THE BROWNS BOARD

• Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.

mjp28

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

Anybody going to do anything special for MNF GAMEDAY ?  It might be a very important game for the BROWNS especially with the Steelers losing on SNF.

Baltimore, the two New York teams then finish up with Pittsburgh a great time to fire up the grill or oven.

GO BROWNS !

No grilling, but We'll start early on MNF Countdown with the wine and other usual stuff. I might fire up Bob's grill and do something if I'm in the mood. Or it just might be pizza... 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, hoorta said:

No grilling, but We'll start early on MNF Countdown with the wine and other usual stuff. I might fire up Bob's grill and do something if I'm in the mood. Or it just might be pizza... 

Finishing off a Lodi California Zinfandel and maybe a loaded pizza from Domino's.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

Just put a ribeye on the grill with a baked tater. Might have a couple beers too

Oh yes a great combo with a couple of cold beers.

I had a baked potato with butter and sour cream.........minus the grilled ribeye, not on the hospital menu.  :(

56 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

I had a baked potato with butter and sour cream.........minus the grilled ribeye, not on the hospital menu.  :(

Had cheddar cheese on the tatter too

3 hours ago, mjp28 said:

You could always ask Nurse Ratched for a nice slow warm enema!🧐🧚‍♀️

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, Browns149 said:

Just put a ribeye on the grill with a baked tater. Might have a couple beers too

Did anyone else fire up the grill for the classic MNF game?  Too bad they lost but it was a good game.

10 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Did anyone else fire up the grill for the classic MNF game?  Too bad they lost but it was a good game.

I fired up my griddle and did some seared Kalbi style Korean BBQ ribs with stir fry noodles and steamed broccoli. Made Crispy Enoki mushroom cakes with a Korean bbq aioli for an appetizer.  

795726F0-9EFF-4BC2-8481-7236F6A14975.jpeg

99AB27A8-483B-42C7-AAC9-5477CADCFE12.jpeg

B5DD85BD-CF30-4DC9-A2D4-58DD06B83B88.jpeg

• Like 1

Someday, I hope to watch a Browns game down in Louisiana and chow down on frog legs and crawfish.

and alligator.

https://www.food.com/recipe/frog-legs-373681

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/99238/boiled-crawfish/

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/84273/alligator-fingers/

12 hours ago, mjp28 said:

na man pouring down rain here but the wife made a killer winter soup you on your way home soon ?

8 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

It's cold in Boston - oven was my option.

I made chicken stuffed with spicy guacamole wrapped in bacon and added a spicy Indian chickpea curry over pasta.

This goes well with expensive tequila.

Sister in law and her husband live in Bedford fairly close to the Air Force base.

34 minutes ago, ATOM said:

na man pouring down rain here but the wife made a killer winter soup you on your way home soon ?

At first it was on/about January 11, 2021 found out today it might be the end of the year.  I've been in for 15 days now, same stuff my hip's infected again on IV meds.

The big deal is dealing around the covid-19 stuff.  Two or four more weeks of hospital food not too bad here a specialty hospital with 28 beds.  I'm trying to skip any extra PT rehab.

Until then GO BROWNS !

3 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Someday, I hope to watch a Browns game down in Louisiana and chow down on frog legs and crawfish.

and alligator.

https://www.food.com/recipe/frog-legs-373681

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/99238/boiled-crawfish/

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/84273/alligator-fingers/

You will have to wait until at least  2026......as we only play the Saints every 4 years, and the next time we play them, we play them at home:

Unless we play in the Super Bowl the previous year:

Super Bowl LIX
Sunday, February 9, 2025*
Mercedes-Benz Superdome – New Orleans, LA

10 hours ago, jcam222 said:

No just a hobby. If I weren’t 58 and well into a career that forces me nuts I would be :)

That's the way I look at it, I've always liked good restaurants and more and more cooking at home grill or oven.  I started collecting cookbooks many years ago primarily used and we now have over 100.

Jcam does some really good looking grilling spreads here ! 

Everybody has to eat we just like to eat well and I enjoy sharing varied, easy and delicious  GAMEDAY  tailgating and party foods many are good for anyday and have for over 15 years online and have an email list for now over 20 friends and neighbors.  If anyone here want to be included just give me your email address.

So to everyone here on the BROWNS BOARD I wish you all a:

Bon appetit !  Which means 

interjection French(I wish you) a hearty appetite.   :)

• Like 1

Here is a recipe from 2018 that I am putting up here my wife's NJ's TRI MUSHROOM BORDELAISE which is great with a steak hot off the grill or as a side dish. A great GAMEDAY mushroom dish maybe over a nice ribeye.     One of my all-time favorites.

(again here is one of my favorite mushroom dishes ....oh NJ is my wife, a great scratch cook )

NJ's TRI-MUSHROOM BORDELAISE for steaks and chops or as a side dish, serves 4

In a one quart sausepan:
2 Tbsp butter or margarine
2 Tbsp flour 
Cook together in saucepan stirring often until lightly browned 

Dry ingredients:
1 1/2 Tbsp minced onions or shallots
1 Tbsp minced dry pasrley
1 Bay leaf
1/4 tsp thyme crushed
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground pepper

Add dry ingredients to the butter and flour
Then slowly stir in:
10 1/2 oz. Beef broth
3/4 cup good red wine

Increase heat to medium high; cook stirring constantly until thick; remove Bay leaf

Add sauce to mushrooms that have been sautéed in butter; add snipped Parsley to garnish
1 cup Portabella mushrooms (a very large, rich-flavored cremini mushroom, often grilled, broiled, or sautéed)
1 cup Button mushrooms (a young unopened white mushroom)
1 cup Shiitake mushrooms (a large, meaty, black or dark brown mushroom)

*edit - adding a crushed clove of garlic to dry ingredients is optional....and also pretty good

8309061.jpg

76ceac559711b5caceac95b1d01443e2.jpg

19 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Here is a recipe from 2018 that I am putting up here my wife's NJ's TRI MUSHROOM BORDELAISE which is great with a steak hot off the grill or as a side dish. A great GAMEDAY mushroom dish maybe over a nice ribeye.     One of my all-time favorites.

(again here is one of my favorite mushroom dishes ....oh NJ is my wife, a great scratch cook )

NJ's TRI-MUSHROOM BORDELAISE for steaks and chops or as a side dish, serves 4

In a one quart sausepan:
2 Tbsp butter or margarine
2 Tbsp flour 
Cook together in saucepan stirring often until lightly browned 

Dry ingredients:
1 1/2 Tbsp minced onions or shallots
1 Tbsp minced dry pasrley
1 Bay leaf
1/4 tsp thyme crushed
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground pepper

Add dry ingredients to the butter and flour
Then slowly stir in:
10 1/2 oz. Beef broth
3/4 cup good red wine

Increase heat to medium high; cook stirring constantly until thick; remove Bay leaf

Add sauce to mushrooms that have been sautéed in butter; add snipped Parsley to garnish
1 cup Portabella mushrooms (a very large, rich-flavored cremini mushroom, often grilled, broiled, or sautéed)
1 cup Button mushrooms (a young unopened white mushroom)
1 cup Shiitake mushrooms (a large, meaty, black or dark brown mushroom)

*edit - adding a crushed clove of garlic to dry ingredients is optional....and also pretty

So do you slice up those mushrooms and if so how small?

EDIT: Never mind-I can see them in the picture-looks great!

23 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

So do you slice up those mushrooms and if so how small?

EDIT: Never mind-I can see them in the picture-looks great!

We find you can do it any manner that you prefer.  We like thin sliced on steaks an a little more spoon size for a side dish.  After you ty it you'll have a better idea.

We originally had this as a side dish at a local restaurant we went to for over 11 years the Springfield Grill in Boardman Ohio when it was run by our friend Michael Alberini.  When he left the new guy changed and reduced the menu.  My wife did our recipe to taste.

This is basically a Bordelaise dish but we like it on the thicker side and like the three mushrooms rather than just buttons but you will see when you try it.  Like I said it's one of my favorites !  :)

• Thanks 1

Tonight’s pregame meal.  A nice antipasto salad with an Italian sausage sandwich. Antipasto was fresh mozzarella, red onion, old world pepperoni, kalamatta olives and grape tomatoes tossed in olive oil and a touch of white wine vinegar ,lemon juice and Italian seasoning. Served on some romaine , yellow bell pepper and Parmesan. Sandwich is garlic chaffles, fried onion and peppers, Italian sausage patties, lots of mozzarella and marinara. Garnished with a little red bell pepper , olive bruschetta and a hot Calabrian pepper.GO BROWNS!! 

4C1892AD-0E6C-4289-89E0-B4824CDDDB34.jpeg

5FA5F982-348F-429D-8124-57A56506F463.jpeg

647D85BF-FE85-4AFD-BFBB-198F175FD1CC.jpeg

1139BF4C-46CF-4EDA-92C1-0DF3F1CE3FB8.jpeg

• Like 1

Simple use of leftover beef tenderloin for gametime snacks....

Sliced tenderloin, sliced cucumber, horseradish sauce, & slider buns. I used Woeber's bottled sauce & it was great.

Mike

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Canton Mike said:

Simple use of leftover beef tenderloin for gametime snacks....

Sliced tenderloin, sliced cucumber, horseradish sauce, & slider buns. I used Woeber's bottled sauce & it was great.

Mike

Oh yes you can't beat Woeblers horseradish sauce and steak.......ummmmm !

Like it on Arby's RB sandwiches with swiss cheese once in awhile too.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Oh yes you can't beat Woeblers horseradish sauce and steak.......ummmmm !

Like it on Arby's RB sandwiches with swiss cheese once in awhile too.

Today Zatarain's Red Beans and Rice with two Elgin Hot Sausages cut up, browned and thrown in the pot with rest. And the last of a nice Tempranillo from Spain to wash it down.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Today Zatarain's Red Beans and Rice with two Elgin Hot Sausages cut up, browned and thrown in the pot with rest. And the last of a nice Tempranillo from Spain to wash it down.

I think that is one of your favorite dishes, nice combo with the beans and rice and hot sausage......not bad.