THE BROWNS BOARD

• Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.

mjp28

Do you know what sounds good about now ?  How about a trip to your favorite hot dog shop like the JIB JAB HOT DOG SHOPPE in GIRARD OHIO !  :D

........Dutch getting his car keys about now.

o-8.jpg

o-7.jpg

o-5.jpg

o-2.jpg

o.jpg

• Like 1

On 4/21/2020 at 10:26 AM, mjp28 said:

Do you know what sounds good about now ?  How about a trip to your favorite hot dog shop like the JIB JAB HOT DOG SHOPPE in GIRARD OHIO !  :D

o-8.jpg

o-7.jpg

o-5.jpg

o-2.jpg

o.jpg

i know alot of you are not fans but my sis sent me some cincinnati chilli thinking that would make a good draft day meal

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Is anyone having anything special for Draft Day GAMDAY snacks or meals today ?  The closest thing to tailgating or a real GAMEDAY we will have for awhile.

When that day does come it will be a big deal !

We have Olive Garden gift cards and are getting a few meals and desserts at one time, all day food.

On 4/21/2020 at 1:26 PM, mjp28 said:

o-8.jpg

o-7.jpg

o-5.jpg

o-2.jpg

o.jpg

I think I now know why you are in and out of the hospital so often.    Though you did inspire me to have chili dogs for lunch

6 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I think I now know why you are in and out of the hospital so often.    Though you did inspire me to have chili dogs for lunch

What an absolutely stupid thing to say.  I've been in the hospital every year starting in 2015 because I got an open wound on my hip that decided to tunnel inward 6-7 cm and my doctors, my wife and I have been fighting hard to get control of it.

It got very serious last year even requiring surgery and 25 weeks of hospitalization and rehab.  It's been a real bitch.

No wonder nobody here likes you.  EOM.

25 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

What an absolutely stupid thing to say.  I've been in the hospital every year starting in 2015 because I got an open wound on my hip that decided to tunnel inward 6-7 cm and my doctors, my wife and I have been fighting hard to get control of it.

It got very serious last year even requiring surgery and 25 weeks of hospitalization and rehab.  It's been a real bitch.

It’s a joke you dick hello

43 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

It’s a joke you dick hello

GOTCHA, hello.  :lol:

On 4/23/2020 at 11:18 AM, mjp28 said:

Is anyone having anything special for Draft Day GAMEDAY snacks or meals today ?  The closest thing to tailgating or a real GAMEDAY we will have for awhile.

When that day does come it will be a big deal !

We have Olive Garden gift cards and are getting a few meals and desserts at one time, all day food.

Well earlier today the OG food was ok but not great the salad was better than the 5 cheese ziti I had.

OG carryout not as good as it was long ago.......

3 hours ago, mjp28 said:

God Bless man  and btw my cintucki dogs were AWESOME

• Upvote 1

Well, what is missing is breakfast. After all the wondering, watching... and we got out LT ! I wanted some pancakes with bacon.

Naturally, I had to wait til this morning. Then, I decided somebody else might like a Browns draft next morning (or Saturday) easy recipe for pancakes, homemade.

1 1/2 cup   flour.  any flour, the original recipe called for cake flour. I use a soft southern white unbleached for 1 cup and 1/2  whole  grain buckwheat.

1 1/2 Tbs    baking powder

1         Tbs   sugar

1/4 tsp         salt

1 cup            milk

1 1/2 tsp      vanilla

1 large           egg

2 Tbs             melted butter

All dry ingredients mix, add the rest - mix. I mix by hand with a fork...Now, I keep having it be too thick - so I add a little extra milk to make it a bit thinner. I grill em on my Cuisinart non-stick grill on 350 degrees. Add butter and real maple syrup and cowboy coffee, and some bacon I cooked yesterday... I'm good. Makes several small pancakes, or about 4? larger ones.

• Upvote 1

Greek Style Oven Roasted Lemon Butter Parmesan Potatoes..... Or just good oven roasted potatoes !

Ingredients

• 3 lbs potatoes
  • 1 cup chicken broth
  • 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted ( no substitutes)
  • 1 teaspoon oregano ( or to taste)
  • 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic ( optional or to taste)
  • salt and pepper
  • 1/2-3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese ( or to taste)
  • chopped fresh parsley
  •  
How to make it:
  1. Set oven to 375 degrees.
  2. Butter a shallow baking dish large enough to hold the potatoes.
  3. Peel and cut the potatoes into large wedges and place into the prepared baking dish.
  4. In a bowl combine the broth, lemon juice, butter, oregano, salt, pepper and minced garlic (if using); mix well to combine.
  5. Pour over potatoes in the dish and stir to coat well.
  6. Cover the dish tightly with foil.
  7. Bake for about 40 minutes.
  8. Uncover and turn potatoes.
  9. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, and return to oven (uncovered).
  10. Bake for another 20-30 minutes, or until potatoes are done to desired tenderness.
  11. Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley and serve.
  12. *NOTE* the Parmesan may be sprinkled on just after baking if desired.

Greek-Style-Oven-Roasted-Lemon-Butter-Parmesan-Potatoes-758x412.jpg

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Greek Style Oven Roasted Lemon Butter Parmesan Potatoes..... Or just good oven roasted potatoes !

Ingredients

• 3 lbs potatoes
  • 1 cup chicken broth
  • 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted ( no substitutes)
  • 1 teaspoon oregano ( or to taste)
  • 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic ( optional or to taste)
  • salt and pepper
  • 1/2-3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese ( or to taste)
  • chopped fresh parsley
  •  
How to make it:
  1. Set oven to 375 degrees.
  2. Butter a shallow baking dish large enough to hold the potatoes.
  3. Peel and cut the potatoes into large wedges and place into the prepared baking dish.
  4. In a bowl combine the broth, lemon juice, butter, oregano, salt, pepper and minced garlic (if using); mix well to combine.
  5. Pour over potatoes in the dish and stir to coat well.
  6. Cover the dish tightly with foil.
  7. Bake for about 40 minutes.
  8. Uncover and turn potatoes.
  9. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, and return to oven (uncovered).
  10. Bake for another 20-30 minutes, or until potatoes are done to desired tenderness.
  11. Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley and serve.
  12. *NOTE* the Parmesan may be sprinkled on just after baking if desired.

Looks good Mjp!

• Upvote 1

On 4/29/2020 at 4:09 PM, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Looks good Mjp!

And it is a really nice picture.

Trying to plan a meal and getting stuck?  Start with a good oven roasted potato dish and go from there.

Basically either 1. Oven roasted potatoes like the above.   2. Scalloped potatoes.  3. A hash brown type dish even stovetop.    Or my favorite all time 4.  Roasted potatoes with onions and carrots add spices and go from there.  Add a nice roasting chicken and you have a great Sunday, GAMEDAY or anyday meal.

All economical, easy to prepare and cook, good for you -and- the house will smell great !

Another tip try growing your own herbs if you can grow weeds you can grow most ALL herbs.  My wife plants and propagates about 12-14 varieties every year in her flower garden and around the house also rabbits and other pests HATE most herbs and stay way!  Some herbs are actually flowerful along with easy to grow...... although we have a fenced in back yard to keep the deer out.   You can cut fresh herbs all year and dry them over winter.

You will also save a TON of money over store bought herbs -plus- we give a lot away.  Great if you're an amateur or avid cook and fresh are way better than bottled herbs.

Bon appetit ! Oh my those really do look good.  :D

Lemon Rosemary Chicken ....From Mr Food Thursday April 30, 2020.  This is a lighter recipe than my old favorite of potatoes, onions, carrots and spices but might be worth a try.

SERVES        4    COOK.      TIME    1 Hr 15 Min

Lots of colorful veggies, lots of lemon, and lots of lip-smacking flavor gives us a chicken dinner recipe we know you're gonna love. Our Lemon Rosemary Chicken has a light touch but is packed with flavor for a dinner recipe that's absolutely perfect to cook up during spring or summer. 

What You'll Need

• 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 1 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 (4- 5-pound) roasting chicken
  • 2 yellow squash, cut into 1-1/2-inch chunks
  • 2 carrots, cut into 1-1/2-inch chunks
  • 2 zucchini, cut into 1-1/2-inch chunks
  • 6 small red potatoes, cut into quarters

What to Do

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

2. In a large bowl, combine oil, lemon juice, rosemary, garlic powder, salt, and pepper; mix well.

3. Place chicken on a rack in a large roasting pan. Rub half the seasoning mixture evenly over the whole chicken, including the cavity.

4. Place vegetables and potatoes in the bowl with the remaining seasoning mixture and toss to coat well. Place vegetables around chicken in roasting pan.

5. Bake 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours, or until no pink remains in the chicken and the juices run clear, basting chicken and vegetables occasionally. 

Notes

Looking for a dessert to top off this delicious chicken dinner? Why not try our easy Tortilla Fruit Pizza for a refreshing and eye-catching finale!

Lemon-Rosemary-Chicken_ArticleImage-CategoryPage_ID-1903061.jpg

TORTILLA FRUIT PIZZA the follow up to the LEMON ROSEMARY CHICKEN on the above mr Food recipe it looks good and is very easy only 4 minutes cook time.

Tortilla Fruit Pizza

SERVES    4.....COOK TIME    4 Min

This eye-catching dessert pizza has a south-of-the-border tortilla crust! No matter the occasion, when you serve this one up, it's an automatic fiesta!

What You'll Need

• 1 (10-inch) flour tortilla
  • 1/2 teaspoon butter, softened
  • 3 teaspoons sugar, divided
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup whipped cream cheese
  • 1 fresh peach, cut in half, pitted and sliced
  • 1 cup red or green grapes, sliced in half
  • 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
  • 1/2 cup fresh sliced strawberries
  • 1/4 cup apricot preserves, melted

What to Do:

1. Preheat the oven to 400 degree F.

2. Place tortilla on an ungreased baking sheet and spread butter on tortilla.

3. In a cup, combine 1 teaspoon sugar and the cinnamon; sprinkle evenly over the tortilla.

4. Bake the tortilla 4 to 5 minutes, or until the edges just begin to brown; remove to a serving plate.

5. In a small bowl, combine the remaining 2 teaspoons sugar with the cream cheese then spread evenly over the crisp tortilla. Arrange fruit on top and glaze with the melted apricot preserves. Cut into 4 wedges and serve immediately.

Notes

Recipe courtesy of Chilean Fresh Fruit Association

Since we are still waiting for professional and college sports to open up along with our favorite restaurants and other eating places here are a few more GAMEDAY or anyday meals which are basically quick, easy to make and delicious !

Weeknight Skillet Lasagna ....with a vegan option.

SERVES4 to 6

INGREDIENTS

• tablespoon olive oil
  • 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced
  • ounces uncooked Italian sausage, casings removed
  • ounces white or cremini mushrooms, sliced
  • (24- to 26-ounce) jar marinara sauce (about 3 cups)
  • 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
  • ounces dry lasagna noodles (about 10)
  • cup cottage cheese (about 8 ounces), at room temperature
  • Salt
  • cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • Coarsely chopped parsley, for garnish (optional)
  •  

INSTRUCTIONS

1. If you'd like a browned lasagna top, heat the oven to broil and use an oven-safe skillet.

2. Heat the oil in a 12-inch or larger regular or cast iron skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add the onion and sausage and cook, breaking the meat up into small pieces with a wooden spoon, until the sausage is cooked through, about 6 minutes. Add the mushrooms and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes.

3. Add the marinara and broth, stir to combine, and bring to a simmer. Using your hands, break the lasagna noodles into 1 1/2- to 2-inch pieces and add to the pan. Stir to combine and spread into an even layer, making sure as many of the noodles are submerged in liquid as possible. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer briskly uncovered (small bubbles all over), stirring occasionally, until the noodles are just tender and the sauce has thickened slightly, about 25 minutes (add water 1/4 cup at a time as needed if the noodles have absorbed all the liquid before they're cooked). Make sure the noodles are always submerged in sauce.

4. A minute or 2 before the noodles are ready, dollop the cottage cheese over the lasagna with a small spoon and do not stir anymore. Taste and season with salt as needed.

5. Remove the pan from the heat and sprinkle with the mozzarella and Parmesan. Cover and let sit until the cheese is melted, about 5 minutes. (Alternatively, for a browned top, place the pan under the broiler for a few minutes until the cheese is golden-brown in spots.) Sprinkle with the parsley if using and serve.

RECIPE NOTES

Vegetarian option: This lasagna can be made vegetarian. Skip the sausage, use 1 pound of mushrooms rather than 8 ounces, and use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth.

Storage: Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.

30-Minute-One-Pot-Lasagna-Skillet-6-681x1024.jpg

you are lost in the wilderness in the fall. The leaves are beautiful, you wipe your exposed skin with mud to keep the insects at bay.

Stupid mosquitoes and black flies.

But, you somehow have cell phone reception, and the Browns are going to be on in a while.

Well, fix yourself some eats and watch them march on their way to the playoffs!

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/214172/fried-dandelions-appalachian-style/

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, calfoxwc said:

you are lost in the wilderness in the fall. The leaves are beautiful, you wipe your exposed skin with mud to keep the insects at bay.

Stupid mosquitoes and black flies.

But, you somehow have cell phone reception, and the Browns are going to be on in a while.

Well, fix yourself some eats and watch them march on their way to the playoffs!

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/214172/fried-dandelions-appalachian-style/

My grandmother used to cook dandelions or occasionally put them in salads.....not bad!   And she was the best cook that I ever knew.

TOMATO BASIL TURKEY BURGERS......ummmmm.   And check out the recipes on the Wisconsin cheese site !   https://www.wisconsincheese.com/

Ingredients

• 12 ounces Brunkow Monterey Jack Tomato Basil cheese, shredded (3 cups)
  • 3/4 cup minced fresh basil
  • 3/4 cup mayonnaise, divided
  • 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 2 pounds lean ground turkey
  • Salt and pepper
  • 6 ounces Brunkow Monterey Jack Tomato Basil cheese, cut into six slices (1 ounce each)
  • 6 whole wheat buns, split
  • 6 lettuce leaves
  • 1 large tomato, sliced
  •  
  • Instructions

1. Grease grill grate. Heat grill to medium.
      • Combine the shredded monterey jack, basil, 1/4 cup mayonnaise, bread crumbs and garlic powder in a large bowl. Crumble turkey over mixture; mix just until combined. Form into six patties, about 1/3 pound each. Season with salt and pepper.
      •  
        • Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat for 5-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer inserted in patties reads 165°F. Top with monterey jack slices. Cover and cook for 1-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
        •  
          • Spread bun bottoms with remaining mayonnaise; top with the lettuce, tomato and burgers. Replace bun tops.

Recipe Tip

Any flavored monterey jack cheese can be used.

Cheesemonger Tip

Select for cheesemonger info

Semi-soft monterey jack tomato basil cheese is mild, creamy and enhanced with the sweet flavor of basil and dried tomatoes. Delicious for snacking and melting in and on burgers, pizzas and more.

Screenshot_2020-05-11_145135.jpg

9 hours ago, mjp28 said:

My grandmother used to cook dandelions or occasionally put them in salads.....not bad!   And she was the best cook that I ever knew.

I actually made these today, again ! I just use egg, and Kentucky Fried Seasoned flour, and fry them in butter.

and they end up tasting a lot like fried oysters. Pretty good !

I haven't tried cattails in a long time. I'll have to check em out, keep in survival practice.

But I'm never going to eat earthworms, a man's gotta draw the line somewhere.

Fried grubs maybe...

Maybe we are actually getting a little closer to having some real GAMEDAY or maybe tailgating meals.

BUT we still have to eat would like to hear any special meals whether dine in, carry out, delivery or make at home.

And where's jcam's grillin' specials?  Always look really good.  ;)

10 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Maybe we are actually getting a little closer to having some real GAMEDAY or maybe tailgating meals.

BUT we still have to eat would like to hear any special meals whether dine in, carry out, delivery or make at home.

And where's jcam's grillin' specials?  Always really look good.  ;)

The only live sport showing right now is like Korean baseball.

So, maybe you can come up with say a kimchee recipe!

ITALIAN SAUSAGE AND PEPPERS BAKED ZITI   an easy and very hearty pasta dish and really delicious.  Good for Sunday, GAMEDAY or anyday.

Italian Sausage and Peppers Baked Ziti

MAKES8 to 10 servings excellent for leftovers !

INGREDIENTS

For the pasta and sauce:

• tablespoon olive oil
  • pound uncooked Italian sausages, casings removed
  • medium bell peppers, diced
  • medium yellow onion, diced
  • teaspoon garlic, finely chopped
  • 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
  • cups marinara sauce (about 36 ounces)
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for seasoning
  • Freshly ground black pepper
  • pound dried ziti or penne pasta

For assembly:

• cup whole-milk ricotta cheese
  • 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese, divided
  • 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
  • ounces shredded mozzarella and/or provolone cheese (about 2 cups)

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and heat to 375°F. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil over medium-high heat and make the sauce.

2. Heat the oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat until shimmering. Add the sausage and cook, breaking up the meat into smaller pieces with a wooden spoon, until cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes.

3. Add the bell peppers, onion, garlic, and pepper flakes; season with salt and pepper; and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 10 minutes. Add the marinara and 1/2 teaspoon salt, stir to combine, and bring to a simmer. Remove from the heat.

4. When the water is boiling, add the pasta and cook until just tender. While the pasta is cooking, stir the ricotta, 1/4 cup of the Parmesan, and salt together in a small bowl.

5. When the pasta is ready, drain it in a colander or strainer. Return the pasta to the now-empty pot. Add half of the sauce (about 3 generous cups) and stir until the pasta is well-coated. Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed. Add the ricotta mixture and fold it in, leaving big pockets of ricotta here and there.

6. Transfer half of the pasta mixture into a 9x13-inch baking dish and spread into an even layer. Evenly sprinkle with half of the mozzarella or provolone. Top with the remaining pasta in an even layer.

7. Pour the remaining sauce over the pasta and spread into an even layer. Sprinkle the surface evenly with the remaining mozzarella or provolone and remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan.

8. Bake uncovered until the edges are bubbling and the cheese is completely melted and browned in spots, about 30 minutes. Remove the baking dish to a wire rack and let cool 15 minutes before serving.

RECIPE NOTES

Make ahead: This dish can be assembled and refrigerated, covered in foil, up to 2 days in advance. Bake covered for 15 minutes, then uncover and bake for 30 minutes more.

Two smaller casseroles: This can be prepared in 2 (8x8-inch) baking dishes instead, which is great if you want to freeze half for a future meal.

Freezing: Baked ziti can be frozen right in the baking dish for up to 2 months — just let it cool completely and wrap it tightly in aluminum foil first. Bake straight from the freezer covered with foil for 1 hour, then uncover and bake for 15 minutes more.

Storage: Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.

12-2009_yummy-ph_recipe_baked-ziti-with-italian-sausage-and-peppers_image_main.jpg

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, ATOM said:

gotta think up a Nascar menu for tommorow  

I have money on Blaney or Debenato (sp?) for the win

What did you have in mind grill, munchies, pasta, whatever ?

........oh I have several new ones that I haven't posted yet.