THE BROWNS BOARD

• Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.

mjp28

1 hour ago, Icecube said:

We call those "twice baked" potatoes and usually have only once a year - on Christmas day (with standing rib roast). But we also toss in some cheddar cheese as well.  They are fairly laborious, but mmmmmmmmmmmmmm, mmmmmmmmmmm, mmmmmmmmmmm so good. 

Actually they aren't that hard to whip up and taste so good !  Plus all of the various toppings you can mix in.  Great with steaks, chops or whatever.

Remember to use the big Russets great bakers but others can work.

Bon appetit !  (now I'm hungry for one!  :P)

3 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Actually they aren't that hard to whip up and taste so good !  Plus all of the various toppings you can mix in.  Great with steaks, chops or whatever.

Remember to use the big Russets great bakers but others can work.

Bon appetit !  (now I'm hungry for one!  :P)

The hard part is digging the guts out after the 1st baking. I have trouble not ripping the skin. 

9 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

Sorry I was in town the week before and I  a couple original everythings.

I told them it was my annual wedgewood fix so make it with extra love.  They delivered!!!

Hey SD, today was Fernando's 90th birthday.  They had a TV 21 camera in the Wedgewood Pizza Austintown store and they had a clip of him on the 6 pm news.

That's a lot of pizzas !

On 11/11/2020 at 5:01 PM, Icecube said:

The hard part is digging the guts out after the 1st baking. I have trouble not ripping the skin. 

My tips:. Start with  big russets easier to carve out and a good light baking and mashing potato.

Don't scoop out too close to the skin edge of the potato give yourself some room to work.

I like to take a good sharp knife and after cutting off your potato lid take the point of the knife and start by cutting straight down to start cutting up your filling before scooping out the filling with a small or large spoon depending on how good you are scooping out the filling. Go slow don't hurry yourself getting it out making sure you leave a good wall all around the inside of the potato.  

The same with filling in the inside go slow so you don't tear out the side walls.

It just takes a little practice and in no time you will get the hang of it.

Then just figure out which ingredients you like, mild or sharp cheddar is a  delicious choice and enjoy !  :D

BBQ ONE-POT CHILI   another comfort food recipe from Mr Food.  Nothing better than a GAMEDAY one-pot chili meal, mmmmm.  :)

SERVES.  6.  COOK TIME. 50. MINUTES

This chili is meant to be shared. Made with a special ingredient that adds a touch of smokiness, it's a stand-out chili recipe that's absolutely delicious and totally comforting. Make our BBQ One-Pot Chili the next time you're looking for something that'll really warm their hearts (and their bellies!).

What You'll Need

1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 pounds ground beef
1 large onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
2 (15-1/2-ounce) cans kidney beans, drained
2 cups barbecue sauce
2 tablespoons chili powder
2 teaspoons cumin
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper

What to Do

In a large pot over medium-high heat, heat oil until hot. Add beef, onion, and garlic, and cook until meat is browned, stirring occasionally; drain off excess liquid. Add tomatoes, kidney beans, barbecue sauce, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper; stir to mix well.

Cover and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. 

Notes
Craving even more ground beef chili recipes? Click here to check out even more of our favorites!

BBQ-One-Pot-Chili_ArticleImage-CategoryPage_ID-1700070.jpg

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:
BBQ ONE-POT CHILI   another comfort food recipe from Mr Food.  Nothing better than a GAMEDAY one-pot chili meal, mmmmm.  :)

SERVES.  6.  COOK TIME. 50. MINUTES

This chili is meant to be shared. Made with a special ingredient that adds a touch of smokiness, it's a stand-out chili recipe that's absolutely delicious and totally comforting. Make our BBQ One-Pot Chili the next time you're looking for something that'll really warm their hearts (and their bellies!).

What You'll Need

1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 pounds ground beef
1 large onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
2 (15-1/2-ounce) cans kidney beans, drained
2 cups barbecue sauce
2 tablespoons chili powder
2 teaspoons cumin
1 1/2 teaspoons salt

What to Do

In a large pot over medium-high heat, heat oil until hot. Add beef, onion, and garlic, and cook until meat is browned, stirring occasionally; drain off excess liquid. Add tomatoes, kidney beans, barbecue sauce, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper; stir to mix well.

Cover and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. 

Notes
Craving even more ground beef chili recipes? Click here to check out even more of our favorites!

BBQ-One-Pot-Chili_ArticleImage-CategoryPage_ID-1700070.jpg

Ever have "Cincinnati chili?" It's chili, but poured on top of spaghetti noodles with sour cream, chives and shredded cheddar on top. It is mmm mmm good. 

On 11/13/2020 at 10:40 AM, Icecube said:

Ever have "Cincinnati chili?" It's chili, but poured on top of spaghetti noodles with sour cream, chives and shredded cheddar on top. It is mmm mmm good. 

I've never tried Cincinnati Chili but you can put chili over macaroni or other pastas as a thick spaghetti sauce with decent results.

Adding cheese might be like putting cheese on chili or pasta.  Try it !

-And- for a real quick, easy, economical meal grab some of the pasta you have on the shelf make it according to package directions.  Open and heat can of chili  and pour over the pasta when done.  On top of everything add shredded cheese and maybe hot 🔥 pepper flakes.

You have chili pasta !  

Then bon appetit !  ( interjection French. (I wish you) a hearty appetite. )

5 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

I've never tried Cincinnati Chili but you can put chili over macaroni or other pastas as a thick spaghetti sauce with decent results.

Adding cheese might be like putting cheese on chili or pasta.  Try it !

It's horrible.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

It's horrible.

Food can be very subjective varying from state to state or region to region and for sure county to county.

Subjective - adjective

1. existing in the mind; belonging to the thinking subject rather than to the object of thought (opposed to objective).
2. pertaining to or characteristic of an individual; personal; individual:a subjective evaluation.
3. placing excessive emphasis on one's own moods, attitudes, opinions, etc.; unduly egocentric.

CHEDDAR POTATO CASSEROLE another quick and easy dish from Mr Food.  Whether it's for a GAMEDAY side dish or for a weeknight dinner or even a Thanksgiving potato dish your gang will love it......in only 45 minutes.     https://www.mrfood.com/Casseroles/Cheddar-Potato-Casserole-707 

SERVES 8.  COOK TIME.  45 MINUTES

Need an easy POTATO CASSEROLE side dish that requires very little prep? Try out our CHEDDAR POTATO CASSEROLE. It's so simple to put together and it bakes up to a crisp golden brown. These cheesy, creamy potatoes are sure to be a hit at your dinner table!

What You'll Need

• 1/2 cups water
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1/2 cups instant potato flakes
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
  • 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
  • 1/2 cup heavy cream

What to Do

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray, set aside.

2. In a large saucepan over high heat, bring water, butter, salt, and pepper to a boil. Remove saucepan from heat and stir in potato flakes and onion; mix well.

3. Spoon mixture into baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese and top with cream.

4. Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until heated through and the edges are golden.

Note

For all of you who are skeptical about using instant potato flakes, go ahead and give 'em a try in this recipe. You won't be disappointed.

Cheddar-Potato-Casserole_ArticleImage-CategoryPage_ID-1842208.jpg

NO FUSS SALISBURY STEAK    recipe, good for the Eagles vs BROWNS  GAMEDAY or any day in 35 minutes. 

SERVES 4.   COOK TIME.  35 MINUTES

Can you guess some of the reasons we love this recipe so much? We love it not only because it's delicious, but also because it's no stress and no fuss! This No Fuss Salisbury Steak is easy and delicious- our kind of recipe!

What You'll Need
1 pound ground beef
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
3 tablespoons plain bread crumbs
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 (8-ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
1 small onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
1 3/4 cups beef broth
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon cornstarch

What to Do
In a large bowl, combine beef, chopped onion, bread crumbs, salt, and pepper; stir well. Shape mixture into 4 patties.
In a large skillet over medium heat, cook patties 5 minutes on each side. Remove patties from skillet, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet. Set patties aside.
Over medium-high heat, cook mushrooms and sliced onion in drippings 5 minutes, or until tender, stirring constantly.  Add broth and Worcestershire sauce to skillet. Return patties to skillet; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes. Remove patties from skillet with a slotted spoon; place on a platter and keep warm.
In a small bowl, combine water and cornstarch; stir well. Add to broth mixture and bring to a boil; cook 1 minute or until thickened, stirring constantly. Spoon over patties and serve!

Check This Out!
We don't know about you, but Salisbury Steak makes us crave other diner favorites! Make our Reuben Melts, our Old-Fashioned Patty Melts, or our Banana Cream Pie!

Plus, if you're looking for a perfect side dish for this salisbury steak recipe, try these Award Winning Mashed Potatoes or our Steakhouse Creamed Spinach.

For more amazing ground beef recipes, make our Hawaiian Meatballs, our Bacon-Barbecue Joe, or our Taco Beef Pot Pie! 
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
 Easy Weeknight Dinners: 20 Recipes for the Busy Cook.

No-Fuss-Salisbury-Steak_ArticleImage-CategoryPage_ID-1136034.jpg

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

My favorite cafeteria food in Junior High.

Never gets old and it's still quick and easy.   You can vary the mushrooms for a varied taste.

Buttons or baby (porta)bellos or crementi or shiitake or whatever you like.    ;)

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

My favorite cafeteria food in Junior High.

My wife liked them in school.  Easy to make you hungry for a quick meal.

Even a guy can buy ground meat, onions, a package of mushrooms or two, beef broth and some staples in the pantry and throw them together for a meal with a good side like mashed potatoes (see refrigerated section) maybe some creamed spinach, mmmmmm.   Beats fries and a burger !!!!

Bon appetit !   :D

Award Winning Mashed Potatoes from Mr Food to go along with his SALISBURY STEAK and many other meals.  OK I had to do it, here are the easy AWARD WINNING MASHED POTATOES to go along with everything else.

https://www.mrfood.com/Potatoes-Rice/Award-Winning-Mashed-Potatoes-by-Mr-Food

SERVES. 4. COOKING TIME. 25. MINUTES

This Award Winning Mashed Potatoes recipe is sure to make you feel like a winner anytime you serve them. Whether for a holiday or any day you'll always end up with a creamy, fluffy result.

What You'll Need:

2 1/2 pounds Idaho Russet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks

1/2 stick butter, softened

4 ounces cream cheese

1/4 cup milk

1/4 cup sliced chives or 4 scallions, sliced thin (optional)

1 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon black pepper

What To Do:

Place potato chunks in a soup pot and add just enough water to cover.

Bring to a boil over high heat and cook 20 to 25 minutes, or until tender. Drain well and return potatoes to pot. Place back on heat 1 minute to make sure all water is gone. 

Add remaining ingredients and beat with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Serve immediately. 

Notes

For more delicious recipes and information about Idaho potatoes, click here.

Go ahead and check out our Thanksgiving e-cookbook for more great holiday recipes!

Best-Mashed-Potatoes-blog.jpg

• Upvote 1

Feeling under the weather this weekend so easy soup of some sort was the plan for game day.   Winged it and made what I’ll call Keto Lazy Red Chicken chili. When I say lazy I mean I wanted as little prep work as possible. 1 large onion diced and sautéed. 4 cups of canned chicken, 4 10 oz. cans of undrained diced tomatoes, 2 cups chicken stock, 2 small cans of diced hit hatch Chile’s, 6 oz. tomato paste. 1-2 T each of chili powder and cumin, 1 t garlic powder. Simmered for 20 -30 minutes. Topped with crema,avocado and black olives with some lime slices. Not fancy but very tasty! This should burn the bacteria from my throat 😂.   The canned chicken was a very nice grade from GFS that had some nice fat and collagen with it. 

09814E0B-A378-42E0-8E76-EFD77F8A0BAE.jpeg

• Upvote 2

For the week 11 GAMEDAY supper meal the wife is cooking up some Joe regular CHILI with meat and kidney beans but with some yellow butternut squash.

Hmmm, I'll have to see how that comes out.

And of course earlier today GO BROWNS, 7-3...... baby !      :D

5 hours ago, jcam222 said:

Feeling under the weather this weekend so easy soup of some sort was the plan for game day.   Winged it and made what I’ll call Keto Lazy Red Chicken chili. When I say lazy I mean I wanted as little prep work as possible. 1 large onion diced and sautéed. 4 cups of canned chicken, 4 10 oz. cans of undrained diced tomatoes, 2 cups chicken stock, 2 small cans of diced hit hatch Chile’s, 6 oz. tomato paste. 1-2 T each of chili powder and cumin, 1 t garlic powder. Simmered for 20 -30 minutes. Topped with crema,avocado and black olives with some lime slices. Not fancy but very tasty! This should burn the bacteria from my throat 😂.   The canned chicken was a very nice grade from GFS that had some nice fat and collagen with it. 

Oh I showed your E-Z Chicken Chili to my wife....she said it looked like a good dip.   We haven't made Chicken Chili in awhile.  

Bon appetit !

• Upvote 1

On 11/22/2020 at 5:21 PM, mjp28 said:

For the week 11 GAMEDAY supper meal the wife is cooking up some Joe regular CHILI with meat and kidney beans but with some yellow butternut squash.

Hmmm, I'll have to see how that comes out.

And of course earlier today GO BROWNS, 7-3...... baby !      :D

Oh BTW  my wife's CHILI CON CARNE with KIDNEY BEANS and her special  ORANGE ( not really yellow) BUTTERNUT SQUASH was really good but that's not a big surprise being that she's a true scratch cook but it did come out delicious.

The butternut squash did give it a nice sweet mild taste that went along well with her Joe regular CHILI con Carne and Kidney bean chili.  It wasn't really a hot chili or fireball chili taste at all.  We don't really have a recipe for it YET she just threw it together kind of like how my grandmother cooked.......the best cook I've ever known.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ SO NOW THAT IS OVER WHAT IS EVERYONE HAVING FOR THANKSGIVING DAY ?  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Traditional Thanksgiving Day fixins ?  Turkey plus or maybe something else ?

Oven cooked turkey or deep fried gobbler ?   Ham, steak, your special day meal ?  All grilled food ?  Pasta ?  Pizza ?  Eating out ?

Whatever it is take a few minutes in this crazy 2020 to give thanks for what really matters in this world.

~. Happy Thanksgiving to you all and have a great weekend. ~

And GO BROWNS !      (mmmmmmmm, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday football leftovers :D)

4 hours ago, mjp28 said:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ SO NOW THAT IS OVER WHAT IS EVERYONE HAVING FOR THANKSGIVING DAY ?  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Traditional Thanksgiving Day fixins ?  Turkey plus or maybe something else ?

Oven cooked turkey or deep fried gobbler ?   Ham, steak, your special day meal ?  All grilled food ?  Pasta ?  Pizza ?  Eating out ?

Whatever it is take a few minutes in this crazy 2020 to give thanks for what really matters in this world.

~. Happy Thanksgiving to you all and have a great weekend. ~

And GO BROWNS !      (mmmmmmmm, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday football leftovers :D)

Fried Turkey, spiced with my secret recipe dry rub....same as the last 22 years! After the 1st one, my Bride said, "I'll never roast another turkey", & she hasn't! We'll also have mashed 'taters, stuffing & gravy. She's making pumpkin pie & I'm making peanut butter fudge tonight.

Mike

• Thanks 1

We are doing the traditional Thanksgiving Day turkey, stuffing, real mashed potatoes, turkey gravy, my wife's green beans, a sweet potato pie dish, etc, etc.

I did get to sample my wife's stuffing mix before she put the whole thing into the oven OMG delicious !  We had her homegrown herbs some still growing in pots inside the house they are so much to dishes but none more than turkey 🦃 dinner.  They just go together with everything. Mmmmmm.

We are loaded with fresh herbs since my wife retired in 2017 especially since our neighbors moved to Columbus in 2018 to be close to their kids.  They'd just come by and cut what they wanted and they liked to cook.  Then the 2020 stay away stuff we have bags and bags of 14 varieties of them.  She will probably bag them and give them to other neighbors.

After she gets done talking with her sister in Chicago we will eat around 3 pm.  I will actually miss having PIT/BAL at 8 this year.  :lol:

-BUT- there will will be turkey 🦃 TV dinners, sandwiches, sweet potato and pumpkin pie 🥧 dishes for Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday night football games !

Food & football, oh yeah !      Bon appetit to you all.   ;)

Halftime of game 1 on now, time for snack 2.  It's a good thing that my doctor wants me to put on a little more weight...... nice time to dig in !

• 2 weeks later...

BUBBLIN' BEER DOGS?   I was looking for a hot dog recipe, something different well I found this is a super easy recipe from Mr Food that I've never tried. Looks good for GAMEDAY or any get-together. If any of you have tried it please let us know how you liked it.  

Hot diggity dog! Our Bubblin' Beer Dogs are flavorful franks that get their kick from being boiled up in bubbling beer. It's a novel way to add tasty excitement to an all-American favorite on a bun!

What You'll Need

• 6 deli-style beef hot dogs (1 pound total)
  • 1 (12-ounce) can beer
  • 6 hot dog buns, split

What to Do

1. In a large saucepan, bring beer to a boil over high heat.

2. Prick each hot dog several times with a fork; add to boiling beer and boil 5 to 6 minutes, until heated through. Serve in buns and top with your favorite hot dog toppings. 

Serving Suggestions

It's fun to serve Bubblin' Beer Dogs with a variety of topping options, so make 'em traditional or go wild! 

Bubblin-Beer-Dogs-08-18-03-OR_ArticleImage-CategoryPage_ID-910922.jpg

CHILI CHEESE DOG RING I was back looking for good and easy hot dog recipes and found this one from Mr Food.  It looks great for GAMEDAY parties or any get-together.    https://www.mrfood.com/Beef/Chili-Cheese-Dog-Ring

Here's an easy-to-make dinner that you can really sink your teeth into! We made a crescent roll ring and filled it with all the fixins' for a chili cheese dog, which means you can expect flavorful ground beef, hot dog pieces, and plenty of cheese. Our Chili Cheese Dog Ring is so good, it's almost spooky! 

What You'll Need

• 3/4 pound ground beef
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
  • 1 tablespoon chili powder
  • 1 teaspoon cumin
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  • 3 hot dogs, thinly sliced
  • 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
  • 2 (8-ounce) cans refrigerated crescent rolls

What to Do

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 12-inch pizza pan with cooking spray.

2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook beef and onion, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink; drain.

3. Stir in tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, salt, and pepper; mix well. Add hot dogs and heat 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in 1/2 cup cheese; set aside.

4. Unroll crescent rolls. Place wide end of triangles in center of pizza pan, forming a ring, overlapping dough as necessary. Spoon meat mixture into center of each triangle. Bring smaller ends of triangles over meat, tucking ends under.

5. Bake 20 minutes, sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and bake 5 more minutes, or until heated through and golden. Serve warm.

Notes

For more great recipes like this one check out our collection of Dreadful Halloween Dinner Ideas

Chili-Cheese-Dog-Ring_ArticleImage-CategoryPage_ID-2219601.jpg

Anybody going to do anything special for MNF GAMEDAY ?  It might be a very important game for the BROWNS especially with the Steelers losing on SNF.

Baltimore, the two New York teams then finish up with Pittsburgh a great time to fire up the grill or oven.

GO BROWNS !

On 11/15/2020 at 10:01 AM, mjp28 said:

Food can be very subjective varying from state to state or region to region and for sure county to county.

Subjective - adjective

1. existing in the mind; belonging to the thinking subject rather than to the object of thought (opposed to objective).
2. pertaining to or characteristic of an individual; personal; individual:a subjective evaluation.
3. placing excessive emphasis on one's own moods, attitudes, opinions, etc.; unduly egocentric.

Cincinnati chili is for people who live there. I won't touch Skyline of Gold Star.  Yuck!!!