THE BROWNS BOARD

• Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.

mjp28

Just now, Dutch Oven said:

Some reason the Living Room sounds familiar. I went to Alberini's a few times. I worked briefly in the plaza on the corner of 422 and Ridge (I think it was Ridge) 20 years ago.

The LR was classy! My old friend and co-worker Girard Mayor Joe Melfi got pinched by an overzealous statie there, used to pick on politically and mob guys.....dangerous business. (his nephew Jimmy is mayor now)

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Asparagus, with some butter/olive oil/garlic wrapped in aluminum foil and grilled, topped off with some Parmesan cheese? Delicious!

Brussel sprouts, on the other hand, are the devil's dingleberries.

Cook them the same way you do your asparagus and you will give up the Devil's Dicks.:lol:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

There are different slight variations but all are close, Guy always makes good guy food.......hmmmm haven't had one in awhile. 

I'm partial to Philly Steaks but good food is good food.:D

My wife was walking by and checked out this recipe we might try it soon! :)

5 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Asparagus, with some butter/olive oil/garlic wrapped in aluminum foil and grilled, topped off with some Parmesan cheese? Delicious!

Brussel sprouts, on the other hand, are the devil's dingleberries.

ah man i used to think so also until Christmas day someone brought some roasted brussels with bacon over and man they were tasty

9 hours ago, syd said:

ah man i used to think so also until Christmas day someone brought some roasted brussels with bacon over and man they were tasty

I cook Brussels sprouts in a pan with bacon, when tender I add balsamic vinegar and sugar and reduce. . The results is a sweet bacony delight. Seriously people devour it and are amazed they love Brussel sprouts. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

After reviewing all these recipes and cooking tips I feel like I have eavesdropped on a women's bridge party (not that there is anything wrong with that). This is what the Browns have reduced their fan base to. Oprah anyone?:D

GAMEDAY MAN FOOD 》Oprah or the view :lol:

15 hours ago, jcam222 said:

I cook Brussels sprouts in a pan with bacon, when tender I add balsamic vinegar and sugar and reduce. . The results is a sweet bacony delight. Seriously people devour it and are amazed they love Brussel sprouts. 

I'm not shitting you next time add beet's

8 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

After reviewing all these recipes and cooking tips I feel like I have eavesdropped on a women's bridge party (not that there is anything wrong with that). This is what the Browns have reduced their fan base to. Oprah anyone?:D

Ag, you should have been here during the Dark Years when we had no team. The conversations were about anything to pass the time.  :)  Now didn't we have something going on about what rum was the best?  

I suspect the QB arguments this off season will rival those leading up to the 1999 draft. 

12 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Lets take it right down Rachel Ray alley HAHA, So I got this nifty device for Christmas called a Sous Vide Immersion stick. I made chicken breast yesterday that was so moist its hard to believe it was chicken. Tomorrow I am using it to do 8 lbs. of herb crusted prime rib to EXACTLY 138 degrees. Using the sous vide and then reverse searing to give it a nice crust. MMMMM 

3 hours ago, syd said:

fried bologna on white

just working on my post count :}

Fried bologna is a traditional Youngstown area mainstay, on many restaurant menus. I like it occasionally with melted cheese and a good Hungarian pepper.....and mustard and mayo. Ummmmm.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, jcam222 said:

Lets take it right down Rachel Ray alley HAHA, So I got this nifty device for Christmas called a Sous Vide Immersion stick. I made chicken breast yesterday that was so moist its hard to believe it was chicken. Tomorrow I am using it to do 8 lbs. of herb crusted prime rib to EXACTLY 138 degrees. Using the sous vide and then reverse searing to give it a nice crust. MMMMM 

Sous vide immersion stick!? Sounds more like a great dildo to me. Did Oprah recommend it or Jenna Jamison?:lol:

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Why people eat white bread when there's Italian bread easily available is one of life's mysteries...

That's some cracker butt cracker Sheet right there. :lol:

Also a great choice even for a lot of things like fried bologna or even PB&J.....

http://www.schwebels.com/freshly-baked-breads/variety-breads/taliano-bread

This weekend's fare starting today due to me coming home Christmas Eve we cancelled those plans and moved the ham.....in the oven now....to today with a half and half cheese combo I'm my wife's ham and scalloped potato dish which I love and more ham on the side and for ham sandwiches Sunday for the BROWNS season finale........

..........ummmmm, well for the ham not the bologna BROWNS. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well this past weekend we were staying in and having more freezer/oven food. The wife has been retired since April 4, 2017 after her WC shoulder injury so we're eating right (most of the time) plus she's an excellent cook -and- we have a massive cookbook collection. 

It was thick breaded pork chops, stuffing and chopped spinach Saturday/Sunday plus we grilled up some keilbassi for in between meals and keilbassi and eggs for breakfast. Not exactly traditional gameday food but delicious! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tonight's NCAA CHAMPIONSHIP GAME dinner, salad, homemade sloppy joes, corn, black olives, potato chips wine or beer.

This weekend's  GAMEDAY FOODS will probably be Wedgewood Pizza and maybe Philly or maybe even Dutch Oven inspired Chicago Italian Roast Beef Sandwiches.......more work but look goooood (see previous page for recipes). :wub:   Ahhhh the life of a good food and sports junkie.

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

Well this past weekend we were staying in and having more freezer/oven food. The wife has been retired since April 4, 2017 after her WC shoulder injury so we're eating right (most of the time) plus she's an excellent cook -and- we have a massive cookbook collection. 

It was thick breaded pork chops, stuffing and chopped spinach Saturday/Sunday plus we grilled up some keilbassi for in between meals and keilbassi and eggs for breakfast. Not exactly traditional gameday food but delicious! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tonight's NCAA CHAMPIONSHIP GAME dinner, homemade sloppy joes.

This weekend's  GAMEDAY FOODS will probably be Wedgewood Pizza and maybe Philly or maybe even Dutch Oven inspired Chicago Italian Roast Beef Sandwiches.......more work but look goooood (see previous page for recipes). :wub:   Ahhhh the life of a good food and sports junkie.

31 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Talk to Hoorta and he'll give you a decent wine list to go with all that.:D

Talk to war and he'll furnish the whine free.;)

Sloppy Joes? Zinfandel.

Pizza? Beaujolais Nouveau, Dolcetto, or a lesser Chianti.

Philly or RB? About anything red. You're welcome. :)

Just now, hoorta said:

Sloppy Joes? Zinfandel.

Pizza? Beaujolais Nouveau, Dolcetto, or a lesser Chianti.

Philly or RB? About anything red. You're welcome. :)

Sounds good, my wife's the wine conissiour she likes Zinfandel, Pinot Grigio, sangria and other wines my wine is Rinuite Lambrusco or two buck chuck :lol:

I'm more of a good beer conissiour and definitely a cigar aficionado. 

Well with this week's lousy weather forecast we got a jump on things ordering from Wedgewood Pizza, no delivery, at noon on Friday:

The wife made up some tossed salads, honey French dressing and we got three pizzas:

8" plain cheese pizza, have NOT  eaten a  plain in 40+years. 8" Philly cheesesteak and 12" roasted red pepper, mushroom, black olive, extra cheese.....delicious! !

........and the antibiotics have me off of sausage and pepperoni at the moment (gasp!), have never had veggie pizzas in my life, well minus the Philly Steak one which is good but the roasted red pepper and mushroom is really  delicious:D

GO BROWNS! 

53 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Well with this week's lousy weather forecast we got a jump on things ordering from Wedgewood Pizza, no delivery, at noon on Friday:

The wife made up some tossed salads, honey French dressing and we got three pizzas:

8" plain cheese pizza, have NOT  eaten a  plain in 40+years. 8" Philly cheesesteak and 12" roasted red pepper, mushroom, black olive, extra cheese.....delicious! !

........and the antibiotics have me off of sausage and pepperoni at the moment (gasp!), have never had veggie pizzas in my life, well minus the Philly Steak one which is good but the roasted red pepper and mushroom is really  delicious:D

GO BROWNS! 

fixing to head into Portland place called holmens they have the best peanut butter burgers

3 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Stuffed pepper soup is on the stove top as we speak.

never tried that 

they be stuffed with what ?

On 1/8/2018 at 12:08 PM, hoorta said:

Sloppy Joes? Beer..Old Leghumper, Shiner Bock, Conway's Irish Ale 

Pizza? Beer..Shiner Bock, Conway's Irish Ale, Old Leghumper

Philly or RB? Beer..Conway's Irish Ale, Old Leghumper, Shiner Bock

THERE! Fixed it for ya Larry!!!   :rolleyes:

Mike