THE BROWNS BOARD

• Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.

mjp28

A full RV of 16, Moms, dads, sons & daughters headed to Raleigh for some Monster Jam truck racing Sunday... CECk.gif     

the Grandpa's a farmer , so I've got enough chicken to grill to feed the parking Lot 🤩...Come on Down.. 🍗 🍗 

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, gumby73 said:

A full RV of 16, Moms, dads, sons & daughters headed to Raleigh for some Monster Jam truck racing Sunday... CECk.gif     

the Grandpa's a farmer , so I've got enough chicken to grill to feed the parking Lot 🤩...Come on Down.. 🍗 🍗 

At first glance, I thought maybe that was closer to Concord. Will be going there about April, staying in Salisbury. Very cool video though. lol

On 3/4/2020 at 6:03 PM, mjp28 said:

I'm just trying out various current and future GAMEDAY and everyday recipes, here's a good one and so easy !

GARLIC-PARM ZUCCHINI SAUTÉ   

As you probably know by now we really like zucchini so here's a recipe that is really quick and easy and affordable plus delicious........ continued at the recipe site..........

Just had it Saturday afternoon and it was really easy and quite delicious plus anytime you sautè garlic the whole house smells fantastic !  We had it as a side dish to broiled salmon, my wife's favorite fish.

Our neighbor brought over a bowl of Italian rigatoni with sauce and meatballs and sausage with some incredible Italian bread in cheese and garlic...... great. The house really had that delicious Italian restaurant smell !

On 3/1/2020 at 11:36 AM, mjp28 said:

A good anytime meal STUFFED EGGPLANT PARM.

We're between winter and spring still a good time to use the oven......and you won't miss the pasta.

Well we had this this afternoon and it was DELICIOUS !  I would recommend it Sunday or anyway and make plenty, we had 3 eggplants for 6 halves for a meal today and leftovers for tomorrow which should be better.

SUGGESTIONS: Use a little or 2 garlic cloves of a little more if you want.  Make enough sauce for underneath the eggplants and on them. Use the basil garnish if you like -and- make plenty !   ;)

BACON ASPARAGUS CRESCENTS .......   Well we might as well stay home and cook!

BACON ASPARAGUS CRESCENTS ...... everything's better in bacon !

YIELDS:8     PREP TIME:        0 HOURS 20 MINS.   TOTAL TIME:      0 HOURS 55 MINS

INGREDIENTS

slices bacon
Flour, for rolling out dough
sheet crescent dough
small bunch (about 1/2 lb.) asparagus, woody ends removed
1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
Egg wash
1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan

DIRECTIONS
  1. Preheat oven to 400º. On a large baking sheet with a wire rack placed on top, lay bacon. Bake until bacon is cooked but still pliable, about 20 minutes.
  2. Increase oven heat to 425°. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper.
  3. On a lightly floured surface, roll the puff pastry out to a large rectangle. Square off edges and cut the rectangle into 8 even squares.
  4. Toss asparagus in olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
  5. Brush each square of puff pastry with egg wash. Place a slice of cooked bacon on top, followed by 3 to 4 stalks of asparagus and a sprinkle of Parmesan. Wrap bacon around asparagus and cheese, then wrap puff pastry around the bacon-asparagus bundle, overlapping the puff pastry ends to seal.
  6. Brush each puff pastry with more egg wash. Bake until puff pastry is golden and puffed, about 12 minutes.

gallery-1491252684-delish-bacon-asparagus-crescents-pin-05.jpg

27 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Well at least it isn't my favorite guaranteed gag food, canned asparagus. 🤮

Hey try it you might like it.  We like grilled asparagus but are going to try this recipe soon.

On 2/27/2020 at 5:18 PM, mjp28 said:

OK back to GAMEDAY or party time recipes this one quick and easy and one of my favorites......deviled eggs !

Deviled Eggs Dip

No time to individually fill 24 deviled eggs? Us either! This easy dip takes so little time, and is just as delicious as the party app you know and love. We're hooked!

Made this? Let us know how it came out.

YIELDS: 6 - 8 SERVINGS.     PREP TIME: 0 HOURS MINS.     TOTAL TIME: 0 HOURS 50 MINS

INGREDIENTS

1 dozen large eggs

1/4 c. mayonnaise 
2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
2 tsp. hot sauce
Kosher salt
1/2 c. sour cream
Finely chopped chives, for garnish
Smoked paprika, for garnish
Pita chips, for dipping    Celery sticks, for dipping    Carrot sticks, for dipping  (or your favorite chips)

DIRECTIONS
  1. In a medium saucepan, cover eggs by 1" water. Bring to a boil and remove from the heat. Let sit 11 minutes. Drain and run eggs under cool water. When cool enough to handle, peel eggs and transfer to a food processor.
  2. Add mayonnaise, mustard, and hot sauce to food processor and pulse until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. 
  3. Add sour cream and process until smooth. Transfer into a serving dish and garnish with paprika and chives. 
  4. Serve with pita chips, celery sticks, and carrot sticks (or your favorite chips, veggies).

delish-deviled-egg-dip-still002-1582577528.jpg

awesome just made some but because of keto we used cream cheese instead of mayo

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, ATOM said:

awesome just made some but because of keto we used cream cheese instead of mayo

Glad you liked it.  We've recently tried many of the recipes I've put up on the board most with really good results.

We have a lot of time on our hands to check out new ideas -plus-. grilling season is just starting.

• Like 1

Lately I've been going through a lot of recipes always looking for some good new GAMEDAY or anyday meals or snacks.  One thing that I've occasionally run into is recipes with metric measurements so what to do? 

Easy I found a nice cooking recipe converter to do it for you, it converts anything to anything you need.   In my example below 200 grams = 7.05 ounces.

There's also measuring cups and cookbook tables you can use.

https://www.thecalculatorsite.com/cooking/cooking-calculator.php

Screenshot_2020-03-17_141755.jpg

MEDITERRANEAN MOZZARELLA CHICKEN

Pretty quick and easy and delicious even without March Madness or MLB for now.

Adding the mozzarella cheese to this low carb dish may seem decadent – but it really does taste delicious and keeps you feeling full and satisfied.

Calories per serving: 375     Prep time: 5 minutes     Cook time: 35 minutes  Serves: 1 (per person) x desired guests

Ingredients    (metric measurements no problem use a measuring cup, cookbook table or food calculator like in link below)

1 tbsp olive oil

½ onion, chopped

1 garlic clove, thinly sliced

200 g tinned chopped tomatoes  (about 1 to 1 1/4 cup).  https://www.thecalculatorsite.com/cooking/cooking-calculator.php

Fresh basil, chopped roughly

150 mls vegetable stock*.      (about 2/3 cup or 5.3 oz)

125 g skinless chicken breast.   (about 1/4 lb+ of chicken)

30 g mozzarella cheese, sliced.   (about 1 oz.)

Method

Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius.   (about 375 degrees F)

Heat the oil in a frying pan. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes, or until the onion softens. Add the chopped tomatoes, basil leaves and stock then bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and leave to simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Meanwhile, lightly pound the chicken breast to increase the surface area and place the chicken in an oven-proof dish. Cover the chicken with the sauce from the pan and add slices of mozzarella to the dish, keeping them in a single layer. Transfer to the oven and cook for approximately 20 minutes, or until the chicken is completely cooked through (chicken should be white throughout) and the cheese is melted.

* To ensure this recipe is gluten-free, please check the label of this product to ensure there are no sources of gluten.

Low-Carb-Mediterranean-Mozzarella-Chicken-1500x1500.jpeg

Today & tomorrow it's gonna be cubed round steak with potato and carrot soup. Feeding the masses at home. My wife keeps wanting me to take out the 24 lb frozen turkey and I tell her that turkey I can make last 10 days by slicing it all up after cooking and freezing individual meals which would include making turkey rice soup out of the "leftover" dark meat from the netherworld areas of the turkey. I told her to think of it as "The Last Thanksgiving" when we are down to the last bag of rice and the turkey🦃. After that the old .22 Henry lever action comes out with hard to even hear .22 shorts with a little tree climbing on a slanted tree just above the wild grass in the "outback" that the deer always come to eat. One well placed round from 15 ft above through the ole brainpan then it's fresh venison stew. Hopefully they will have their half grown Bambies with them by then so I don't have to kill off the breeders. After that I get cal's best squirrel recipes. They would be more of a challenge, but I have great spotter cats who always show me where they are and start their "stalking" as pointers.🐾🐈😁

• Haha 1

ever make creamed turkey over toast? I don't think I mentioned it here - but it's great. Some add other spices, like sage....

some add peas. Helps make a whole meal out of leftover pieces of turkey. I use 4 peppercorn fresh ground pepper....

https://www.food.com/recipe/mamaws-creamed-turkey-over-toast-145936

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

ever make creamed turkey over toast? I don't think I mentioned it here - but it's great. Some add other spices, like sage....

some add peas. Helps make a whole meal out of leftover pieces of turkey. I use 4 peppercorn fresh ground pepper....

Thanks cal. Can you do that with squirrel too? 

Seriously I may just try that instead of my usual turkey rice soup that I make with the leftover dark meat I get out of every little nook & cranny. 👍

Here's a good tuna recipe that my brother calls the family "tuna blop".

All you need is a large can of tuna drained of water or oil all taken apart with a fork and add that to plain ole mushroom soup to consistency of your choice and heat up decently on the stove.

Cook some rice with salted water and place one cup of the rice on a paper plate (or china plate if you want it more formal) for each person. Take about 3/4 cup of the tuna concoction and blop it right down on the center of the rice and mix it all together. Voila! Tuna Blop! All comes from cans and a sack of rice. No virus enclosed.😁

works with squirrel great. greatly. ...really well....

our tuna glod is the deluxe macaroni, cook it up, mix the cheese packet with

a can of tuna fish or two...(we prefer water) and a can of mushroom soup.

Back in my AF days eating on the cheap, I added frozen peas. Wife doesn't like em,

so I never did it again.

Also, awesome over bisquits. However, I was always trying to do the perfect bisquits and could get it.

Then, my Wife ordered me some soft white flour - "White Lilly" is the brand name.

Oh, my - the recipe on the bag - best bisquits in the whole world.

That's homemade. We like the southern buttermilk grand style you buy in the stores, too.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Nice cal, sounds a lot like turkey pot pie one of my wife's homemade recipes.  She also makes a really good seafood pot pie.....sounds strange but tastes good.

USMC SOS (Shit on the Shingle)

Leatherneck's World-Famous SOS Recipe
1 1/2 pounds extra lean hamburger or ground chuck
2 tbsp. oleo or butter
1 cup chopped onion
3 tbsp. flour
2 tsp. granulated garlic
2 tbsp. soy sauce (or less to taste)
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 cups milk
salt and pepper to taste
sliced bread
Brown the meat, then drain.
Add oleo. Stir in the onions and cook until you can see through them.
Add flour, stir and cook two to three minutes. Add garlic, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce and mix thoroughly. Add milk and stir until it
thickens. Serve over bread.

Camp Lejeune's SOS Recipe for Manly Men
1 lb. lean hamburger
3 tsp. beef stock powder
3 tbsp. plain flour
¼ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. black pepper
½ tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 pint whole milk
Brown hamburger. Add beef stock powder, flour, salt, pepper and then cook.
Add Worcestershire sauce.
Add milk and stir over low heat until thickened.
Serve on burnt toast.

Put a couple of overeasy eggs on top and your good to go.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

SALSA VERDE CHICKEN SOUP for all you soup and cheesemongers out there.  Super easy and a hearty soup especially with more at home time !

See the site for some more Wisconsin cheese recipes.  https://wisconsincheese.com/

Ingredients

• 1 quart chicken broth
  • 1 cup salsa verde
  • 2 teaspoons each chili powder and ground cumin
  • 2 cans (14.75 ounces each) whole kernel fire-roasted corn blend, drained
  • 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
  • 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
  • 8 ounces McCluskey Brothers Monterey Jack cheese, shredded (2 cups)
  • Additional shredded McCluskey Brothers Monterey Jack cheese
  • Optional toppings: fresh cilantro, lime wedges, sour cream and tortilla chips
  • Instructions

1. Bring the chicken broth, salsa verde, chili powder and cumin to a boil in a Dutch oven over medium heat, stirring occasionally. 
      • Reduce heat to low; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Stir in the corn, black beans and chicken. Cook for 10 minutes longer, stirring occasionally. Gradually stir in monterey jack until melted.
      •  
        • Garnish servings with additional monterey jack and toppings as desired.

Cheesemonger Tip

Select for cheesemonger info

MuCluskey Brothers Monterey Jack is a seasonal, grass-fed cheese available plain and flavored. Monterey jack is a natural, creamy white cheese with a buttery flavor; it’s excellent for snacking and melting.

Screenshot_2020-03-19_122705.jpg

• Thanks 1

No-Bake Blueberry Cheesecake Lasagna

Just a quick switch from easy and delicious meals to desserts.  One of my wife's favorites blueberry !

While we love cheesecake, we're not always down to put in a ton of time and effort. This no-bake lasagna is the perfect solution for when the craving strikes.  The hardest part ?   Waiting the 4 hours for it to chill in the fridge. 

Yields 10

INGREDIENTS

FOR BLUEBERRY LAYER:

3 c. blueberries
2 tbsp. granulated sugar
Juice of 1/2 lemon

FOR CRUST:

Cooking spray
2 c. crushed graham crackers (from 1 sleeve)
2 tbsp. granulated sugar
6 tbsp. melted butter

FOR CHEESECAKE LAYER:

1 c. heavy cream
3 (8-0z.) blocks cream cheese, softened
1/3 c. Greek yogurt
1 c. powdered sugar
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
Zest and juice of 1/2 a lemon
Pinch of kosher salt

DIRECTIONS

In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine blueberries, sugar, and lemon juice. Bring to a simmer and cook until thick and jammy and blueberries have burst, 10 minutes. Let cool completely. 

Make crust: Grease a 9”-x-13” baking dish with cooking spray. In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press mixture into prepared pan in an even layer. 

Make cheesecake layer: In a large bowl, beat heavy cream to stiff peaks. In another large bowl, beat cream cheese and yogurt together until smooth. Add powdered sugar and beat until no lumps remain. Add vanilla, lemon zest and juice, and a pinch of salt. Fold in whipped cream. 

Spread cheesecake mixture over crust, then pour cooled blueberry sauce over cheesecake. Refrigerate until well chilled, at least 4 hours and up to overnight.

delish-no-bake-blueberry-cheesecake-lasagna-still001-1584744911.jpg

CHICKEN, SPINACH & ARTICHOKE LASAGNA

If you know spinach-artichoke dip is the best way to start a party, you can only guess what layering it in lasagna does: EVERYTHING. This is our go-to dinner for nights when you want something super-comforting, but also need to sneak in some greens, too. :-) The cream sauce is perfect.  This is on our make soon list !

YIELDS:8 SERVINGS   PREP TIME: 0 HOURS 20 MINS   COOK TIME: 0 HOURS 55 MINS   TOTAL TIME: 1 HOUR 15 MINS

INGREDIENTS

1 lb. lasagna noodles
3 tbsp. butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
3 c. milk (preferably whole or 2%)
Kosher salt
1 c. freshly grated Parmesan
2 c. shredded rotisserie chicken
1/2 lb. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed of excess liquid 
1 (15-oz.) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
2 (15-oz.) containers part-skim ricotta
4 c. shredded mozzarella

DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 350°. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook lasagna noodles according to package directions until al dente. Drain and transfer to a baking sheet to cool.

Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute, then add flour and cook 1 minute more. Pour in milk and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer and let thicken, 2 to 4 minutes. Add Parmesan and stir until creamy, then add chicken, spinach, and artichokes and stir until combined.

Assemble lasagna: Spread a thin layer of chicken mixture in a large baking dish and top with a layer of overlapping noodles. Spread a layer of ricotta over the noodles, add a layer of chicken mixture, and sprinkle with a layer of mozzarella. Repeat for three layers total, ending with mozzarella.

Tent with foil and bake for 35 minutes. Remove foil and bake until browned and bubbly, 10 minutes more.

Let cool for 15 minutes before slicing and serving.

420-chickenspinachartichokelasagna3-1534789808.jpg

Since we are low on sports stories and have some extra time on our hands I'm putting up a few more quick and easy recipes.

HOT DOG FRIED RICE,   it's much better than it sounds.

YIELDS:4   PREP TIME:0 HOURS 30 MINS   TOTAL TIME:0 HOURS 45 MINS

INGREDIENTS

1 tbsp. butter
1/2 Onion, finely chopped
3 medium carrots, peeled and diced
2 hot dogs, sliced into coins and halved  (or Spam, I like either one)
1 Garlic clove, minced
1 tbsp. sesame oil
2 1/2 c. cooked white rice.  (or brown rice ??)
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2/3 c. frozen peas
2 tbsp. soy sauce
1 scallion, thinly sliced

DIRECTIONS

In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add onions, carrots, and hot dogs and cook until onions become translucent, 3-5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add sesame oil to the pan and let heat 1 minute add the rice, and let cook for 3 minutes.

Push rice to one side of the pan and add the eggs, scrambling them in the pan and incorporating them into the rice when they are fully cooked.

Add the peas and the soy sauce and stir to combine.

Top with scallions if desired and serve.

gallery-1508189868-delish-hot-dog-fried-rice-pinterest-still003.jpg

26 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Since we are low on sports stories and have some extra time on our hands I'm putting up a few more quick and easy recipes.

HOT DOG FRIED RICE,   it's much better than it sounds.

YIELDS:4   PREP TIME:0 HOURS 30 MINS   TOTAL TIME:0 HOURS 45 MINS

INGREDIENTS

1 tbsp. butter
1/2 Onion, finely chopped
3 medium carrots, peeled and diced
2 hot dogs, sliced into coins and halved  (or Spam, I like either one)
1 Garlic clove, minced
1 tbsp. sesame oil
2 1/2 c. cooked white rice.  (or brown rice ??)
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2/3 c. frozen peas
2 tbsp. soy sauce
1 scallion, thinly sliced

DIRECTIONS

In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add onions, carrots, and hot dogs and cook until onions become translucent, 3-5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add sesame oil to the pan and let heat 1 minute add the rice, and let cook for 3 minutes.

Push rice to one side of the pan and add the eggs, scrambling them in the pan and incorporating them into the rice when they are fully cooked.

Add the peas and the soy sauce and stir to combine.

Top with scallions if desired and serve.

gallery-1508189868-delish-hot-dog-fried-rice-pinterest-still003.jpg

FB_IMG_1585428437174.jpg

FB_IMG_1585428431454.jpg

• Upvote 1