THE BROWNS BOARD

• Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.

mjp28

14 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Well now that the GAMEDAY regular season MLB is here and the BROWNS regular season is near and the NBA is somewhere back to some favorite fiery grill sandwiches.

I've got my favorite sources which lately include Mr Food and now a good and slightly different one from CENTO fine foods here a FIERY GRILLING PLATTER !  Pass me some ice cold 🍻 beer too !   You can do some regular hot dogs for your nonhot guests.   https://www.cento.com/recipes/sandwiches/fiery_grilling_platter.php

FIERY GRILLING PLATTER

Prep Time    10 Min    Cook Time    10 Min    Serves    4-8

Fire up the grill with our Italian-inspired hot dogs and hamburgers. Add as little, or as much, Cento Extra Hot Calabrese Peperoncino to turn up the heat on these grilling favorites.

Screenshot_2020-08-29_065152.jpg

Screenshot_2020-08-29_065213.jpg

I like simple.  That isn't simple

14 hours ago, ballpeen said:

I like simple.  That isn't simple

You mean back a few pages to the perfect burgers yes I can see that too but I occasionally like a little HOT in my food 🌭 hotdogs included with sauerkraut, yellow mustard, diced onions and Tabasco.  Unfortunately my wife is in the sweet and mild department so we don't see much hot food together.

No matter which way enjoy your perfect burgers on the grill we have that coming up later this week. Bon appetit !

....oh a late Labor Day this year September 7.

GettyImages-1070730232-copy-2-1536x1024.thumb.jpg.06c7b863088ac1a587160b255638765e.jpg

On 8/22/2020 at 4:43 AM, mjp28 said:

Outback Steakhouse Alice Springs Chicken

One of the most popular menu items at Outback Steakhouse (despite the fact that it’s a STEAKhouse) is their Alice Springs Chicken. It’s popular for good reason. Who can resist grilled chicken with sautéed mushrooms, crispy bacon, and lots of melty Monterey Jack cheese with that honey mustard sauce? If I go to Outback, it’s always for the Alice Springs Chicken which is why I decided I’d share my copycat version of the recipe with you.

One of the *KEY elements to this Alice Springs Chicken is the honey mustard marinade/sauce it's YOUR CHOICE !  You’ll start by making that, then allowing the chicken to hang out in the mixture from 30 minutes to a couple of hours so that it can absorb all of the honey mustard goodness.

One of my favorite ingredients in this recipe is the mushrooms! I am always a sucker for tender sautéed mushrooms! I bought an 8 ounce package of button mushrooms, cleaned them, then sliced them up and sautéed ‘em in a little butter. The best way to clean mushrooms is with a damp towel (I usually use a damp paper) instead of running them under water. I do it this way, simply because they clean-up better if you wipe the dirt off versus running them under water.

You’ll also need some crispy bacon to top each piece of chicken with. My favorite hassle-proof way to cook bacon is to bake it in the oven. Here are my instructions on How to Bake Bacon. I chose to go with one piece of bacon per piece of chicken to keep it a little lighter, but if you want to go all out, plan for up to two pieces of bacon per piece of chicken.

Recipe with your choice of honey mustard marinade/sauce mixtures:
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
Lowry’s Seasoning Salt
4 or 6 or 8 bacon slices... depending on how much bacon you want per chicken brest
1/4 cup regular mustard... *( OR about 3/4 cup of  your favorite brand of honey mustard WITH mayo and 2 tsp dried onion flakes it's YOUR CHOICE)
1/3 cup honey... *use WITH your favorite honey mustard + mayo + dried onion flakes mixture, your choice
2 Tbsp. Mayonnaise... *use WITH your favorite honey mustard + dried onion flakes, your choice
2 teaspoons dried onion flakes...*use WITH your favorite honey mustard + mayo, your choice
1 cup sliced fresh mushroom 
2 cup shredded Colby/Jack cheese

Directions:
First, Sprinkle and rub the chicken breasts with seasoning salt. Cover and refrigerate from 30 minutes to several hours.
While the chicken is in the refrigerator, cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp. Remove bacon and set aside. ***DO NOT discard grease.***

Saute chicken in the bacon grease for 3 to 5 minutes per side, or until browned. Place chicken in a 9″ × 13″ casserole dish or pan.
To make the Honey Mustard: In a small bowl, mix the mustard, honey, mayonnaise and dried onion flakes -OR- your favorite honey mustard sauce plus mayo and flaked dried onion flakes... it's YOUR CHOICE.

Spread some of the Honey Mustard over each piece of chicken, then layer with mushrooms, crumbled bacon, and shredded cheese.

Bake in a 350° oven for 30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and chicken is done.
Serve with the left over Honey Mustard Sauce that you made.... THAT'S IT !

Screenshot_2020-08-22_074133.jpg

did this last night came out Awesome

• Thanks 1

On 8/24/2020 at 12:15 AM, mjp28 said:

French, Italian, English muffin, whatever anything that gets good and crunchy and still has some body is nice -plus- they have all kinds of spaghetti, pizza, marinara sauces on the shelf now unless we are having a big pasta meal with the meatballs we don't bother making sauce that often.  And everyone has Italian or other cheese and meats packaged up and really to go by the deli department..... especially now.

We still do our Wedgewood Pizza stop especially if my wife is going out to shop but good and tasty pizza or other quick meals are so easy now.....and more economical and hot out of the oven.  We rarely get takeout now....but being retired helps !      ;)

Wedgewood!!!  My go to when I head back to Youngstown.  Original Everything I haven’t had anything better East or West.   And then I make sure I stop at Nodays in Austintown for a Pepperoni Roll and other stuff.  

San Diego we have some sneaky good Chicago Style but nothing else really. 

• Like 1

On 8/30/2020 at 3:56 PM, ATOM said:

did this last night came out Awesome

The last time I had Alice Springs chicken was at Outback years ago I generally get prime rib or a good steak with Bloomin Onion and some cold beer.

When I ran across this recipe I had to put it up on here but I found several small things that needed corrected or at least explained -but- we will give it a shot soon.

Glad you enjoyed it !   And believe it or not we have two gift cards for Outback.... time for some takeout.  :)

• Like 1

Another GAMEDAY favorite for those who like a really good bacon cheeseburger how about THE ULTIMATE BACON CHEESEBURGER featuring a mild cheddar (or sharp if you prefer) and a soft white cow's milk cheese for easy melting.  https://www.wisconsincheese.com/recipes/3747/the-ultimate-bacon-cheeseburger

Another substitute for me would be lettuce for the arugula and garden tomatoes for the tomato jam but it's up to you how much you want to spice up your burger.  Either way it's a 5★ delicious bacon cheeseburger !

Screenshot_2020-09-03_102830.jpg

Screenshot_2020-09-03_102906.jpg

Screenshot_2020-09-03_103003.jpg

Another GAMEDAY favorite for those who like a really good bacon cheeseburger how about THE ULTIMATE BACON CHEESEBURGER featuring a mild cheddar (or sharp if you prefer) and a soft white cow's milk cheese for easy

What I would like is that burger here on my plate so I can eat it....not in a picture on my computer screen. 

16 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Another GAMEDAY favorite for those who like a really good bacon cheeseburger how about THE ULTIMATE BACON CHEESEBURGER featuring a mild cheddar (or sharp if you prefer) and a soft white cow's milk cheese for easy

What I would like is that burger here on my plate so I can eat it....not in a picture on my computer screen. 

But they give you the ingredients right there and all you have to do is go to the store.......or better yet like I do send your wife.

And then bring it home and cook it up.....or better yet have your wife do it, but I tell her what to buy.

Then bon appetit !     This big juicy burger sure looks delicious but not today she made homemade macaroni salad and we're having ham and cheese sandwiches with garden tomatoes ......mmmmmm.  But I'm doing the appetizers, olives, pickles maybe salsa and chips.  ;)

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

But they give you the ingredients right there and all you have to do is go to the store.......or better yet like I do send your wife.

And then bring it home and cook it up.....or better yet have your wife do it, but I tell her what to buy.

Then bon appetit !     This big juicy burger sure looks delicious but not today she made homemade macaroni salad and we're having ham and cheese sandwiches with garden tomatoes ......mmmmmm.  But I'm doing the appetizers, olives, pickles maybe salsa and chips.  ;)

No, I want you to do all of that, and then come and serve it up to me. 

• Haha 1

HOT BROWN BITES (turkey and bacon on rye or pumpernickel), from Mr Food.  https://www.mrfood.com/Appetizers/Hot-Brown-Bites

Whether you plan on having an impromptu Kentucky Derby bash or you simply plan on watching it quietly at home, we've got just the thing to serve...and it's always a winner. Our Hot Brown Bites feature layers of turkey, creamy cheese sauce, and smoky bacon on top of crispy, party rye bread. You just can't go wrong!

Also a good GAMEDAY or anyday get-together snack, try it.     SERVES    9   COOK TIME     15 Min

What You'll Need

• 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup milk
  • 3/4 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
  • 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
  • 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
  • 18 slices cocktail party rye or pumpernickel
  • 3/4 pound thinly sliced deli turkey breast
  • 3 plum tomatoes, each cut into 6 slices
  • 6 slices crispy cooked bacon, crumbled

What to Do

1. In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Whisk in flour and cook 1 minute. Gradually add milk and whisk until smooth and mixture begins to thicken. Stir in cheese, dry mustard, onion powder, salt, and pepper and heat until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
  2. Preheat oven to broil. Place party rye on baking sheet. Top evenly with turkey, tomato, and cheese sauce.
  3. Broil 2 to 3 minutes, or until top is light golden. Sprinkle with bacon and serve.

Notes: 

Looking for more Kentucky Derby favorites? Check out our recipes for Derby Chocolate Pie and Mint Julep!

Hot-Brown-Bites_ArticleImage-CategoryPage_ID-1958617.jpg

We have had this snack in the past it was quite good..... planning on it as a football 🏈 treat again.    :P

I like it on pumpernickel and it is really quick and easy to do.

My wife likes rice dishes I like beefed up cheesy casseroles this is both and really quick and easy BEEFED-UP RICE CASSEROLE from Mr Food Tuesday September 15.  https://www.mrfood.com/Casseroles/Beefy-Rice-Pie-1128. 

SERVES 6. COOK TIME. 40. MINUTES

This all-in-one dinner is perfect for busy nights. In our Beefed-Up Rice Casserole you'll discover layers of beefy, cheesy, fill-ya-up goodness. Get ready for lots of "oohs" and "aahs" when you bring it out!

What You'll Need

• 1 pound ground beef
  • 1/2 pound Italian pork sausage, casings removed
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  • 2 cups cooked rice, warmed
  • 1 (24-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
  • 8 slices mozzarella cheese
  • 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese

What to Do

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.

2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown ground beef, sausage, garlic powder, salt and pepper for 8 to 10 minutes, or until cooked and crumbly; drain off excess liquid.

3. In a medium bowl, combine spaghetti sauce and rice; mix well. Place half the mixture in the baking dish. Top with half the meat mixture, then place 4 slices mozzarella cheese over the top and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers.

4. Bake 30 minutes or until heated through.

Up Next:

Beefed-Up-Rice-Casserole_ArticleImage-CategoryPage_ID-2130572.jpg

Today we are doing an oven  ROASTED CHICKEN with potatoes, onions and carrots, ummmm one of my all time favorites. High 65 today 62 tomorrow so we're staying at home.

And some delicious leftovers for GAMEDAY Saturday football.  So easy to do you  don't even needs recipe just go shopping.

And bon appetit !  :)

The  Oven Roasted Chicken was good and the leftovers will be better again tonight !  Sage and lemon thyme and 3 different varieties of basil for a really flavourful roasted chicken and  vegetables.

Oh and my wife started cleaning out our herb garden putting all fresh herbs in our oven roasted chicken.  She puts the 12+ herbs up for the Winter/Sping and the rest we give to our neighbors and friends.

We save a bundle on them plus what we give away and they are easy to grow and keeps the varmits out of our flowers.

Bon appetit on the delicious leftovers for dinner tonight !

15 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

The  Oven Roasted Chicken was good and the leftovers will be better again tonight !  Sage and lemon thyme and 3 different varieties of basil for a really flavourful roasted chicken and  vegetables.

Oh and my wife started cleaning out our herb garden putting all fresh herbs in our oven roasted chicken.  She puts the 12+ herbs up for the Winter/Sping and the rest we give to our neighbors and friends.

We save a bundle on them plus what we give away and they are easy to grow and keeps the varmits out of our flowers.

Bon appetit on the delicious leftovers for dinner tonight !

Just a note - our friends clued us in on beef - available in our local Walmarts. It's Keystone All Natural Beef. Think pot roast in a can.

We tried it, and it was excellent. Already cooked. The quality was outstanding - I'm going to stock up on some cans over time. Made a pot roast with potatoes and carrots.... made a wide noodles with beef casserole with it....

quick and easy to make all sorts of beef recipes before the big game.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Just a note - our friends clued us in on beef - available in our local Walmarts. It's Keystone All Natural Beef. Think pot roast in a can.

We tried it, and it was excellent. Already cooked. The quality was outstanding - I'm going to stock up on some cans over time. Made a pot roast with potatoes and carrots.... made a wide noodles with beef casserole with it....

quick and easy to make all sorts of beef recipes before the big game.

All ya really need for a great meal if you find the right spices and such. 😂

250px-Spam_Treet_and_Great_Value_Luncheo

Spam (L), Treet (C), and Walmart Great Value Luncheon Meat (R)

34 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

All ya really need for a great meal if you find the right spices and such. 😂

250px-Spam_Treet_and_Great_Value_Luncheo

Spam (L), Treet (C), and Walmart Great Value Luncheon Meat (R)

Bill,

Yeah, eat the spices & pitch the "alleged meat"!!

As a fellow 'Nam Vet, you should go to hell for even posting a PICTURE of spam!! I will NEVER again eat meat from a damned can!!! 🤢🤮

Mike

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Canton Mike said:

Bill,

Yeah, eat the spices & pitch the "alleged meat"!!

As a fellow 'Nam Vet, you should go to hell for even posting a PICTURE of spam!! I will NEVER again eat meat from a damned can!!! 🤢🤮

Mike

Oh yeah SPAM in a can....ate a lot of it when I was living in an apartment and going to school.  Not so much now but I will eat a few grilled or out of the can sandwiches occasionally.    

7 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I love spam fried rice.

Spam fried rice, grilled SPAM and cheese sandwiches -and- add a good cold Hungarian pepper with mustard and mayo......yeah I can go for that.

Cold SPAM sandwiches when I want some good greasy meat with the above condiments.....oh yeah.  Now my wife not so much on the cold SPAM.

• Upvote 1

Haven’t had a lot of time to post this year. Did these beef short ribs and beef back ribs in the smoker Saturday. Smoked with B&B hickory lump and seasoned hickory wood chunks. Used a nice Dirt style rub which is essentially savories, salt,pepper and activated charcoal. Great taste and makes for a very dark bark. 

8D622859-D6F6-438B-B6AF-EA062CAE82D3.jpeg

41804025-4A4A-4E8A-A36E-182C013480B5.jpeg

9DDCD09F-1E13-479B-BA90-1DADF5FC07AF.jpeg

8B10711B-DD4B-4B35-9494-42DA0875B488.jpeg

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Spam fried rice, grilled SPAM and cheese sandwiches -and- add a good cold Hungarian pepper with mustard and mayo......yeah I can go for that.

Cold SPAM sandwiches when I want some good greasy meat with the above condiments.....oh yeah.  Now my wife not so much on the cold SPAM.

I will sit and eat a can of cold Spam with some cheese, tomatoes and mayo and some of my bread and butter pickles and peppers. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

Haven’t had a lot of time to post this year. Did these beef short ribs and beef back ribs in the smoker Saturday. Smoked with B&B hickory lump and seasoned hickory wood chunks. Used a nice Dirt style rub which is essentially savories, salt,pepper and activated charcoal. Great taste and makes for a very dark bark. 

Pop

Definitely some good bark on those short ribs, some people don not really understand bark on grilled food.

Oh we have short ribs on our next 30 day menus.   :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jcam222 said:

8D622859-D6F6-438B-B6AF-EA062CAE82D3.jpeg

Charcoal huh?  What ya got there is colon cancer on a bone. Just let it ripen a few years.🧐😁

Local BBQ place did some pork belly Asian-style as a weekly special three or so weeks back.

I dubbed it "Meat Candy"...

Sweet... spicy... smokey... juicy.... crunchy...

It was indescribably delicious... way better than a Mounds bar.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Charcoal huh?  What ya got there is colon cancer on a bone. Just let it ripen a few years.🧐😁

Well outside of that it tastes good !?    :) :(

• Like 1