THE BROWNS BOARD

• Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.

mjp28

11 hours ago, hoorta said:

I'm just a beef connoisseur.  "Certified Angus Beef" sounds nice, but doesn't mean much. angus beef- because the way the cattle are raised may make it easier to get a higher  grade- but US Choice or Prime is what matters. Then you get into a whole 'nother realm of 95% grocery stuff doesn't even rate- dry aged as opposed to wet aged that's top shelf restaurant grade. 

It's just one of many groups out there.  Here's one of the charts I like to refer to on cuts and grades, the "main three".  I know what I want on my grill.

grades.jpg

2 minutes ago, Marvin the Martian said:

Well I am a common sewer of fine food

Marvin, you've come to the right place.  So how've you been lately ? Watch any exciting football ?   ;)

9 hours ago, mjp28 said:

It's just one of many groups out there.  Here's one of the charts I like to refer to on cuts and grades, the "main three".  I know what I want on my grill.

grades.jpg

Yes-we're on the same page. The "gold standard"- if you can afford it, or even find it- is  14-21 day dry aged prime beef. Not only is "prime" beef only around 6% of all cows. Then hanging it to let it naturally tenderize results in even further weight loss.  We're talking almost fork tender. $$$.  Some folks (including me) think it gets too weird if you overdo it. One of my pals has a contact in a butcher store up in Wisconsin. We'll age that beef as long as you want me to- if you pay for it in advance. Six week aged beef is just too much of a good thing. MHO.  

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Yes-we're on the same page. The "gold standard"- if you can afford it, or even find it- is  14-21 day dry aged prime beef. Not only is "prime" beef only around 6% of all cows. Then hanging it to let it naturally tenderize results in even further weight loss.  We're talking almost fork tender. $$$.  Some folks (including me) think it gets too weird if you overdo it. One of my pals has a contact in a butcher store up in Wisconsin. We'll age that beef as long as you want me to- if you pay for it in advance. Six week aged beef is just too much of a good thing. MHO.  

Oh yes the good stuff like fine wines or cheese or spirits or beer or in my case premium handmade cigars.  When it comes to beef I like to refer to the USDA BEEF GRADES there are EIGHT GRADES but I also stick with the top three and a good butcher and meat store. Bon appetit and enjoy a good beverage and a good after dinner cigar !

There are eight different USDA beef grades: prime, choice, select, standard, commercial, utility, cutter and canner. Prime being the highest beef quality and canner being the lowest. When talking steaks the focus is on prime, choice and select. The main criteria that the USDA used when grading beef are intramuscular fat and the maturity of the beef. Color and texture of the beef are also taken into consideration when grading beef.

What is intramuscular fat and why is it important? Intramuscular fat, also known as marbling, is the dispersion of fat within the beef. The grade is judged by the amount and dispersion of fat in the ribeye, which is cut between the 12th and 13th rib. It is important because the marbeleization is responsible for giving the beef its tenderness and boost of flavor. Simply put, the fat is where it’s at! If you want to put this theory to the test, check out our steak taste test experiment, where we taste test the different beef grades.

Arturo Fuente Cigars.jpg

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Oh yes the good stuff like fine wines or cheese or spirits or beer or in my case premium handmade cigars.  When it comes to beef I like to refer to the USDA BEEF GRADES there are EIGHT GRADES but I also stick with the top three and a good butcher and meat store. Bon appetit and enjoy a good beverage and a good after dinner cigar !

1) I can tell what prime beef is just by looking at it in the meat counter- on by what you said about marbling. It gets tougher in the rare event the aged stuff actually gets put out there for sale.  

2) I'm a cigar wimp. Give me a Macanudo crystal cafe.  :)  

PS- I should mention. The taste test mentioned salting- which I highly recommend.  Dayton's nationally recognized Pine Club's steaks are 14 day wet aged top choice. In a weak moment- a former Assistant manager gave me a bottle of their seasoning- that I managed to closely replicate, no need now. Indianapolis' St. Elmo's equally renowned steak joint (Payton Manning had the key to the private dining room) started selling their steak seasoning- which is mighty close to the Pine Clubs.  

PPS- and I also should mention. If you're ever down Tampa way- DO NOT hesitate to get a reservation to Bern's Steakhouse. Not only is the cow of supurlative excellence, they also have (for us winos) the largest collection of wines to go with your steak in the world. This list resembles a small telephone book, or you can avail yourself to 150 wines by the glass.  :)   

• Thanks 1

Brunch before the game yesterday. Sous vide green Chile and adobo egg bites with ranchero sauce and crema. A griddled chorizo hash of sugar free chorizo, poblano, red bell pepper, daikon radish , onion, spinach and cilantro. Served with fried tomatillos topped in avocado. Crazy good and keto of course. 

D95170AA-1009-49B8-AB84-0689EB1CF434.jpeg

7FB59137-C8B4-4AC1-BA91-5310C85E37B6.jpeg

• Upvote 1

my simplest game meal is a few packages of Jimmy Dean sage sausage, well browned, and

simmered with a chunked up smallish cabbage. Add butter, salt pepper... I haven't decided to add any herbs yet.

It's a lot quicker than my hunkie junk, also using the same sage sausage, but with one or two small yellow and red bell peppers, a bunch of sweet banana peppers diced... and a bunch of green tomatoes diced added in. Maybe one Hungarian semi-hot banana pepper, but I can't find them anymore, nor even the seed....

1 hour ago, jcam222 said:

Brunch before the game yesterday. Sous vide green Chile and adobo egg bites with ranchero sauce and crema. A griddled chorizo hash of sugar free chorizo, poblano, red bell pepper, daikon radish , onion, spinach and cilantro. Served with fried tomatillos topped in avocado. Crazy good and keto of course. 

D95170AA-1009-49B8-AB84-0689EB1CF434.jpeg

7FB59137-C8B4-4AC1-BA91-5310C85E37B6.jpeg

That looks atrocious.

1 hour ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

MEAL, COMBAT INDIVIDUAL C-RATIONS, BEANS W/MEAT BALLS IN TOMATO SAUCE (BOX  ONLY) | Crazy Jim's

Screw that shit!!    Beef and Rice LRP is the way to go.! Traded all those C-rations with cigarettes to get these babies. Glad I was not a smoker.😋

9EDC646A-EEBB-40CF-93EA-686F67119683-1.j

The ration’s final 11 ounces (310 g) weight was a compromise between the original packet’s target weight of 5 ounces (140 g) and the base 1 pound (0.45 kg) target weight of the larger experimental Meal, Ready-to-Eat, Individual (MRE-I), a forerunner of the later MRE.

LRP rations of the mid-1960s were packed in a large cardboard box of twenty-four meals in eight varieties: 1) Beef hash, 2) Beef and rice, 3) Beef stew, 4) Chicken and rice, 5) Chicken stew, 6) Chili con carne, 7) Pork and scalloped potatoes, and 😎 Spaghetti with meat sauce. Each meal came in a tinfoil packet covered with olive-drab cloth, with a brown-foil accessory packet.

Since the LRP ration needed water to be hydrated before eating more water had to be carried or consumed if the ration was eaten dry. This defeated the purpose of the weight reduction. Water had to be carried extra for the ration or used locally. Of course local water in the tropics of Asia was a bad idea so iodine tablets had to be used to make the water safe. Because of these drawbacks production was limited and the ration issued to SOF troops. The LRP was used until the 80s when the MRE became the standard ration.

5 hours ago, jcam222 said:

Lol it was fantastic. Most of my feedback on multiple cooking sites was positive on the plating as well.  I’m always good with honest uncensored feedback though. 

How true.  People who don't try new things miss out on a  world of interesting experiences in our case here new GAMEDAY or anyday meals and a lot of things that go along with it.......including me  In the past maybe 10 (+/-) years my wife and I have expanded our culinary world -and- cookbook collection !  

This has led us to try new things and dishes some from scratch and shared them with guests and I have shared here and in my friends email list which has 20+ friends and ncludes several people here (anyone is welcome).  I also enjoy looking at everybody else's comments, pictures and recipes.

So try something new or different and bon appetit !     :)

• Thanks 1

Well it's time to get some GAMEDAY food ideas for the upcoming final NFL games and some anytime wintertime nice warming soups, stews and of course my favorite casserole dishes !

Hmmmmm, some new and maybe favorite old dishes , I have a few and.......

Screenshot_2021-01-19_195131.jpg

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Well it's time to get some GAMEDAY food ideas for the upcoming final NFL games and some anytime wintertime nice warming soups, stews and of course my favorite casserole dishes !

Hmmmmm, some new and maybe favorite old dishes , I have a few and.......

Screenshot_2021-01-19_195131.jpg

😋

https://thestayathomechef.com/

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Yes..... and I will have to try the classic french onion soup !

....... edit, I already have the recipe ready to go. Looks nice !

Edited by mjp28

What's better before a GAMEDAY or any Sunday or just any cold winter day than a good bowl 🥣 of homemade chicken soup !  I have picked a CHICKEN & WILD RICE SOUP this one is from Mr Food.  Why Mr Food, well I like his easy well tested often economical and always delicious recipes that don't need much tweaking. So here it is. (and see below for the chicken noodle soup)

https://www.mrfood.com/Soup-Recipes/Chicken-and-Wild-Rice-Soup-202922W

SERVES 8 and 1 hr 45 MINUTES for that homemade smell and taste.

There's nothing more warm and cozy than a big bowl of chicken soup. And when we're looking for a way to add even more heartiness to our bowls, noodles aren't the only option - wild rice is great too! Our Chicken & Wild Rice Soup is a warm-ya-up favorite that's full of flavor. 

What You'll Need

• 1 (3- to 4-pound) chicken, cut into quarters
  • 4 quarts water
  • 2 tablespoons chicken base
  • 3 carrots, cut into chunks
  • 3 celery stalks, cut into chunks
  • 2 onions, cut into chunks
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 (8-1/2-ounce) package cooked wild rice

What to Do

1. Rinse chicken under cold running water. In a soup pot over medium-high heat, combine all ingredients except wild rice; bring to a boil.

2. Reduce heat to low and simmer about 1-1/2 hours, or until chicken falls off bones. Cool slightly, then separate chicken from bones, discarding bones. Add chicken pieces and rice to soup, heat for 5 minutes and serve.

Chicken-and-Wild-Rice-Soup_ArticleImage-CategoryPage_ID-1824089.jpg

• Upvote 1

For TexAG and all you soup aficionados out there here is a classic FRENCH ONION SOUP recipe that is good enough for company or Sunday or even a special GAMEDAY meal.

Definitely a restaurant quality soup from the stay at home chef, check ✔️ it out !      https://thestayathomechef.com/french-onion-soup

French Onion Soup is made the classic way with a delicious caramelized onion soup topped with a toasted baguette and gooey melted Gruyere cheese. This soup is a restaurant favorite

SERVES 4.....PREP TIME  10 MINUTES    COOK TIME  1 HOUR    TOTAL TIME  1 HOUR 10 MINUTES

★  INGREDIENTS......and see the notes below.

2 tablespoons olive oil

6 medium yellow onions sliced

2 tablespoons butter

1 tablespoon minced garlic

8 cups beef broth

1/4 cup dry sherry (optional)

1 teaspoon dried thyme

1 teaspoon salt , or to taste

1/2 teaspoon black pepper , or to taste

Soup Topping

8 slices french bread baguette

2 tablespoons olive oil

4 slices gruyere or provolone cheese

2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese

★  INSTRUCTIONS

Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add in onions and saute until tender, about 5 to 7 minutes. Reduce heat to medium low and continue to cook onions until caramelized and golden, about 15 to 25 minutes, stirring every 3 to 5 minutes.

Add in butter and garlic. Let cook until butter melts and garlic is fragrant, about 2 minutes.

Pour in beef broth and sherry (if using). Season with thyme, salt, and black pepper. Add more seasoning to taste. Bring to a simmer and continue to simmer over medium-low heat for 20-30 minutes.

While the soup is simmering, brush each slice of baguette with olive oil on both sides. Place on a baking sheet and toast in the oven underneath the broil setting until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes. Flip and toast the other sides.

Place 4 oven-safe bowls onto a baking sheet. Ladle soup into bowls. Place two slices of toasted baguette on each one. Top with a slice of grueyere cheese and finish with 1/2 tablespoon of parmesan cheese on each bowl.

Slide baking sheet carefully into the oven underneath the broil setting until cheese is bubbling and starting to brown, about 2-3 minutes. Watch closely as broil times may vary. Serve immediately.

★  NOTES

If you do not have oven-safe bowls, you can simply put your cheeses onto your toasted French bread slices and melt under the broiler to make little cheesy toasts. When your soup is ready to serve, ladle soup into regular soup bowls and top with your cheesy toasts. 

WHAT BREAD IS BEST FOR FRENCH ONION SOUP?

We think that a good quality French baguette just can’t be beat in this recipe. However, any artisan bread should work, and we’ve even seen croutons used! The higher the quality of your bread or croutons, the better this will taste.

DRY SHERRY: OPTIONAL

The use of dry sherry is completely optional in this recipe. You can substitute with white wine if you simply don’t have access to sherry. You can also omit the alcohol entirely. 

WHAT KIND OF BOWLS CAN I USE FOR INDIVIDUAL SERVINGS?

A broiler-safe and deep bowl is the name of the game with French Onion Soup. If you’ve never used your soup bowls under the broiler and they don’t say oven/broiler safe, you will want to find something else to use. We’re a big fan of the traditional soup crocks or large ramekins.

If you do not have oven-safe bowls, you can simply put your cheeses onto your toasted French bread slices and melt under the broiler to make little cheesy toasts. When your soup is ready to serve, ladle soup into regular soup bowls and top with your cheesy toasts. 

MAKE-AHEAD INSTRUCTIONS:

You can prepare your soup earlier in the day or the night before and refrigerate. When you are getting ready to serve, reheat it on the stovetop and then proceed with toasting your bread and adding the cheese and broiling.

French-Onion-Soup-5.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I belong to a foodie group now that does a Chopped challenge monthly. In my first month in the group I was honored to win the monthly cover photo challenge. This is my first attempt at the Chopped challenge and I’m pumped to compete! This months “basket” is pork belly, instant grits, lemon lime soda and honey. Pondered Asian flavors but went southern. Pork belly burnt ends finished in a 7up BBQ sauce on a white cheddar and chive griddled grit cake with sweet and spicy fried green tomatoes and pickled red  onion.  Creamy grits inside the crispy cake with the rich melt in your mouth pork is decadent. The fried tomato and onions really complement the richness of the pork. To utilize my basket the pork belly was cubed and then marinated overnight in a diet 7up and soy with garlic solution. The bbq sauce is diet 7up based with sugar free ketchup, Worcestershire, Brown Swerve and spices including onion , garlic, red pepper , black pepper and a little allspice and ginger. Grit cake is  instant grits with cheddar and chives stirred in. Refrigerated overnight in circular molds and then fried on the griddle until nice and crispy. Green tomatoes are breaded in instant grits mixed with red pepper and paprika, fried and brushed with honey. Lastly I quick pickled  the red onion in vinegar , Swerve and some red pepper. Pretty tasty, I kept the belly keto so I can eat it. The rest goes to our daughter haha. The pork belly burnt ends and picked onion hit the spot watching the game tonight  couldn’t help but think that we would have been there beating Buffalo had they called that hit on Higgins  

A71F7BEB-E16C-4610-A37F-5365D55F0905.jpeg

6415862B-65BC-468B-BF88-1E2BA70C5ACB.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 1/24/2021 at 10:34 PM, jcam222 said:

I belong to a foodie group now that does a Chopped challenge monthly.  * In my first month in the group I was honored to win the monthly cover photo challenge. This is my first attempt at the Chopped challenge and I’m pumped to compete! This months “basket” is pork belly, instant grits, lemon lime soda and honey.

Pondered Asian flavors but went southern. Pork belly burnt ends finished in a 7up BBQ sauce on a white cheddar and chive griddled grit cake with sweet and spicy fried green tomatoes and pickled red  onion.  Creamy grits inside the crispy cake with the rich melt in your mouth pork is decadent. The fried tomato and onions really complement the richness of the pork. To utilize my basket the pork belly was cubed and then marinated overnight in a diet 7up and soy with garlic solution. The bbq sauce is diet 7up based with sugar free ketchup, Worcestershire, Brown Swerve and spices including onion , garlic, red pepper , black pepper and a little allspice and ginger. Grit cake is  instant grits with cheddar and chives stirred in. Refrigerated overnight in circular molds and then fried on the griddle until nice and crispy. Green tomatoes are breaded in instant grits mixed with red pepper and paprika, fried and brushed with honey. Lastly I quick pickled  the red onion in vinegar , Swerve and some red pepper. Pretty tasty, I kept the belly keto so I can eat it. The rest goes to our daughter haha. The pork belly burnt ends and picked onion hit the spot watching the game tonight  couldn’t help but think that we would have been there beating Buffalo had they called that hit on Higgins  

* I can see why in the colorful presentation department.

I now try and include a good picture with any recipe I put online or in my friends email group.  A black and white recipe just doesn't have the same interest or appeal as a good picture..... which is. worth a thousand words, or bites !   :)

I'm working on a few now.

• Upvote 1

On 1/17/2021 at 8:32 PM, hoorta said:

I was just thinking about the USDA beef grading system and was wondering how it would compare with Kobe beef and the Wagyu beef which I have never tried before.  I would be interested to hear from anyone else here has tried it and your impression of it.  Kobe takes marbeling to a whole different level.

Kobe beef, "Tajima cattle"

Tajima cattle has a history dating back over 1,200 years ago, being written about in books at that time. Located north of Hyogo, Tajima is blessed with an optimal environment suited to raise Tajima cattle. A wide area of land is available for the cattle to roam in a stress-free environment where they have abundance of healthy grass and an ideally suited variable climate. In addition, the pure water is extremely important for raising the cattle, not to mention the wild mountain grass which contain indispensable herbs.

The grades of beef

Kobe beef is classified into grades of A, B and C with A being the highest, and also given a rating of 1-5, based on four criteria: fat marbling; the colour and brightness of the meat; its firmness and texture; and the colour and brightness of the fat. They are also given a B.M.S. value which stands for “beef marbling standard.” It is the ratio of marbling that the beef has, and is graded on a scale of 1-12. At Ishida, the Choice Kobe beef course is always the best grade, grade A5 with the highest B.M.S. value, 10-12 Kobe beef. The higher the rank of the class of beef, the more the beef will have a luxuriously tender sublime melt-your-mouth feeling, and have a different succulent lightness and indescribable taste of umami. Relax in extravagance and savor each bite of luxuriously high-quality sumptuous Kobe beef at Kobe Beef Steak Ishida.

850_532.jpg

Just a quick look at the Kobe and Wagyu beef world looks great and expensive.  Something for a GAMEDAY grilling ?

7f1dffc0f39f4908957f1b8fcdd3b5b3.jpg

1*A4yJkC6amcOTd2DNLy1uMg.png

A little more on our BROWNS BOARD beef and steak grillin' guide 101. Which is which and which is better eating........and what do they cost?  I've always believed that outside of a few ranching countries the USA is the meat capital of the world.     :)

And look where the USDA CHOICE fits in with the BMS GRADING SYSTEM like they say everything is relative.   What steaks do you grill by grade, cut or price ?  Do you tenderize, use steak sauce, seasonings or something else ?

Do you primarily do steak, chops, sausage, chicken, burgers, 🌭 hotdogs, seafood, veggies or others on the grill ?  And yes what's on sale is also a good choice !

Inquiring minds want to know.   :huh:

Screenshot_2021-01-27_132728.jpg

Screenshot_2021-01-27_132702.jpg

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

A little more on our BROWNS BOARD beef and steak grillin' guide 101. Which is which and which is better eating........and what do they cost?  I've always believed that outside of a few ranching countries the USA is the meat capital of the world.     :)

And look where the USDA CHOICE fits in with the BMS GRADING SYSTEM like they say everything is relative.   What steaks do you grill by grade, cut or price ?  Do you tenderize, use steak sauce, seasonings or something else ?

Do you primarily do steak, chops, sausage, chicken, burgers, 🌭 hotdogs, seafood, veggies or others on the grill ?  And yes what's on sale is also a good choice !

Inquiring minds want to know.   :huh:

I've only had Kobe once- a long time ago in a high end restaurant in San Francisco. I have no idea what the grade of it was, but I wasn't terribly impressed.  I'll look for the best grade that catches my eye. Sirloin can be iffy, but I picked up a nice 7 ounce one at Kroger's for $5.99 a pound. If I see prime or dry aged when I'm in expansive mood, I'll buy it.  Our local boutique market Dorothy Lane always has some really great filet available- at the ouch! price of $36 a pound.  (the occasionally have it on sale for $11 less) I'd be remiss if I didn't mention some Kroger's are offering shrink wrapped 14 day wet aged NY strips (10 ounce) at what works out to $20 a pound.  

As to what I grill, it's steaks, rarely hamburgers, and occasionally barbecued pork chops or blackened prime rib.  Yeah, I put that cast iron skillet right on top of the Weber, and heat it up to around 500 degrees.  

Seasonings? I highly recommend both of these  St. Elmos Amazon is trying to charge $9 bucks for it, but that's a rip off price, so shop around. 

For a blackened steak- this can't be beat..  Blackened Steak Magic

PS in my skiing days- we had a guy who would come over from Switzerland to ski with us in Colorado. Not only better snow, but he said USA beef was incomparably better that what he could get over in Europe.  LOL, it didn't hurt him driving 90 MPH through Kansas either to get us from Ohio to Colorado in under 20 hours.  :)  

3 hours ago, mjp28 said:

I was just thinking about the USDA beef grading system and was wondering how it would compare with Kobe beef and the Wagyu beef which I have never tried before.  I would be interested to hear from anyone else here has tried it and your impression of it.  Kobe takes marbeling to a whole different level.

Kobe beef, "Tajima cattle"

Tajima cattle has a history dating back over 1,200 years ago, being written about in books at that time. Located north of Hyogo, Tajima is blessed with an optimal environment suited to raise Tajima cattle. A wide area of land is available for the cattle to roam in a stress-free environment where they have abundance of healthy grass and an ideally suited variable climate. In addition, the pure water is extremely important for raising the cattle, not to mention the wild mountain grass which contain indispensable herbs.

The grades of beef

Kobe beef is classified into grades of A, B and C with A being the highest, and also given a rating of 1-5, based on four criteria: fat marbling; the colour and brightness of the meat; its firmness and texture; and the colour and brightness of the fat. They are also given a B.M.S. value which stands for “beef marbling standard.” It is the ratio of marbling that the beef has, and is graded on a scale of 1-12. At Ishida, the Choice Kobe beef course is always the best grade, grade A5 with the highest B.M.S. value, 10-12 Kobe beef. The higher the rank of the class of beef, the more the beef will have a luxuriously tender sublime melt-your-mouth feeling, and have a different succulent lightness and indescribable taste of umami. Relax in extravagance and savor each bite of luxuriously high-quality sumptuous Kobe beef at Kobe Beef Steak Ishida.

850_532.jpg

I don't have a WOW! emoticon.  But that BMS12 is silly. You may as well take a piece of fat you trimmed off a NY strip and call it BMS 12.  :D  

PS I did a little on line shopping. Kobe and Wagyu is available in the US- but you had better hit the lottery to be able to afford it. Like at $120-350 bucks a pound.  

And I thought that wild boar prosciutto (Jambon Iberico)at $70 bucks a pound was outrageous.   BTW, the night meat department guy let me try a couple slices- and I didn't see what the excitement was all about. I suppose the above is for the guys who have money to burn- like splurging on $500+ bottles of wine- because they can afford to.  

And as I told my wine appreciation class- just because a wine is 10 times more expensive doesn't necessarily make it 10 times better.  

20 hours ago, hoorta said:

I don't have a WOW! emoticon.  But that BMS12 is silly. You may as well take a piece of fat you trimmed off a NY strip and call it BMS 12.  :D  

PS I did a little on line shopping. Kobe and Wagyu is available in the US- but you had better hit the lottery to be able to afford it. Like at $120-350 bucks a pound.  

And I thought that wild boar prosciutto (Jambon Iberico)at $70 bucks a pound was outrageous.   BTW, the night meat department guy let me try a couple slices- and I didn't see what the excitement was all about. I suppose the above is for the guys who have money to burn- like splurging on $500+ bottles of wine- because they can afford to.  

And as I told my wine appreciation class- just because a wine is 10 times more expensive doesn't necessarily make it 10 times better.  

And anything rated BMS6 or higher is better than any USDA ranking including USDA PRIME.  Amazing stuff if it's true and fair.

I've also read and have been told "watch out for fake Kobe" but that goes for any meat and seafood like lobster, crab or monk fish that's just a cheap whitefish.

That's why it pays to go to a good meat store or butcher.

The stuff you learn on The Browns Board including good GAMEDAY food !