THE BROWNS BOARD

• Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.

mjp28

Any GAMEDAY meals planned for Saturday or Sunday?

We might go with our old favorite WEDGEWOOD PIZZA for one day and grilling for the other.

8 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

You just asked this question and we just went over this.....just read the last couple of pages.  Yes I know.

That was for labor day and a look ahead for this week.

This is our plan for GAMEDAY this week.  ;)

On 9/6/2019 at 6:26 PM, flyingfooldoug said:

I’m speechless

634CCC9D-331B-495F-9EB4-994CEF6F43D7.jpeg

Mine's a big kelbassi.  :lol:

That's an idea for some grill food soon but I think we're going with the Wedgewood Pizza this Sunday.

5 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Mine's a big kelbassi.  :lol:

That's an idea for some grill food soon but I think we're going with the Wedgewood Pizza this Sunday.

It's  going to be Ed's  pizza (can't remember where from) at the Board Tailgate.  Dayton's  finest Bad Juan margaritas  in honor of  Stan, #73 Joe Thomas Great  Lakes beer, and the traditional Orange Stuff (authentic orange curacao) for pre game  shooters.  :)

34 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Well it appears the best place in town for me to watch all the NFL games including the Browns is Buffalo Wild Wings. So wings and a Guiness it is. Damn AT&T and their $299 Sunday Ticket.

Get you a glass of your favorite draft lager then add a shot of Stout to it. Pleasant surprise 

Grilling some wings and having the old man over! I've got some great Florida beer called Reef Donkey (American Pale Ale, not as hoppy as the IPA's), some Xanax just in case (kidding...maybe), and all my Browns apparel ready to go. 

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Well it appears the best place in town for me to watch all the NFL games including the Browns is Buffalo Wild Wings. So wings and a Guiness it is. Damn AT&T and their $299 Sunday Ticket.

Hell, it would cost you more than that to see one game in person.

5 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Gotta scratch BV chicken today.  I got a nice bowl of fresh Walleye and Yellow Perch compliments of beautiful Lake Erie to fix up.

Oh yes Lake Erie's best walleye and some yellow perch. Do you fillet and bread them and fry or grill?

26 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Oh yes Lake Erie's best walleye and some yellow perch. Do you fillet and bread them and fry or grill?

I use powdered ritz crackers for a very light breading. Fry golden. And I’m very careful cleaning fish. No bones. But for mild whitefish, I love the ritz breading. Add a pinch of Old Bay if you like. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Hell, it would cost you more than that to see one game in person.

In the past to keep you as a customer with Direct TV with an expired contract, they were always willing to give Sunday Ticket in exchange for another two year contract. AT&T are gold miners who could give a shit about customer retention. F 'em!

Oh God it just hit me my GAMEDAY meal this Sunday and Monday will be hospital food again!

Well the hospital I will be in isn't too bad for meals......for hospital food. (see the Barber Shop forum for details)

GO BROWNS, just do it baby!

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

Oh God it just hit me my GAMEDAY meal this Sunday and Monday will be hospital food again!

Well the hospital I will be in isn't too bad for meals......for hospital food. (see the Barber Shop forum for details)

F the hospital-get a pizza delivered.🍕😛

1 minute ago, TexasAg1969 said:

F the hospital-get a pizza delivered.🍕😛

Hmmmmm, but Monday I might be NPO......I'm sure my surgeon will love that.  :lol:

8 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Good luck and get well soon. 

Grandkids this weekend. Honey crisp apple fritters it will be. The apple crop is bountiful this fall

• Upvote 1

mjp28   and a Good Luck, and get well soon to our Browns Brother.. btw.. Jake knows of a place with worse food..

but the hospital fake scrambled eggs & boxed potatoes do suck>>> request them to find a real farmer 🤠       

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Here's to a speedy recovery mjp - we'll be here waiting for you. 

Oh yeah I know the procedure and all of that but I have to strap it up again, but a famous quote comes to mind:

Sergeant Hulka : I'm getting too old for this shit.   

• Upvote 1

SO what are you guys having for GAMEDAY meals?

I will probably have some mystery meat with mashed potatoes and yellow gravy Sunday and probably jello for MNF........yum.

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

SO what are you guys having for GAMEDAY meals?

I will probably have some mystery meat with mashed potatoes and yellow gravy Sunday and probably jello for MNF........yum.

I'm thinking of maybe opening a bottle of Cabernet so I can either celebrate with it or commiserate with it. Add a nice steak on the grill should just about top it off. Maybe add some of my world famous fresh green beans cooked with chopped bacon and store bought tater salad (I'm too retired to make my own).😋

24 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I'm thinking of maybe opening a bottle of Cabernet so I can either celebrate with it or commiserate with it. Add a nice steak on the grill should just about top it off. Maybe add some of my world famous fresh green beans cooked with chopped bacon and store bought tater salad (I'm too retired to make my own).😋

I was smoking pork butts last weeeknd and threw  a batch of green beans with chopped bacon, candy onion , a touch or Parmesan and chicken broth in with them. They were insanely good. 

• Upvote 1