Jump to content
mjp28

Favorite gameday food? Dine in, carryout or make at home.

Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Outside of Ayers Kaserne in Kirchgoens, right outside the main gate was a little shop where they charbroiled brats with a little loaf of bread (braiun)? and pomme ftits.  With the extremlely small pay check I had then I could afford this a couple of times a month.  The brats they have here suck and I can't even eat them.

 

Shmuck all that.. just give me a big pan of Burek and Sarma... I'm good!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BrownsnMopar said:

Chef salad,Fried red potatoes w/onions and mushrooms ,and a two inch thick medium RARE Ribeye!!! 

Caesar occasional chef, BP for me occasional sliced baked with EVOO then add butter and SC,  like a side of mushrooms and of course the ribeye 1 1/4" and medium. ;)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Outside of Ayers Kaserne in Kirchgoens, right outside the main gate was a little shop where they charbroiled brats with a little loaf of bread (braiun)? and pomme ftits.  With the extremlely small pay check I had then I could afford this a couple of times a month.  The brats they have here suck and I can't even eat them.

 

I was lucky to be there when the dollar was like 5:1. Remember beer machines that were the size of toasters stuck on outside wall with endless supply of ‘room temp’ glass bottle beer and a gypsy pizza guy allowed on base ringing a cow bell at 2am with pizza?

(Hindenburg Kaserne, Wurzburg).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing like a bag of longneck clams, some fresh melted butter and bbq chicken with a sweet tater  this time of year. Nobody around here is very familiar with the Clambake thing so we need to do it ourselves.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WEEK 10 NFL, WEEK 11 NCAA and menu not finished yet but probably no pizza this weekend but my games so far:

Saturday noon Michigan State at OHIO STATE on FOX

2 pm YSU at Southern Illinois on WBCB

Sunday 1 pm CLEVELAND BROWNS at Detroit on CBS (if not blacked out locally here for Pittsburgh)

I'm thinking maybe baked or barbecued chicken and the fixens, good for leftovers!  :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/7/2017 at 6:01 AM, flyingfooldoug said:

Nothing like a bag of longneck clams, some fresh melted butter and bbq chicken with a sweet tater  this time of year. Nobody around here is very familiar with the Clambake thing so we need to do it ourselves.

An ice log with 2 people schucking little necks, lemon,  Socktail sauce and Franks hot sauce.... a beer mug straight out of freezer filled with can of Bud, and a baguette to sop up all juices dripped on plate.

Never forget the lobster.

Every year brother...world famous.

 

9F77C428-0510-4468-8491-FA965161F3E5.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, miktoxic said:

An ice log with 2 people schucking little necks, lemon,  Socktail sauce and Franks hot sauce.... a beer mug straight out of freezer filled with can of Bud, and a baguette to sop up all juices dripped on plate.

Never forget the lobster.

Every year brother...world famous.

 

9F77C428-0510-4468-8491-FA965161F3E5.jpeg

Winner winner, chicken dinner! Sounds good. Now I'm thinking breakfast..

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Winner winner, chicken dinner! Sounds good. Now I'm thinking breakfast..

shrimp filled bloodies with spicy green beans.

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/7/2017 at 6:01 AM, flyingfooldoug said:

Nothing like a bag of longneck clams, some fresh melted butter and bbq chicken with a sweet tater  this time of year. Nobody around here is very familiar with the Clambake thing so we need to do it ourselves.

Oh wife stopped in to our local Giant Eagle in boardman ohio, I had told her I was hungry for some clam chowder, well she picked up a container in the deli department  (NOT CANNED!) well it wasn't bad at all. Most all stores have some prepared foods now and some are worth trying especially if you need a quick meal and don't want to eat out of a white or brown bag.

Oh we're still thinking chicken for Saturday probably baked at home, it is going to be an unusually cold week for grilling out! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, mjp28 said:

WEEK 10 NFL, WEEK 11 NCAA and menu not finished yet but probably no pizza this weekend but my games so far:

Saturday noon Michigan State at OHIO STATE on FOX

2 pm YSU at Southern Illinois on WBCB

Sunday 1 pm CLEVELAND BROWNS at Detroit on CBS (if not blacked out locally here for Pittsburgh)

I'm thinking maybe baked or barbecued chicken and the fixens, good for leftovers!  :P

Oh other Saturday  gameday selections:

Saturday, Nov. 11

More interesting games

1 Alabama at No. 18 Mississippi State, 7 p.m., ESPN

 No. 3 Notre Dame at No. 7 Miami, 8 p.m., ABC

No. 8 TCU at No. 5 Oklahoma, 8 p.m., FOX

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Oh wife stopped in to our local Giant Eagle in boardman ohio, I had told her I was hungry for some clam chowder, well she picked up a container in the deli department  (NOT CANNED!) well it wasn't bad at all. Most all stores have some prepared foods now and some are worth trying especially if you need a quick meal and don't want to eat out of a white or brown bag.

Oh we're still thinking chicken for Saturday probably baked at home, it is going to be an unusually cold week for grilling out! 

 

Take the drive to Mentor. Euclid fish co is the place to get fresh seafood

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, miktoxic said:

shrimp filled bloodies with spicy green beans.

I had some crab stuffed lobster tail that needed nothing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, miktoxic said:

shrimp filled bloodies with spicy green beans.

Take one of them fresh shrimps and roll it in a slice of bacon. I use an air fryer for about 10 -15 minutes. Good stuff

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well we decided to clean out the freezer this weekend :

Friday afternoon  had some great big chicken wings we baked from the meat department at Giant Eagle. Baked up some boneless short ribs with peppers, carrots and plenty of onions and had mashed potatoes for Friday night and leftovers for Saturday's games.

Sunday will have turkey breasts and whatever for the BROWNS game,  a cold weather use the oven in the house weekend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well so much for the blacked out BROWNS we're having baked turkey best tonight with potatoes, veggies all of that good stuff.  Damn my wife is an excellent cook.....I'm pretty good too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Week 11 NFL and week 12 NCAA football, what's cooking?

Saturday - oven baked pork chops

Sunday - keilbassi on the grill outside

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're like me when It comes to grilling I see.  I don't care if it's snowing or how cold, I'll grill it up and bring it inside to eat.  Neighbors sometimes think I'm crazy (okay, all the time).  Must be cause I have the Ak and .45 on my waist.  MAGA.

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

You're like me when It comes to grilling I see.  I don't care if it's snowing or how cold, I'll grill it up and bring it inside to eat.  Neighbors sometimes think I'm crazy (okay, all the time).  Must be cause I have the Ak and .45 on my waist.  MAGA.

It's the Ka-Bar in your mouth to test the pink in the steaks that prolly does it.:P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

You're like me when It comes to grilling I see.  I don't care if it's snowing or how cold, I'll grill it up and bring it inside to eat.  Neighbors sometimes think I'm crazy (okay, all the time).  Must be cause I have the Ak and .45 on my waist.  MAGA.

You must be the coolest guy in the whole trailer park. MAGA, indeed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

You must be the coolest guy in the whole trailer park. MAGA, indeed.

That's MAGA sir bitch.  Still stalking me wierdo?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whatever the wife cooks up works for me... Weekends are hers. I cook M-F... excepting the odd "pizza nite" and take out from the best Thai restaurant I've ever eaten at (roughly every other Friday). Their Pork Pa Nang Curry is to die for...

 

Today: Osso buco... she started this batch off with beef shanks from a local, grass fed beef ranch/farm. House is already smelling unbelievable.

 

But if she's taking requests... it's her killer chili. Always has been great, even prize-winning but she started playing with her recipe a couple years ago by adding reconstituted dry chiles (better) and finally smokey paprika (BOOM!). The depth of favor leapt exponentially...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×