THE BROWNS BOARD

• Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.

mjp28

On 3/7/2020 at 6:11 PM, gumby73 said:

A full RV of 16, Moms, dads, sons & daughters headed to Raleigh for some Monster Jam truck racing Sunday... CECk.gif     

the Grandpa's a farmer , so I've got enough chicken to grill to feed the parking Lot 🤩...Come on Down.. 🍗 🍗 

Sunday March 8th 2020...The last social gathering event of over 33,000 Monster Jam fans packed the PNC Arena in Raleigh,NC.. Have not Grilled a piece of Chicken since 🍗.. It's been a LONG crazy 20 days since..

Noon Sunday March 28th... the Gumby Corn hole & Chicken Cookout will attempt to reverse the Chinese Curse :o...            

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, cambridgeho said:

Got some ribeye and fillet on tonight. Hope all is well with everyone. Haven't been on here in a hot minute because of my new unit and being underway 3/4 of the last year. 

Nice garage grill setup and grilling season is on !

• Thanks 1

CHEESY HAM & POTATO CASSEROLE,    like scalloped potatoes only better.  A really good stay at home meal.

YIELDS:  6 SERVINGS   PREP TIME:  0 HOURS 25 MINS   TOTAL TIME:  1 HOUR 55 MINS

INGREDIENTS

3 tbsp. butter, plus more for pan
1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. sweet paprika
1 1/2 c. whole milk 
2 c. diced cooked ham
Kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
2 1/2 lb. russet potatoes, peeled and sliced into 1/4"-thick rounds
3 c. shredded cheddar
Freshly chopped chives, for serving

DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 375°. In a medium saucepan, melt butter. Add onions and cook until soft, stirring occasionally, about 4 minutes. Sprinkle flour and paprika over and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. 

While whisking, slowly pour in milk. Bring to a simmer and continue to whisk until thickened, about 3 minutes. Stir in ham and season with salt and pepper. 

Layer half the potatoes in the bottom of a 3-quart baking dish and season with salt and pepper. Spoon half the sauce over and sprinkle with half the cheddar. Repeat with remaining potatoes, sauce, and cheese. 

Cover dish with foil and bake until potatoes are soft, about 40 minutes. Remove foil and continue to bake until cheese is golden and bubbly, about 25 minutes more.

Sprinkle with chives before serving.

delish-cheesy-ham-and-potato-casserole-pinterest-still002-1553179097.jpg

SPINACH AND ARTICHOKE CALZONES  ...... from Mr Food today and ooh it's so good, and easy too !

Switch up your dinnertime routine by serving up our cheesy, baked Spinach and Artichoke Calzones. They're perfect for holding right in your hand and dunking into your favorite marinara sauce. You might just find yourself making these as an on-the-go lunch, too!

What You'll Need

• 1 (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 (9-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
  • 1 cup chopped artichokes
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  • 2 (13.8-ounce) containers refrigerated pizza crust dough
  • 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
  • Cooking spray

What to Do

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
  2. In a large bowl, combine ricotta and Parmesan cheeses, spinach, artichokes, garlic powder, and pepper; mix well.
  3. Unroll pizza crusts onto a flat surface and cut each into 4 squares. Spoon an equal amount of spinach mixture onto each square, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Sprinkle each with mozzarella cheese. Fold each in half diagonally to form triangles. Using a fork, crimp edges to firmly seal. Place calzones on baking sheets and spray lightly with cooking spray.
  4. Bake 13 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown.

Notes.....check out the MEATBALL CALZONES too, looks good.

Serve these with marinara sauce. And if you like calzones as much as we do, please try our Meatball Calzones -- you'll be glad you did!

If you loved this simple spinach recipe, be sure to check out our collection of Super Recipes with Spinach: 21 Spinach Salad Recipes, Spinach Dinner Recipes, and More.

Spinach-and-Artichoke-Calzones_ArticleImage-CategoryPage_ID-1205388.jpg

Meatball-Calzone_ArticleImage-CategoryPage_ID-1114959.jpg

ALL STAR ZUCCHINI  .....a great go along with the SPINACH AND ARTICHOKE CALZONES and also check out the link on the bottom of that recipe for the delicious MEATBALL CALZONES either one a great anytime at home dish !  All from Mr Food and it is ooh it's so good.

All-Star Zucchini

SERVES     4     COOK TIME     20 Min

This mouthwatering dish features an all-star summer line-up of zucchini, tomatoes, basil, garlic, and more. To say that our All-Star Zucchini is flavorful is an understatement! It's just as amazing on its own as it is served over a bed of pasta. Yum!

What You'll Need

• 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 3 tomatoes, cut into small chunks (about 3 cups)
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  • 3 zucchini, cut into small chunks (about 4 cups)

What to Do

1. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil until hot.

2. Add remaining ingredients except zucchini; cover and cook 5 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.

3. Add zucchini, cover, and cook 10 to 15 more minutes or until zucchini is tender, stirring occasionally.

Notes....always great other suggestions from Mr Food and his test kitchen.

For easy Italian recipes you will make again and again, we've compiled this collection of 35 No-Fail Italian Favorites, Plus 7 Classic Sauces you can make at home!

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

I think we need a rule that MJP can't list a recipe unless he prepared and ate that dish that day!

And that he makes enough to share with everyone here.  

Well Saturday - oven baked pork chops with progresso Italian bread crumbs (she has two varieties), sliced russet potatoes with our home grown herbs and EVOO, spinach with butter.

And Sunday a nice roast beef with onions, carrots and potatoes.   And there will be leftovers.....my wife can cook !    :D

52 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Well Saturday - oven baked pork chops with progresso Italian bread crumbs (she has two varieties), sliced russet potatoes with our home grown herbs and EVOO, spinach with butter.

And Sunday a nice roast beef with onions, carrots and potatoes.   And there will be leftovers.....my wife can cook !    :D

Da Fuck!   All this time.....57 pages of this stuff, and all the time it has been your WIFE who has been doing the cooking? 

source.gif

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Da Fuck!   All this time.....57 pages of this stuff, and all the time it has been your WIFE who has been doing the cooking? 

I'm a good cook she's a great scratch cook -and- likes to cook.

Over the last 5 years or so especially with me being sick I've turned more and more over to her especially grilling.  I used to do all the grilling now she's getting good there.  We both come from cooking families me from canning and fishing and I'm great at filleting fish.  My wife for a few decades now has grown and prepared her own spices.....a really nice advantage in making fine food.

Plus she knows everything about food much of it from watching those TV cooking shows and I mean everything !

However I actually do more of the cookbook reading and recipe treasure hunting to find my friends and you sports nuts some easy to cook delicious meals.  It started years ago on another sports also a gun board and I've carried it over here.

I have an email list that has grown to about 20 people that I send a couple of recipes every week or so -but- with this stay at home stuff I've upped it a bit.

My favorite cook anywhere was my grandmother she was an awesome little old lady and a true scratch cook, miss her !

SO now you know everything, bon appetit..........       ;)

Ok for an old repeat recipe here but still easy one that you can customize anyway you want.

Baguette Pizzas

baguette pizzas
MIKE GARTEN

Remember those frozen French bread pizzas you ate in the good ol' days? Yea, these are 10x better.

YIELDS:servings
TOTAL TIME:hours 25 mins
Ingredients
BUFFALO CHICKEN BAGUETTE PIZZA      
baguette (24-inch)
2 c. shredded rotisserie-chicken
2/3 c. Buffalo-style hot sauce
1/4 c. ranch dressing, plus more for topping
6 oz. mozzarella, coarsely grated
1/2 c. crumbled blue cheese
scallions, thinly sliced

Chopped cilantro, for topping

Caramelized Shallots, Goat Cheese, and HONEY BAGUETTE PIZZA
baguette (24-inch)
1/4 c. olive oil
shallots, thinly sliced
cloves garlic, finely chopped

Kosher salt,  pepper

1 c. whole milk ricotta
4 oz. mozzarella, coarsely grated
1/2 c. goat cheese, crumbled
2 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
1/4 c. walnuts, toasted and chopped

Honey, for drizzling

PEPPERONI 2.0 PIZZA        
baguette (24-inch)
(15-ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes, drained
1 tbsp. fresh oregano, chopped
large clove garlic, finely grated
anchovy fillets, finely chopped.  (optional)
6 oz. mozzarella, coarsely grated
2 oz. pepperoni, thinly sliced
1/3 c. pickled pepperoncini peppers, thinly sliced

Directions
  1. For each pizza, prepare the bread: Place an oven rack in middle of oven and heat broiler. Split baguette and arrange on baking sheet cut-side up. Broil until light golden brown, 2 to 3 min. Reduce oven temp to 375°F and top bread using recipes below.
  2. Buffalo Chicken Baguette Pizza: In small bowl, combine chicken and hot sauce; set aside. Spread 2 tablespoons dressing over cut side of bread and sprinkle with mozzarella. Top with chicken mixture and blue cheese.
  3. Bake until cheese has melted and bread is crisp, 3 to 5 minutes. Top with scallions and cilantro and drizzle with additional ranch, if desired.
  4. Caramelized Shallots, Goat Cheese, and Honey Baguette Pizza: Heat oil in medium skillet on medium. Add shallots and garlic, season with a pinch each of salt and pepper and cook, tossing occasionally, until golden brown and tender, 18 to 22 minutes.
  5. Spread ricotta over cut sides of bread and sprinkle with mozzarella. Top with shallot mixture, then goat cheese and thyme leaves. Bake until cheese has melted and bread is crisp, 3 to 5 minutes. Top with walnuts and drizzle with honey.
  6. Pepperoni 2.0: In medium bowl, hand-crush the tomatoes then stir in oregano, garlic, and anchovies.
  7. Spread 1/2 cup sauce onto cut sides of bread (there will be extra sauce). Top with mozzarella, pepperoni and peppers. Bake until cheese has melted and bread is crisp, 3 to 4 minutes.

Nutritional information (per serving):

Buffalo Chicken Baguette Pizza, About 450 calories, 20 g fat (8 g saturated), 26 g protein, 1,705 mg sodium, 48 g carb, 3 g fiber.

Caramelized Shallots, Goat Cheese, and Honey Baguette PizzaAbout 520 calories, 24 g fat (9 g saturated), 21 g protein, 715 mg sodium, 57 g carb, 4 g fiber.

Pepperoni 2.0 Pizza, About 355 calories, 11 g fat (5.5 g saturated), 18 g protein, 1,020 mg sodium, 47 g carb, 3 g fiber.

2 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I HATED the ham & beans, but the cheese spread was pretty damned good.

Hell, out in the field we didn't have trays, but trading C-Rations was common & sometimes took cash/other stuff to get the good C-rations LOL.

Mike 

CHILI CHEESE DOG PIZZA  ........when you're in the mood for something different !

YIELDS:   SERVINGS   PREP TIME:   HOURS 15 MINS   TOTAL TIME:   HOURS 40 MINS

INGREDIENTS

Cooking spray

1 lb. refrigerated pizza dough, divided into 2 pieces
3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
2 c. canned chili, divided
2 c. shredded cheddar, divided 
hot dogs, sliced 1/4" thick, divided

1/2 small red onion, diced

green onions, thinly sliced 

WHAT TO DO    

1. Preheat oven to 500°. Grease two large baking sheets with cooking spray. 
  2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out 1 piece of pizza dough into a large circle roughly 8" in diameter. Transfer onto prepared baking sheet, then repeat with other piece of pizza dough.
  3. Brush the surface of each pizza with olive oil. Spread 1 cup of chili on each pizza, leaving a 1" border around the edges of the dough. (This will be your crust!)
  4. Divide cheddar evenly between both pizzas, then top with sliced hot dogs.
  5. Bake until cheese is melty and dough is cooked through, 20 to 25 minutes, checking on the pizzas and rotating them in the oven halfway through.
  6. Top with red and green onions before serving.

delish-chili-cheese-dog-pizza-still001-1585952240.jpg

2 hours ago, LBC mike said:

Smoked some all jacked up cheese stuffed meatloaf last Saturday.  It was really good.

Looks tasty especially with the asparagus as a green veggie.  I love asparagus (or most green veggies) whether it's grilled, steamed or with another food.

I just finished some Tostitos scoopers with some cold chunky salsa and some Dutch Farms Mexican Cheese mix and cold sour cream.....nice snack !

Tonight some talipia or cod with and chips and whatever we dig up........

3 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Do you know that the chemical ingredient in jalapenos is the active ingredient in the pain killer  capsacin?  My son told me that. 

And the active ingredient in mace.

• Upvote 1

Capsaicin is present in many peppers, not JUST jalapenos.

Interesting for those of you with bird feeders & squirrel problems...lace your bird seed with cayenne pepper. It doesn't bother birds, but squirrels won't touch it. A buddy of mine in NC put me onto that years ago & it works.

Mike

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Canton Mike said:

Capsaicin is present in many peppers, not JUST jalapenos.

Interesting for those of you with bird feeders & squirrel problems...lace your bird seed with cayenne pepper. It doesn't bother birds, but squirrels won't touch it. A buddy of mine in NC put me onto that years ago & it works.

Mike

Got anything for rats?

Here's one that we're thinking about making after our next scheduled trip to the food shopping place of our choice maybe the new. Rulli Bros Italian grocery store on South Ave  in Boardman about a mile from our house.  The original was on Kirk Road across the street from our church St Anne's, the new one is much better.

Any of you Italian food junkies like Dutch would love it but I'd recommend getting there early before the parking lot fills up !

Spinach-Artichoke Manicotti .....it's what's for dinner !  Ummmm.

Baked pasta doesn't get the attention it deserves, but spinach-artichoke manicotti is here to change that. It has all the components of your favorite dip stuffed inside a cheesy, creamy Alfredo-covered manicotti. It's perfect for a weeknight dinner or for entertaining! 

If red sauce is more your thing, then try out our classic Cheese Manicotti

YIELDS 6 SERVINGS   PREP TIME:HOURS 10 MINS   TOTAL TIME:HOUR MINS
INGREDIENTS

(8-oz.) package manicotti
(16-oz.) container ricotta
package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
1 c. chopped artichoke hearts
2 c. shredded mozzarella, divided

Kosher salt,  Freshly ground black pepper, Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes

3 tbsp. butter
cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
2 c. milk
1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan

Juice of ½ a lemon,   Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish

DIRECTIONS
  1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook manicotti until al dente, 5 minutes. Drain and let cool slightly.
  2. In a large bowl, combine ricotta, spinach, artichoke hearts, and ½ cup mozzarella. Season with salt, pepper, and a pinch of red pepper flakes. Transfer to a piping bag or large resealable plastic bag and make a cut in the corner of the bag.
  3. In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add garlic and cook until fragrant. Add flour and whisk until golden and bubbly, 1 minute. Slowly pour in milk and whisk until no lumps remain. Add Parmesan and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat and let simmer until slightly thickened, 5 minutes.
  4. Spoon about ¼ cup of sauce on bottom of a 9"-x-13" baking dish. Pipe ricotta filling into manicotti, making sure to fill entire noodle and place in pan. Pour remaining sauce over noodles and top with remaining 1½ cups mozzarella. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake until cheese is melty, 10 minutes. If you'd like the top to be golden, broil on high for 2 to 3 minutes. Garnish with parsley to serve.

delish-spinach-artichoke-manicotti-pinterest-still002-1554303861.jpg

• Like 1

Chicken Chili today...

Two Chicken breasts

One Can of Whole Kernel Corn (With juice)

Can of Garbanzo Beans (no juice)

Can of Black Beans (no juice)

Can of Rotel (medium or hot)

Packet of Ranch Dry Dressing

Packet of Taco Seasoning

Bar of Cream Cheese

Add a little Pepper and Garlic for taste.  You can heat it up with a little hot salsa 

Cook on low in a crock pot for 5-6 hours

Top with Diced Green onions last hour 

E28E98C9-CF63-4378-8F30-5D73DB4A9803.jpeg

• Upvote 1