here, Id say he would perform a heck of a lot better than our crappy qbs now.

How would kizer perform there?  He wouldnt play there because he sucks too bad...

Kizer would be on the bench learning because he isn't ready, and a veteran QB would be playing. Heck even Case Keenum is proving he's light years better than anyone on our roster.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, D Bone said:

Remember, during The Process the organization doesn't care about wins, just gathering more and higher draft picks..... makes ya feel all warm and fuzzy, don't it?  

Dilly-Dilly!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stillmotion said:

And it makes us look Kinda stupid. I have no problem with the Kizer or Kessler picks, but what the heck with the reassurance about them? What is with all the reassurance. Makes us look SO STUPID, like fools for listening to them. Depo's "Wentz isn't a top 20 QB", Hue's "trust me with kessler, he will be great". Hue's "RG3 made the earth shake". All of the Kizer hype. Just calm the heck down, have a bridge quarterback like the Jets are doing with Mccown, and most teams do and let the rookie learn if he isn't ready yet (cough Kizer cough). If Kizer is really their plan but Hue is afraid he'll be fired so benches him at half time, then thats a TOXIC environment to play in. Play the rookie out and let him learn, or figure out something different.

LOL, how more toxic could it get for the Kizer when its public knowledge the Browns were trying to land McCarron?  What's Hue gonna tell him now? 

2 hours ago, Browns149 said:

Hopefully the “plan” is finished this off season. Trying to build a team and THEN get the Qb isn’t how it’s done. Teams get good WHEN they have a good Qb. Why does this team always think they can reinvent the wheel?

PLEASE HIRE SOMEONE THAT KNOWS HOW TO BUILD AN NFL TEAM!!!!

Regarding a talent evaluator, yes. The Steelers had a decent team when they drafted Rothlisberger. Ditto the Texans with Watson. So build the team first can work, but you have to be mighty lucky to have a franchise guy drop in your lap if you're not drafting in the top 5. 

Texans didn’t look to good without Watson today

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

LOL, how more toxic could it get for the Kizer when its public knowledge the Browns were trying to land McCarron?  What's Hue gonna tell him now?

"Welcome to the gridiron of pain."

"Dilly Dilly!":)

Wentz, goff and mariotta

Fa la la lala la la la la

when we drafted, shoulda got one

fa la lala la la la la

now we sit at the bottom

fa la lala la la la la

sung to some christmas tune..

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Tacosman said:

Our WRs are practice squad guys...

I think the Eagles beat that

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Browns149 said:

Texans didn’t look to good without Watson today

That Texans pick could conceivably fall into the top 10. Their defense is banged up and they are going to struggle to outscore people.

Which means the Browns could end up with four picks in the top 40-45.

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

Our WRs are practice squad guys...

I think the Eagles beat that

all the more important to have a good player at qb then....

Wentz would have been second coming of Charlie Frye on this team.  No line.  No one to throw to.  He would have started from first game - big mistake -  and would have had a couple concussions and broken collar bone by now.

Goff couldn't even take a snap from center... can only imagine how that would have gone down in this town...

We also passed on Joey Bosa with same pick,

3 hours ago, BrownPile said:

Wentz would have been second coming of Charlie Frye on this team.  No line.  No one to throw to.  He would have started from first game - big mistake -  and would have had a couple concussions and broken collar bone by now.

Goff couldn't even take a snap from center... can only imagine how that would have gone down in this town...

We also passed on Joey Bosa with same pick,

ask 80% od fans on this board that stated our OL is fine (HA!!!!) (like it was when tim couch got creamed every sunday) but we don't need OL help (HA!!!). our D is playing so good (look at the #s they say) that we won't have to draft anyone on that side of the ball next year so let's just spend all our draft picks or RBs, TEs, WRs and QBS.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tacosman said:

all the more important to have a good player at qb then....

Except that he would suck if he were here. That’s the point. Don’t deflect. The surrounding cast is far, far better in Philly. And in LA. And in Tennessee. People need to shut up about these guys already.