THE BROWNS BOARD

• Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.

mjp28

18 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

Jalapeños really vary in hotness. Different strains go from damn near mild to pretty hot. Once you deseed and cook they lose quite a bit of the fire. When I make these even the people who aren't chili heads devour them. Sometimes I stuff the pepper with sausage and cheese and then bacon wrap. 

Removing seeds & veins from jalapenos (or any hot pepper) will "cool" them considerably. Also, the ones gown in the hot, dry southwest will be considerably hotter than those grown around here.

Mike

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Usually jalapenos take a pass through me.:lol:

Just remember to wash your hands BEFORE you take a leak -or- it will become a very memorable experience. :o

The wife made a seafood pot pie today, sounds kind of strange but it was very good! Quite versitile also, this one was primarily shrimp but can be adapted for chicken, turkey or whatever. 

.......will have it leftover  for supper tomorrow for the Indians 4 pm game.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

Few brat fans in here so sharing a lunch I had last week in a German pub in London. 

Overly genrous in portion size, not even Jenna Jameson wants this much sausage 

F41559D7-F2D0-47F6-972D-70EC45E180B9.jpeg

I saw that Paulaner glass & had to comment. I really like their Hefe-Weizen! Reminds me I'll have to pick some up for my Draft Party.

Mike

3 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Can I come 😊

Sure! I'll make you a deal...You pay for your round trip flight over here & I'll pay for the "flights of beers"!  :D(over here, they serve "flights" of 4 different beers at many bars).

Mike

Just now, Canton Mike said:

Sure! I'll make you a deal...You pay for your round trip flight over here & I'll pay for the "flights of beers"!  :D(over here, they serve "flights" of 4 different beers at many bars).

Mike

My kind of bar 

In the ManCave, we'll have Old Leghumper Porter, Paulaner Hefe-Weizen, Shiner Bock, Commodore Perry IPA, Labatt Blue, & Coors Light. If anybody wants anything else, they had better bring it! After all, I'm cookin' too.

Mike

2 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

In the ManCave, we'll have Old Leghumper Porter, Paulaner Hefe-Weizen, Shiner Bock, Commodore Perry IPA, Labatt Blue, & Coors Light. If anybody wants anything else, they had better bring it! After all, I'm cookin' too.

Mike

Oh Labatt's Blue used to be one of my favorites haven't had it in awhile. Definitely a gameday man cave selection of brews! :)

3 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Oh Labatt's Blue used to be one of my favorites haven't had it in awhile. Definitely a gameday man cave selection of brews! :)

Funny story. Our Priest seldom drinks, but has attended the Draft Party every year. The 1st year, he asked for another beer & when I asked him if he had a preference, he said he really liked the stuff in the blue can. I still tease him about that (AND ask him if he wants to try the Old Leghumper), but I always make sure there's always Labatt's here for Father.

Mike

5 minutes ago, Canton Mike said:

Funny story. Our Priest seldom drinks, but has attended the Draft Party every year. The 1st year, he asked for another beer & when I asked him if he had a preference, he said he really liked the stuff in the blue can. I still tease him about that (AND ask him if he wants to try the Old Leghumper), but I always make sure there's always Labatt's here for Father.

Mike

Excellent plus the BROWNS can use all the help they can get.

46 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

I think I’ve had this just the60E41B19-82C9-4DB3-9ED4-B436D1C17186.thumb.jpeg.35acf3d92921cecc3f4f07a4c92dec7f.jpeg once and it was in first energy 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

I think I’ve had this just the60E41B19-82C9-4DB3-9ED4-B436D1C17186.thumb.jpeg.35acf3d92921cecc3f4f07a4c92dec7f.jpeg once and it was in first energy 

It's the beer I drink at 1st Energy, EVERY game.

Mike

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

Mike

You must have Bud Light for the guys who need to say "Dilly, Dilly!" for each player the Browns draft. Besides I have stock in the company and someone keeps screwing up the stock market with his insanity. Need all the support I can get.:D

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

I am going to get some lunch at McDonalds.   What should I get?

Directions to a good place to eat. :lol:

Nice to see you around again Gip.

14 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Directions to a good place to eat. :lol:

Nice to see you around again Gip.

I don't need directions.  I have one of the best ethnic restaurants in NE Ohio just a couple of blocks away.  (Al's Corner Restaurant....look it up).   I have also have what....in some people's opinion some of the best fried chicken anywhere within walking distance.  (look up Barberton Fried Chicken).

Plus, I could walk to Parasson's. Not the best Pizza around...but decent.   And I have Mexican, Chinese,  Greek,  traditional American...plus many more....all withing walking distance or about a mile radius.

But....at how many can I get lunch for $5.00?  

Just now, The Gipper said:

I don't need directions.  I have one of the best ethnic restaurants in NE Ohio just a couple of blocks away.  (Al's Corner Restaurant....look it up).   I have also have what....in some people's opinion some of the best fried chicken anywhere within walking distance.  (look up Barberton Fried Chicken).

Plus, I could walk to Parasson's. Not the best Pizza around...but decent.   And I have Mexican, Chinese,  Greek,  traditional American...plus many more....all withing walking distance or about a mile radius.

But....at how many can I get lunch for $5.00?  

I actually saw Al's in one of our earlier foodie threads, my idea of good reasonably priced food!

For the very occasional McDonald's trips I like fish sandwiches and fries. A lunch for $5 can be a challenge, maybe a BOGO deal?

On 2/15/2018 at 11:40 AM, The Gipper said:

I can walk one block from my office and get the best of this sort of ethnic food in Northeast Ohio:

https://www.alscornerrestaurant.com/al-s-corner-restaurant-1

Oh yeah, here it is.....

Lunch Specials
$7.50 Includes bread and drink.

7 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Oh yeah, here it is.....

Lunch Specials
$7.50 Includes bread and drink.

I am well aware of it.   The thing is....though the food is excellent.....it is fairly heavy.   Almost too heavy for lunch which is why I don't go there as often as I would if they served the same food for dinner.

3 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I am well aware of it.   The thing is....though the food is excellent.....it is fairly heavy.   Almost too heavy for lunch which is why I don't go there as often as I would if they served the same food for dinner.

Out today's light lunch right after the Young & the Restless is soup and sandwiches, ham off the bone with cheese,  lettuce mustard, mayonnaise on light Italian bread. :D

On 4/9/2018 at 10:15 AM, LondonBrown said:

Few brat fans in here so sharing a lunch I had last week in a German pub in London. 

Overly genrous in portion size, not even Jenna Jameson wants this much sausage 

F41559D7-F2D0-47F6-972D-70EC45E180B9.jpeg

8D74DFD0-D613-467E-9BEE-2CB2A074001B.jpeg

When I was stationed in Germany many moons ago, there was a little place right outside the main gate I used to buy a charbroiled Bratwurst, a little hard roll of bread and pomme frits (french fries).  Really good.

18 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Eh on Parasson's... Angie's isn't bad, but not exactly within (easy) walking distance for you in B'town... 

So what is your Barberton Chicken of choice Gip? I'm a Hopocan Gardens guy myself. 

Yes, Angies is much better really than Parasson's.  As for which Barberton Chicken house is better...... I have only been around here for 66 years....and really...they are all the same.  But I probably like the Hopocan facility the best. 

Now....when are you coming up and buying me lunch?  We can go to Al's or Angie's or the White House...or Hopocan.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Yes, Angies is much better really than Parasson's.  As for which Barberton Chicken house is better...... I have only been around here for 66 years....and really...they are all the same.  But I probably like the Hopocan facility the best. 

Now....when are you coming up and buying me lunch?  We can go to Al's or Angie's or the White House...or Hopocan.

What? Dutch buying Gip a lunch? What a cheap bastard.:lol:

• Haha 1

Just now, Dutch Oven said:

Stop distracting me from the fact that you still haven't made the Italian beef sandwiches! 

There's a place down in Canton that makes them, supposed to be top-notch according to the Canton Repository. 

I know I've been on the wife about it but she's still on this casserole kick (but some great meals and leftovers, ummmmm).

I will take pictures when we make it.....and make sure Gipper buys first!

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

Looking forward to the pics! I might have to try my hand at it too...

Chicago style done right is not an easy recipe like a traditional Philly Steak but worth it.....I haven't had one in years.

13 hours ago, mjp28 said:

I know I've been on the wife about it but she's still on this casserole kick (but some great meals and leftovers, ummmmm).

I will take pictures when we make it.....and make sure Gipper buys first!

How can I buy when you can't even name the restaurant in Canton that we are going to?

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

How can I buy when you can't even name the restaurant in Canton that we are going to?

I'm sure you can handle the under $9.99 entree wherever you end up. ;)