mjp28

Favorite GAMEDAY food?..... Dine in, carryout or make at home.

Anybody going to or hosting a Sunday or Monday night tailgating party? What's cookin'?

Cooking ahead since we have Sunday games to watch and no Browns until Monday night.Like usual fired up the smoker. Did some sugar free  sweet hot dry rub wings , two boneless turkey breasts injected with butter, broth and a little rub mix and then rubbed and lastly a small brisket point with coffee cocoa rub. All smoked with lump oak charcoal and for wood some cherry 

Going to chill the breasts to close to frozen and use the slicer to make lunch meat 

wings.jpg

brisket slice.jpg

brisket.jpg

turkey2.jpg

turky 1.jpg

• Like 1

I just had my supper at 8 pm pasta and meat sauce, green beans, roll and nice oatmeal with raisins cookie.....not bad for hospital cooking!

.......but not exactly GAMEDAY cooking.  ;)

I am NPO tonight surgery either Monday or Tuesday will find out tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

grasshoppers? those are supposed to be only eaten with the head, legs removed etc, then fried....

which I have never tried, btw.

4 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

grasshoppers? those are supposed to be only eaten with the head, legs removed etc, then fried....

which I have never tried, btw.

You’re probably right. But in dicksburg they tend to eat things you and I would call “bait”

• Sad 1

I'm not gonna gross you out, but you can find a youtube on killing, cooking and eating dog in Vietnam. It's actually quite tasty I confess. And as that video says they look at it no differently than Texans do raising, killing and eating cattle or pigs. My hosts tried to trick me by not telling me what they were serving me, but I could tell by the grins when I was eating it that they were up to something. I think they wanted to see if I would throw up once I knew what I had eaten. But believe me duck blood pudding is far worse.  Yum Yum!!😛😋

My GAMEDAY meal tonight at 7 pm a nice turkey dinner, smashed potatoes, fresh corn, vanilla pudding and coffee.

Moved my left hip surgery to clean up the infected areas up to this Monday at 10 am spent 1hour 15 minutes under the knife and drill I guess all went well.  :)

.......now the rehab!

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, mjp28 said:

My GAMEDAY meal tonight at 7 pm a nice turkey dinner, smashed potatoes, fresh corn, vanilla pudding and coffee.

Moved my left hip surgery to clean up the infected areas up to this Monday at 10 am spent 1hour 15 minutes under the knife and drill I guess all went well.  :)

.......now the rehab!

Rehab is the most important part too. Gotta do it

We did  chili with warm freedom bread. Went KISS

• Upvote 1

One thing is for sure Amazon is a great marketer and advertizer, books on cooking, Akron and Summit County in my email box today.......

Screenshot_2019-09-19_105440.jpg

Screenshot_2019-09-19_105511.jpg

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

One thing is for sure Amazon is a great marketer and advertizer, books on cooking, Akron and Summit County in my email box today.......

Here's all you need according to the vast majority of LSU and Saints fans. ☠️😋

https://www.cajuncookingrecipes.com/wildgamerecipes/wildgamerecipes_armadillorecipes.htm