THE BROWNS BOARD

• Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.

mjp28

2 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Dry scallops wrapped in bacon and air fried. Great game day munchies and real simple. Rinse your scallops good, dry, wrap a bacon slice around it and hold with a toothpick. You can fry, broil or bake. Enjoy✈️

Scallops are my wife’s favorite and my go to for any special dinner

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Dry scallops wrapped in bacon and air fried. Great game day munchies and real simple. Rinse your scallops good, dry, wrap a bacon slice around it and hold with a toothpick. You can fry, broil or bake. Enjoy✈️

sounds awesome ill give it a try for next weekend

5 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

"Wrapped in bacon"......  one of the basic food groups (true story) recently replacing vegetables.

We used to have a decades long baseball club at a local bar in Girard, would go to the 422 on the strip in Niles, Ohio with about 120 GUYS for a streak dinner. The owners said we ate more chicken livers wrapped in bacon than any group in history. Ummmmmm chicken livers in bacon.  I'm going to include receipes soon.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ATOM said:

i allways burn those

You're going to make someone a wonderful wife someday. :lol:

Seriously though if you want some nice GAMEDAY or just everyday meals this is the place. The wife (a scratch cook) and I also have a big cookbook collection.....yes I'm wierd. Grilling, easy or even gourmet occasionally you should find it here.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, mjp28 said:

You're going to make someone a wonderful wife someday. :lol:

Seriously though if you want some nice GAMEDAY or just everyday meals this is the place. The wife (a scratch cook) and I also have a big cookbook collection.....yes I'm wierd. Grilling, easy or even gourmet occasionally you should find it here.

bro it's me syd and i was trying to be a smart butt I hate hot pockets

With the weather this year we had a bumper crop of my wife's herbs, we would cut them back and they kept growing back. We were giving whole branches and even a few plants away to anyone who wanted them. Now on to Saturday's GAMEDAY MEAL with a few leftovers for today.

The wife got chicken thighs, skinned them, dried thouroughly, dipped in a Grey Poupon mustard and melted butter dip, coated in panko breadding, added more dip on top to get crunchy and just enough of her homemade and dried herbs......in the oven about 35 minutes. Fantastic!  (May do recipe if anyone is interested.)

She made a risotto with a creamed asparagus and herb mix. (She makes her own herb mixes out of various combinations like the store bought rubs. And not a fortune!) Now I'm not a big rice guy but it was great!

Her oven roasted carrots as a side, always good. Apple pie ala mode for desert.

Chicken thighs and risotto tonight's snack. Ummmmmm.

Edited by mjp28
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Basic deliciousness for me today. Two beautifully marbled beef chuck into the Instant Pot, 1 cup of double strength beef broth made from Minors beef paste, teaspoon of thyme, teaspoon of rosemary, teaspoon of onion powder and S&P. 55 minutes to fall apart tender and savory :) I LOVE my instant pot

• Upvote 1

On 10/28/2018 at 5:09 PM, LondonBrown said:

Mine earlier roast chicken stuffing potatoes cabbage Yorkshire pudding and gravy 

Ahhhhh yes a meat and potatoes guy, that plus sandwiches and pizza used to be my staple diet.

I will say my wife has me eating better and smarter, not bad especially since she offically retired this year. 

• 2 weeks later...

Highly recommend some of the "rounds" from this Stonewall, Texas chocolate company which works with Venezuela producers who make some of the best chocolate in the world. This stuff is very high quality and will sooth the losses almost as much as Venezuelan rum. Taken together you will be in heaven (well maybe if you add in one of those multiple Venezuelan Miss Universe winners anyway).🤩💃

https://chocolates-elrey.com/shop/retail?p=2

On 10/28/2018 at 5:01 PM, jcam222 said:

Basic deliciousness for me today. Two beautifully marbled beef chuck into the Instant Pot, 1 cup of double strength beef broth made from Minors beef paste, teaspoon of thyme, teaspoon of rosemary, teaspoon of onion powder and S&P. 55 minutes to fall apart tender and savory :) I LOVE my instant pot

Instant pot or like my mom's old fashioned pressure cookers can work wonders.....and there were 8 of us. Her pressure cooker was going in our house very often especially turning one of my old favorites "slab of meat" into really good roast beef, oh so tender. :P

• Upvote 1

On 11/7/2018 at 7:48 AM, TexasAg1969 said:

Highly recommend some of the "rounds" from this Stonewall, Texas chocolate company which works with Venezuela producers who make some of the best chocolate in the world. This stuff is very high quality and will sooth the losses almost as much as Venezuelan rum. Taken together you will be in heaven (well maybe if you add in one of those multiple Venezuelan Miss Universe winners anyway).🤩💃

https://chocolates-elrey.com/shop/retail?p=2

Are you a Venezuelan spy?

GAMEDAY Sunday & Monday I told the wife forget cooking out let's do the oven thing this c-o-l-d weekend and week coming up. 

She got a chicken his name is Hue and is making her homemade "CNS" chicken noodle soup with all her homegrown herbs and spices, ummmmmm, can't wait.

Also bought stew meat, stew is next, potatoes, onions, carrots all that good stuff......and the house will smell great.

Cooking can be simply delicious!  ;)

On 11/10/2018 at 8:15 PM, mjp28 said:

GAMEDAY Sunday & Monday I told the wife forget cooking out let's do the oven thing this c-o-l-d weekend and week coming up. 

She got a chicken and is making her homemade "CNS" chicken noodle soup with all her homegrown herbs and spices, ummmmmm, can't wait.

Also bought stew meat, stew is next, potatoes, onions, carrots all that good stuff......and the house will smell great.

Cooking can be simply delicious!  ;)

The wife's homemade "CNS" chicken noodle soup was delicious, half of a big Farberware pot left. Will snack some later.

We were talking about so many of her herbs that just kept on growing this year, heat, rain and long summer.

I'm about to make my famous rum cake for winning game days. Take one and a half ounces of the best Caribbean rum of your choice and place it in a decent sipping glass. Take any cake you happen to have out for 2 or 3 days, crumble it up really good 🧐 in a bowl 🥣 and then put it down the disposal. Drink the rum one sip at a time.😍