THE BROWNS BOARD

• Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.

mjp28

Wow some serious turkey grill work there jcam.

Remember too guys & gals out there turkey isn't just for Thanksgiving earlier this year the wife got some great turkey thighs from our meat store.  They are really meaty and delicious and can be grilled, baked, fried and I'm sure other ways.

We had them both grilled and later baked which were delicious!! I may have her put a few recipes together.......

.........hmmmm, getting hungry for a big GAMEDAY weekend.  Michigan v OHIO STATE -and- BROWNS v Bengals.

• Thanks 1

Well GAMEDAY FOOD, there's still some good turkey day stuff left for Saturday -and- Sunday it's supposed to be near 50, might grill some Italian sausage maybe some good red and green peppers and some olives to snack on.....yeah that sounds good!

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Our kids were at the other in-laws for T-day, but we have them over tonight for a 20+ pounder. Plenty will be left for the game tomorrow.👍

Sounds great!

Holidays and GAMEDAY done just right, even the low key downsized ones. We've been in this house for 33 years this was the first one ever it was just the two of us. It's been so hectic this year.

But we had plenty of phone calls, emails and texts......and relaxation. :)

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

Sounds great!

Holidays and GAMEDAY done just right, even the low key downsized ones. We've been in this house for 33 years this was the first one ever it was just the two of us. It's been so hectic this year.

But we had plenty of phone calls, emails and texts......and relaxation. :)

LOL! I spoke too soon. Daughter & her family were exposed to stomach flu of some kind on Thanksgiving so we are just bring stuff over for them. Daughter in law works late and our son is going going with her to visit a friend up from the Coast Guard in Austin when she gets off @ 8pm. Best laid plans as they say. At least a grandson is loyally staying for turkey.🦃

On 11/24/2018 at 2:30 AM, mjp28 said:

Well GAMEDAY FOOD, there's still some good turkey day stuff left for Saturday -and- Sunday it's supposed to be near 50, might grill some Italian sausage maybe some good red and green peppers and some olives to snack on.....yeah that sounds good!

Wife, my new grillmaster, is firing up the grill for grilled Sweet Italian sausage on the grill -and- something I haven't had in ages tater tots in the oven, ummmm.

GO BROWNS and grilled sweet Italian sausage sandwiches at halftime.  :D

On 11/24/2018 at 2:15 PM, TexasAg1969 said:

LOL! I spoke too soon. Daughter & her family were exposed to stomach flu of some kind on Thanksgiving so we are just bring stuff over for them. Daughter in law works late and our son is going going with her to visit a friend up from the Coast Guard in Austin when she gets off @ 8pm. Best laid plans as they say. At least a grandson is loyally staying for turkey.🦃

That so called 'stomach flu' is a bitch.  

Saturday GAMEDAY meal Italian sub sandwich with black olives, salsa and corn chips, etc. GO BUCKEYES!

Sunday GAMEDAY it will be 60+ degrees, USDA CHOICE CERTIFIED ANGUS BEEF, BONELESS STRIP STEAKS  out on the grill and they look good plus all the trimmings maybe stuffing and some green veggies plus a Sam Adams Boston lager, GO BROWNS!

• 3 weeks later...

Ok,  an oldie but still the best.  Get a case of your favorite beer. 1 box medium size milkbone dog treats. 1 packet Lipton beefy onion soup mix. Prepare soup as directed and start drinking. When soup boils, add a tablespoon of cornstarch to it and stir till thickened. Pour into a dog dish and chill. This makes a fine dip for dog biscuits. They’re a bit bland. And it seasons them up nicely. The beer helps too. It’s really fun and yes, I’ve eaten many like this. Dill or horseradish go well with it too. 

Fuck dem pussies from Cincinnati, show em how the BIG DAWGS party!!

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

My latest smoker project is going on sandwiches for the game tomorrow. Buckboard bacon, pork butt brined for 2 weeks, applewood / hickory blend smoked , pepper crusted , sliced and vacuum packed. Yielded 20 lbs. plus some Canadian bacon as well. 

31CA9FB8-5B3E-4BCE-A8FC-4482D8DA3936.jpeg

D1F59048-AD84-4DA9-B7B3-D82DA8871D7A.jpeg

4C6E9A33-3783-4EBA-B102-236E945A00CA.jpeg

E3C85C66-17F8-4207-B10C-E14E8030391C.jpeg

DE8671BB-ECB5-4D75-BDED-E79008BE2200.jpeg

Looks great! Where’s the milkbones? At least for game time 

104CEEDB-B470-4144-A24A-FF6541DDBDBE.jpeg

• Upvote 1

You guys are kind of nuts in a DAWG POUND kind of way, GO BROWNS!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~●

For GAMEDAY TODAY we're having cheese, crackers, olives then Italian pork sausage on a bun, I think a Rice-a-roni side dish.

For Sunday still TBD, will decide later today. Christmas is coming, a deluxe beef bourguigon for our 3 pm dinner. Ummmmmmm.

• Upvote 1

Wife got me some special southern self-rising soft-wheat flour. Made bisquits, and finally, I know how to make the best

bisquits ever. I'll make sausage gravy, and I'll have breakfast during the game. I won't have to go to Bob Evans for a long time now.

• Like 1

On 12/22/2018 at 12:50 PM, mjp28 said:

You guys are kind of nuts in a DAWG POUND kind of way, GO BROWNS!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~●

For GAMEDAY TODAY we're having cheese, crackers, olives then Italian pork sausage on a bun, I think a Rice-a-roni side dish.

For Sunday still TBD, will decide later today. Christmas is coming, a deluxe beef bourguigon for our 3 pm dinner. Ummmmmmm.

Oh leftover grilled Italian pork sausage at halfime with rice-a-roni chicken & extra broccoli....ummmmmmm. BROWNS 16-0 halftime better. :)

• Upvote 2

I made some 15 bean soup with a giant, meaty ham hock from the store and some yellow rice. The perfect meal to warm your bones and fill you up. My Pops and I were having a blast with full tummies and good football to watch. And my dog loves her some Papa. 

20181223_151448.jpg

• Like 1

Yesterday, our tailgate was mostly pretty standard stuff (burgers, 'dogs, brats, bacon wrapped smokies, etc) but I made a good sized batch of my beef jerky & it was a hit. We decided it is good luck, so it will be added to standard fare at our future tailgates. Last home game I took bacon wrapped olives which are good IF you like olives, but most of our guests do not, so those are now off the tailgate list.

Mike

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

I made some 15 bean soup with a giant, meaty ham hock from the store and some yellow rice. The perfect meal to warm your bones and fill you up. My Pops and I were having a blast with full tummies and good football to watch. And my dog loves her some Papa. 

20181223_151448.jpg

I thought you might be going to eat the dog.  Are you Korean?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I thought you might be going to eat the dog.  Are you Korean?

Hahahaha. That's my Pops. Not Korean...that dog is way too bitter anyway! 😉

13 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

Yesterday, our tailgate was mostly pretty standard stuff (burgers, 'dogs, brats, bacon wrapped smokies, etc) but I made a good sized batch of my beef jerky & it was a hit. We decided it is good luck, so it will be added to standard fare at our future tailgates. Last home game I took bacon wrapped olives which are good IF you like olives, but most of our guests do not, so those are now off the tailgate list.

Mike

Only aliens do not like olives!! Wrap them in bacon you say??? YUM

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, jcam222 said:

Only aliens do not like olives!! Wrap them in bacon you say??? YUM

When I was a kid, I could go through a jar of 'em. As a saltaholic, that must be the reason. One of my favorite adult beverages is an extra dirty martini Bombay Saphire please (replace the vermouth with olive juice) and extra olives. If they're stuffed, pimentos ruin a perfectly good olive. Blue cheese is nice though.

PS as a saltaholic, it was a really happy day when I discovered soy sauce was essentially liquid salt.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

When I was a kid, I could go through a jar of 'em. As a saltaholic, that must be the reason. One of my favorite adult beverages is an extra dirty martini Bombay Saphire please (replace the vermouth with olive juice) and extra olives. If they're stuffed, pimentos ruin a perfectly good olive. Blue cheese is nice though.

PS as a saltaholic, it was a really happy day when I discovered soy sauce was essentially liquid salt.

I found out about 30 years ago that I run a low sodium......hooray for me.....I like most people love salty stuff. :)

In fact now I can eat almost anything on my diet. Makes GAMEDAY MEALS more fun!

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

And for me olives of either color were in a near 3 way time for guaranteed gag reflex food, both barely beaten out by room temp asparagus out of a can🥫. As an adult I can take the black ones if they are well disguised in a Mexican dip for tortilla chips.🥘

8 hours ago, mjp28 said:

I found out about 30 years ago that I run a low sodium......hooray for me.....I like most people love salty stuff. :)

In fact now I can eat almost anything on my diet. Makes GAMEDAY MEALS more fun!

What you ran 30 years ago is probably not true now.

10 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

And for me olives of either color were in a near 3 way time for guaranteed gag reflex food, both barely beaten out by room temp asparagus out of a can🥫. As an adult I can take the black ones if they are well disguised in a Mexican dip for tortilla chips.🥘

PS- I don't like asparagus either.  :)  

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Someone send hoorta a truckload of Ramen soup! 

Ramen? When I make French Onion soup, I reduce that beef stock down to a silly  level- if you want to talk salt overload. My drunk mushrooms- garlic, butter, white pepper, lots of Gallo XO brandy- with a real healthy dose of salt. :)  

PS the Hoorta had a fine Christmas swilling with some wine appreciative company.  As I like to call them "church wines", because on my retirement budget- they're not replaceable anymore.  For the ladies that don't like red- a 2005 Selbach Oster riesling auslese. We thought it was muy bueno. We just put out trays of stuff like bread, crackers, various cheeses, cappacola, prosciutto, etc no need to do any heavy kitchen stuff. Big wines of the day were a 1990 Chateau Leoville Poyferre, and a 1983 Cockburn vintage port. Both quite yum.  :)   

• Upvote 2