THE BROWNS BOARD

• Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.

mjp28

2 hours ago, nickers said:

I'll take this over Bertmans any day of the week!...

I remember Bertman first and had a LOT of stadium hotdogs 🌭 🌭 with them   -but-  I could eat either.

Between Indian's games, and after YSU classes and after working down the mill and having Stanley's hotdogs on the West side of Youngstown I have NO idea how many hotdogs I've eaten....... and I still love them !

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, mjp28 said:

I remember Bertman first and had a LOT of stadium hotdogs 🌭 🌭 with them   -but-  I could eat either.

Between Indian's games, and after YSU classes and after working down the mill and having Stanley's hotdogs on the West side of Youngstown I have NO idea how many hotdogs I've eaten....... and I still love them !

I remember the Lion Brand hotdogs they used to sell at the old stadium when I was a kid.

On 12/4/2021 at 12:46 PM, mjp28 said:

This weekend's menu is.......

Saturday -  keilbassi on the grill with veggies and other fixings........OH MY WIFE SURPRISED ME WITH ALDI'S GERMAN SAUERKRAUT DOCTORED UP HER WAY ON A BUN WITH MUSTARD AND TABASCO SAUCE .....  DELICIOUS !   AND WITH SOME TATER TOTS, YUM.  :)

Sunday - marinated and grilled Atlantic Salmon with asparagus, artichokes, olives and whatever.

÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷ ±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±± ÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷ ±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±

And for a nice snack:

Here's something different from me here  SUGAR 'n' SPICE NUTS  🥜🥜  for the holidays or GAMEDAY !  Looks good and you save by making them yourself.   And see below for other snack recipes.

MAKES 3 CUPS    COOK TIME  18 MINUTES      https://www.mrfood.com/section/this-week

Our festive Sugar 'n' Spice Nuts are the perfect combo of salty and sweet for the holidays. Made with a variety of your favorite nuts, the sweetness of dried cranberries, and just enough cayenne to give it a good kick, this recipe is sure to disappear by the handful! And, not only is it a great snack when family visits during Christmas, but it's also the perfect goodie to send in the mail, for those who can't be with you this season. 

What You'll Need

• 1 cup cashews
  • 1 cup pecan halves
  • 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
  • 1 egg white, beaten slightly
  • 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper...... might be an option for some people
  • 1/2 cup dried cranberries

What to Do

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
  2. In a large bowl, combine cashews, pecans, and peanuts. Add egg white and toss until evenly coated.
  3. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper; mix well then add to nut mixture. Stir until nuts are well coated then spread on baking sheet in a single layer.
  4. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until lightly toasted, stirring halfway through cooking time. Let cool.
  5. Mix dried cranberries into nuts; serve immediately or store in an airtight container until ready to serve.

Notes

• If you absolutely love snack mix recipes, then you have to check out this collection of Super Snack Mix Recipes! There's something for everyone or just for every occasion! 

• If you're looking for something that's more holiday snack specific, check out our Munch and Crunch or--and this is sure to be a hit--Snowman Poop!

• What do you think of this recipe? Tell us in the comments below! 

• Check out our recipe for Red Cinnamon Popcorn

If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fstatic.primecp.co 

For more holiday cheer, download our free eCookbook! 

Christmas Candy Recipes: 24 Ideas for Homemade Christmas Gifts

Sugar-n-Spice-Nuts_ArticleImage-CategoryPage_ID-1063382.jpg

Showing my NW PA Slavic Roots:

There are few finer meals than Kielbasa (kielbossie) with fried cabbage and pierogies. 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, AP1 said:

Showing my NW PA Slavic Roots:

There are few finer meals than Kielbasa (kielbossie) with fried cabbage and pierogies. ...... with onions in melted butter plus sour cream, oh yeah !

Oh YES !  Some great eating from the Pittsburgh area up to the Borough of SNPJ  in the Enon Valley areas spent some nice summer weekends there. Belonged to the SNPJ Lodge 643 in Girard Ohio for many years until it folded great times.  And  used to be a social member in a club in Bessemer PA and used to get meats from a little shop in Sharon PA.

Across the border again to Strossmeyer's picnic grounds in Vienna OH for some good polka music and great eats lamb and pig on the spit. I was the picnic chairman of Lodge 643 and we'd have two bands always Joe Fedorchak and Bobby Turcola who played at our wedding 40 years ago he just passed away recently at 89.  We'd completely go through ~25 head on the spit cooked by Marco Zireli from Sharon Pa.

Oh some good times and great eats !    OH yeah !  :D

My wife made us a really good appetizer before lunch today.

The Triskets with the balsamic vinegar & basil,. mozzarella cheese and salami.  It really had a great taste together !  :) 

We are going to have a cucumber salad and the main meal one of my old favorites roasted chicken with our herbs  -and-  roasted potatoes, onions and carrots.  Ummm !

A great GAMEDAY  or any day meal especially on cold day.   And Bon Appetit.

There are few finer meals than Kielbasa (kielbossie) with fried cabbage and pierogies. ...... with onions in melted butter plus sour cream, oh yeah !

I will pass on the onions, but the rest is outstanding 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

EVEN A CLEVELAND BROWNS FOOTBALL 🏈 CLASSIC CAN NOT ECLIPSE AN ALL TIME GREAT GAME ON A SUNDAY AFTERNOON IN CLEVELAND !  

IT JUST CAN NOT BE DONE !

GO BROWNS !

★  OK BROWNS FANS EVERYWHERE !    What is your favorite onetime GAMEDAY meals anywhere, anytime with your favorite crowds ?  The rules are all yours,  any site, cookout,  whatever !

Think out of the box ☑️  feel free to borrow ideas from others just go for it.    For a starter......a favorite old time place maybe at a beach ⛱️  or a picnic ground  and ice cold beer on tap with a couple of big screen TV going all Sunday !   BARBEQUE !  Steaks !

It your favorite GAMEDAY  ! !

cr=w:360,h:240..jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Well the calendar moves on and I see we have a SUPER BOWL 56 coming up soon.  So what's everyone got planned even though it's a matchup between the lowest ranked teams ever the UNDERDOG BOWL now that deserves something special.

Well.........I haven't sent out anything in awhile but I did another week in the hospital again and Nancy had a short illness so I we're enjoying our R&R time.  

I've been looking for something quick, easy, ecomical and of course delicious and Mr Food brought up an old favorite today from years back an EASY CHEESEBURGER RING !   And ✔️ check out the kitchen tips and links below.  Great for super bowl 56 or family lunch or any get-together !

SERVES  6.    COOK TIME  35  MINUTES.    https://www.mrfood.com/Beef/Easy-Cheeseburger-Ring

Our Easy Cheeseburger Ring is a family-favorite, ground beef dinner recipe that gets everyone excited! It's simple, tasty, and easy to customize. It even doubles as a great party appetizer. The best part? No matter where you serve it, it's gonna be budget-friendly. Everyone loves a totally classic cheeseburger way of chowing down!

What You'll Need..... ★ and feel free to customize your cheeseburger concoction however you like.  Many like it a little 🔥 spicy with a taco 🌮 twist.  Let us know what you come up with.

• 1 pound ground beef
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 3 tablespoons ketchup
  • 2 tablespoons mustard
  • 1 cup Cheddar cheese
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 2 (8-ounce) cans refrigerated crescent rolls

What to Do

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 12-inch pizza pan with cooking spray.
  2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook beef and onion, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink; drain.
  3. Stir in ketchup, mustard, Cheddar cheese, salt, and pepper. Cook 1 to 2 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Remove from heat and set aside.
  4. Unroll crescent rolls. Place wide end of triangles in center of pizza pan, forming a ring, overlapping dough as necessary. Spoon meat mixture into center of each triangle. Bring smaller ends of triangles over meat, tucking ends under.
  5. Bake 20 minutes, or until rolls are golden. Serve warm.

Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip!

• Serve with shredded lettuce, tomatoes, onion, and pickles for that authentic cheeseburger experience! 

Easy-Cheeseburger-Ring_ExtraLarge700_ID-3404845.jpg

A little addendum to the above EASY CHEESEBURGER RING recipe,  it is just fine as is and a treat for a family meal or get-together  -but-  a few people have told me they like to customize it a bit.   Go for it !   For example:

What You'll Need..... ★ and feel free to customize your cheeseburger concoction however you like.  Many like it a little 🔥 spicy with a taco 🌮 twist.  Let us know what you come up with. 

Some cold sour cream,  a few shots of hot sauce it all sounds good.   I think we are going to do the taco 🌮 twist next !

Another delicious old classic 🗝️ brought back up for another look.

The ULTIMATE GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH.  Well everyone has their own version of the BEST grilled cheese sandwich well here's one more.  Always like to hear GC ideas from everyone.  And check ✔️ out the extra links below.

And a good   GAMEDAY   favorite !

There is no denying it, this is truly the Ultimate Grilled Cheese Sandwich. No matter how you choose to serve this melty and delicious sandwich, you can't miss. It makes a fantastic lunch for you and the kids, or a comfort filled way to compliment a bowl of soup! Either way this ooey-gooey meal is grilled cheese perfection.

What You'll Need

• 3/4 cup mayonnaise
  • 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
  • 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
  • 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 10 slices sourdough bread
  • 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, softened

What to Do

1. In a medium bowl with an electric mixer, beat mayonnaise and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Stir in Cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, and garlic powder; mix well.
  2. Spread each of five bread slices evenly with cheese mixture. Top with remaining bread slices. Spread butter on both sides of the sandwiches.
  3. In a skillet over medium heat, cook in batches until golden on both sides and the cheese is melted.

Check This Out!

Ultimate-Grilled-Cheese-Sandwich_Edit-crop_Large400_ID-3413692.jpg

On 1/12/2022 at 1:46 PM, mjp28 said:

★  OK BROWNS FANS EVERYWHERE !    What is your favorite onetime GAMEDAY meals anywhere, anytime with your favorite crowds ?  The rules are all yours,  any site, cookout,  whatever !

Think out of the box ☑️  feel free to borrow ideas from others just go for it.    For a starter......a favorite old time place maybe at a beach ⛱️  or a picnic ground  and ice cold beer on tap with a couple of big screen TV going all Sunday !   BARBEQUE !  Steaks !

It your favorite GAMEDAY  ! !

cr=w:360,h:240..jpg

there were a group of us that broke off from the backer bar  and we watched the games at my house people brought over homemade beer brats steaks what ever  we would get started by nine with myself making a breakfast for all and start in on the beers and the pregame show throw around the football and talk shit untill the game started  those days were fun 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, ATOM said:

those days were fun 

Fun for me was when the draft started on Saturday.  My son would have his friends come over.  I'd be manning the grill.

Then, of course, they moved it to Thursday night.  Man the NFL fucked up a good thing!!

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Another delicious old classic 🗝️ brought back up for another look.

The ULTIMATE GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH.  Well everyone has their own version of the BEST grilled cheese sandwich well here's one more.  Always like to hear GC ideas from everyone.  And check ✔️ out the extra links below.

And a good   GAMEDAY   favorite !

There is no denying it, this is truly the Ultimate Grilled Cheese Sandwich. No matter how you choose to serve this melty and delicious sandwich, you can't miss. It makes a fantastic lunch for you and the kids, or a comfort filled way to compliment a bowl of soup! Either way this ooey-gooey meal is grilled cheese perfection.

What You'll Need

• 3/4 cup mayonnaise
  • 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
  • 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
  • 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 10 slices sourdough bread
  • 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, softened

What to Do

1. In a medium bowl with an electric mixer, beat mayonnaise and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Stir in Cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, and garlic powder; mix well.
  2. Spread each of five bread slices evenly with cheese mixture. Top with remaining bread slices. Spread butter on both sides of the sandwiches.
  3. In a skillet over medium heat, cook in batches until golden on both sides and the cheese is melted.

Check This Out!

Ultimate-Grilled-Cheese-Sandwich_Edit-crop_Large400_ID-3413692.jpg

★ I'm having a toasted cheese sandwich for lunch today.  My wife is going to mix a couple of cheeses  on it.

Normally we just have one cheese and beautifully golden brown so we'll see how this goes.

Also with a dill pickle and maybe green or black olives and some cold and delicious artichokes,  mmm-mmm  think outside of the box for added flavor !

Bon appetit !

• Like 1

On 2/11/2018 at 10:34 AM, mjp28 said:

Well gameday food doesn't just have to be for football or tailgating, we have the Daytona 500 coming, The Master's  (great foodie event :lol:), MLB Spring Training even a few TV games there, NBA if you're so inclined and of course THE NFL DRAFT April 26-28, but what now?

How about the Olympics! Well an excuse to grill on Sunday today Porterhouse steaks, baked potatoes with the works, veggies TBD at grilling time and naturally Sam Adams Boston Lager......ummmmm. Got to love those Olympics,  GO USA!

From super bowl time 2018 ........ now in 2022 my wife just got some beautiful Rib Eye Steaks just waiting for the right time to put them on the grill have bags of potatoes, onions the works.

Can't beat steaks or whatever on the grill for  SUPER BOWL 56 .   We haven't decided 100% yet on our weekend menu might depend on the weather,  my wife just made my all-time favorite yesterday Roasted Chicken with potatoes, onions, carrots and our home grown herbs.  Had a sample bowl yesterday having it for supper tonight and maybe lunch tomorrow if there's any left.

Friday,  Saturday and Sunday  still a game time decision  good chance on Jersey Mike's #56 the Big Kahuna and whatever then maybe a Wedgewood Pizza Sunday.

Whatever the call it will be a bon appetit weekend !  :D

On 12/29/2017 at 10:06 PM, jcam222 said:

Ohio Star game  gathering tonight featuring Sous Vide Herb Crusted Prime Rib reverse seared - money shot right here . 138F throughout with no overcook to the ends or outer. This is my new game day go to lol 

IMG_0946.JPG

IMG_0947.JPG

★ ★★★  And of course one of our jcam's  fantastic shots.

How's this for an herb crusted prime rib.........oh yeah !      From December 2017.     Bon appetit !

• Upvote 2

On 7/21/2018 at 9:24 AM, mjp28 said:

You know I like Philly Steaks and steak sandwiches in general,  here's a GAMEDAY or any day variation......the zucchini are starting to roll in now.

Cheesesteak Zucchini Boats

YIELDS:SERVINGS     PREP TIME:HOURS MINS      TOTAL TIME:HOURS 30 MINS
INGREDIENTS

zucchini, halved lengthwise
1/4 c. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
Kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
large onion, chopped
bell peppers, thinly sliced
cloves garlic, minced
1 lb. sirloin steak, thinly sliced  <----  OPTION: Can use your favorite steak here if desired.
1 tsp. dried oregano
2 c. shredded provolone
2 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley, for garnish

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 350°. Score zucchini (like you’re dicing an avocado) and scoop out insides into a large bowl to use later. Transfer zucchini boats to a large baking dish. Brush with about 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake until just tender, about 15 minutes.
  2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add onion, peppers, and scooped out zucchini then season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. 
  3. Increase heat to medium-high and add remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Add steak in a single layer, working in batches if necessary, and season with oregano, salt and pepper. Cook until seared all over, about 2 minutes per side. Remove from heat. 
  4. Fill zucchini boats with cooked vegetables and steak, then top with provolone. Bake until cheese is melted and bubbly, about 10 minutes. Garnish with parsley.

Screenshot_2018-07-21-09-08-32.png

Ok here's one that we have tried often even my wife likes them  CHEESE STEAK ZUCCHINI BOATS.   Great for GAMEDAY or any get-together.

From July 2018.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

From super bowl time 2018 ........ now in 2022 my wife just got some beautiful Rib Eye Steaks just waiting for the right time to put them on the grill have bags of potatoes, onions the works.

Can't beat steaks or whatever on the grill for  SUPER BOWL 56 .   We haven't decided 100% yet on our weekend menu might depend on the weather,  my wife just made my all-time favorite yesterday Roasted Chicken with potatoes, onions, carrots and our home grown herbs.  Had a sample bowl yesterday having it for supper tonight and maybe lunch tomorrow if there's any left.

Friday,  Saturday and Sunday  still a game time decision  good chance on Jersey Mike's #56 the Big Kahuna and whatever then maybe a Wedgewood Pizza Sunday.

Whatever the call it will be a bon appetit weekend !  :D

we order pickup a lot at a Texas Roadhouse. The ribeyes are 12 oz minimum, and everything is perfect every time. The one we favor does the mushrooms and onions perfectly - some others don't.

• Like 1

On 1/29/2019 at 12:52 PM, mjp28 said:

Whoa it's going to be in the 40s and 50s this week so we're grilling! Saturday will be chicken, Sunday will be NY Strip Steaks on the grill. :D

Like hoorta we love onion soups including a new recipe from us  French Onion Chicken.

French Onion Chicken

1 hour to prepare serves 4-6

• INGREDIENTS
  • 2 pounds Vidalia onions, sliced
  • 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs (we also like skin on)
  • 2 cups beef broth
  • 1 cup swiss cheese, grated
  • 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
  • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste

PREPARATION

1. Preheat oven to 350º F.
  2. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large, oven-proof pan or skillet over medium heat. Add onions, season with salt and cook, stirring occasionally, for 15-20 minutes, or until softened and caramelized.
  3. Add balsamic vinegar and cook for another 3-5 minutes or until darkened, but not burned.
  4. Remove onions from heat and transfer to a medium bowl.
  5. Heat remaining olive oil in skillet and raise heat to medium-high.
  6. Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper, thyme and sage, then place in skillet and sear on both sides until golden brown. Remove chicken from heat and set aside.
  7. Pour beef broth into skillet and bring mixture to a boil, scraping up stuck bits from the bottom of pan.
  8. Return heat to medium-low and whisk in flour, stirring until smooth. Cook for 5-7 minutes, or until mixture has thickened. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
  9. Return chicken and onions to pan, stir together with beef gravy, then top with grated swiss cheese.
  10. Transfer skillet to oven and cook until cheese is melted and bubbly, and chicken is cooked through.
  11. Remove from oven and serve hot. Enjoy!

french_onion_chicken_skillet_vertical_4.jpg

Here's a recipe from Super Bowl 53 in  2019.

NY Strip Steaks that sounds like a winner.   The French Onion soup sounds good too !

lol

On 3/3/2019 at 1:14 PM, mjp28 said:

Oh yeah the legendary Jib Jab going waaaay back to the old Winkie's site before moving to their "new" site about 40 (+/-) years ago......makes you hungry for a sack of dogs!

Or ocassionally I get hungry for hot dogs with homemade sauerkraut and Tabasco like the old Stanley's on Salt Springs Rd, old mill food and that goes back 50+++ years ago.

Legendary Youngstown area mill food. We had some great ol' mom & pa shops, still have a few left.

....... edit add, The Jib Jab Hot Dog Shoppe in Girard serves thousands of patrons a day. While most can’t agree on which location (Girard, Warren, East Liverpool) is the best, everyone agrees one hot dog is never enough.

https://businessjournaldaily.com/jib-jab-hot-dog-shoppe-2/

Oh BTW I had an apartment in Girard when I went to YSU......my old hangout. ;)

I'm going all the way back to the beginning here on GAMEDAY MEALS and RECIPES  and ⚒️ picking up a few here and there including the old favorite JIB JAB HOT SHOPPE  in GIRARD, OHIO  which began life as the old  WINKIES in GIRARD way way back when.

The newer JIB JAB was on the way way to my apartment in Liberty Park when I lived there in the early 1970s until I bought my aunt's house in 1975 and graduated from YSU  a'way back when.  

And now just recently JIB JAB bought the very old JAY'S HOT DOG SHOP  just down aways from the Southern Park Mall and also  bought a hot dog place in East Liverpool, Ohio (never been there).   Time marches on  -but-  hot dog shoppe will be here forever.  Not official but I wouldn't be surprised to see another JIB JAB HOT DOG SHOP AT YSU.  

I could go for a couple of hot dogs right now !!   Perfect GAMEDAY MEALS anytime anywhere ! 

S3vqnlDeAF.jpg

enekefweWO.jpg

On 1/26/2020 at 11:25 AM, mjp28 said:

We had breaded flounder the other day, not as good as fresh catch but not too bad.

Back to basics on GAMEDAY, tailgating or similar meals which is best or the most popular?  Steaks, burgers, ribs, hotdogs, chicken, chili, pizza, tacos, fish, chips & dip or anything really delicious.

Well I checked around for a few ideas, here's a few I found.

Best tailgating food ranked by college students.  1. was dip and chips 10. was chili.  https://spoonuniversity.com/lifestyle/best-tailgating-foods-ranked-college-students

Food Network's top 50 Tailgating Recipes.  Ready to do some casual reading? I may have put this up before  https://www.foodnetwork.com/holidays-and-parties/packages/tailgating/food-networks-top-50-tailgating-recipes 

15 Winning Tailgate Food Recipes from around the Web. https://hip2save.com/recipes/15-winning-tailgating-recipes-from-around-the-web.  I really like their #11.

There's always a good reason to have a  GAMEDAY meal.

Bon appetit !

(Oh the #11, mmmmm.)

philly-cheesesteak-sliders.jpg

From January 26,  2020  Top 50 Tailgating.

As I mentioned before I really liked the #11 on that list.....quite delicious !!

When just looking for ideas the Top _ _  lists are a good place to start.

My favorite from this list   #11 PHILLY CHEESE STEAK SLIDERS  ummm-ummm  delicious !

PHILLY CHEESESTEAK SLIDERS

yield: 12 SERVINGS  prep time: 20 MINUTES   cook time: 20 MINUTES........Total time: 40 MINUTES

Mini Philly Cheesesteak inspired sliders melted cheese and meat perfection!

INGREDIENTS..... you might want to make a larger batch depending on your group size.  A little practice helps as you get better doing sliders.

• 12 mini rolls (such as Hawaiian Rolls)
  • 9 oz. box frozen thinly sliced steak (such as Steak Umms)
  • 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
  • 1 green bell pepper, diced
  • 1/2 an onion, diced
  • 5 mushrooms, diced
  • 6 slices provolone cheese
  • 3 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes

DIRECTIONS..... and my notes.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut rolls down the middle horizontally, and place bottom portion into a greased casserole dish. (Note: I think it's easier to just keep all the rolls attached and cut through the middle.)

In a skillet on the stove, saute steak with soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce until no longer pink. Set aside.

Saute onions, bell pepper, and mushroom until soft.

Layer rolls first with steak, then veggies, and finally the sliced provolone. Place the other half of rolls on top.

Cover dish with foil and bake for 10 minutes. Mix together melted butter with garlic powder and dried parsley. After the first 10 minutes of bake time, butter the tops of rolls and place back in the oven, without foil, for another 10 minutes.  

★  Don’t skip the buttery glaze!

Well you can, but the glaze throws it over the top GOOD! I love the kind of garlic bread crusted top the butter gives these sandwiches. You won’t regret this small extra step!

dsc_0889.jpg

Our SUPER BOWL 56 menu is set and like the game for us just kick back and relax and enjoy it.

On Friday my wife made a big pot of  CHILI CON CARNE just for snacking whenever all weekend.

Saturday we had WEDGEWOOD PIZZA for lunch and ham and cheese sandwiches for supper or late night snacks.

Sunday  SB 56 it's ham & eggs for brunch and  JERSEY MIKE'S SANDWICHES  for GAMEDAY I will be having the #56 BIG KAHUNA CHEESE STEAK  plus various olives, artichokes and fixens.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My prediction  CINCINNATI 39 Las Angeles 38 . (absolutely no OT)

Sit back and relax,  we're about done with everything else.    Bon appetit.

• Upvote 1

Didn't realize Jersey Mike's is that big of an outfit MJP.... Can't say I've ever had one, as we have a couple great local places, Milano's and The Sub House here.   I like subs, but skip the bell peppers.  

My contribution to the Souper Chili bowl is going to be some shredded barbecue beef.  As you realize- all you need is a crock pot, prep time 5 minutes, tossing a three pound chuck roast in with assorted ingredients, set on low and forget about it for 8 hours.   

Wife wants me to make a (small) batch of our stuffed mushrooms- that's a little more involved. Sautéing the destemmed 'shrooms in butter and crushed garlic, with a little white pepper and added brandy... Then stuffing them with cream cheese with chives, top with bacon and Italian blend cheese, bake until cheese is melted.    

There will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth among the sizable Bengals contingent at our Super Bowl Party if they manage to lose.  But they can drink heavily if that's the case.. this was from a previous Super Bowl extravaganza...   MHO is it's the Bengals shaky o-line against Aaron Donald and the Rams D.   

gT59zzzcg-Nwn3_bc9BoggL5cLJFGGhfCUK05PNW

• Upvote 1

wanted to make our greentomato/sage sausage/sweet pepper/bit of semi-hot pepper casserole...alas...

no green tomatoes. We made pepperoni and ham and cheese rolls.

with root beer. and diet dr pepper. and later some white pine needle tea.

GO BENGALS !

I have to find green tomatoes near nfl draft time......

• Upvote 1