THE BROWNS BOARD

• Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.

mjp28

40 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I reserve that activity for the cheerleader thread.

Don't judge me until you hit 72. 😂

Ok, you ol' pervert...I'M 72, so consider yourself judged!!  :P:lol:

21 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

That looks beautiful jcam. 

I might have licked my laptop screen. 

Don't judge me. 

Thanks Dutch, I love cooking. Have been working on my food presentation skills. I’ve got it in my mind food is in my semi retirement plan hopefully sooner than later lol

• Upvote 1

PIZZA ~~~~~~ FOOTBALL ~~~~~~ GAMEDAY FOOD! Not busy this weekend?  (It's less than 2 miles from my house.)

Screenshot_2019-03-19-17-59-19.png

Screenshot_2019-03-19-18-00-24.png

We are having broiled or grilled (not sure yet) tuna patty melts with probably American cheese on Jewish rye for Friday's NCAA MM basketball 

Retirement cooking is nice.  :D

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

We are having broiled or grilled (not sure yet) tuna patty melts with probably American cheese on Jewish rye for Friday's NCAA MM basketball 

Retirement cooking is nice.  :D

Tuna with American cheese?              I can't think of a worse combination.             How about just cold asparagus out of a can?                  🤮

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Tuna with American cheese?              I can't think of a worse combination.             How about just cold asparagus out of a can?                  🤮

Goes together great.  Ya'll never had a tuna melt?

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I'd use something better than American cheese on anything, tuna included. That stuff is not cheese, it's yellow cat crap.

It has it's place on a hamburger. Or a grilled cheese. Velveeta is another story, may agree with you there. Though I do have one nacho dip recipe that calls for it.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I'd use something better than American cheese on anything, tuna included. That stuff is not cheese, it's yellow cat crap.

Actually that oooey goooey American or Velveeta cheese does have it's spots because it does melt well like in grilled cheese sandwiches and melts.

BUT I haven't decided yet, we have provolone, mozzarella, pepper jack and some Irish Kerry Gold swiss cheese in the refrigerator.

..........might be a gametime decision real soon!  :P

6 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

And actually my wife wanted to make a tuna patty recipe with eggs, celery, onions, bread crumbs fried about 3 minutes per side then cheese if desired.

I wanted cold tuna out of the can with mayo and onion then melted cheese on Jewish rye.....hey 100,000,000 cats can't be all wrong!

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I ate a ham sandwich, a banana, and a piece of coffee cake while watching the NCAA's yesterday.  And I drank some Dasani water.

I had some ham subs, chips, and white chocolate macadamia cookies perusing 4 games on four different screens at the big party. There was a pig roast involved, as well as a leg of lamb which I didn't partake of. Crummy booze included 20 Y\O bourbon, Hennessy cognac, unlimited bloody marys, 2012 Camus cabernet, and small sips of around 10 similar wines....  The other 50 or so attendees bring stuff that is well out of my price range. 

Damn Belmont let me down.  

8 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I had some ham subs, chips, and white chocolate macadamia cookies perusing 4 games on four different screens at the big party. There was a pig roast involved, as well as a leg of lamb which I didn't partake of. Crummy booze included 20 Y\O bourbon, Hennessy cognac, unlimited bloody marys, 2012 Camus cabernet, and small sips of around 10 similar wines....  The other 50 or so attendees bring stuff that is well out of my price range. 

What was wrong with that booze?

10 hours ago, The Gipper said:

What was wrong with that booze?

Absolutely nothing, it's primarily a wine event, if that's what you mean. Part of it was being responsible on my part having to drive the 12 miles home, and limiting my consumption over an extended period. One of the hosts is a doctor, and he makes sure everyone leaving is capable of driving before he lets them out the door. 

BTW, one of the guys forced me to take a sip of a bloody mary made with ultra hot pepper Dayton vodka. My mouth was on fire, and I couldn't taste anything else for around 20 minutes until the burn subsided. And I'm not averse to occasional habanero stuff- and this was way hotter. EDIT: No wonder- I found out today Gene put a chocolate carolina reaper pepper in the bottle- that sucker is in contention for the hottest pepper in the world. At least 4X hotter than any habanero. 

Plus, it was fresh in my mind we had a St. Patrick's Day triple fatality on I-75 involving a wrong way crash where the perpetrator had beer foaming out of their mouth post crash. Of course, they survived, and the people they hit didn't.  :(  

50 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Haven't been to a pig roast since Hawaii.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, mjp28 said:

And actually my wife wanted to make a tuna patty recipe with eggs, celery, onions, bread crumbs fried about 3 minutes per side then cheese if desired.

I wanted cold tuna out of the can with mayo and onion then melted cheese on Jewish rye.....hey 100,000,000 cats can't be all wrong!

Yes cats eat such delicacies as day old poop dried into anal area fur too.😻

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Yankee's love American cheese.  What do you like, russian cheese?

Italian cheeses. Provolone, Parmesan, Asiago, Mozzarella, and so many more you can't even count 'em. There are some pretty good Spanish goat cheeses out there too.

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Italian cheeses. Provolone, Parmesan, Asiago, Mozzarella, and so many more you can't even count 'em. There are some pretty good Spanish goat cheeses out there too.

I love cheese!!  But my wife despite her good eating habits has an inherited cholosteral issue and has to watch how much she eats.

And a GAMEDAY food idea we occasionally get a three cheese mix for pasta parmesan, asiago, romamo on pasta.......ummmmmm.

I love snacking on provolone but mozzarella is even higher in good for you protein, love it on a fried bologna sandwich.

And cheddar, pepper jack, cojack, colby, swiss on and on........  ;)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mjp28 said:

I love snacking on provolone but mozzarella is even higher in good for you protein, love it on a fried bologna sandwich.

You should try that with slightly fried pepperoni. Yum!

Or just lay it over the top of pepperoni on a handmade pizza rolled out and bake.🤩

Or just go to Pizzza Hut.🍕😂

5 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

One does not need to go to Pizza Hut when you live near so many good family-run pizza joints like the Youngstown-area has! 😉

I understand. I take what they got. But now Bar-B-Q and authentic Mexican food, we got you there.

11 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I bet! I'm curious how Texas BBQ differs from other types of regional BBQ? And I bet the Mexican food is phenomenal down there.

The secret is in the various BBQ sauces IMO. My son has a friend from HS who had full training as a chef and he has developed a really excellent sauce for his all day smoking and he makes a cream corn out of BBQ corn that has very little cream and rivals anyone's potato salad. The meat just falls off his ribs and melts in your mouth. I have never liked cream corn, but his is absolutely exceptional.

As to Mexican food their country is like ours with various kinds of foods coming from different regions of the country. I lot of different kinds to try here just like BBQs.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

One does not need to go to Pizza Hut when you live near so many good family-run pizza joints like the Youngstown-area has! 😉

Pizza Yuck OH NO! (except maybe dire emergencies)   This is today, no papa johns, dominos, etc, etc.......

Screenshot_2019-03-23-11-57-22.png

Screenshot_2019-03-23-11-57-43.png

• Upvote 1