THE BROWNS BOARD

• Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.

mjp28

3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

You just take the ingredients of stuffed peppers and make soup... Two big bottles of Spicy V8, two green peppers, one small onion, 2lbs of hamburg, one cup of rice.

Super easy, pretty damn good.

(That being said, I just saw a food show that featured Italian beef sandwiches from Chicago, which reminded me of mjp and my convo on this thread, which I need to try sometime)

Stuffed pepper soup sounds good, Chicago Italian Roast Beef Sandwiches definitely on our meal plan when I think I can handle them, I've been on antibiotics for going on 7 months now.......not great for a foodie like me but I'm getting better. My appetite is coming back! 

My wife makes great drop dead good stuffed peppers using sweeter red peppers and covered with melted cheese.....try it you'll like it better, I guarantee it! 

And tonight's pizza was good and I'm staring at an unopened bag of Oreos for my late night snack. :)

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

You just take the ingredients of stuffed peppers and make soup... Two big bottles of Spicy V8, two green peppers, one small onion, 2lbs of hamburg, one cup of rice.

Super easy, pretty damn good.

(That being said, I just saw a food show that featured Italian beef sandwiches from Chicago, which reminded me of mjp and my convo on this thread, which I need to try sometime)

I do this and occasionally swap the pepper out for cabbage and voila cabbage roll soup. 

• Upvote 1

AMAZING how good leftover pizza can taste good reheated or even cold out of the frig, even for breakfast......if you're hungry enough. 

Ummmmmm. :wub:

Championship game Sunday, 40+ degrees in January NE Ohio, the first game kicks off at 3 pm and were going to grill porterhouse steaks baby! Probably with baked Yukon Gold potatoes with butter and sour cream, vegetable side dish a game time decision, beer naturally for me.

We're also going to grill Saturday and Monday with a selection of sausages and other red meat available. NO PIZZA THIS WEEK!

SO who wins, who cares I'm hoping JAX vs PHI in the super bowl but the very first opening odds had MIN vs NE...... we'll see.  

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Championship game Sunday, 40+ degrees in January NE Ohio, the first game kicks off at 3 pm and were going to grill porterhouse steaks baby! Probably with baked Yukon Gold potatoes with butter and sour cream, vegetable side dish a game time decision, beer naturally for me.

We're also going to grill Saturday and Monday with a selection of sausages and other red meat available. NO PIZZA THIS WEEK!

SO who wins, who cares I'm hoping JAX vs PHI in the super bowl but the very first opening odds had MIN vs NE...... we'll see.  

Great weather for sure. I think I am going to fire up my smoker and do 6 racks of BBQ ribs!

We had 11F here yesterday early morning which is unheard of for years at a time in Texas. I had Portugese soup and a shot of sipping rum. Portugese soup recipe came from a chef here in Austin who originally served it when he immigrated to the east coast. Made with garlic sausage, ketchup, onions & a fresh garlic sauteed in olive oil, new potatoes and pinto beans (or any bean you prefer) plus beef broth. Great stuff for a really cold day/evening here.

My son gave me a couch comforter with 3 levels of heat. The cat approves and insists on getting under it next to me.:D

• Upvote 1

On 1/18/2018 at 8:18 AM, mjp28 said:

Slight change in plans well mathematically my mother-in-law came over for the long weekend, nice lady and my wife's friend is also coming over for dinner Sunday  -but- we only had two porterhouse steaks, what to do?

D'UH, the wife went out and got four NY STRIPS! , crisis averted besides they like the strips and i get to hoard the porterhouses for later. :wub:

On 1/13/2018 at 10:41 PM, calfoxwc said:

or, you can fry up a couple of packages of Jimmy Dean sage sausage, brown it well, take out the grease, and cook it up

with chopped up cabbage. Salt/pepper. Simple.

"der". happpened to scan and saw I made an erroneous. fixed.

On 1/18/2018 at 9:20 AM, TexasAg1969 said:

We had 11F here yesterday early morning which is unheard of for years at a time in Texas. I had Portugese soup and a shot of sipping rum. Portugese soup recipe came from a chef here in Austin who originally served it when he immigrated to the east coast. Made with garlic sausage, ketchup, onions & a fresh garlic sauteed in olive oil, new potatoes and pinto beans (or any bean you prefer) plus beef broth. Great stuff for a really cold day/evening here.

My son gave me a couch comforter with 3 levels of heat. The cat approves and insists on getting under it next to me.:D

11? People around here chop holes in the ice and go swimming when it's 11 here...lol

31 minutes ago, flyingfooldoug said:

11? People around here chop holes in the ice and go swimming when it's 11 here...lol

Well I roughed it. I just turned on the electric comforter but did not start a fire in the fireplace. Too f'n cold outside to go fetch firewood and too cold in the garage to bring in a treated firelog.:o

Speaking of gameday there is a very good chance my wife and I will be driving to Ohio this fall for a reunion to celebrate the 80th birthday of one of our favorite HS teachers when we lived in Venezuela. We'll be staying about 50-60 miles south in Amish country and likely can combine it with a game if the Browns play @ home either Sept. 29 or Oct. 6. As the time gets closer I'll want both directions to parking and to tailgate with you jackasses. Be nice to put some faces with the BS.  Are the fall colors in full bloom by then?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Speaking of gameday there is a very good chance my wife and I will be driving to Ohio this fall for a reunion to celebrate the 80th birthday of one of our favorite HS teachers when we lived in Venezuela. We'll be staying about 50-60 miles south in Amish country and likely can combine it with a game if the Browns play @ home either Sept. 29 or Oct. 6. As the time gets closer I'll want both directions to parking and to tailgate with you jackasses. Be nice to put some faces with the BS.  Are the fall colors in full bloom by then?

Bill, I look forward to actually meeting you in person. If you're driving, try to stop in Memphis to eat at Corky's BBQ. Not sure about the fall colors, but you just may hit it right...all depends on weather, which hasn't exactly been predictable in recent years.

Mike

48 minutes ago, Canton Mike said:

Bill, I look forward to actually meeting you in person. If you're driving, try to stop in Memphis to eat at Corky's BBQ. Not sure about the fall colors, but you just may hit it right...all depends on weather, which hasn't exactly been predictable in recent years.

Mike

Me too Mike. Won't be able to confirm anything until summer.

8 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Just put some cheesy ham and potato soup into the crockpot. First time I've made this, curious to how it will come out.

We just had it several days ago, not crock pot but it's really good.....even reheated!

5 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Say, we are close to Canton Mike - we could all get together for a hike in our woods....bonfire... let us know later on. Would be cool if we got to meet.

3 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Say, we are close to Canton Mike - we could all get together for a hike in our woods....bonfire... let us know later on. Would be cool if we got to meet.

All depends on the timing, but I'm sure we can work something out cal. We'll have a car but I will warn you all my wife is not the outdoor type at all. I'm lucky if I can get her to walk around the flat lakes in RMNP outside Estes Park. She will if the grandkids are coming though. LOL!

We'll have to put in the rule my brothers and I have. One is far right of Trump (though he can't stand him because of the lies) and the other far left of Pocahontas. And I'm right square in the middle for trying to listen to what both major parties are trying to accomplish that seems worthwhile. So we leave politics at home when we get together. Works quite well.:D

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

We're starting the weekend on Friday, 50° in NE OHIO today and steak cheeseburgers on the grill, woo-hoo!

Then Saturday rain, Sunday whatever so it will be Wedgewood Pizza , probably an 8" plain, Philly and my new favorite 12" roasted red pepper, mushroom, black olive and extra cheese...... ummmm. 

Now I have no idea what game(s) I will watch.

• Upvote 1

OK guys and gals it's SUPER BOWL LII time coming up, so any special weekend or Sunday parties or plans? Special fare or just regular gametime food?

On 1/31/2018 at 2:13 AM, mjp28 said:

OK guys and gals it's SUPER BOWL LII time coming up, so any special weekend or Sunday parties or plans? Special fare or just regular gametime food?

We're doing the make at home weekend, no square white boxes or white or brown bags. Wife has made the menus for February.....aka clean out the freezer, today baked cod with creamy potato soup, Saturday a surprise and Sunday something with sausage....I'll have to find that menu.

GO EAGLES! SAVE HUMANITY! :lol:

On 1/31/2018 at 1:13 AM, mjp28 said:

I have to finish off a bottle of Cabernet before it turns into Cab vinegar. Staying home to watch with my football coach son. I always enjoy his ongoing details commentary, especially on the defensive side. He knows his defenses better than anyone here including me. He catches the small things that players do to either set them up for a great play or to turn them into a pumpkin later in the game. Especially great at catching DBs looking in the backfield or trying to jump a route that will later burn them with a double move.

7 hours ago, mjp28 said:

We're doing the make at home weekend, no square white boxes or white or brown bags. Wife has made the menus for February.....aka clean out the freezer, today baked cod with creamy potato soup, Saturday a surprise and Sunday something with sausage....I'll have to find that menu.

GO EAGLES! SAVE HUMANITY! :lol:

Oh Friday was baked cod and potato soup.

Saturday will be city chicken (pork on a stick), wife likes that. <_<

Super Bowl Sunday will be oven roasted chicken, yes!  During the early commercials and before the late commercials  (oh and game). GO PHILLY +4!

On 1/31/2018 at 1:13 AM, mjp28 said:

Wife is making a huge pot of her Super Bowl chili. It's an old recipe she has refined over the years. It is amazing.

She's started already and is braising the beef chunks (vs. ground beef... my major contribution to the refinement) as I type... and it smells great.

Will be eating on it all day tomorrow.

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Saturday will be city chicken (pork on a stick), wife likes that. <_<

lol... I grew up on City Chicken. Mom, rest her soul, was not a good cook.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Wife is making a huge pot of her Super Bowl chili. It's an old recipe she has refined over the years. It is amazing.

She's started already and is braising the beef chunks (vs. ground beef... my major contribution to the refinement) as I type... and it smells great.

Will be eating on it all day tomorrow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

lol... I grew up on City Chicken. Mom, rest her soul, was not a good cook.

Good I'll invite you over you can have mine.......better hurry it's cooking now, yum. (somehow I just never got hooked on pork on a stick, why I dunno)

And why city chicken, sounds like roadkill or something, oh the wife IS an excellent cook and isn't reading this I hope. :lol:

• Upvote 1