mjp28

Favorite GAMEDAY food?..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.

1 hour ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Image result for HARDTACK CRACKERS

And I used to think you could only find crackers in the south. MAGA.;)

On 11/22/2017 at 10:36 AM, Westside Steve said:

And it has occurred to me that if, in fact, one man sleeps while the other man drives, that it should be a relatively easy task to get some orange juice from Florida to Ohio in less than 40 hours.

True today, but back when the Big-O (which I'd completely forgotten was a thing) was rolling the Interstate system between Ohio and Florida was still under construction. Many large gaps through TN and GA complete with "speed traps".

18 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

True today, but back when the Big-O (which I'd completely forgotten was a thing) was rolling the Interstate system between Ohio and Florida was still under construction. Many large gaps through TN and GA complete with "speed traps".

Oh yeah and I remember the first time three of us went to spring break 1969, oh yeah we made it back Coral Gables to Boardman, Ohio in 23 1/2 hours! Staying in a condo just off the UM campus what a riot......

.......but that was three of driving in a new GTO with the posted interstate speed limit of 75 and I have no idea how we never got one ticket. That GTO speedometer went to 150 and we had it near or above 100 "often", and not hauling OJ. :o

Used to have to take US 301, which indeed did go thru many speed traps.

Edited by DieHardBrownsFan

On the menu today......

Deviled eggs gone, black olives gone, many goodies gone -BUT- turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy I'm in baby! Right when the Brownies kick off....speaking of turkeys. :lol:

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

And I used to think you could only find crackers in the south. MAGA.;)

How about some of them good ole C-rat crackers with some canned peanut butter?  

36 minutes ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Hard tack and boiled peanuts.

How bad was Gettysburg? :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Used to have to take US 301, which indeed did go thru many speed traps.

Most of which were ID'd in our handy AAA "TripTik"...

aaa-triptik.png

• Upvote 2

Yep.  Remember driving to my brothers house in Camp Lejeune, NC and getting one of those from the AAA on Pearl Road.  Times sure have changed lol.

2 minutes ago, flyingfooldoug said:

I had boiled peanuts in the south. It's good to be home

This is a dumb question, but mind you I've lived in NE Ohio my whole life, but where in the south does one boil peanuts? What do they taste like?

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

This is a dumb question, but mind you I've lived in NE Ohio my whole life, but where in the south does one boil peanuts? What do they taste like?

Ok, I spent a couple years in N Carolina. Boiled peanuts is a big time snack amongst the native Southerners. They have different flavors added to them. Come in jars and taste like beans. Soft and mushy. Haven't had em, seen em or missed them since I've been back.

21 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Most of which were ID'd in our handy AAA "TripTik"...

Then on the 8th day God invented the GPS and while he was at it the cell phone, tablet, Tom-Tom, self driving car.....wait that's too far now. Used to go to the AAA in Girard, Ohio  (next to the original Jib Jab which used to be an old Winkies) quite frequently. 

Does any gas station give out maps anymore? Or pump gas? Clean windshields?  Check anything? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now next week's championship  football weekend has to include a grill!  (Wife cooked hot dogs last night, the first no turkey meal.)

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Or pump gas?

In New Jersey...

4 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Nothing like a Jimmy Buffet cheese burger, some chips and a Clausen dill pickle with margaritas on a Sunday afternoon. 

Not to be picky but that should have been with a cold draft beer. Just for the purists.

WSS

33 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Not to be picky but that should have been with a cold draft beer. Just for the purists.

WSS

Yep, according to the song. But the margaritas are for the wife. And it does keep with the Buffet theme. 

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

WSS

If he is making Jimmy Buffet reference....isn't Margaritas for the purists. 

Last time I looked his most famous song was not "Wasting Away in Cold Draft Beerville:P

18 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

If he is making Jimmy Buffet reference....isn't Margaritas for the purists. 

Last time I looked his most famous song was not "Wasting Away in Cold Draft Beerville:P

No. The reference to the Cheeseburger in Paradise is from the song of the same name. Margaritaville has nothing to do with a cheeseburger with lettuce and tomato Heinz 57 and french fried potatoes. Also a big kosher pickle and a cold draft beer.

The non-traditional, or frozen margarita, in the other song is being served with boiled shrimp.

WSS

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

No. The reference to the Cheeseburger in Paradise is from the song of the same name. Margaritaville has nothing to do with a cheeseburger with lettuce and tomato Heinz 57 and french fried potatoes. Also a big kosher pickle and a cold draft beer.

The non-traditional, or frozen margarita, in the other song is being served with boiled shrimp.

WSS

Ah...OK,  I guess I am mixing my beer with my Margaritas and my cheeseburgers with my shrimp.

Whatever...it still sounds like a party.

When you have had enough of either you can't tell which Jimmy Buffet song you are listening to.

Nothing is sure but this brand new tattoo.  And it's a real beauty.  A Mexican Cuty.  How it got here I haven't a clue.

• Upvote 1

On 11/26/2017 at 12:30 PM, flyingfooldoug said:

Ok, I spent a couple years in N Carolina. Boiled peanuts is a big time snack amongst the native Southerners. They have different flavors added to them. Come in jars and taste like beans. Soft and mushy. Haven't had em, seen em or missed them since I've been back.

been here now over 20 years.. Native:P (them'damn) Southerners will gift me at least 3 jars at Xmas season. Not a chance in hell am touching them things..OPEN INVITATION(dutch)--PM me your address, the 1st sucker gifted of olive oily pea green mushy beans is all yours.(not a drop of salt on none of them(it won't even stick to them itches).   Edit--I work on 301N outside of Wilson,NC..hell naw you don't speed nor even get into the passing lane in Wilson County..Buford T carries 3 guns..A Radar, A Tazzer & a 3" hole in your tire... fix a flat can't fix..Ya all drive careful now;)(this ain't no car wash)   

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Yep, according to the song. But the margaritas are for the wife. And it does keep with the Buffet theme. 

Yes BEER for the manly men maybe with shots.......things that need shaken or stirred for the women.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Yes BEER for the manly men maybe with shots.......things that need shaken or stirred for the women.

Years ago when I was brewing beer, we decided to dump an ounce of pot into the boil with the hops. It didn't impart the best of flavor but still had a small but loyal following. The infamous X Beer. For these times and the gloomy games, I may need to recreate that beer. At least it made you smile.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Years ago when I was brewing beer, we decided to dump an ounce of pot into the boil with the hops. It didn't impart the best of flavor but still had a small but loyal following. The infamous X Beer. For these times and the gloomy games, I may need to recreate that beer. At least it made you smile.

... and then came the cheeseburgers... :)

On 11/28/2017 at 12:09 PM, Tour2ma said:

... and then came the cheeseburgers... :)

Oh yeah toking or not, steaks can be fine on the grill but don't overlook the classic cheeseburger with AMERICAN or other cheese, maybe a big slice of onion or tomato with mustard or my favorite Hellmans mayo, damn making be hungry.

We just had hot dogs on the grill Sunday night with chili sause, diced onion, yellow mustard maybe some Tabasco sauce.......mmmmm.

Anyone ever eat spiedies? Cubes of chicken, lamb, beef or pork marinated a few days and using skewers toast em on the grill, serve em on a sausage bun. A little spicy mustard and your set.

3 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Oh yeah toking or not, steaks can be fine on the grill but don't overlook the classic cheeseburger with AMERICAN or other cheese, maybe a big slice of onion or tomato with mustard or my favorite Hellmans mayo, damn making be hungry.

We just had hot dogs on the grill Sunday night with chili sause, diced onion, yellow mustard maybe some Tabasco sauce.......mmmmm.

Everything but the Hellmans, prefer Duke's.