Jump to content
mjp28

Favorite GAMEDAY food? Dine in, carryout or make at home.

Recommended Posts

No BROWNS WEEK 9? Hey no problem we still have to eat, so what's your favorite gameday or just weekend eats?

Dine in or tavern hangout, carryout, favorite rib, chicken, pizza, sandwich, whatever or even cook at home what's up for gameday?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well we went pizza and  Philly Steaks with good old greasy fries from Brier Hill Pizza & Wings in Struthers, Ohio and my old friends and owners Ruth and Tom.

Had it Saturday for my YSU Penguins TV game who won big on the road and......well the BUCKEYES who got caught dead flat in Iowa.

Leftovers today for NFL football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BaconHound said:

May sound weird but cheese curds

Nothing weird about cheese anything!  :wub:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For tailgating, either pulled pork or brats on the grill. After the game, stop in a pizza joint or pick up on the way home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got me a mix it yourself Chicken Caesar Salad and a couple shots of fine Venezuelan sipping rum unencumbered by ice or coke. Yum!:wub:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the way the qb's and wr's are playing, I don't eat anything watching the rerun.... lol.

But my Wife gets out some steaks and I toss em on the grill. Did thick T-bone steaks,

3 min on a side, cranked up to about 500. Just a bit pink inside.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I lived in Ravenna, it was pizza, stromboli and wings from a pizzeria named Siciliano's.

Had a draft party at my place 10 years ago with some of the old message board guys (Snoop, jmazzulo, wonderbredd) and got Sicilianos for it, they loved it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Lumpia and fried rice.  Balut occasionally.

 

414-iGcSs1L._AC_US218_.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

american version of brat blows. food truck in germany with brat on hard kaiser roll with mustard and order of pomme frits with mayo on the side. wurtzburg hofbrau to wash it down with while walking over bridge listening to open air concert.

but u nigels wouldn't know cuz....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For away games I either fire up the Big Green Egg or electric smoker. For the smoker it's gonna be pulled pork with vinegar finishing sauce and homemade BBQ on the side, slaw and buns. If not pulled pork I'll smoke some ribs with a Memphis rub.    With the egg this year I've done half lb sirloin burgers with aged white cheddar, thick pepper bacon and grilled onion on buttered toasted brioche. Last game I cranked it up to about 550F and did Tandoori chicken skewers and some marinated thighs for shawarma.  Sheet I just made myself hungry lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, BaconHound said:

May sound weird but cheese curds

Slide some fries and gravy under those curds and BAM poutine. Delicious!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had this fried chicken at the stadium that was fantastic. 

3 pieces with a little kick on top of a piece of bread, butter on top, in a bucket.

 

Like $14... But great

 

 

 

 

Other than that, brats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sunday morning 10am Browns games and homemade biscuits and gravy have been a tradition for me for almost 30yrs....... 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, D Bone said:

Sunday morning 10am Browns games and homemade biscuits and gravy have been a tradition for me for almost 30yrs....... 

Are you originally from NE Ohio?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, for the Board's resident wino- (even at the Tailgates) it's wine, wine and more wine. Tailgates- it's what ever- dogs, bbq, pizza. At our normal viewing spot, resident pal's house (temporarily closed for a total kitchen remodeling) it's bring your own wine or beer- no cheap junk please. French Bread, Italian Beef, prosciutto, capicola, cheese tray. Chips, dip, tostitos, salsa. Guys have brought wings and pizza. 

In case of a win, we used to do a "victory port". Now its a "moral victory" port.  :)  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Well, for the Board's resident wino- (even at the Tailgates) it's wine, wine and more wine. Tailgates- it's what ever- dogs, bbq, pizza. At our normal viewing spot, resident pal's house (temporarily closed for a total kitchen remodeling) it's bring your own wine or beer- no cheap junk please. French Bread, Italian Beef, prosciutto, capicola, cheese tray. Chips, dip, tostitos, salsa. Guys have brought wings and pizza. 

In case of a win, we used to do a "victory port". Now its a "moral victory" port.  :)  

 

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Are you originally from NE Ohio?

Nope, SoCal born and raised, but my Mom's family ran a farm in Indiana so that's where B&G came from.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

 

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

You know, I've never watched Sideways in it's entirety. Chewing gum & drinking wine would be bad, especially if you swallowed the gum.  But LOL- don't know how long I'll be doing it- I help out teaching a wine appreciation course at the University of Dayton. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Schidt. That is what ALL BROWNS FANS EAT ON GAME DAY.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chef salad,Fried red potatoes w/onions and mushrooms ,and a two inch thick medium RARE Ribeye!!! 

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/5/2017 at 2:08 PM, miktoxic said:

american version of brat blows. food truck in germany with brat on hard kaiser roll with mustard and order of pomme frits with mayo on the side. wurtzburg hofbrau to wash it down with while walking over bridge listening to open air concert.

but u nigels wouldn't know cuz....

 

Outside of Ayers Kaserne in Kirchgoens, right outside the main gate was a little shop where they charbroiled brats with a little loaf of bread (braiun)? and pomme ftits.  With the extremlely small pay check I had then I could afford this a couple of times a month.  The brats they have here suck and I can't even eat them.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Outside of Ayers Kaserne in Kirchgoens, right outside the main gate was a little shop where they charbroiled brats with a little loaf of bread (braiun)? and pomme ftits.  With the extremlely small pay check I had then I could afford this a couple of times a month.  The brats they have here suck and I can't even eat them.

 

Shmuck all that.. just give me a big pan of Burek and Sarma... I'm good!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BrownsnMopar said:

Chef salad,Fried red potatoes w/onions and mushrooms ,and a two inch thick medium RARE Ribeye!!! 

Caesar occasional chef, BP for me occasional sliced baked with EVOO then add butter and SC,  like a side of mushrooms and of course the ribeye 1 1/4" and medium. ;)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Outside of Ayers Kaserne in Kirchgoens, right outside the main gate was a little shop where they charbroiled brats with a little loaf of bread (braiun)? and pomme ftits.  With the extremlely small pay check I had then I could afford this a couple of times a month.  The brats they have here suck and I can't even eat them.

 

I was lucky to be there when the dollar was like 5:1. Remember beer machines that were the size of toasters stuck on outside wall with endless supply of ‘room temp’ glass bottle beer and a gypsy pizza guy allowed on base ringing a cow bell at 2am with pizza?

(Hindenburg Kaserne, Wurzburg).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing like a bag of longneck clams, some fresh melted butter and bbq chicken with a sweet tater  this time of year. Nobody around here is very familiar with the Clambake thing so we need to do it ourselves.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×