THE BROWNS BOARD

• Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.

mjp28

And Steve....this is a place I still remember:    When we went first to NYC to CBS records, then to Philly International with Dennis Edwards, we stayed in a  motel in like Cherry Hill NJ, just outside of Philly.    Next to where we stayed was a combination   bar/pizza parlor.  It had great pizza and a great atmosphere. In fact, I liked it enough that when I went up that way some many years later with my family, I stopped back in again at that place.  Obviously I do not recall the name...but it was on the main drag in Cherry Hill.  Remember?

4 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

My recollection of that place was that it was in Blackwood New Jersey. Great place amazingly friendly people who all seemed like they were cast members from The Sopranos but very welcoming.

WSS

Blackwood?  That is further south.   I thought this was on Rt. 30 coming out of Philly...which would put it more in Cherry Hill.  Whatever...but yes...a Sopranos kind of place.   (no strippers though....it was not a Bada Bing club).

Just now, The Gipper said:

Blackwood?  That is further south.   I thought this was on Rt. 30 coming out of Philly...which would put it more in Cherry Hill.  Whatever...but yes...a Sopranos kind of place.   (no strippers though....it was not a Bada Bing club).

Quite possibly. I remember the name Blackwood but it could be a mistake.

WSS

20 hours ago, hoorta said:

1) hoorta's limited diet says cheeseburger, lettuce, pickle, X mayo. To this day, I can't stand mustard in any of it's forms. 

2) Sounds like you'd love world famous Tony Paco's in Toledo- ever been? If not, put it on your bucket list. I'm a plain dog on a grilled bun sort of guy...  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~○

If you know of anything other than Oklahoma and Ohio State games, post it.   Gotta continue scouting potential QBs.   

USC 17 STAN 14 3rd quarter......speaking of a QB.

And we got a good ol' plain pizza, a Philly steak pizza and a roasted red pepper, mushroom, black olive and extra cheese pizza for Fri/Saturday/Sunday games this weekend from Wedgewood Pizza, yum!

Oh speaking of "temporary" limited diets for mjp I'm cooling it on the hot and spicy until I'm done with the antibiotics, another month yet, I hope. 

2 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Only good Bratwurst I ever had was in Germany.  Johnsonville make me vomit.

Good Lord, man... you live in the land of ethnic communities. Get out more!

Here's a lil haunt that once fortified The Smiling Dog Saloon crowd on many a night.

http://www.franksbratwurst.com/

27 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Good Lord, man... you live in the land of ethnic communities. Get out more!

Here's a lil haunt that once fortified The Smiling Dog Saloon crowd on many a night.

http://www.franksbratwurst.com/

.........Frank's has been located at stand G-3 since 1970, if you have not heard of Frank's bratwurst, this is one of the many well-known businesses located at The West Side Market!.......

"Holy brats" the place looks like a shrine to processed meats!

Or was it a church at one time? I've never been there but it looks interesting. 

1 hour ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Okay, bought 5 lbs of Franks brats with some hard rolls and Bertman's mustard.  Know what I'm eating tomorrow.  

Okay Tour shamed you into buying them.......hope you don't vomit during the BROWNS game. :lol:

4 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Okay, bought 5 lbs of Franks brats with some hard rolls and Bertman's mustard.  Know what I'm eating tomorrow.  

That's my homie...

Beer steaming followed by grill/griddle?

17 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

We need a thread for what game day medications it takes to get through.

I got an early start with a 12 year old Guyana rum called El Dorado mixed in with a little diet Coke Zero on chipped ice. If the Spanish had only known that El Dorado really does exist, they never would have allowed El Libertador Bolivar to win a revolution. Good stuff Nero.:D

10 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I got an early start with a 12 year old Guayana rum called El Dorado mixed in with a little diet Coke Zero on chipped ice. If the Spanish had only known that El Dorado really does exist, they never would have allowed El Libertador Bolivar to win a revolution. Good stuff Nero.:D

Most Browns fans around here rely pretty heavily on 151 and Valium for game days

27 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I might have to try a bottle of the El Dorado if I can find it.  The Coast Guard Exchange off of Puritas in Cleveland usually has the top notch booze, and much cheaper (no tax).;)

That one is great as a mixer for Cuba Libre or eggnog with nutmeg this time of year.  But for a sipper got to go with Diplomatico Reserva Exclusiva. I guarantee you will not be disappointed.

Another a little less expensive one I really like with eggnog/nutmeg is a Gosling's Black Seal Bermuda Black Rum.

http://www.goslingsrum.com/our-products/black-seal-rum/

My wife thinks I'm addicted because since I retired I like to have one drink a day about 2-3 days a week (MD's recommend 1 a day:P). I tell her that is not an addiction, it's called being a Connoisseur of heavenly delights. I also collect one or two really nice gold coins a year along with about 4 or 5 nice silver ones as well. 

And racquetball is every day except Sunday (even God takes a break from it that day:D). Now that's an addiction! :lol:

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

That one is great as a mixer for Cuba Libre or eggnog with nutmeg this time of year.  But for a sipper got to go with Diplomatico Reserva Exclusiva. I guarantee you will not be disappointed.

Cuba Libre, Diplomatico Reserva Exclusiva? Sounds like some really expensive premium cigars....cigars also good with football, bether with baseball.. ;)

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

Cuba Libre, Diplomatico Reserva Exclusiva? Sounds like some really expensive premium cigars....cigars also good with football, bether with baseball.. ;)

Even better with Monica Lewinski according to El Presidente.:lol:

5 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Even better with Monica Lewinski according to El Presidente.:lol:

I've always thought most American men and maybe 98.6% of men on this board would think Monica would be a cute little squeeze.......especially with pizza. :lol:

On 12/2/2017 at 1:49 PM, mjp28 said:

Okay Tour shamed you into buying them.......hope you don't vomit during the BROWNS game. :lol:

Not worth the barf. 

On 12/2/2017 at 2:47 PM, flyingfooldoug said:

We need a thread for what game day medications it takes to get through.

Historically, we've done heavy doses of wine but....  

16 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Most Browns fans around here rely pretty heavily on 151 and Valium for game days

This year it's Elsa's Cantina "Bad Juan" margaritas. Lots of them...    

14 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

My wife thinks I'm addicted because since I retired I like to have one drink a day about 2-3 days a week (MD's recommend 1 a day:P). I tell her that is not an addiction, it's called being a Connoisseur of heavenly delights. I also collect one or two really nice gold coins a year along with about 4 or 5 nice silver ones as well. 

And racquetball is every day except Sunday (even God takes a break from it that day:D). Now that's an addiction! :lol:

You qualify as a health nut...  

12 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Diplomatico is less than $40 a bottle, even in high priced Ohio- and worth it...