THE BROWNS BOARD

• Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.

mjp28

Whew... good to know since my data was going on 40 years old... and then visiting in-laws in Cinci I became more of a Metz guy... with a Hudy...

5 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Hey wine boy are you not monitoring your wine list post?

And in what world does a Cleveland Browns fan not know what Hudy is? I don't expect anybody to know what difference which side of the Rhine you live on makes but the preferred drink of one of our enemies? Please.

:mellow:

WSS

Never heard of it.  Of course I lived overseas and not in 'Believeland' most of my life

On 12/4/2017 at 12:58 PM, Tour2ma said:

....My name is Tour and I am here to help...

You mean this Tour?

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/5/2017 at 9:47 AM, mjp28 said:

No BROWNS WEEK 9? Hey no problem we still have to eat, so what's your favorite gameday or just weekend eats?

Dine in or tavern hangout, carryout, favorite rib, chicken, pizza, sandwich, whatever or even cook at home what's up for gameday?

That was post 1...... well my weekend menu looks totally boring now here but word is I might import my old go to..... a good PHILLY STEAK SANDWICH with some amazingly good and affordable  breaded mushrooms and onion rings from The Sandwich Factory here in Austintown, Ohio which is near the rehab place I'm in.

GO BROWNS! And who are they playing this week? #1 should be locked up soon. :D Oh and bowl season kicks off, GO somebody! 

14 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

That was post 1...... well my weekend menu looks totally boring now here but word is I might import my old go to..... a good PHILLY STEAK SANDWICH with some amazingly good and affordable  breaded mushrooms and onion rings from The Sandwich Factory here in Austintown, Ohio which is near the rehab place I'm in.

GO BROWNS! And who are they playing this week? #1 should be locked up soon. :D Oh and bowl season kicks off, GO somebody! 

You got Wedgewood nearby. Better than health food....lol

Well for my return from bland food hospital tour it looks like Wedgewood Pizza Sunday for the BROWNS game and yes a pot roast for Christmas Monday......ummmm.

• Upvote 1

How about REAL eggnog? Not that swill they sell either.

In a blender, 2 farm fresh eggs, 3 tablespoons sugar, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg and a teaspoon real vanilla. Blend the daylights outa this then add 2 cups milk. Blend more. Then add at least half an ounce of booze.  I use and like Capt Morgan spice rum, premium. You can use any booze you prefer. It's best with 4 ounces of booze but that is entirely up to you. You can also use cream or half and half. I use 2% milk. Good stuff if you like true eggnog.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

How about REAL eggnog? Not that swill they sell either.

In a blender, 2 farm fresh eggs, 3 tablespoons sugar, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg and a teaspoon real vanilla. Blend the daylights outa this then add 2 cups milk. Blend more. Then add at least half an ounce of booze.  I use and like Capt Morgan spice rum, premium. You can use any booze you prefer. It's best with 4 ounces of booze but that is entirely up to you. You can also use cream or half and half. I use 2% milk. Good stuff if you like true eggnog.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄

Add in Gosling's Black Seal Bermuda Black Rum and there you have it. Or El Dorado 12 y.o. Demerara rum from Guyana. Yummmmmy!

10 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Add in Gosling's Black Seal Bermuda Black Rum and there you have it. Or El Dorado 12 y.o. Demerara rum from Guyana. Yummmmmy!

Washington preferred whiskey in his. It's all about what YOU like. A sipping booze is a waste to me. You have a lot of overpowering flavors to appreciate a sipping type of rum. IMO anyway. 

On 12/23/2017 at 3:07 AM, mjp28 said:

Well for my return from bland food hospital tour it looks like Wedgewood Pizza Sunday for the BROWNS game and yes a pot roast for Christmas Monday......ummmm.

Oh BTW I did have my Wedgewood Pizza Sunday, a really good veggie pizza (gasp) roasted red peppers, mushrooms, extra cheese and a small Philly Steak pizza all that my gut, still on antibiotics could handle.....really good. 

For Christmas my wife got out the Dutch Oven (no relation to the Dutch Oven here :lol:) and made a one pot meal, a select pot roast (better meat about $20) with carrots, onions and thick mashed potatoes and grilled asparagus on the side. Really delicious and great roast beef sandwiches later.......maybe a new holiday tradition now. Ummmmmm. 

1 minute ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Asparagus, greatest gag food known to man, is even gaggy-er out of the can. We need the tavern throw up icon here.:P

Asparagus sprayed with olive oil maybe a few spices on the grill add salt when done.......a deliciously good side dish in classy restaurants or backyard grills my friend.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Asparagus sprayed with olive oil maybe a few spices on the grill add salt when done.......a deliciously good side dish in classy restaurants or backyard grills my friend.

Only if you wash it down with Ghoolie's Zaya maybe.:P

Just now, Dutch Oven said:

Asparagus, with some butter/olive oil/garlic wrapped in aluminum foil and grilled, topped off with some Parmesan cheese? Delicious!

Brussel sprouts, on the other hand, are the devil's dingleberries.

You want good fresh asparagus to start the toppings just add to the unique flavor......so shut up Johnny and eat your asparagus! 

Brussel sprouts also  grilled or wrapped not bad just don't let them dry out. I can eat almost anything  (minus antibiotics ).

Roast beef sandwiches with the Italian spices, from the Food Network and Guy Fieri's recipe. 

Ingredients

• 4 pounds top round with fat cap
  • 3 tablespoons Italian seasoning
  • 2 tablespoons salt
  • 2 tablespoons fresh cracked black pepper
  • 1 teaspoon cayenne
  • 1 tablespoon paprika
  • 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
  • 3 tablespoons bacon fat, or canola oil
  • 3 yellow onions, chopped
  • 1 cup garlic, whole cloves
  • 1/2 cup red wine
  • 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 cup beef stock
  • 2 bay leaves
  • 6 sourdough baguette rolls halved, toasted
  • 1 cup chopped giardiniera vinaigrette vegetables
  • 1 cup jarred red sweet peppers

Directions Rub meat with dry ingredients, cover and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.

Preheat oven to 275 degrees F.

Add meat to a roasting pan with bacon fat, add onions and garlic, saute for 15 minutes, deglaze with wine, and add Worcestershire sauce, beef stock and bay leaves.

Place roasting pan in the oven and cook for 3 hours, uncovered, or until an instant-read thermometer registers 135 degrees F in center. Remove, let cool, then slice very thin.

Cool broth in roasting pan and remove the fat that rises to the top. Strain.

Reheat the broth, and add the sliced meat. Place some meat on each toasted roll, ladle with some broth and top with giardiniera vegetables and red peppers.

Episode: Poker Night
SHOW MORE
  • Upvote 1

Have I told you lately mjp that you are the man? :lol:

I got hungry just reading that! Definitely going to try it. (I can already make a mean meatball sub!)

There are different slight variations but all are close, Guy always makes good guy food.......hmmmm haven't had one in awhile. 

I'm partial to Philly Steaks but good food is good food.:D

I've watched Phillies games on ESPN over the years, and inevitably they'll show some guy making cheese steaks from Geno's or the place across the street from them whose name I can't remember and I swear I almost jump in my car and drive six hours to Philly!

When I started at YSU in 1968, Tony's Hideaway  (upstairs from the classic The Tomb) the cook made a killer Philadelphia style steak and my love of Philly's and football was born.......quick substitute a Wedgewood or other Philly pizza.

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

What was the name of the mob-ran restaurant on 422 in Niles (I think) that was a mob hangout in the 70s and 80s? The owner and GM of my work years ago were reminiscing about it, but I can't remember the name. Where was it exactly?

Which one? 422, El Rio, Living Room, Alberini's, Flamingo among others.....the strip was fabulous and I lived a few miles from it.