THE BROWNS BOARD

• Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.

mjp28

14 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Texas Pecan halves and diet 7 up tomorrow game time.😋

Texas Pecan halves sounds delicious.

If we had jalapeno peppers at home I'd try those for an appetizer today haven't had them in a while.  I used to buy the frozen ones and heat and eat but these are going on the menu for our next shopping trip.

Today's GAMEDAY meal is going to be grilled smoked sausage on big buns and the usual go alone like olives, dill pickles, chips with spinach dip and whatever else we dig up.

GO BROWNS, no skyline chili today.    :lol:

String beans and taters.  Love 'em.  I make them to this day.

Mama was born and raised in Alabama.  She may have moved to Ohio when she got married to my father, but she brought her mama's cooking with her.

She did add some onion to the recipe you posted..

20 minutes ago, ballpeen said:

String beans and taters.  Love 'em.  I make them to this day.

Mama was born and raised in Alabama.  She may have moved to Ohio when she got married to my father, but she brought her mama's cooking with her.

She did add some onion to the recipe you posted..

Every time that I see that recipe I get really hungry for it, my wife too.   You can smell it and almost taste it...... reminds me of my grandmother's kitchen who was the best cook I've ever known.

So simple and so good.  My wife prefers the corn bread...... which I like too.  Ummmmmm, dang I'm hungry for it again.   :P

........ edit add, showed this to my wife who agrees onions would be great with this dish !

Edited by mjp28

7 minutes ago, Cbus Brownie said:

tomahawks, chicken, roasted cherry tomatoes, and Brussels. Washed down with lots of Bells Two Hearted. 

774895DD-6E80-41F3-81AA-F141B774363E.thumb.jpeg.2452b6269912dce0a502e580eaae6504.jpegDC1579F3-EF13-4008-AB08-618F1A296FE6.thumb.jpeg.fa3bed04106e88d3f64dd94ece72df4d.jpegA0EFAA15-49AB-4057-81EC-3E5ADAF0A667.thumb.jpeg.d00f0f6c3457ccfad0aa9da3faa846c5.jpeg

WOW!.. Where you get those Brontosaurus steaks from?

1 hour ago, Cbus Brownie said:

Fresh Thyme. Whole Foods like chain in Cbus. They had a sale way back and I backed up the truck and filled the freezer. Tomahawks are typically a rip off. They charge you more because of the curb appeal, but it’s just a ribeye with a bone in it. Looks cool though. 

I don't think I could eat half of that size steak anymore.. My appetite has wanned a bit with getting over and taking Ozempic once a week which curbs your appetite...

On 10/25/2020 at 10:20 AM, mjp28 said:

Every time that I see that recipe I get really hungry for it, my wife too.   You can smell it and almost taste it...... reminds me of my grandmother's kitchen who was the best cook I've ever known.

So simple and so good.  My wife prefers the corn bread...... which I like too.  Ummmmmm, dang I'm hungry for it again.   :P

........ edit add, showed this to my wife who agrees onions would be great with this dish !

I know what you mean about almost being able to smell it when thinking about it.  I think all of our grandma's were the best cook we have ever known.

The onions add a nice flavor to the liquor.  The onion itself is pretty tasteless after boiling out the beans, but does flavor the whole pot.

My sister and I would take the corn bread and crumble it up in the bowl to form almost a cornbread "mush".

• Upvote 1

On 10/25/2020 at 11:33 PM, Cbus Brownie said:

Fresh Thyme. Whole Foods like chain in Cbus. They had a sale way back and I backed up the truck and filled the freezer. Tomahawks are typically a rip off. They charge you more because of the curb appeal, but it’s just a ribeye with a bone in it. Looks cool though. 

Ribeyes have become my favorite grilling steaks...... never tried one with the massive bone in, does look cool.  :P

Ahhhh yes the world of grilling steaks......

grades.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 10/26/2020 at 1:29 AM, nickers said:

I don't think I could eat half of that size steak anymore.. My appetite has wanned a bit with getting over and taking Ozempic once a week which curbs your appetite...

I'm down to eating 1/3rd what I used to. Once you get over the hump where your stomach shrinks and you're not ravenous f-ing starved it gets easy. Just don't need the food I once craved. Of course, not benching 400 lbs anymore either. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

On 10/25/2020 at 11:33 PM, Cbus Brownie said:

Looks like you've got a pretty serious grill setup, I like the charcoal pit and the adjusting wheel.  Looks well used.  ;)

Nice !

SOUTHERN POTATO BAKE, really good !    From Mr Food the source for easy and delicious comfort food.  https://www.mrfood.com/Potatoes-Rice/Southern-Potato-Bake

SERVES.  10  in  55 MINUTES.

If you're looking for a timeless Southern recipe for GAMEDAY cookout or a side dish for anyday then you have to try our Southern Potato Bake. Dish up hearty portions of this hot and hearty potato casserole and enjoy it with the whole family.  And be prepared for seconds or leftovers !

What You'll Need

• 1 (10-1/2-ounce) can cream of broccoli soup
  • 1 (16-ounce) container sour cream
  • 8 ounces shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
  • 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
  • 1 stick butter, melted, divided
  • 1 (32-ounce) package frozen southern-style hash browns
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1/2 cups corn flakes, coarsely crushed

What to do

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
  2. In a large bowl, combine soup, sour cream, cheese, onion, and 1/2 stick butter; mix well. Stir in hash browns, salt, and pepper; pour into baking dish.
  3. In a small bowl, combine corn flakes and remaining butter; mix well. Sprinkle over potatoes.
  4. Bake 55 to 60 minutes, or until heated through and golden brown.

Check This Out!

Southern-Potato-Bake_Large400_ID-3412074.jpg

• Like 1

Looks like some great cancer generating meats there jcam. I on the other hand am indulging in God's cure for everything, an excellent little 2017 Zinfandel from a small vineyard in California called High Valley. It will be accompanied by a nice little Mozzarella string cheese. Nothing but heart helpers & cancer killer meds for me.  LOL!🧀🍷😋

10 hours ago, jcam222 said:

Nice fall day to smoke. Smoked with a blend of hickory and cherry wood. Pork belly, pork belly burnt ends , a new thing for me in Beef belly and lastly bacon wrapped fresh cut vidalia onion rings. Good eats for tomorrow’s game.

• Upvote 1

We called our favorite Wedgewood Pizza about 6:30 pm yesterday Halloween for a pizza for the Ohio State game and Sunday BROWNS game and they were -SOLD OUT-  unreal.

So we got pizza and a nice steak sandwich delivered from Cocca's pizza instead.

GO BROWNS, football Sunday......baby !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

We called our favorite Wedgewood Pizza about 6:30 pm yesterday Halloween for a pizza for the Ohio State game and Sunday BROWNS game and they were -SOLD OUT-  unreal.

Well,  a game like this makes me want to fucking puke anyway. So what good does it do talking about food.

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Well,  a game like this makes me want to fucking puke anyway. So what good does it do talking about food.

Oh I do enjoy eating even though it seems better when they win.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

I envision you being about the size of Refrigerator Perry.  Just shy of 4 bills. 

I'm actually slightly less than my college weight, I'm in good shape same with my wife.  We eat very well very little brown or white bag junk food.

We both like to cook and eat well.   Bon appetit !   ;)

44 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

I'm actually slightly less than my college weight, I'm in good shape same with my wife.  We eat very well very little brown or white bag junk food.

We both like to cook and eat well.   Bon appetit !   ;)

When you say "Bon appetit"  that means you are going to be serving me some food.   So....

Well Were Waiting GIFs | Tenor

On 11/1/2020 at 2:21 PM, mjp28 said:

The Cocca's Philly steak and cheese sandwiches are not like everyone else's Philly but are quite good !  9 locations in the area, they have a nice menu and delivery.

Wedgewood Pizza has only pizza, one salad and baked wings, NO delivery but the pizza 🍕 is great.

Screenshot_2020-11-04_111648.jpg

8 hours ago, mjp28 said:

The Cocca's Philly steak and cheese sandwiches are not like everyone else's Philly but are quite good !  9 locations in the area, they have a nice menu and delivery.

Wedgewood Pizza has only pizza, one salad and baked wings, NO delivery but the pizza 🍕 is great.

Screenshot_2020-11-04_111648.jpg

Too far for me to go.

On 11/5/2017 at 9:47 AM, mjp28 said:

No BROWNS WEEK 9? Hey no problem we still have to eat, so what's your favorite gameday or just weekend eats?

Dine in or tavern hangout, carryout, favorite rib, chicken, pizza, sandwich, whatever or even cook at home what's up for GAMEDAY ?

......... OCTOBER 23, 2019......and we've added something that has become more popular delivery! Everyone is getting into the delivery business now even the better restaurants.  

The first post here three years ago.   Time to cook up something for this weekend.

We're having grilled Italian sausage with some fresh green beans and the usual appetizers like green olives, dill pickles and some chips and salsa for Saturday GAMEDAY !

NO BROWNS, no problem GO BUCKEYES !     :)

DOUBLE STUFFED POTATOES a classic potato recipe from Mr Food. https://www.mrfood.com/Potatoes-Rice/Double-Stuffed-Potatoes

A great GAMEDAY side dish with a hot steak right off the grill !        SERVES. 6. COOK TIME. 1 HOUR. 25. MINUTES

Calling all potato lovers! Our Double Stuffed Potatoes combine two of your favorite ways of eating this versatile veggie: baked and mashed. We fill 'em up with some extra goodies for a side dish that is company-fancy, everyday easy, and taste-buds approved!

What You'll Need

6 russet potatoes

1/4 cup sour cream

3 tablespoons butter

1/4 teaspoon onion powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon black pepper

Paprika for sprinkling

What to Do

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Scrub potatoes, then pierce each several times with a fork.

Bake 55 minutes, or until tender; let cool slightly

Slice about 1/2 inch off the top of each potato and scoop out pulp, leaving about a 1/4-inch-thick potato shell; place pulp in a medium bowl. Add sour cream, butter, onion powder, salt, and black pepper; beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Spoon mixture into potato shells and lightly sprinkle with paprika.

Bake 30 minutes, or until potatoes begin to brown on top.

Notes

Garnish with shredded cheese, bacon and scallions or any other toppings you like!

There are so many great potato recipes -- sometimes it's hard to decide which one to make! One of our all-time favorites around here is our Loaded Baked Potato Casserole, so give it a try! And don't forget about trying out our Baked Potato Soup!

Double-Stuffed-Potatoes_ArticleImage-CategoryPage_ID-1107379.jpg

On 11/1/2020 at 11:21 AM, mjp28 said:

Sorry I was in town the week before and I ordered a couple original everythings.

I told them it was my annual wedgewood fix so make it with extra love.  They delivered!!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mjp28 said:

DOUBLE STUFFED POTATOES a classic potato recipe from Mr Food. https://www.mrfood.com/Potatoes-Rice/Double-Stuffed-Potatoes

A great GAMEDAY side dish with a hot steak right off the grill !        SERVES. 6. COOK TIME. 1 HOUR. 25. MINUTES

Calling all potato lovers! Our Double Stuffed Potatoes combine two of your favorite ways of eating this versatile veggie: baked and mashed. We fill 'em up with some extra goodies for a side dish that is company-fancy, everyday easy, and taste-buds approved!

What You'll Need

6 russet potatoes

1/4 cup sour cream

3 tablespoons butter

1/4 teaspoon onion powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon black pepper

Paprika for sprinkling

What to Do

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Scrub potatoes, then pierce each several times with a fork.

Bake 55 minutes, or until tender; let cool slightly

Slice about 1/2 inch off the top of each potato and scoop out pulp, leaving about a 1/4-inch-thick potato shell; place pulp in a medium bowl. Add sour cream, butter, onion powder, salt, and black pepper; beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Spoon mixture into potato shells and lightly sprinkle with paprika.

Bake 30 minutes, or until potatoes begin to brown on top.

Notes

Garnish with shredded cheese, bacon and scallions or any other toppings you like!

There are so many great potato recipes -- sometimes it's hard to decide which one to make! One of our all-time favorites around here is our Loaded Baked Potato Casserole, so give it a try! And don't forget about trying out our Baked Potato Soup!

Double-Stuffed-Potatoes_ArticleImage-CategoryPage_ID-1107379.jpg

We call those "twice baked" potatoes and usually have only once a year - on Christmas day (with standing rib roast). But we also toss in some cheddar cheese as well.  They are fairly laborious, but mmmmmmmmmmmmmm, mmmmmmmmmmm, mmmmmmmmmmm so good. 

• Like 1